The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
This would be my ideal line up;

Gyms
Ground
Normal
Steel
Poison
Psychic
Bug
Dragon
Dark

E4
Grass
Fire
Water
Electric
Flying - Champion

With the Elite Four being primarily based around the Elements, the Gyms in no particular order but something like that would be niice.

Old February 27th, 2013, 01:48 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Maybe the E4 can be Ground, Flying, Water, Fire, and for the Champion will be Psychic (representing the five elements: Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, and Aether).
Old February 27th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Esper

I'd be happy to see an E4 without Ghost-, Fighting- or Dark-types. Those would make for much more interesting gym types. That said, I did like how they made the Gen V E4 all have types that complimented each other and I'd like to see something like that again.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 27th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I'd be happy to see an E4 without Ghost-, Fighting- or Dark-types. Those would make for much more interesting gym types. That said, I did like how they made the Gen V E4 all have types that complimented each other and I'd like to see something like that again.
Totally agreeing with this. XD I think also having types that compliment each other would be nice. ^^;
Old February 27th, 2013, 04:40 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I hope all the gym leaders had another thing they did in life. I liked how the Skyla was also a pilot, Elesa was a model, etc.

...yes the Skyla
Old February 27th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Yet another rumor from 4chan has popped up, and this one contradicts Mr. XY's info. Here's the original texture:

Spoiler:
Quote:
ジムリーダー:
>イチョウ - シルクバッジ (むし)
>ナズナ - テラコッタバッジ (じめん)
>キサゲ - フォーカスバッジ (エスパー)
>サンザ - ハザードバッジ (どく)
>タラゴン - ワイバーンバッジ (ドラゴン)
>レイシ - レムナントバッジ (ゴースト)
>キンマ - プラチナバッジ (はがね)
>コットン - カオスバッジ (あく)

四天王とチャンピオン:
>クモツ (ひこう)
>ガンピ (いわ)
>サイカチ (でんき)
>スミレ (くさ)
>フユガキ (ほのお・こおり)

伝説のポケモン:
>ボルズニル (はがね・ひこう)
>ウィルメグ (ドラゴン・どく)
>ゼルネアス (エスパー・じめん)
>イベルタル (かくとう・ひこう)
>ゼドラシル (ゴースト・くさ)
>ロゼタノン (いわ・エスパー)
>トタイルム (ドラゴン)、イッシュ地方の伝説のオリジナルドラゴン (レシラム+ゼクロム+キュレム)
>ゲノセクトのニューフォルム 「プロトフォルム」 (むし・いわ)、 専用技: 「メガロキャノン」

And here's the translation:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Gym Leader:
> Ginkgo - silk badge (insect)
> Nazuna Terracotta - Badge (ground)
> Scraping - Focus Badge (Esper)
> Thousand - Hazard Badge (Germany)
> Tarragon - Wyvern Badge (Dragon)
> Litchi - Remnant Badge (ghost)
> Betel - Platinum Badge (Steel)
> Cotton - Chaos Badge (evil)

Devas and champion:
> Kumotsu (Let's draw)
> Ganpi (rock)
> Saikachi (electricity)
> Violet (the phrase)
> Fuyugaki (ice, fire)

Legendary Pokemon:
> Boruzuniru (Let's pull-steel)
> U~irumegu (Germany Dragon)
> Zeruneasu (ground Esper)
> Iberutaru (Let's pull-Kakuto)
> Zedorashiru (is lightly Ghost)
> Rozetanon (Esper-rock)
> Original Dragon legendary Totairumu (Dragon), a kind of local (Reshiramu + + Kyuremu Zekuromu)
> New Form "Proto-Form" of Genosekuto (rock-insect), a dedicated technique: "Megalo Cannon"

As a bonus, the rumor also included the starter evolutions:

Spoiler:
Quote:
starter = 御三家、はい? 求めよ然らば与えられん。

>ハリマロン -> ハリマロー -> ハリヤヅツ (くさ・かくとう)
>フォッコ -> フォクスナ -> キツナハラ (ほのお・じめん)
>ケロマツ -> エケロケロ -> ライエルン (みず・でんき)

Translation:
Spoiler:
Quote:
>Harimaron -> Harimaroo -> Hariyazutsu (Grass/Fighting)
>Fokko -> Fokusunara -> Kitsunahara (Fire/Ground)
>Keroman -> Ekerokero -> Raierun (Water/Electric)

This is perhaps the most believable rumor I've ever read, but the inclusion of Genesect's new forme and the original dragon makes it sound suspicious, although they did create Regigigas, who was the golem trio's ring leader depsite the trio being 3rd gen Pokemon.
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Inclusion of Original Dragon makes it fake. If they wanted to do the original Dragon they would have in B2W2. That time has passed.
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Forever
let it go

That kind of brings an interesting point - what if gyms are no longer based on types and instead on nationalities or concepts??
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
What do you mean by that though, Nica? .___. I'm finding a hard time imagining that...
Old February 27th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
That kind of brings an interesting point - what if gyms are no longer based on types and instead on nationalities or concepts??
I don't think Game Freak would stray away from something like how gyms are formatted, especially when it makes sense. How would basing a gym on nationalities work exactly? Like would each nation use it's attributes like exports and things that are seen in a culture's everyday life determine the types it would use?
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Inclusion of Original Dragon makes it fake. If they wanted to do the original Dragon they would have in B2W2. That time has passed.
Not necessary. It's possible they wanted to save the original dragon for the next generation. It's possible the Dragon isn't called Kyurem but something else. Regigigas was added into generation 4 despite it being hinted at in generation 3 in the ruins, and it didn't play much of a role in story. So I see the original dragon should it really appear, show up post game.
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Not necessary. It's possible they wanted to save the original dragon for the next generation. It's possible the Dragon isn't called Kyurem but something else. Regigigas was added into generation 4 despite it being hinted at in generation 3 in the ruins, and it didn't play much of a role in story. So I see the original dragon should it really appear, show up post game.
Where did they hint at Regigigas in Gen 3? All the legends spoke of were those three and how they had to be sealed away because they were too powerful/dangerous. He also isn't a new form in which the Original Dragon would be. The whole point for the Original Dragon would be centered around Unova where it was born seeing as the Dragon was said to have created Unova itself and is why Reshiram and Zekrom are there. They never added new forms to Legendaries outside of the Generation they were introduced.

Seeing as it will have to use Reshiram and Zekrom, its most certainly a form instead of a brand new Pokemon. Unova is done with and so are its legends. All the new stuff would revolve around the new region and new legends. Like with the supposed fused form of Dialga/Palkia which was heavily hinted at in Eterna City. Once that Generation is done, its done.
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Where did they hint at Regigigas in Gen 3? All the legends spoke of were those three and how they had to be sealed away because they were too powerful/dangerous. He also isn't a new form in which the Original Dragon would be. The whole point for the Original Dragon would be centered around Unova where it was born seeing as the Dragon was said to have created Unova itself and is why Reshiram and Zekrom are there. They never added new forms to Legendaries outside of the Generation they were introduced.

Seeing as it will have to use Reshiram and Zekrom, its most certainly a form instead of a brand new Pokemon. Unova is done with and so are its legends. All the new stuff would revolve around the new region and new legends. Like with the supposed fused form of Dialga/Palkia which was heavily hinted at in Eterna City. Once that Generation is done, its done.
As I said in my original post perhaps it's not even Kyurem (that's what I meant by maybe it's not called Kyurem) but something entirely different. Also this could be breaking the mold, as you've said many times GF can do what they want.

As for Regigagas being hinted at, while it's more speculation bulbapedia has a nice reason for why it may be Regigigas that was refered to rather than the Regi trio, "It is believed by some that the "We feared it." section refers to Regigigas, as opposed to Regirock, Regice, and Registeel, as it wouldn't make sense to refer to three Pokémon as an "it"."
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
As I said in my original post perhaps it's not even Kyurem (that's what I meant by maybe it's not called Kyurem) but something entirely different. Also this could be breaking the mold, as you've said many times GF can do what they want.
I didn't mention Kyurem at all either. I only said Reshiram and Zekrom as the original story said both of them were evenly split from the original meaning those two are all that's needed to make the Original one, but that would still be a form, not a new Pokemon. Forms aren't added after the generation is over. Reshiram and Zekrom are about Unova and Unova only.
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
I didn't mention Kyurem at all either. I only said Reshiram and Zekrom as the original story said both of them were evenly split from the original meaning those two are all that's needed to make the Original one, but that would still be a form, not a new Pokemon. Forms aren't added after the generation is over. Reshiram and Zekrom are about Unova and Unova only.
Honestly I'm not sure if it would be a new form though. I realize that you're combining two Pokémon similar to Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B, but it states that it's one original dragon. So what dragon would it be a form of, typing, etc? If it were just to be a new form then I'd agree that it wouldn't be added, but it's possible it could be considered an entirely different dragon.
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Honestly I'm not sure if it would be a new form though. I realize that you're combining two Pokémon similar to Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B, but it states that it's one original dragon. So what dragon would it be a form of, typing, etc? If it were just to be a new form then I'd agree that it wouldn't be added, but it's possible it could be considered an entirely different dragon.
It wouldn't be able to exist in the Pokedex either since it involves a fusion of Reshiram and Zekrom similar to how Kyurem does. If anything B Kyurem and W Kyurem are supposed to take that Dragon's place. Since it involves two Pokemon we already know, already have a method of possible form change, and know Stats can change with form changes. If its a new Pokemon, it wouldn't be associated with the old ones in the same way we know it to. It would have to exist without the two of them fusing and being taken out of the data for the team.

There are too many holes open now to continue with the complete closure to the Unova series games. If they wanted to include the Dragon they would have done so in B2W2, instead we got a fake Kyurem version.

That also boarders on Digimon Territory. While Kyurem opened that controversial can of worms, I don't see Game Freak following up further than that.

Gen 6 is going to focus around Yveltal and Xerneas and who ever if anyone they decide to tag along with those two. Those three will be tied into the Genetics theme unless the Legends don't play an important role with the story like Gens 1 and 2. They hardly ever focus on past legends outside of added relations, but that would still mean that the Original Dragon would have to be treated as a separate being allowing you to collect all of the dragons in one party (which is not possible in Generation 5 as they locked it so that Kyurem forms cannot be traded and you cannot get more than one Kyurem form in one game through use of the Key Item. A small issue that may if not should carry into Gen 6 meaning you still cannot fuse all three Dragons into 1 Dragon using Kyurem's Key Item.)
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
It wouldn't be able to exist in the Pokedex either since it involves a fusion of Reshiram and Zekrom similar to how Kyurem does. If anything B Kyurem and W Kyurem are supposed to take that Dragon's place. Since it involves two Pokemon we already know, already have a method of possible form change, and know Stats can change with form changes. If its a new Pokemon, it wouldn't be associated with the old ones in the same way we know it to. It would have to exist without the two of them fusing and being taken out of the data for the team.

There are too many holes open now to continue with the complete closure to the Unova series games. If they wanted to include the Dragon they would have done so in B2W2, instead we got a fake Kyurem version.

That also boarders on Digimon Territory. While Kyurem opened that controversial can of worms, I don't see Game Freak following up further than that.

Gen 6 is going to focus around Yveltal and Xerneas and who ever if anyone they decide to tag along with those two. Those three will be tied into the Genetics theme unless the Legends don't play an important role with the story like Gens 1 and 2. They hardly ever focus on past legends outside of added relations, but that would still mean that the Original Dragon would have to be treated as a separate being allowing you to collect all of the dragons in one party (which is not possible in Generation 5 as they locked it so that Kyurem forms cannot be traded and you cannot get more than one Kyurem form in one game through use of the Key Item. A small issue that may if not should carry into Gen 6 meaning you still cannot fuse all three Dragons into 1 Dragon using Kyurem's Key Item.)
That'll do it. Part of the flaw with my logic probably has to do with my lack of interest in B2/W2, so how Black and White Kyurem actually functioned wasn't perfectly known for me! However I agree with you in general that Gen 6 shouldn't focus on previous legends, and more than likely won't.
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Community Supporter

They could always make a second fusion device to allow for all three to fuse into a whole new pokemon. It can be the master of the Tao trio (though by fusion) so it could be like the Lugia/Regigigas of the generation, even generations due tend to introduce masters to trios, since the Muskeeter's have Cobalion, and the Kami have an internal master like the Weather trio that would leave the Tao trio as the only available option, unless Kyurem was the master, which I guess is possible.
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
They could always make a second fusion device to allow for all three to fuse into a whole new pokemon. It can be the master of the Tao trio (though by fusion) so it could be like the Lugia/Regigigas of the generation, even generations due tend to introduce masters to trios, since the Muskeeter's have Cobalion, and the Kami have an internal master like the Weather trio that would leave the Tao trio as the only available option, unless Kyurem was the master, which I guess is possible.
It can't be a Master of them if it is them. It wouldn't be anything like Lugia/Regigigas' relationship as the Pokemon its supposed to govern would not exist while it itself exists, minus the possibility of Kyurem. Creating a Second Fusion device would interrupt the older one, meaning if you activate one, you can't get the other unless Kyurem isn't involved, even still its possible they'll code it so that you can't have a Kyurem Form AND a Reshiram/Zekrom fusion.

All that a side, Unova is over, they serve no point in bringing it back up when Unova plays little to no part in the new games. Since the Dragon originates in Unova, and Unova isn't the main area, they wouldn't have any reason to add it in. If they were going to add it in it would have been done during the B2W2 games. Or they would have released a third game set before X and Y.

The Original Dragon doesn't exist anymore and Kyurem's Forms are the supposed replacements even though both are artificial halves to it.
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Yet another rumor from 4chan has popped up, and this one contradicts Mr. XY's info. Here's the original texture:

Spoiler:
Quote:
ジムリーダー:
>イチョウ - シルクバッジ (むし)
>ナズナ - テラコッタバッジ (じめん)
>キサゲ - フォーカスバッジ (エスパー)
>サンザ - ハザードバッジ (どく)
>タラゴン - ワイバーンバッジ (ドラゴン)
>レイシ - レムナントバッジ (ゴースト)
>キンマ - プラチナバッジ (はがね)
>コットン - カオスバッジ (あく)

四天王とチャンピオン:
>クモツ (ひこう)
>ガンピ (いわ)
>サイカチ (でんき)
>スミレ (くさ)
>フユガキ (ほのお・こおり)

伝説のポケモン:
>ボルズニル (はがね・ひこう)
>ウィルメグ (ドラゴン・どく)
>ゼルネアス (エスパー・じめん)
>イベルタル (かくとう・ひこう)
>ゼドラシル (ゴースト・くさ)
>ロゼタノン (いわ・エスパー)
>トタイルム (ドラゴン)、イッシュ地方の伝説のオリジナルドラゴン (レシラム+ゼクロム+キュレム)
>ゲノセクトのニューフォルム 「プロトフォルム」 (むし・いわ)、 専用技: 「メガロキャノン」

And here's the translation:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Gym Leader:
> Ginkgo - silk badge (insect)
> Nazuna Terracotta - Badge (ground)
> Scraping - Focus Badge (Esper)
> Thousand - Hazard Badge (Germany)
> Tarragon - Wyvern Badge (Dragon)
> Litchi - Remnant Badge (ghost)
> Betel - Platinum Badge (Steel)
> Cotton - Chaos Badge (evil)

Devas and champion:
> Kumotsu (Let's draw)
> Ganpi (rock)
> Saikachi (electricity)
> Violet (the phrase)
> Fuyugaki (ice, fire)

Legendary Pokemon:
> Boruzuniru (Let's pull-steel)
> U~irumegu (Germany Dragon)
> Zeruneasu (ground Esper)
> Iberutaru (Let's pull-Kakuto)
> Zedorashiru (is lightly Ghost)
> Rozetanon (Esper-rock)
> Original Dragon legendary Totairumu (Dragon), a kind of local (Reshiramu + + Kyuremu Zekuromu)
> New Form "Proto-Form" of Genosekuto (rock-insect), a dedicated technique: "Megalo Cannon"

As a bonus, the rumor also included the starter evolutions:

Spoiler:
Quote:
starter = 御三家、はい? 求めよ然らば与えられん。

>ハリマロン -> ハリマロー -> ハリヤヅツ (くさ・かくとう)
>フォッコ -> フォクスナ -> キツナハラ (ほのお・じめん)
>ケロマツ -> エケロケロ -> ライエルン (みず・でんき)

Translation:
Spoiler:
Quote:
>Harimaron -> Harimaroo -> Hariyazutsu (Grass/Fighting)
>Fokko -> Fokusunara -> Kitsunahara (Fire/Ground)
>Keroman -> Ekerokero -> Raierun (Water/Electric)

This is perhaps the most believable rumor I've ever read, but the inclusion of Genesect's new forme and the original dragon makes it sound suspicious, although they did create Regigigas, who was the golem trio's ring leader depsite the trio being 3rd gen Pokemon.
Again... I'm not going to believe anything that comes from 4chan, no matter how believable it looks.

'Cause looks are deceiving~

OK, let me take a look at this, hm... a new Genesect forme sounds very unlikely, but a new Pokémon where Genesect was cloned from sounds more of a possibility than a new forme. Like how Mewtwo was cloned from Mew.

Starter evolutions?! Way too early! It isn't even June yet, we still have a long time to go. This proves that it's false. xD

And the new Pokémon mentioned sounds false 'cause of the poor Japanese writing, most likely translated from English into Japanese to make it sound like it's Japanese, and those type of people on 4chan are like "Hey look everyone! I work for Game Freak and I've got new Pokémon information the starters evolutions." xD

And then those type of people on 4chan become the spotlight of attention.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
But Ghetsis got away in the end, which means Unova still hasn't given a proper closure until he's finished with his schemes, just like how they gave Giovanni a proper closure after you defeated him in the Celebi event from HG/SS. So perhaps the Original Dragon's inclusion from that rumor may have to do with his return post-game.
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
What's with 4chan rumours. I don't remember So many of them in the past ? A Sudden interest in Pokemon ?
On Topic, that's another fake. There is no way someone would have That much info.
Old February 28th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Esper

That translation needs a little polishing.

Quote:
Gym Leader:
> Ichou - Silk Badge (Bug)
> Nazuna Terracotta Badge (Ground)
> Kisage - Focus Badge (Psychic)
> Sanza - Hazard Badge (Poison)
> Taragon - Wyvern Badge (Dragon)
> Reishi - Remnant Badge (Ghost)
> Kinma - Platinum Badge (Steel)
> Kotton - Chaos Badge (Dark)

Elite Four and Champion:
> Kumotsu (Flying)
> Ganpi (Rock)
> Saikachi (Electric)
> Sumire (Grass)
> Fuyugaki (Fire, Ice)

Legendary Pokemon:
> Boruzuniru (Steel/Flying)
> Virumegu (Dragon/Poison)
> Zeruneasu (Psychic/Ground)
> Iberutaru (Fighting/Flying)
> Zedorashiru (Ghost/Grass)
> Rozetanon (Rock/Psychic)
> Original Dragon legendary Totairumu (Dragon), Unova's legendary original dragon (Reshiram + Zekrom, + Kyurem)
> New Form of Genesect "Proto Form" (Bug/Rock), Signature move: "Megalo Cannon"

>Harimaron -> Harimarou -> Hariyazutsu (Grass/Fighting)
>Fokko -> Fokusuna -> Kitsunahara (Fire/Ground)
>Keromatsu -> Ekerokero -> Raierun (Water/Electric)
The Japanese looks plausible to me. The character names all seem to have the expected associations with their types (Ichou has 'chou' in it, which means butterfly, etc.) and seem to be the names of plants, though I'd have to do a bit of checking on all of them to be more certain.

The Pokemon names also seem plausible enough. If it's fake, it's not a bad fake. I'd say that this was certainly made by someone with at least a decent understanding of Japanese if not someone actually Japanese.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Sean
I live where the sky ends
Community Supporter

I can't tell the gender whatsoever with those rumour names.

Although, this game I want a female champion for once again, Cynthia was pretty awesome.
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
But Ghetsis got away in the end, which means Unova still hasn't given a proper closure until he's finished with his schemes, just like how they gave Giovanni a proper closure after you defeated him in the Celebi event from HG/SS. So perhaps the Original Dragon's inclusion from that rumor may have to do with his return post-game.
All of the bad guys get away without proper closure. None of them have ever been captured and the Giovanni thing doesn't happen in the original games and is a side story that isn't considered Canon since you need to participate in an event to activate it.

As far as the games are concerned though, all of them have been closed when the bad guys were thwarted.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links