The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:36 PM
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

In Animal Crossing you can create custom designs/prints on your clothing, and that would be an awesome idea implemented into X/Y. You could share the designs with your friends or even others over wi-fi.

Also, I like hiff8's idea. Cameo clothing (like Zelda, Mario, etc.) would be cool to see, but I honestly doubt that would happen. After all, it's just a handheld game and the feature would be mostly useless. But we'll see.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:53 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
I expect the basic clothing like the ones sold in local stores like GAP and Forever 21 and cameo clothes from previous Pokemon titles, as well as other Nintendo franchises. I fear that they might add bathing suit accessories, but to be fair, Dragon Quest 9 has those type of clothing, but it only got an E 10+ rating for alcohol references and mild language rather than the inclusion of bathing suits.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:54 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Going ahead and merging this into the Player Customizations thread, but I'd definitely want something like a private school uniform attire. The ones you see a lot of in the Japanese anime. I love those! I'm expecting for there to be more basic outfits to choose from though. Nothing overly dramatic in the sense.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
MarinoKadame

I hope we can customize some Pokeballs like in gen 4.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:04 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I agree with MarinoKadame, I miss the seals that we had for Gen IV.

As for actual character customization, I want them to make like it Battle Revolution in terms of clothes and accessories, and I hope we can mix and match the hair/skin tones because not everyone with fair skin has platinum blonde hair and not everyone with darker skin has black hair. I'm more like the fair girl in that I'm pale with blue eyes but my hair color is like the default girl. But anyway.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:44 PM
cataboy123
Unhatched Egg

I am going to be the whitest guy there is or I might be tan or black :D!!!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I expect the basic clothing like the ones sold in local stores like GAP and Forever 21 and cameo clothes from previous Pokemon titles, as well as other Nintendo franchises. I fear that they might add bathing suit accessories, but to be fair, Dragon Quest 9 has those type of clothing, but it only got an E 10+ rating for alcohol references and mild language rather than the inclusion of bathing suits.
Yup, I've brought up the cameo clothing options before, and still stand by it. It'd be a great way to throw in cameos that the players would recognize without having to actually throw the characters in. I could easily see things like Link and Mario popping up, and maybe something like Peach's attire from Mario Golf/Tennis popping up (since who would want to travel the region in that dress of hers?).
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

Like I'm said I'm looking for some Cameo clothing, Olimar helmets, Mario hats, and maybe Majora's mask
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:13 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
I hope we can customize some Pokeballs like in gen 4.
I hope even more so... Change everything about it and not need to take them off to deposit a Pokemon in the PC...

Spoiler:

Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:43 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Yup, I've brought up the cameo clothing options before, and still stand by it. It'd be a great way to throw in cameos that the players would recognize without having to actually throw the characters in. I could easily see things like Link and Mario popping up, and maybe something like Peach's attire from Mario Golf/Tennis popping up (since who would want to travel the region in that dress of hers?).
You know, it's actually kind of strange, now that I think about it! When concerning other Nintendo titles such as Mario and Zelda, you'd see references to other video game literally all the time, and I believe that it even happens in Metroid (I could be wrong, though). It did strike me as odd that Pokemon never really had any of these references of some sort, and it'd be beneficial if they did include some in the form of clothing.

Even Mario/Luigi's hat would do. Peach's Umbrella, something. Though that would probably be asking for too much. xD;
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:04 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
Not to go off topic but it doesn't even have to be their stuff popping up. They could make vague references to other series' characters(ex: 'A blonde guy in green came sailing by here the other day' could be mentioned by someone in the coastal area).

They could have some of their attire available though for customization. It's something I've been looking forward to as well.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:01 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

Pokemon generally attracts a younger audience, many who wouldn't gets said cameos. But God Damn it I want that damn pointy green hat!
Old May 23rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

There's always new games that have come out for each new generation for these games, though. I mean, we just had Skyward Sword release in the past few years, so kids would be able to pull Link out of that. Everyone knows Mario. It'd be pretty easy for even young kids to recognize small cameo accessories or outfits if they were given to us. It's just a fun way to pay homage to the rest of Nintendo's franchise.
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

The thing about it is...the reason why I'm doubting this would really happen is that, if I'm correct, isn't Gamefreak a partner of Nintendo? Usually Nintendo-owned series have references in them, like Zelda, Metroid, Mario, the whole nine yards (that have pretty much been mentioned already lmao). The fact that GF is pretty much it's own company means that, chances are, references to other Nintendo titles aren't going to be too likely. u___u I mean the most they've ever really references is just putting some kind of recent Nintendo console in your bedroom and allowing you to interact with it (somewhat, I guess), but that's pretty much it.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

That is definitely true, but because Nintendo are the ones that publish the work that Game Freak does they could potentially have some say of what they might want into the games. Obviously they have to have some vision of their own for what they want to see, so it wouldn't be too far out of the realm of possibility for cameos in the form of clothing and accessories to appear!

Also as a totally different thing, I kind of hope we have the ability to customize our gear that's on our wrist some what. I mean, since it appears to be like a projector or maybe extendable like the Pokédex (unlikely, but who knows), so I feel like we'd be able to customize that as well. Stuff like its color, background, maybe even the ringtone that pops in for notifications like the Xtransceiver's tone.
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Stuff like its color, background, maybe even the ringtone that pops in for notifications like the Xtransceiver's tone.
So basically have it kind of like some technologically enhanced phone, more or less? :x I definitely wouldn't be opposed to that!

(Seriously though, when are our main characters going to get phones? You would've figured that by now they would've been something implemented already.)
Old May 26th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
So basically have it kind of like some technologically enhanced phone, more or less? :x I definitely wouldn't be opposed to that!

(Seriously though, when are our main characters going to get phones? You would've figured that by now they would've been something implemented already.)
I guess so for the most part, except it's on your wrist =P Pretty much a smart phone attached to your wrist I guess!
Old May 26th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I guess so for the most part, except it's on your wrist =P Pretty much a smart phone attached to your wrist I guess!
The Xtransceiver was a step in the right direction I guess, and imo they should at least keep it that way. Being able to call your friends and video/mic chat with them was a pretty cool thing to have. .-.

At least the one thing that I'm happy about in terms of character customization (that is, if I'm correct about being able change clothes and stuff), is that the male protagonist doesn't have to look like a copy of B/W's. u_u
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:40 PM
MJT1990
Unhatched Suicune Egg

Nature: Jolly
ALL I'm asking for is you to be able to change that DUMB HAT AND GLASSES!!!! It it irritates my soul and idk why but I just hate that hat and glasses with a passion!!

Love is earned. Not given. Be prepared for the hardest time of your life!
Here's my Youtube channel for Pokemon: http://www.youtube.com/user/MyJT1990
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJT1990 View Post
ALL I'm asking for is you to be able to change that DUMB HAT AND GLASSES!!!! It it irritates my soul and idk why but I just hate that hat and glasses with a passion!!
Well from the look of the trailers and some of the screenshots, you definitely will be able to ditch the hat (off the girl at least), sunglasses I'd assume so too. So don't worry, you'll be able to look like you want.

If anything, I'm REALLY hoping for different outfits for the male protagonist. The one reason I'm refusing to use him right now is because he looks exactly like Nate and Hilbert. If it's possible for me to change his outfit pretty early in the game, I'd be willing to use him again.
Old May 29th, 2013, 04:15 PM
captainfez3
Old School Trainer

My primary hope is that all of the customization options will be open to us pretty much from the get go. I don't want to have to play through the entire game and jump through twenty hoops to make my avatar look the way I want. I'm all for unlockables, but I'd prefer those be for a few major milestones (Champion, Pokedex completion, whatever else) and that they be kept to a minimum.

I feel strangely disconnected when I am playing a game and I jump through look after look until I end up with what I want, just because I didn't have access to what I would want.
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Honestly its not that big of a deal for me if they do it or not. And I am not sure if they would want to do something like that. They may just stick to the same old routine

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Hikamaru
out of this world
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I actually like this concept, but I probably won't be using the optional hair/skin colors since the female player's default design heavily resembles my own hair and skin color. The idea of obtaining new clothes throughout the game was something I wasn't expecting but it's a pretty smart move by Game Freak.

I don't know if I'll use the feature much when I play the games though.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

i'll be gone for a while, here's why

Old June 15th, 2013, 10:42 PM
franko94
Master Trainer

Nature: Adamant
If there is a blue suit and a brown trench coat, I will be happy. That's all I need tbh

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Ark...rds=B00DAIDXDA

iOS devices can access via apps for either Kindle or Nook

Also, for those of you who like more realistic fiction, on November 28th, my second work Family is Forever comes out.
Old June 16th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Romaov
Orra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJT1990 View Post
Well in the trailers we've seen the trainer both boy and girl i think without a hat on so I think we'll have the option to take off that stupid hat xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links