The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Forever
let it go

A water/psychic Dolphin would be interesting in general but I don't think it needs branch evolutions. I mean it comes from the ocean, there isn't much further to go from there imo. :(
Old February 9th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Also, more kinds of whale Pokemon! Don't leave it at just Wailord!
An Orca. A Water / Dark Orca Pokémon and a Water / Psychic Dolphin Pokémon. Make it happen, GameFreak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfuze174 View Post
I would live to see a lion based fire type( not entei looking)
A water/ psychic dolphin also a new pokemon that has eevee type evols a normal type that evolves different depending on stone . Don't get me wrong i love eeveloutions like the rest but it would be cool if another pokemon was able to do it
If another Pokémon like Eevee who has multiple branch evolutions were to be introduce, then Eevee loses its one trait that makes it so unique from other Pokémon. In my opinion, I would much rather Eevee gain new evolutions to cover the remaining types every couple of generations, instead of getting a new Eevee altogether.
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
An Orca. A Water / Dark Orca Pokémon and a Water / Psychic Dolphin Pokémon. Make it happen, GameFreak.
If that does happen then Sharpedo will lose its uniqueness somewhat! Unless the Orca is muuuuuch more intimidating, has intimidate, is giant and has strong special attack. :)
Old February 9th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
If that does happen then Sharpedo will lose its uniqueness somewhat! Unless the Orca is muuuuuch more intimidating, has intimidate, is giant and has strong special attack.
Sharpedo never had Uniqueness if you are going by type. Crawdaunt shared the same Type Combination as it, and it lost is signature ability in Gen 5 when they gave Rough Skin to other Pokemon, not to mention created a new variation of Rough Skin for Ferroseed/thorn.

It being a Shark is still unique and making an Orca which is between a Whale and Dolphin by pedigree wouldn't effect it that much.
Old February 9th, 2013, 06:48 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
We already have Kyogre which is based on an Orca but another one would be nice. Also Garchomp is a shark...so that shark uniqueness has already been lost abeit a different kind of shark.
I'm hoping we get a larger diversity of sea, river, and ocean pokemon.
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Forever
let it go

Oh right I forgot about the other sharks/dark + water types :x Okay ya, a dark orca would totally be okay, but only as long as it's special (like I posteddd) and doesn't learn thunder like Kyogre as mentioned or it'd be like Kyogre the seconddd minus the typing. :(
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Community Supporter

I'll like it if the Orca would be Water/Psychic, we haven't had that combo for longggg time now...
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Basculin
Dragonite Fan

Nature: Gentle
I would like to see a Water/Psychic pokemon as well. I /NEED/ a bug and ghost/dark type. I would also like to see a pre evolution for Shuckle. Maybe it could be like a worm or something?

I also like the OP's idea. I would also like to see a non-legendary Dragon/Ice type.

Platinum FC:
1291 7915 8896
White FC: 1163 2702 7590
White 2 FC: 2280 5895 3333
Pokemon X FC: 4081 6662 2044
CMT? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...22#post6883822
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Community Supporter

Maybe we'll get none legendary fire/dragon and ice/dragon, they could be version exclusives. Or maybe a pokémon that changes formes from Fire/Dragon to Ice/Dragon.

And while I'm not sure if this would be a new pokémon (or a new Kyurem forme) they should have the original dragon and make it Dragon/Psychic seeing how the three dragons shared their secondary typing with the birds first so the original could share it's secondary typing with Lugia's first.
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I want a Mosquito Pokemon. Bug/Poison.
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:18 PM
HyperXhydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
I want a Mosquito Pokemon. Bug/Poison.
True, they haven't done that.
I would like an evolution of Steelix, though most probably they would make pre-evolution of Onix.
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Community Supporter

If they did a mosquito pokémon I'll perfer it be Bug/water, or Bug/Ground (with levitate) as in real life they tend to be more common in swamp like places.
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
We need a Dark-type tarsier. I'd also like to see a hamster and a white tiger. I also think that it's about time that we got a Velociraptor.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old February 10th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basculin View Post
I would like to see a Water/Psychic pokemon as well. I /NEED/ a bug and ghost/dark type. I would also like to see a pre evolution for Shuckle. Maybe it could be like a worm or something?

I also like the OP's idea. I would also like to see a non-legendary Dragon/Ice type.
Dragon/Ice would be a really strong typing though. Somehow I feel like it's better reserved for Kyurem, maybe?? :x
Old February 10th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Basculin
Dragonite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Dragon/Ice would be a really strong typing though. Somehow I feel like it's better reserved
for Kyurem, maybe?? :x
That's what makes me upset...D: It would be super strong AND a combination of my favorite types!
We shall see!

Platinum FC:
1291 7915 8896
White FC: 1163 2702 7590
White 2 FC: 2280 5895 3333
Pokemon X FC: 4081 6662 2044
CMT? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...22#post6883822
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Community Supporter

Water/Dragon is stronger than Ice/Dragon in terms of weaknesses and strengths.

I'll like to see a new pokemon based on a fencer, with nicely decorated rapiers.
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyem View Post
We need a Dark-type tarsier. I'd also like to see a hamster and a white tiger. I also think that it's about time that we got a Velociraptor.
A white tiger would be nice since you could incorporate other elements of big cats into it: lions, leopards, etc. and it would be colored white, which isn't a common color for Pokemon. It would be easy enough to have one that could evolve into a saber-tooth tiger as well.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Not sure if anyone saw this already, but:

I do wonder what that final lettering can represent as an eeveeultion. Well, -if- it represents an eeveelution. The color might be a clue... it looks like a flying symbol? Maybe a new flying type Eeveelution? Hm.

In other news, I would like to see a carbuncle creature~ Or maybe some sort of roadrunner? (not sure if that has been done; unless Doduo represents a roadrunner in some way?).

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Floodblade1234
Spirit of Azelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Maybe a new flying type Eeveelution? Hm.
O_O want..all the wants in wantyville!! that would be an awesome addition!
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
How about a Pokemon based on a spooky bush or tree. I'd call it something like Fritree or Hedgror. They live in dark Forests and they are a dual Grass/Ghost type. I'm sure that something like that would be coming up soon.

Otherwise, I would stick with my username: Boilurn, even though kettles/tea urns are unlikely to come up.
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I guess some more food for thought: Every generation so far has given us roughly the same Pokémon selection at the start of the game. The obvious starters, but also a normal type rodent with a two-stage evolution (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat), a normal/flying bird (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly, Pidove) a couple of fast-evolving (but generally mediocre) bugs (Caterpie/Weedle, Ledyba/Spinarak, Wurmple (Beautifly/Dustox), Kricketot, Sewaddle/Venipede) as well as a more "special" critter that's a tad more powerful/exotic and useful for longer (Pikachu/Mankey, Gastly, Ralts, Shinx, Lillipup). Granted, the last point is the least consistent one, but generally, we get a bug or two, a bird and a rodent at the very start. Not long after, plant-based critters start to appear. From there on the patterns thin out and each generation has its own spin on things.

I think we can look forward to roughly the same in XY as well. So, what might GameFreak have in store for us regarding these early-game 'mons?

I hope we get a flying squirrel for the rodent this time. (not Emolga) Squirrels are adorable and long overdue. Granted, GameFreak might go for a three-in-a-row and hijack the squirrel design to feature as the Pikachu expy again, which means we're probably in for another chipmunk or rat. As for bugs, they've done butterflies, bees, ladybugs, spiders, moths, more butterflies, krickets and monster caterpillars, so perhaps we'll see a beetle of sorts? Or maybe another Spider because you can never have enough spiders~ But apart from Heracross and Pinsir, we haven't had that many beetles. I'd also like it if GameFreak if they let the bird be an owl again, smiliar to a Hoothoot, after all owls are cool and pidgeons have already been done twice. Pygmy owls, for instance, make great bases for Pokémon designs. They are also pretty cute, which is always a plus.

That early-game "joker" that sticks with you for some time (a la Shinx or Mareep) could be a fire or ghost type for once. Unlike the docile Water and Grass types, Fire types generally are a tad more offensive than average, have great advantages against early bugs and Grass types, and they are hard to fit design-wise into many environments, so GameFreak usually restrict them to mid-game, way after you've encountered your first non-starter Water and Grass types. BW2 gave us early Growlithe, so maybe there is hope that we could get a cute little fire-spewing critter of doom before we get our first badge? Hence why I do hope for another Salamander, orrrr a fire-cat~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Not sure if anyone saw this already, but:

I do wonder what that final lettering can represent as an eeveeultion. Well, -if- it represents an eeveelution. The color might be a clue... it looks like a flying symbol? Maybe a new flying type Eeveelution? Hm.

In other news, I would like to see a carbuncle creature~ Or maybe some sort of roadrunner? (not sure if that has been done; unless Doduo represents a roadrunner in some way?).
I heard that the pink bow doesn't represent any pokemon and that the one you put the question mark over is assigned to Espeon. The pink bow is more like a separator.
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Yeah I guess so looking at it more~ It did seem a little weird. Perhaps there might be more light shed this week or.. something.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 11th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Laylaw
"Smell ya later!" - Blue

I'd love a ram Pokémon. It could be fighting and steel?
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Flying-type Eveelution <333 Though I imagine it not doing so well in battle, maybe? Then again, Tornadus isn't really anything to mess with, and it's a flying type, so we'll see what happens, I guess? XD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links