The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I really want the whole 4 elements thing: Water, Grass, Fire, Flying. But it looks like we have a Grass Gym so Ground instead of Grass. And multityped Champions are the way to go now but I wouldn't mind a single typed Champion, maybe Normal. I'd actually like to see Normal in the Pokemon League.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
I think the rival should be Champion again.

Nothing says an Epic battle then fighting the one person you've been trying to stay ahead of the whole game.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:57 AM
davyddhowardii
Pokemon World Champion

Nature: Docile
Im hoping itll be water steel normal fighting and champion all around
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

Nature: Calm
I think I'd like to see a brand new type of Pokémon League gameplay. I would like to see some kind of tournament-like Championship, where it's all based around ranks. One thing I would definitely like to see in a Pokémon game is having spectators in a stadium which would make the battles much more better.

Where as in previous generations, they were just about rooms and battles without any spectators. Which is why I would love to see spectators in the Pokémon League. ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:00 PM
fluffydukki
Time-killer

Nature: Timid
What if instead of types, the E4 had their own strategies? Teams with high HP, or speed, attack, defence...

Different battle styles would be cool. Doubles, rotations, etc.
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydukki View Post
That would be a really nice idea for a Elite Four battles, especially how it could be different for each Elite Four member, rather than the generic single battles. A rotational battle would be really cool for one of the Elite Four. Perhaps it could go like this: Double > Triple > Rotational > [insert something new here]

Maybe in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y could have a new type of battling? Oh I know! Maybe a randomized battle where you send out a random Pokémon then send it back and bring out another random Pokémon each turn?

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Zupplu
Hey Listen! ~Navi

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Zupplu
I'd like an elements based league, with the Elite 4 Using Flying (Wind), Water, Earth (Ground) and Fire. I think that would be interesting and they could be so creative with the room designs using that. For Earth they could be in a in a canyon or a valley or something, Fire is fairly straightforward, lots of options for that, Water could be in the middle of a raging ocean, and Wind could be high above grounds with a storm brewing. That would be cool and something we haven't see before.

E M M E R Y N
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Hmm I'd really love to see the Elite 4 have much more unique typings as their speciality, I'm sick of seeing a Dragon-type champion or Elite 4 member, it just becomes dull after a while :(. I'd like them to throw in types that haven't had the chance in the E4 such as Electric, Flying, Water, there are so many types you can use then the regular Psychic, Dragon, Fighting and Ghost. But I support the idea of a champion using mixed types, since it provides much more of a challenge and really gets you thinking.
. :p
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:33 PM
HyperXhydra

They should make electric type Elite 4, and Dark type gym leader.
I think it's conformed there's a bug type gym.
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Cyanide

Id like a "champion" mode. Where you stay.champion, and take on waves of challengers, maybe for bp?

WINS:24
LOSE:6
DRAWS:0

VGC Doubles

wins: 23
Lose:8
draws: 0

Always up for a battle, PM me!

FC gen 5: 2924-7487-5102
FC WHITE2: still too lazy to look.

ARMY STRONG
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
I'd also like something like what the above poster has mentioned, however unlikely it would be, it would be pretty fun and entertaining taking on challengers as the new champion!
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperXhydra View Post
They should make electric type Elite 4, and Dark type gym leader.
I think it's conformed there's a bug type gym.
Nah nothing is confirmed, for the most part it's just speculation based on what's been seen. :)

Electric e4 would be random though, I mean, patterns for the Elite Four would be a good thing (for challengers), as seen in Unova, and unless there's water/fire/grass and electric, which would make more sense, it'd seem strange just throwing random types together! Although I think that might've been done in the past but icr really. :( And patterned is... nice. Electric doesn't really seem to fit into much tbh.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Hoenn's had the 1st and 3rd be strong against the 2nd and 4th respectively, perhaps they could have something like the Fire,Grass,Electric,Water could work like that. Or Electric, Water, Fire, Grass, that's if they're doing set though.
Sinnoh had a random one but I liked it that way. They could also do Fire, Electric, Ice, and Dragon if they plan to repeat at least a few old types like the last E4's ( 1 for Johto, 3 for Hoenn, all 4 for Unova, and one for Sinnoh) have been doing.
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:26 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
I want to see the Pokemon League appear more like it does in the anime. You know, an actual tournament. And THEN, if you win the tournament you could go against the Elite Four/Champion, and what have you. Or if that sounds like too much, just have the four Elite Four be the tournament, or something. Or if nothing else, have the thing be spectated, like someone else said.

Please allow people to choose opponent order, like in Gen V. As for types, I do not want to see something like Water/Fire/Grass/Electric, because there's no real variety in that if it's so orderly and planned.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:15 AM
CrystalRose
Maiden

Nature: Docile
I'd like to see:

Ground > Flying > Water > Fire

Each representing one of the four classic elements.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:21 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
What if instead of types, the E4 had their own strategies? Teams with high HP, or speed, attack, defence...

Different strategies and playing style would be awesome
I would like to see the Elite Four have "surprise" Pokemon in their team (like water specialized E4 have a monotype electric or steel pokemon in his team), that would make them less predictable.
But being forced to play rotation or triple battle would be annoying, because those mode still imbalanced as hell. I'm never mind it though with double battle because they've already done it with Tate Liza.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:

Oooooooooh!

A strategically designed Elite 4 and Champion would be amazing to have. Now that would be a pretty fun Elite 4 to go up against, each with their own opinions and reasons as to why they specialize in the area of their choice. It could be annoying too, but a welcomed challenge nonetheless. I can see one of them mastering the art of Attack, the other Special Attack, another one could be Speed, and then there's the fourth member who can specialize in both Defense and Sp. Defense with HP included.

Meanwhile I could see the Champion having a well balanced, well put together and competitive team of high leveled Pokémon.

They could keep the specialized typing if they wanted to, but with an idea like this, I'd rather the Pokémon come at random so the different stat strategies can work out better.
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRose View Post
I'd like to see:

Ground > Flying > Water > Fire

Each representing one of the four classic elements.
And the Champion should be Normal type, Electric, or Psychic (taking the place of the fifth Element, Ether)
Old January 15th, 2013, 01:57 PM
HyperXhydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
And the Champion should be Normal type, Electric, or Psychic (taking the place of the fifth Element, Ether)
One type would be easy to beat, Diversity is better it's more challenging.
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Correspondence

True but since it is the champion it'd be great to see him/her pull it off with a weaker type like Normal because there are too many Dragon champions.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:58 PM
omegakilla
Unhatched Egg

I'd like to see a Pokemon League where you face random opponents that get harder with each win, so it simulates a tournament, and then after that, you can hunt down the Elite Four, and battle them.
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:37 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'd like to see what someone earlier suggested with Grass, Water, Steel and Electric. And I'd like the champion to be like Cynthia, and use a variety of types.
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
I'd like to see either a Grass, Water, Fire, and Normal E4 with a mixed Champ. or a Poison, Rock, Ground, and a steel or flying E4 with a mix champ
Friend safari: Normal
•Pokemon X: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well.
Owner of the club: Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:13 PM
bajram1892

A couple of things for the Elite 4 I thought might be interesting or was wondering:

1) What types would you like the Elite 4 members to be? Personally I would want Electric, Grass, Water and Steel since none of these types have been the main types of Elite 4 members yet.

2) This next idea seems to vary in opinion but what about after you get your 8 badges instead of vsing the Elite 4 right after you have to win a tournament first like the shows, and the fact that the game is in 3D should make this a lot more enjoyable, plus all your opponents will be characters you met throughout the game including your Rival as the probable opponent for the championship match. This would then lead to after you won the tournament the next part of the game would be to vs the Elite 4 and Region Champion to become the ultimate champion of the game.
Fc: 3010 6021 5495
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:58 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajram1892 View Post
A couple of things for the Elite 4 I thought might be interesting or was wondering:

1) What types would you like the Elite 4 members to be? Personally I would want Electric, Grass, Water and Steel since none of these types have been the main types of Elite 4 members yet.

2) This next idea seems to vary in opinion but what about after you get your 8 badges instead of vsing the Elite 4 right after you have to win a tournament first like the shows, and the fact that the game is in 3D should make this a lot more enjoyable, plus all your opponents will be characters you met throughout the game including your Rival as the probable opponent for the championship match. This would then lead to after you won the tournament the next part of the game would be to vs the Elite 4 and Region Champion to become the ultimate champion of the game.
Would be better then the normal cliche plus I don't mind a fire elite four member with a Charizard and magmar

Sponsored Links