The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:50 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
It's probably going to be Z,that's what I thought while I was in school.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:00 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I'm assuming it'll be Pokemon Z... but then again, we never got Grey, did we?
We might end up with X2 and Y2.

☆ 3DS Code: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Tomodachi Life

☆ Currently playing: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Pokémon X and Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:11 AM
xRekke
Shiny Hunter

Pokemon Z seems to be the closest answer!
If Z is correct, its legendary should be something snake-like mythical creature from japanese myth ~

Shiny Hunter at your Service!
THE HUNT IS ON!

Add me up! 3ds friend code: 4270-0863-3280

Friend Safari : FIGHTING
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

Nature: Calm
Pokémon Z most certainly would be more fitting for a third game to Generation VI. Because the game names would probably be from Width, Height and Depth. Which means that the 3rd game (Pokémon Z) could very well have a Cobra-like legendary Pokémon as it's mascot.

Wow, now I'm thinking too far ahead. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Naykd

Nature: Quirky
Pokemon W - a pokemon with a 'W' shaped tail
Braixen

Pokémon White 2 FC:
4299 0983 9733

Pokémon Black FC: 2666 1560 0333
Pokémon Pearl FC: 0604 1377 2074
Pokémon HeartGold FC: 4942 0703 0914
Pokémon Platinum FC: 2622 8860 7175
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
I am sure Z will come out. Grey didn't make it as Black and White's next version because Black and White had version exclusive locations. It would mess up the theme of the two games as well since both are of different themes (Black being futuristic and White being Natural)

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I hope it's Z. XY could work, I suppose. X2 and Y2 are possible. There are so many things they could do, but Z works really well. It works better than the theorized Grey for Black and White. It's the natural progression.
These are the two options I see as well. I would have to assume they go with X2 and Y2, since I think they're running with the dual follow-up game now, to make more bang for their buck.
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Great square roots .
But seriously I think they should go with Pokemon W and Z instead even if they do sequels as the 2 will become even more uncreative. Gold and Silver were to become Pokemon 2 but got names of their own. So Pokemon Z if third or if sequels Pokemon Z and W. Or maybe K instead of W as K is a variable in math and would make most sense with X, Y and Z plus it'll complete the awezome mckool letterz.
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Khrysta

Depends on what extra legends we get later down the line. If nothing bigger than the two here, we may have a random third if any third at all. B2W2 was a real shocker and proved that we don't have to have three versions of the same games. Gamefreak can forgo Third versions in place of other options now.

Like DLC continuations.
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:15 PM

That's true.
Though I feel sequels were exclusive to generation V (not counting Gen II being a sequel to Gen I). We may return to third version style games.
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Yeah, I think Z is the obvious choice here, buuut they can always throw a curve ball and name it after one of the speculated trio pokemon... whatever they will be. Sort of like they did with pokemon crystal. Like said above, I too, guess the third game will ultimately be named by a very significant legendary or (legendaries).

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
Well, the obvious choice is Z, isn't it? X and Y doesn't really sound complete with out Z, well at least for me. Unless they decide on making 2 sequels, like B/W2, the name for the third game should be Z. It's the only choice that makes sense.
just watch as it's named A
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:59 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pikakitten
I want to say Z, but maybe not, hell, Black and White surprised me, I was 100000000% sure it would be Gray xD But what would the Trio leader's name be with Z?
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Taeshan
Unhatched Egg

Z, because it completes the 3D thing. Three plains of X, Y, Z. Only makes logical sense, than again a lot of what pokemon does isn't logical.
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Manganum
Your local sine wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Oh and a Serpent represents rebirth too fitting the Life-Death-Rebirth theme prediction some of us have.
I think it seems more obvious that Z will follow the 3D theme rather than life and death (they're rather morbid themes for a kid's game!). See here:
On the 3D axis, X is horizontal (left-right) while Y is vertical (up-down). Xerneas is land-based (X-axis) and Yveltal is sky-based (Y-axis). So this leaves the Z-axis which is depth. I feel like we're more likely to get something in that area (transdimensional creature? Deep-sea serpent? Underground monster? Heck, even deep space is a possibility!) than rebirth.
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Pokémon Z seems like the obvious choice here, as said many times already. The only other two ideas that I can think of are Pokémon XY, to follow through with the chromosomes theory, or Pokémon X2 and Y2. I like the use of exponents here.

But as Black and White have shown us, there doesn't necessarily have to be a third game. There are other options GameFreak can follow through on now that they haven't done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manganum View Post
I think it seems more obvious that Z will follow the 3D theme rather than life and death (they're rather morbid themes for a kid's game!). See here:
On the 3D axis, X is horizontal (left-right) while Y is vertical (up-down). Xerneas is land-based (X-axis) and Yveltal is sky-based (Y-axis). So this leaves the Z-axis which is depth. I feel like we're more likely to get something in that area (transdimensional creature? Deep-sea serpent? Underground monster? Heck, even deep space is a possibility!) than rebirth.
If we get a Pokémon Z as the third game, then I sincerely hope it's a serpent-like creature. It's the only one I can see representing the letter 'Z' without looking, well, weird. One that dwells underground or within the deep sea would be cool. It could move in zigzags if need be. Just as how Xerneas would look like an 'X' with its front legs spread apart.

I'm not sure if I'm on board with it being from a trans-dimension though. Seems too reminiscent of Giratina.
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Manganum
Your local sine wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
If we get a Pokémon Z as the third game, then I sincerely hope it's a serpent-like creature. It's the only one I can see representing the letter 'Z' without looking, well, weird. One that dwells underground or within the deep sea would be cool. It could move in zigzags if need be. Just as how Xerneas would look like an 'X' with its front legs spread apart.

I'm not sure if I'm on board with it being from a trans-dimension though. Seems too reminiscent of Giratina.
Yeah, it is a bit too soon to have another Pokemon from a different dimension, but I just had a bit of a brainwave regarding my own post when I read your reply.
We know X and Y are based both on spatial dimensions (due to the fact that it's the first 3D Pokemon game) as well as genetics and chromosomes (due to the double helix in the Japanese logo). Following on with the "depth" theme, specifically the "deep space" part of my post... What if we're going to get some big bad cousin of Deoxys, our friendly being from outer space with the ability to alter its DNA?
An alien Pokemon would be easy for Game Freak to make into a "Z" shape.
On one hand, I think it's a reasonable theory, but on the other, I sincerely hope they don't make some space demon thing.

/end brain spray
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Zupplu
Hey Listen! ~Navi

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Zupplu
^ I think an Alien shaped in a Z that has no resemblance to a serpent would be ridiculous.

E M M E R Y N
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

Nature: Timid
Everyone says Z, nd about half of them say it might also be X2 and Y2. Others even say XX and XY, anda friend of mine even says "Zero" becaue it'll be the "undefined" version of the trio, and so far, the names will get more complcated down the road. XD;

I say, if the games are as flat as everything before Black and White, it'll be Z. But i the plot is heavy and juicy, it might be X2/XX and Y2/XY.
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:07 AM

Lol nice pun there saying XYZ are flat (the three represent 3D). They can make a juicy plot and name it whatever they want.
I hope that the third legend has blue eyes finishing up the blue eyed trio theory I had since Sinnoh, (Sinnoh was the red eyes trio, and Hoenn had the yellow eyed trio which lead me to believe we will have a blue eyed trio eventually, interestingly Unova had all three.)
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Eucliffe
⟢ white dragon

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
X² and Y², to make things sound cool :P

Seriously, though, if they do make a third game and don't pull a BW2, it'll probably be Z, or maybe O (as in, the blood type, which I guess sort of has to do with DNA, though not entirely). Or, if Nintendo wants to pull a BW2, they could use what I suggested (or just make it a boring X2 and Y2) or they could do Pokemon A and Pokemon B. (Again, blood types.)

Last edited by Eucliffe; January 11th, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:00 AM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Given the Japanese logo (i.e., the DNA helix in the ン), I'm going to totally ignore the idea of a Pokémon Z Version, though I won't rule it out entirely. They're gonna have to explain the DNA helices in the pair to make up for this if they decide to swap to spacial dimensions in essentially the same game.

In terms of a third game, XY seems to be the most believable. However, we shouldn't be surprised if there's an XX/XY pair as a sequel.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manganum View Post
I know that lol. I'm talking about the in story theme which seems to be different from the XYZ axis thing given the DNA in the logo.

I like the idea of a Deep Sea Serpent, than this trio will live in the same biomes as the Weather trio (Than I'll use that as a remake hint ).

XX, XY seems likely but the gender thing would seem strange.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Lady Gunner
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆

Nature: Sassy
Tbh, it seems that Z seems predictable, like Gray did. I bet GF wants to change it up again and make sequels instead of a third game or maybe even remakes... :3

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:10 PM

X2, and Y2 are also predictable names for sequels...They could go with W and Z instead
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links