The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 18th, 2013 (10:08 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I figured they were fake when I read the pokemon designs. They just don't seem like designs gamefreak would come up with.

In particular the electric Kangaroo with hammer hands screams fakemon.
Old February 18th, 2013 (10:17 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Last time a rumor was sourced from GameFAQs, it was about SSB4 being revealed by Nintendo Direct for January 31st, but that never happened, so how can this rumor regarding XY be true, especially when its claim of Sylveon being a Flying type rather than a new type or Dragon type is a dead giveaway for being a fake.
Old February 18th, 2013 (10:26 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I figured they were fake when I read the pokemon designs. They just don't seem like designs gamefreak would come up with.

In particular the electric Kangaroo with hammer hands screams fakemon.
True, but don't forget this is GF we're talking about here -- they can virtually create any design they want.

Anything.

So, while those rumors from GameFAQs are false, Gamefreak could still create something akin to a Kangaroo having hammer like arms... or something.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 18th, 2013 (10:41 AM).
Antemortem
we're fantastic

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I think the fact that we've been reduced to not being able to disambiguate between a real Pokemon and a Fakemon is scary, as it means GameFreak is also reduced to making things that blur that line even more than it already was. x_x;

I'M WEARING AN AVATAR OF ALL THE HOENN POKEMON
EVERY DAY FOR... HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES ME TO WEAR
EVERY SINGLE HOENN POKEMON. pls feel free to drop avatar
suggestions and stuff on my profile because i value you lovelies. xo
oras ... cm ... final oras team
Old February 18th, 2013 (11:02 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
It is kind of scary, though the recent fakemons we've had still seemed fake in my eyes, yet it was certainly harder to be sure than last generation, especially after the whole final evolution starter debate...

It's best to take everything with a grain of salt until mid next month or until the official site updates.
Old February 18th, 2013 (11:18 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Some of these fakemon are very professional looking and a lot of them can be easily interprited as real.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old February 18th, 2013 (12:20 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
The kangaroo should have boxing glove arms if anything.
Old February 18th, 2013 (03:35 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
I think the fact that we've been reduced to not being able to disambiguate between a real Pokemon and a Fakemon is scary, as it means GameFreak is also reduced to making things that blur that line even more than it already was. x_x;
To be honest, a lot of fakemon are pretty interesting(some are pretty well-designed), so I wouldn't really mind even if the line was completely abolished. I mean, the further we get in generations(as already stated), the more we start to see that line diminish, and the more interesting and the more creative Pokemon start to look. I mean, have you seen Kyurem/Reshiram/Zekrom of all Pokemon? And heck, even Genesect?

Something like those creations would only mean that anything is possible for GF design-wise at this point. Heck, they could stick giant cannons on something like Torterra instead of trees, change it's color palette, and it could basically be the new Blastoise of Gen VI(a pseudo-legend I bet). XD

The unlimited possibilties here is what makes it so exciting in the end, really. Could you imagine Jirachi with wings or something? Albeit not a total rip-off or anything like that, but having it a bit similar isn't too bad. When you're considering that the designers are really approaching 700+ Pokemon, I don't really blame them for borrowing from past ones.
Old February 18th, 2013 (05:44 PM).
Community Supporter

I don't think it's the complexity of the designs that make them hard to distinguish, if so than generation 3 was the start with generations 4 and 5 gaining steam. However I think it's all nostalgia from gen 1 fan boys and girls, perhaps gen 2 and us gen 3, gen 4, and gen 5 fans will be the same one day...hope not.

Personally I wouldn't mind a electric kangaroo with a battery, however I think gloves would fit it better.
Old February 18th, 2013 (06:01 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I think a electric boxing kangaroo with a fighting/electric typing would be cool.
Old February 18th, 2013 (06:13 PM).
Community Supporter

It certainly would, perhaps it could be our new Lucario, having a cute pre evolution. Or they should make it our Kangaskhan Male version, and have it share it's pre evolution with her.
Old February 18th, 2013 (07:04 PM).
Livewire
The Young Wolf

Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
I'd reaaaaaallyy like for those spoilered details to come true. That would be really cool and I love those design ideas.
Old February 18th, 2013 (07:28 PM).
Community Supporter

Sadly (or gladly depending on what one thinks of them) there's a 99.99999999 percent chance they're fake.

Hopefully we'll get more animals this generation and more creative pokemon based inanimate objects (Like gen III's Chimecho and Ralts line, yes the Ralts line is based on an inanimate object) and not two headed Ice cream cones, or broken trash bags...
Old February 18th, 2013 (08:47 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I want lots of scary ghost Pokémon. I still want my rat Pokémon that has ticks that control it's mind. A rat with the plague Pokémon. Ghost/normal anyone?
Old February 18th, 2013 (10:29 PM).
Community Supporter

Hmm, maybe they can make a mind controled ant, after all they too are controled by fungi, it can be Bug/Ghost or Bug/Dark.
Old February 18th, 2013 (11:11 PM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
True, but don't forget this is GF we're talking about here -- they can virtually create any design they want.

Anything.

So, while those rumors from GameFAQs are false, Gamefreak could still create something akin to a Kangaroo having hammer like arms... or something.
Hey, leave Garbodor alone.

He's cool.
Old February 18th, 2013 (11:25 PM).
D Dog master of war
Pokkén Tournament Champion

Nature: Docile
who is wanting a beautiful Grass/Dragon pokemon

I am A fighting Champion!!!

3DS FC: 3652-1583-8114
Old February 18th, 2013 (11:30 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Hmm, maybe they can make a mind controled ant, after all they too are controled by fungi, it can be Bug/Ghost or Bug/Dark.
That would be way to similar to Paras/Parasect.
Old February 19th, 2013 (12:43 AM).
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Even though im pretty sure the rumors are fake, the idea of Fennekin line being inspired wih Egyptian mythology sounds promising. A lot of their Gods have Wolf/Fox like Traits.
Old February 19th, 2013 (02:50 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hm... talking about some rumors that been spread around about a "hammer arm kangaroo" eh? Wouldn't it be nice to see a platypus Pokémon that is a Water/Poison-type? Knowing that male platypus have a stinger next to one of their legs?

Wait! Haven't I already said that ages ago in some other thread? xD

But other than that... I'm kinda getting this feeling that Sylveon is going to be a Fighting-type for some reason. Maybe because I'm picturing Sylveon between Mienfoo and Mienshao, but then when I think about Minccino and Cinccino... it's making me think about the Normal-type since Cinccino has ribbons on it which is quite identical to what Sylveon has. There is some theory as to why I kind of think of the Fighting-type area, 'cause for one... it's mainly based on competing and secondly... something about Sylveon's ribbons kind of make me think about one of those sports where you use streamers and then you're judged on how well you perform. But if there ever is a brand new type, I've also thought up of another new kind of type called "Mystic-type", not to be confused with Psychic type... but then again.. it's too similar, so probably not as good as the hugely speculated Light-type. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 19th, 2013 (03:12 AM).
Synthet

Some fakemon look excellent, it all depends on the effort put into them. I wouln't complain if GF launched a competition where the winner could design a pokemon.
Old February 19th, 2013 (03:19 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthet View Post
Some fakemon look excellent, it all depends on the effort put into them. I wouln't complain if GF launched a competition where the winner could design a pokemon.
I'd like that, I wouldnt enter myself ofc but from the fakemons I've seen, I could imagine that the winners would be a very impressive design.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old February 19th, 2013 (04:38 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dog master of war View Post
I know I certainly do. XD More variety within the dragon-type family would definitely be much appreciated! I know it was certainly a surprise to most people once Kyurem was revealed to be Dragon/Ice, two types that usually pretty much hate each other. What'd be interesting is to see even more awkward type combinations, like Dragon/Poison(though that'd be more weaknesses than necessary. Perhaps this Pokemon should have the levitate ability to get rid of Ground weakness?), and Dragon/Fire, or Dragon/Fighting, things of that nature.

Just generally types that Dragons aren't usually accustomed to being paired to, y'know? I feel that more diversity in typing really kind of makes it interesting, especially out in the competitive battlefield. n__n Then again, I don't want this to apply to just Dragons, but every other type, too! Psychic/Fire(other than Victini, please), Psychic/Ghost(lol 4x Ghost weak, but w/e, it'd probably have like a base 999 special attack and speed given that these are very two powerful offensive types so w/e), Fire/Water, and the list goes on and on, really!
Old February 19th, 2013 (05:11 AM). Edited February 19th, 2013 by shengar.
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
Hammer-arm kangaroo? No no no that is way too silly. We have seen that Gamefreak could give us literally everything even from Generation I (Diglett and Hitmon family in particular, then we have ice cream, cloud, and lamp Pokemon). But they wouldn't come up with something absurd and outlandish like. They shouldn't. Enough with Magmotar and Rhyperior arm cannon. No more weapon in place of arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dog master of war View Post
Serperior should be one, but why Game Freak, why? ;__;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
The animation is so pretty though.

No, but really, trading can be so tedious these days. Especially for those who want to trade over a handful of Pokémon from one game to the next. Shorter, quicker animations and being able to trade multiple Pokémon at once would be really nice to have at this point. At least three at the same time would be a time saver. Gen V was such a tease at first making us think we could do that, until we found out it was just another unnecessary step in the process.
Pretty but it get boring, tedious, repetitive, and unnecessary core in long run, especially if you are in hurry or have to transfer massive numbers of Pokemon from one version to another. GF was such an evil not only because they tease us, but also it make trading process become longer than it should be. Being able to trade directly from Box is such a huge step, and they should do it even further.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old February 19th, 2013 (06:51 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Too bad, because the 3DS's capabilities will allow GF to extend trading's animation even further, as well as move animations and Pokemon animation.

Sponsored Links