The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Vintage Arachnid
What? Retro Bug is evolving!
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
I don't really like them maybe because I'm not pronouncing them right. Sounds extremely weird. I didn't like Reshiram and Zekrom either at first.

CONGRATULATIONS!
YOUR RETRO BUG EVOLVED INTO VINTAGE ARACHNID!
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Forever
let it go

I really like them both but I prefer Xerneas but I prefer Yveltal as a Pokemon in design ;__; So unfair AREN'T YOU LIFE??
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
As someone mentioned before, it'll be interesting to see what happens with the anime. The time difference will be all muddled up with the worldwide release.
That was me. I was wondering whether they will increase airings to catch up and then air the anime simultaneously in both areas with the worldwide release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I still can't believe that people thought that was real. It was so Farfetch'd. :3
I see what you did there.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 9th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I prefer both Xerenas' name & design so it's looking like X for me.

Old January 9th, 2013, 07:13 AM
hashtag
king cook

Definitely going for X. Xerenas is probably the coolest looking Pokémon (and sounding) Pokémon ever.
The path of the righteous man is beset of all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Forever
let it go

I want X only because I like the letter X. :( But idk, I might have to go for Y if I get too attached to Yveltal.
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I like both of the Legendary Pokémon, because they both resemble animals, but they're quite amazing though.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
I like both of the Legendary Pokémon, because they both resemble animals, but they're quite amazing though.
I agree. It's one of the thing i'm really liking about these. They're different from legendaries of past three gens.They don't look like masters of Space/Time or someone who created a whole region. They just look like really Rare creatures.
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

I think I prefer these two compared to previous generation mascots, maybe not the names as such but the designs compared to Zekrom & Reshiram are much better IMO.

Old January 9th, 2013, 07:31 AM
hashtag
king cook

I don't think everyone should jump to conclusions about the names. Sure they look weird for now but we're hardly going to look at any name and think 'omg that's definitely a Pokémon-like name'. After all, it must be a Pokémon-like name if GameFreak decide it is. :P
The path of the righteous man is beset of all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:34 AM
pokemonmasteraaron
The blind Pokémon Master!

Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
I'll be happy when the types of these legends are known. I also want to know fennekin's evolution type. Tepig really pushe the fire fighting thing if you ask me.
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Xerneas is so much easier to remember.

...and say.

...and spell [for me anyway].

Yveltal, I didn't know how to pronounce that at all until I saw the pronunciation on Serebii. They're just names though, and eventually we get used to them. Except in the case of Gen V, where I still don't remember half the Pokémon from that region.

These have definitely been my favorite pair of mascots for quite a long time now. Probably since Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. I'm just glad we seem to finally be moving on from the Dragon-era of Pokémon mascots. It's about time if you ask me.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

That's true, I can type Xerneas without having to look it up whereas with the other one.. I can't even remember how to spell/pronounce it.

Old January 9th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
So I woke up to find out that the names for the two legendaries have been revealed, and quite honestly.....I'm not quite sure what to say. XD

I think it's between "it's pretty cool n__n" and "holy crap that is one of the weirdest names I've heard like ever."
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
That's true, I can type Xerneas without having to look it up whereas with the other one.. I can't even remember how to spell/pronounce it.
I'm having issues remembering them right now lmao. It'll take time but I'll eventually get used to them. Even if I like the names it'll still be hard for me to remember :x
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Xerneas and Yveltas...I think thats how they're spelled, right? Keep in mind that I'm not scrolling up or anything like that, I like memorizing names and stuff. u_u

Can't wait to see what the rest of the Pokemon are named...
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I can't spell either one of them right now, so it'll just be X and Y for a while until my brain catches up to my excitement.
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Xeninacra
Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Xerneas and Yveltas...I think thats how they're spelled, right? Keep in mind that I'm not scrolling up or anything like that, I like memorizing names and stuff. u_u

Can't wait to see what the rest of the Pokemon are named...
Yveltal*

I'm actually kind of the opposite... I can't remember X's name and, however, Yveltal is easy for me to remember :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I can't spell either one of them right now, so it'll just be X and Y for a while until my brain catches up to my excitement.
Definitely, the best choice xD

Allez, hop!
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeninacra View Post
Yveltal* :P

I'm actually kind of the opposite... I can't remember X's name and, however, Yveltal is easy for me to remember :X
DAMN I THOUGHT I HAD IT RIGHT ;O;
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Esper

These are nice names they came up with. Still not entirely sure what they're supposed to mean though.

And something kind of unrelated, but I wonder if the X and Y Unown will have any special significance in these games.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I highly doubt it D: But it would be interesting if they did play some sort of role. XD
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:56 AM
pokemonmasteraaron
The blind Pokémon Master!

Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
Xernias and Yveltal. Froakie fennekin & Chespin. Is it just me or are these the best Pokémon names for generations? Well, that's my personal opinion. I'm still shellshocked about 6th gen, but I am anticipating it moreso than I've anticipated a Pokémon game for a long while.
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:57 AM
RenegadeShroom
Unhatched Egg

Well, Yveltal at least definitely sounds like it has roots in European languages. I don't think the names are any problem once you realise that the "Y" in Yveltal isn't used in the same way as it's traditionally used in English.

Personally, I hope they go for a more Gen. I & II method with the two, not that I have any particular aversion to what we're now used to with the other three generations, but changing it up a bit every now and then seems good to me.
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Just learned about Xerneas' and Yveltal's names. I can say Xerneas' name fine, but I might need a bit more practice with Yveltal.

Old January 9th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
It's usually the legendary that decides which version I get. I believe I'm going to get Y, because I've taken a liking to Yveltal/Skybacon.

Sponsored Links