The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Nature: Relaxed
I hope they introduce a new cloud-based PC. You can store a Pokémon in the cloud and withdraw in any future Pokémon game and vice versa.

Old February 17th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
I hope they introduce a new cloud-based PC. You can store a Pokémon in the cloud and withdraw in any future Pokémon game and vice versa.
What? Can you explain this a bit better? This made little sense to me at all.
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
What? Can you explain this a bit better? This made little sense to me at all.
Think of it like the Dream World. You upload one of your Pokémon online and can interact with it at the Dream World on your physical computer. But instead of the Dream World, it would be a digital PC for storing Pokémon, like the ones in the Pokémon Centers. For example, if the cloud based PC existed during Red and Blue, we could upload our Pokémon from Red and Blue into the PC, and withdraw them in Black 2 or White 2, or any other main series game.

Old February 17th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Think of it like the Dream World. You upload one of your Pokémon online and can interact with it at the Dream World on your physical computer. But instead of the Dream World, it would be a digital PC for storing Pokémon, like the ones in the Pokémon Centers. For example, if the cloud based PC existed during Red and Blue, we could upload our Pokémon from Red and Blue into the PC, and withdraw them in Black 2 or White 2, or any other main series game.
Oh I see what you are saying now...though I think TPC is against that. You used to be able to do this on Stadium and Stadium 2, which became the easiest way to Solo Trade Pokemon from one game to another. This was removed with PokeRanch Wii and PBR as Pokemon put onto them cannot be recalled through a different game. So if you sent everything to PokeRanch Wii and reset your game, you now have Pokemon that cannot be used anymore stuck on the Wii Game. TPC did those two that way on purpose to prevent Solo Trades.

As far as I'm aware, they won't do that with Transfers either. It'll be stuck at 6 at a time and 1 at a time trades between two cartridged games through use of whatever Nintendo Handheld is currently in circulation.
Old February 17th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Hopefully the new Generation will, at least, allow trading multiple Pokémon at the same time. Or even sending a Pokémon from one game to another, without having to trade. That way I wouldn't have to catch hundreds of Patrat, Purloin, etc. for trading.

Old February 17th, 2013, 11:20 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I want to be able to trade a few Pokémon at a time too. I'd save soo much time.
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
This is exactly what I'm hoping for too.
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I do agree the trading system should be revamped to allow multiple Pokemon traded at once. I hate having to catch so many random wild Pokemon I don't need just to trade for something I have on another game, and it's so tedious having to go back to the PC every now and then.
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Starry Windy
Show Your Victory!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I think it might be a great idea to give your Pokemon as a gift instead of just trading, so anybody who don't have any Pokemon to trade could get the Pokemon they want without needing to catch any random Pokemon (except when they want to give their own version-exclusive Pokemon). Also multiple trading system might be cool too.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old February 18th, 2013, 01:08 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I would like it if on your birthday, more characters in-game would say happy birthday. If there is a Pokégear or Xtransciever like item, if some characters called you to wish you a happy birthday.
Old February 18th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I hope they bring in an electric hamster whose specialty will be electroball. It'll run in the ball charging up it's power and then BOOM!

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:21 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
If they wouldn't let us trade multiple Pokemon at once, at least make the process quicker and have us able to skip that slow useless-animation.

Oh, and yes for electric hamster. Make it evolve-able and useful in battle like Azumaril too I hope.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'd like Match Call to return like they had in GSC & RSE. It was really fun having trainers registered into your device and them calling you for a rematch, idk it's those little things that makes the game extra fun i guess.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shengar View Post
If they wouldn't let us trade multiple Pokemon at once, at least make the process quicker and have us able to skip that slow useless-animation.

Oh, and yes for electric hamster. Make it evolve-able and useful in battle like Azumaril too I hope.
The animation is so pretty though.

No, but really, trading can be so tedious these days. Especially for those who want to trade over a handful of Pokémon from one game to the next. Shorter, quicker animations and being able to trade multiple Pokémon at once would be really nice to have at this point. At least three at the same time would be a time saver. Gen V was such a tease at first making us think we could do that, until we found out it was just another unnecessary step in the process.
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Yes! I would be in full support of group trading, I really dislike having to trade each Pokemon individually and go through the motion of sending each of them over to the other game. Each one takes at least a minute so it would definitely speed things up.

Old February 18th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I'd like Match Call to return like they had in GSC & RSE. It was really fun having trainers registered into your device and them calling you for a rematch, idk it's those little things that makes the game extra fun i guess.
Yeah, same here. It was really fun being able to talk to trainers and call them, they even called you to let you know of something, like sharing berries, asking for rematch or letting you know of any Pokémon Swarms.

That is something I wish could return in Pokémon X and Y. Who knows? We might get a decent device that can actually do all of that?. ^^

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
No, just no. I prefer to rematch the gym leaders like how it's done on Platinum, because it makes it easier to level grind your Pokemon rather waiting on specific days and times to rematch them, especially if wild Pokemon on a certain region are extremely underleveled.
Old February 18th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Eh. I'm indifferent about the whole match call stuff, but as long as we get some sort of method to re-match both trainers and gym leaders, that'd be cool. That feature has been missing for around two or three generations and it's kind of agitating. u__u
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:04 AM
zoroarkrules25

I still think something like the match call would be cool to see. That is what i loved about pokemon emerald.
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:06 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
If they bring back Match Call I hope it's more like Emerald's where they call you too, and sometimes you could rematch them more than once a day (I did do many times, very helpful for level grinding). Heck even the E4 called you asking for you to come over for a match, which made me feel like player was more of a champion than later generations since the E4 acknowledged the player as champ outside of the league.
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
If they bring back match call, I would want it to be used with this awesome idea I had:
Route ranks. Meaning their would be a ranking list for each route, and the trainers all have their own spot. You would be able to climb up the ranks, and then become the number 1 trainer of the route. When someone becomes number two after the previous number 1 they can call you for a match to become route trainer number 1. It would add incentive to beat them all, and it would be an awesome way to add some depth to trainer battles.
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

I don't know if these rumors have been posted before, saw them on Serebii. We have to wait until March to know if they're credible or not.

Spoiler:
As skepticism and arguments have devoured the good nature of my last thread, I am starting this thread and putting more one the line. I want someone to screenshot this post for March.

Summary of what I have already revealed:

New region is divided between Northern forests/mountains and southern coasts / plains.
2 new villain teams
Yveltal and Xerneas are based on yatagarasu and shishigami respectively
The 2 legendaries represent North and South
The 3rd "Z" legendary is based on a shachihoko (check other thread for a detailed description)
New eevolution is flying type
Fennekin line = Egyptian
Chespin line = military / soldier
Froakie line = wizard
...and I believe that was all the major stuff I discussed

Now, for my huge show of faith I will give you the other 4 pokemon designs that will be shown in March (already told you the eevee one). AfterI post this, I will probably logout until mid-March (hopefully with new info) when more people will believe me after the reveal.

1. Small dolphin with clown face paint (no clown nose) and a striped hoop around its belly. (summary says it gets 1 evo)
2. A bird that looks very similar to a plover, mostly white body with black stripes, forming something like a hashtag on both sides of the body. Also stripe across eyes. (summary says 2 evos)
3. A fluffball with only small legs and a nose sticking out of it (cannot see eyes). This is the new rodent, but the animal it is based on is neither associated with fluff or Europe. (summary says 1 evo)
4. A small kangaroo with a battery-pouch and two hammer-like hands. Its tail is spiraled (no obvious lightning marks on its body) (summary says 2 evos)

OK, that leaves me with 4 designs unspoilt. See you guys in March!

Source: GameFAQs user, Ultimacanti | http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/65153824
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
I don't know if these rumors have been posted before, saw them on Serebii. We have to wait until March to know if they're credible or not.

Spoiler:
As skepticism and arguments have devoured the good nature of my last thread, I am starting this thread and putting more one the line. I want someone to screenshot this post for March.

Summary of what I have already revealed:

New region is divided between Northern forests/mountains and southern coasts / plains.
2 new villain teams
Yveltal and Xerneas are based on yatagarasu and shishigami respectively
The 2 legendaries represent North and South
The 3rd "Z" legendary is based on a shachihoko (check other thread for a detailed description)
New eevolution is flying type
Fennekin line = Egyptian
Chespin line = military / soldier
Froakie line = wizard
...and I believe that was all the major stuff I discussed

Now, for my huge show of faith I will give you the other 4 pokemon designs that will be shown in March (already told you the eevee one). AfterI post this, I will probably logout until mid-March (hopefully with new info) when more people will believe me after the reveal.

1. Small dolphin with clown face paint (no clown nose) and a striped hoop around its belly. (summary says it gets 1 evo)
2. A bird that looks very similar to a plover, mostly white body with black stripes, forming something like a hashtag on both sides of the body. Also stripe across eyes. (summary says 2 evos)
3. A fluffball with only small legs and a nose sticking out of it (cannot see eyes). This is the new rodent, but the animal it is based on is neither associated with fluff or Europe. (summary says 1 evo)
4. A small kangaroo with a battery-pouch and two hammer-like hands. Its tail is spiraled (no obvious lightning marks on its body) (summary says 2 evos)

OK, that leaves me with 4 designs unspoilt. See you guys in March!

Source: GameFAQs user, Ultimacanti | http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/65153824
Even though there are many rumors flying about, I'm really hoping for this one to be credible! I'd love a Small Dolphin Pokemon and the Starter mythology sounds so awesome. Plover birds are cute too so that would be great, and Sylveon being flying would top it all off tbh.

Old February 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
That guy was debunked in the gamefaqs thread in question, actually tried to prove himself through another rumor, and basically fell flat on his face. In other words, its fake.
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

I assumed for them to be false but nonetheless, they were still pretty neat and creative ideas.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links