The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
LittleCubone
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
I personally would like to see a bunch of Big Cat pokemon. Tiger, Lion, Jaguar, Cheetah, Panther. I love the Killer Whale idea. Though when I see Kyogre, that's what I imagine to be as close to a Killer Whale as they'll get. Also I would love to see some mythical creatures. Centaur, Mermaid, Sphinx, Griphon, Pegasus. Bigfoot. Haha.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Since the 6th Gen is based, apparently, on Europe, odds are that we'll see some Pokes based on mythical creatures, Sylveon is already a "nymph" it seems.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:54 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I would love for there to be more mythical creatures in these games! It's kind of strange, because I thought GF kind of forgotten all about those. @_@ Hopefully they decide to put more mythical creatures in these games. Seeing an (actual) sphinx Pokemon would be awesome~!
Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:16 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I would love for there to be more mythical creatures in these games! It's kind of strange, because I thought GF kind of forgotten all about those. @_@ Hopefully they decide to put more mythical creatures in these games. Seeing an (actual) sphinx Pokemon would be awesome~!
They still did put them in, I mean Sigilyph is based off of the Nazca lines which is a myth itself. Litwick is similar to a Will-o-the-wisp based on Pokedex about it sucking out your soul and getting a larger flame. Even Jellicent and Frillish are loosely based on krakens where their "they drag ships and sailors down into the depths where they drown" sorta info.

Volcarona is also based off some myth about the Sun. It gets smaller, but they still keep the myth thing going.

Euorpe wise and America are harder to do due to less myths, though if Europe I'm praying for some Minotaur.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:59 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Hmm...I've been thinking about something...an undead Dragon of some sort.

Ghost/Dragon. A strange combination, but it'd have such a cool design concept of some sort. @__@
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:10 PM
SeanAxel
Unhatched Egg

Quote:

Ghost/Dragon. A strange combination, but it'd have such a cool design concept of some sort. @__@
Didn't Giratina had that combination?
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:

"Hi how ya doin buddy?"
"Have we ever met before?"

XP I know not what you meant but the general structure is similar. If Ghost and Dragon, I'd kinda want something a little more dark. Like a Dragon that steals Souls or devours worlds (Alduin mode activate!)

Zombie-esque designs are kinda overdone in society. Necromancer Dragon would be cool though.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
"Hi how ya doin buddy?"
"Have we ever met before?"

XP I know not what you meant but the general structure is similar. If Ghost and Dragon, I'd kinda want something a little more dark. Like a Dragon that steals Souls or devours worlds (Alduin mode activate!)

Zombie-esque designs are kinda overdone in society. Necromancer Dragon would be cool though.
UNDEAD Ghost/Dragon. XD I half-forgot Giratina exists, I'll give you that one, but in any sense, it's really a legendary and I'd like for something non-legendary anyway, when I say that.

I don't really count legendaries when it comes to type combinations like Steel/Dragon, Ghost/Dragon and the likes. I just like to see regular Pokemon with those kinds of types instead of it being legendary-exclusive.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:47 PM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
I want a Grriffon, hopefully pure Flying.

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old March 24th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Forever
let it go

For a griffon I can't help but think it'd be part fire, mainly because that's what a phoenix is like, and I assume they'd be all... similar? But fire/flying for a non-legendary but an actual bird and not Charizard would be awesome.
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:52 PM
EnglishMilkshake
Delapitated Account

There should be a new Pokémon that should learn both Disable and Encore. There aren't any in the current 5 Generations that can learn BOTH those moves (without the use of Sketch). I would be cheesed off if GameFreak doesn't.

Former Creator of Pokémon Pear Blue and Pokemon Chocolate Green. Coming soon, Pokemon Virus Lavender. To be made in RMXP Pokemon Essentials v12.

Also the founder of "Project Pokemon Advantage Cream".
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
No need for this to be a topic on its own, so I'm kicking this over into the New Pokémon Spec. thread.
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

You know, it'd be kind of interesting if there were Pokemon that were somehow the symbolism of Greek Gods. Just think about it! A pokemon that had the ultimate strength of the sea, moreso than Kyogre! Meet the Pokemon version of Poseidon. :x

...Just a crazy thought that came to me, is all. xD Though I think we've already had Thundurus as some sort of Thor, so I guess thats a start?
Old March 25th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMilkshake View Post
There should be a new Pokémon that should learn both Disable and Encore. There aren't any in the current 5 Generations that can learn BOTH those moves (without the use of Sketch). I would be cheesed off if GameFreak doesn't.
Maybe! I'm kind of interested in Pokemon that can work outside of singles being introduced. Like something made for doubles etc to make everything more interesting.
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

I was think a Pokemon with the combination of a cola bottle and a Hulk Inspired Pokemon.

Imagine a cute and tiny Pokemon that looks like or close to a soda bottle. A Pokemon that produces Soda. Taste amazing, but the after taste is just horrible. People get mad shake the Pokemon in anger. Building its anger, but it's nature is Forgiving. But if the Soda Bottle Pokemon gets shaken and angered to the max. It will evolve into an Angry Soda Pokemon. Imagine a cola bottle being dunked with mentos with a very very angry face, extremely strong, and hella erupting sticking-foamy-cola of teeth-eroding destruction.
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqid Loopz View Post
I was think a Pokemon with the combination of a cola bottle and a Hulk Inspired Pokemon.

Imagine a cute and tiny Pokemon that looks like or close to a soda bottle. A Pokemon that produces Soda. Taste amazing, but the after taste is just horrible. People get mad shake the Pokemon in anger. Building its anger, but it's nature is Forgiving. But if the Soda Bottle Pokemon gets shaken and angered to the max. It will evolve into an Angry Soda Pokemon. Imagine a cola bottle being dunked with mentos with a very very angry face, extremely strong, and hella erupting sticking-foamy-cola of teeth-eroding destruction.

Single-handedly the best post in this thread by far.

I can imagine something purely have an insane attack as well as a decent amount of def and sp.def. Since it's a hulky soda can, I doubt it can move quickly, but I could be wrong. Though I don't know if it's a good idea, sacrificing speed for more defense but...yeah. xD;
Old March 25th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Expro

Nature: Jolly
I want a sudowoodo evolution that looks like a grand oak tree with huge trunk arms. I also want to see a legit wolf Pokemon that can take on Zoroark and the whole fox clan. I'm digging that ice/flying owl idea.
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

I still think Jynx should get an evolution. And I'm hoping they come up with something clever regarding more counter-types such as a Pokemon that is Fire/Water (kind of like the move Scald), Grass/Fire, Ice/Electric. They did a great job with Water/Electric with Lanturn, maybe they can come up with something amazing again.
Old March 25th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I agree whole-heartedly. I'd love to see more contradicting types being used more as dual types. Lanturn was indeed fantastic, so I'd love to see some more stuff along those lines (especially Fire/Grass)!
Old March 26th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
I still think Jynx should get an evolution. And I'm hoping they come up with something clever regarding more counter-types such as a Pokemon that is Fire/Water (kind of like the move Scald), Grass/Fire, Ice/Electric. They did a great job with Water/Electric with Lanturn, maybe they can come up with something amazing again.
Ice/Electric I'd imagine would likely be special, because Wild Charge and non-accurate Ice moves would kind of limit the usefulness of this Pokemon :'(
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Altough it will probably not happen... I wish Steel type will lose its immunity to Poison type and be only immune to Poison status.
(Steel should normally be weak to Acid moves...)
Old March 29th, 2013, 06:34 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'll like to see a Dragon/Grass Pokémon, I feel like we're overdue for one...
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Forever
let it go

Dragon/grass should've been Serperior. :( And bringing it in now would just... be a slap in the face p much. I don't mind though but people might get a little annoyed lool.
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

^ Why not a Dragon/Grass evolution for Tropius. (like someone already said before)
EDIT: If Serperior was Dragon Grass.... It would be awesome x awesome.
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I personally would love to see the Normal type get more interesting combinations. I really liked Sawsbuck, which drew my attention to the lack of Normal being combined with very many other types. In fact, Normal has only been combined with Flying, Psychic, Water, Grass, and Fighting, which is kind of surprising to me. All of the Pokemon with a Normal/something other than flying type are also particularly interesting to me (despite maybe Bibarel). This makes me hope that the next generation brings more types combined with normal, hopefully resulting in some pretty cool Pokemon design-wise. Some particular combinations I would like to see are Normal/Ghost, Normal/Ice, Normal/Electric, and Normal/Dragon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here