The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:59 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Do either of these help with the picture? XD
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:02 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post

Do either of these help with the picture? XD
I guess you may be right Xander. I could definitely seeing Sylveon as a Flying-type.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
That wasn't why I posted those XD

The others above were trying to picture Sylveon flying and I found those the other day on Tumblr XD
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:47 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
The latter seems painful, I gotta admit. XD
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:50 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think it'll be more like Sesshomaru than Tails. Or at least I hope so cause it'll seem weird imo if it were by flapping them like helicopter blades.
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
It definitely doesn't seem to be as painful as the thought of Doduos spinning their necks like a helicopter trying to fly. Oh gosh...

On another note, not sure if anyone brought this up before but, it seems as though more rumors are floating around 4chan based on this article here, Pokémon X And Pokémon Y To Bring Significant Changes To Series? I'm almost 99.9% these are fake, but there are some pretty cool ideas in there. One of the interesting things that stuck out to me is the plot being heavily influence by past and present time travel and how the past affects the present and future. Also, there's some cool new "rumored" items and info on the new Legendary Pokémon.

For something that's likely fake, it's a good read.
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
It definitely doesn't seem to be as painful as the thought of Doduos spinning their necks like a helicopter trying to fly. Oh gosh...

On another note, not sure if anyone brought this up before but, it seems as though more rumors are floating around 4chan based on this article here, Pokémon X And Pokémon Y To Bring Significant Changes To Series? I'm almost 99.9% these are fake, but there are some pretty cool ideas in there. One of the interesting things that stuck out to me is the plot being heavily influence by past and present time travel and how the past affects the present and future. Also, there's some cool new "rumored" items and info on the new Legendary Pokémon.

For something that's likely fake, it's a good read.
Oh yes! It has been on a separate thread(or maybe this one, who knows, really), but yeah! I read all of it and honestly it has some pretty cool things on there, but I think it was kind of BS when I read that there was only going to be 99 new Pokemon or something. >.> I think it should be something probably like, I dunno, 120 or something like that, yeah? I would like for this region to actually be filled with new Pokemon, since we are starting a brand new journey in a brand new generation, after all!
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Forever
let it go

I don't want Jean and Jane so I'm just... simply dismissing them as fake, in a really hopeful way. :(
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Jean and Jane, they sound really plain.

...No I didn't not(totally)intend for that to rhyme. :x
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Well, I know it does sounds fake, but:

Quote:
The rival faction is Team Gear whose members wear purple bodysuits with black clock hands on them; they mess with events in the past that affect the present
I find that quite interesting speculation! I mean, Team Galactic was more involves with space, but this team is involved with time! I find that pretty cool; which could mean that the protagonist could travel through time as well~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
HeartGold and SoulSilver definitely didn't shy away from time travel with the events of Celebi and Giovanni, so I would find it extremely interesting if they incorporated such a thing as a major plotline in the games.
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

If that's true, expect this to be my favorite Pokemon game ever. XD Time travel is such an amazing concept to add to the games, and I'd like to see what it would be like traveling to the past as well as the future! If one thing from that 4chan lean could come true, I'd prefer it to be that over anything else.
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
If that's true, expect this to be my favorite Pokemon game ever. XD Time travel is such an amazing concept to add to the games, and I'd like to see what it would be like traveling to the past as well as the future! If one thing from that 4chan lean could come true, I'd prefer it to be that over anything else.
This is going to be easily my favorite pokemon game as well! I mean, there is just soooo much potential this game can bring! I do like the idea of time travel; would that mean that we can re-visit past events from each of the past gen games? Or maybe just "hints" of them?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Napsy
Tiny Deer

I can't have been the only person to say this; but, What if Sylveon was a gender based pokemon with a 100% female ratio?
And they released a male counterpart?
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Forever
let it go

Well travelling to the past and future could make sense given that B/W were to do with the past and future, so heading back and forward does seem logical for the next games, but I do doubt the entire leak is true given that well, Jane... yeaaah.
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napsy View Post
I can't have been the only person to say this; but, What if Sylveon was a gender based pokemon with a 100% female ratio?
And they released a male counterpart?
Holy ****, you are smart!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Time travel would be great for the gen 6 storyline. A rare pokemon temporarily transports you and your rival sometime into the future, only to find that the region you live in is in ruins, completely overrun by the evil corporation (team rocket for example). You can walk around and talk to the civilians - find out what happened and why everything turned out like this. Maybe you could even defend the poor civilians from team rocket, in pokemon battles of course! After you defeat them they will be all like: "You remind me of that little brat 50 years ago" Or something like that.
Later on you get transported back to your own time, tell everyone the bad news, how everything will be overrun by team rocket. So on and so on.
This would be a plot to a great storyline!

Gen 6.

Last edited by Archeops12354; February 24th, 2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Community Supporter

Those names are still better than Hilda and Hilbert. Though they sound too stereotypical (BW by far didn't go with stereotypical American names), and are from 4 chan so they're vitually 100 percent fake.
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Forever
let it go

Nono Hilda and Hilbert weren't as bad as this :( besides those were unique namings in that they started with the same letter so I don't think it'll reoccur again soon (plz).
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Community Supporter

We got used to Hilda and Hilbert though so even if these were true (unlikely) we'll do the same. Personally I perfer Jane to Hilda.
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Hm... y'know... I'm pretty sure The Pokémon Company would come up with a much more better name than any of the names rumored on 4chan and Hilbert and Hilda.

I would never believe anything from 4chan, really. :x

But apart from that, I'm feeling like that Pokémon X and Y will have sequels and follow the same pattern as Black and White, 'cause I don't think I've ever heard of a "Z" chromosome before, I only know of an X or Y chromosome. They're almost like the Yin Yang of Pokémon Black and White in a way. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM
gold/silverFTW
Ecruteak Champion

Nature: Bold
I don't really like the ideas for the legendaries. What does cards have to do with time? But I do like the time travel idea. Like what if there is a bustling city in the present, and in the past its a tiny village. That would be interesting. I find this very hard to believe though, and if its real, I'd be very disappointed.
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:39 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I would be annoyed if they used Jane.

It would make me think of the King of the Hill episode about the Jane cult too much.
Old February 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
guys! i just got this idea. i was wondering what the legendary dogs were before they died so, well, i did what anyone would do and googled it. i found an old thread from 2009 on some other forum and everyone was arguing about what they were. several of them said it was jolteon, flareon, and vaporeon, 2 thought it was 3 bidoof, but most of them were saying that the story was made so that they could give them some origin forms in heart gold and soul silver. seeing as everyone says X and Y are about genetics, i think this could be a possibility, reviving them like they did with mewtwo, fossils, and genesect. whadaya think?

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 24th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Hm... y'know... I'm pretty sure The Pokémon Company would come up with a much more better name than any of the names rumored on 4chan and Hilbert and Hilda.

I would never believe anything from 4chan, really. :x

But apart from that, I'm feeling like that Pokémon X and Y will have sequels and follow the same pattern as Black and White, 'cause I don't think I've ever heard of a "Z" chromosome before, I only know of an X or Y chromosome. They're almost like the Yin Yang of Pokémon Black and White in a way. xD
Well it's said that GF planned to make a third version to BW but decided to do sequels instead to please Nintendo who were annoyed at the game not being a 3Ds game so they were made to do something beyond the normal third version. So "Grey" was dumped due to executive meddling per say.
Also Google Z and W chromosomes. Even if they were to make sequels I hope it'll be W and Z rather than to give them numbers, it'll seem more original that way.

Sponsored Links