Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Items?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old February 19th, 2013 (07:11 AM).
Banned

Probably some new TMs and berries.
Old February 19th, 2013 (09:00 AM).
Lump Appraiser

Nature: Naughty
I just wish Hydro Pump would finally become a TM :'( I would really like to see some pokes able to gain a powerful Water-type move finally - Salamence, Vanilluxe...Camerupt? Its volcanoes could act like geysers lol. Maybe that's going too far.

Honestly though, if they aren't planning on keeping the somewhat-corrupt move tutor system that they have now, I hope that Roost, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Dragon Pulse, and Stealth Rock will make their returns as TMs this gen. Of course it's very likely that we'll also have a plethora of brand-new moves this time around again, and that would be great too.

Just...please Hydro Pump....please...
Old February 22nd, 2013 (06:15 PM).
As It Is

Nature: Calm
An item I'd like to see back is the Vs. Seeker. It was a useful item especially if there was a trainer that had higher levels rather than battling pokemon like Audino.
Old February 27th, 2013 (08:01 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Akatsuki Ten:
An item I'd like to see back is the Vs. Seeker. It was a useful item especially if there was a trainer that had higher levels rather than battling pokemon like Audino.
Seconding this. The Vs. Seeker was by and far the most useful key item in the game, and I was upset they took it out in Gen 5. I guess I can sort of understand with the new experience mechanic that using the Vs. Seeker wouldn't be as effective, but it would still be nice to have back regardless. Made grinding much easier to achieve without having to search endlessly for Audinos.
Old March 10th, 2013 (02:21 PM).

An idea I had recently, during a discussion about Flareon on another board - how about a set of hold items that swap two statistics - one each for each combination? So, for instance, you could have a Flareon hold the one that swaps Special Attack and Defense, so it'd have 95 base Defense instead of 60, and 60 base Special Attack instead of 95. It'd provide a way to fix some of the poor stat distributions without retconning anything, and it'd be entirely in the control of the players. You want to leave your Flareon with low Defense and increase its Speed instead? Just give it that hold item instead. Or you want to run it with Special attacks? Use one that swaps Attack for Defense or Speed (or whatever) instead.

It'd complicate prediction in competitive battling quite a bit - give a Cryogonal the one that swaps Special Defense and Defense, for instance, and that would certainly throw people off (at least momentarily), but aside from that, I don't think it would be an issue. It wouldn't be terribly unbalancing, in part because the stats wouldn't actually change - they'd just rearrange - so a low number would still exist, but would just be on a different stat, and in part because they'd be hold items, so holding one would mean that the pokemon couldn't hold anything else - lefties or life orb or a choice item or whatever.

??
Old March 10th, 2013 (02:29 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Arlo:
An idea I had recently, during a discussion about Flareon on another board - how about a set of hold items that swap two statistics - one each for each combination? So, for instance, you could have a Flareon hold the one that swaps Special Attack and Defense, so it'd have 95 base Defense instead of 60, and 60 base Special Attack instead of 95. It'd provide a way to fix some of the poor stat distributions without retconning anything, and it'd be entirely in the control of the players. You want to leave your Flareon with low Defense and increase its Speed instead? Just give it that hold item instead. Or you want to run it with Special attacks? Use one that swaps Attack for Defense or Speed (or whatever) instead.

It'd complicate prediction in competitive battling quite a bit - give a Cryogonal the one that swaps Special Defense and Defense, for instance, and that would certainly throw people off (at least momentarily), but aside from that, I don't think it would be an issue. It wouldn't be terribly unbalancing, in part because the stats wouldn't actually change - they'd just rearrange - so a low number would still exist, but would just be on a different stat, and in part because they'd be hold items, so holding one would mean that the pokemon couldn't hold anything else - lefties or life orb or a choice item or whatever.

??
This almost seems like something that'd be super difficult when it came to the coding of the game. Swapping abilities is one thing, because it's rather simple. But switching stats as a whole seems like something that'd be difficult in the coding. However, I don't see anything inherently wrong with this, as pretty much if you're giving up one stat you're crippling yourself in another way as it is. I doubt I'd ever use this, but it's a cool concept.
Old March 10th, 2013 (02:46 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
Seconding this. The Vs. Seeker was by and far the most useful key item in the game, and I was upset they took it out in Gen 5. I guess I can sort of understand with the new experience mechanic that using the Vs. Seeker wouldn't be as effective, but it would still be nice to have back regardless. Made grinding much easier to achieve without having to search endlessly for Audinos.
I never found any great use for it. I actually constantly forgot it was there until I had to do some breeding in Gen 4 and would use it just to stop that one biker that prevents you from going straight up and down cycling road. Other than that it just sat in my pocket.

They can just make trainers rebattleable like they did in B2W2, or include another phone device. The VS seeker was pretty useless either way unless you wanted to just constantly grind through trainers rather than wild Pokemon. Even then it didn't do that much for ya.

Audino grinding > VS seeker grinding Would be nicer if they allowed Chansey and Blissey to appear in the wild too. But VS seeker. No thanks.
Old March 10th, 2013 (03:17 PM).

Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
This almost seems like something that'd be super difficult when it came to the coding of the game. Swapping abilities is one thing, because it's rather simple. But switching stats as a whole seems like something that'd be difficult in the coding. However, I don't see anything inherently wrong with this, as pretty much if you're giving up one stat you're crippling yourself in another way as it is. I doubt I'd ever use this, but it's a cool concept.
There're moves in the game that swap stats already (like Power Swap and Guard Swap, I think), so you could take the coding used for those and go from there.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old March 10th, 2013 (06:43 PM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Arlo:

??
I'd like this a lot. :) In NU especially it could be really useful. Like for Mantine for example, to throw people off. Plus it could also look like a Choice Item and they'd not know until they attack, which is awesome!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links