The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:36 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7

Advertise here
I hope the include a dark gym. I'll be annoyed if they don't.
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Chesu
Boss Carrot

Nature: Relaxed
I don't see why all of the fanart of Froakie evolutions have some kind of mustache.
Froakie doesn't have a mustache, it has spectacles made of bubbles!
It also has hair and a cravat made of bubbles. In fact...

C'mon, I can't be the only one who sees this!

Updated 11/07/10.
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I agree with you Chesu, when I saw Froakie I instantly thought of a 1700's librarian or composer or something. Although I have no clue how Gamefreak would be able to continue the glasses theme for the evolutions without it staying pretty much the same. (so that's why I'm guessing it's a mustache)

If they are spectacles, the evolutions will be REALLY interesting!
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
All of the bad guys get away without proper closure. None of them have ever been captured and the Giovanni thing doesn't happen in the original games and is a side story that isn't considered Canon since you need to participate in an event to activate it.

As far as the games are concerned though, all of them have been closed when the bad guys were thwarted.
Wouldn't the original games be marked as non-canon because of the remakes?

Also, Maxie and Archie gave up their evil deeds after you stopped Kyogre and Groudon and become part of the good guys, and Cyrus is forever trapped in the distortion world with no way to escape to the real world (a fitting end for pretty much any villain who is that insane). Ghetsis, on the other hand, got away with everything because of the Shadow Triad, which caused speculations for BW3 (from BMGF that is). I've seen some people wanting him return, so he could get the proper punishment he deserved.

Quote:
I agree with you Chesu, when I saw Froakie I instantly thought of a 1700's librarian or composer or something. Although I have no clue how Gamefreak would be able to continue the glasses theme for the evolutions without it staying pretty much the same. (so that's why I'm guessing it's a mustache)

If they are spectacles, the evolutions will be REALLY interesting!
Well according to thr Japanese rumor regrding Froakie's Water/Electric typing, he's suppose to be based off of Benjamin Franklin.
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Wouldn't the original games be marked as non-canon because of the remakes?

Also, Maxie and Archie gave up their evil deeds after you stopped Kyogre and Groudon and become part of the good guys, and Cyrus is forever trapped in the distortion world with no way to escape to the real world (a fitting end for pretty much any villain who is that insane). Ghetsis, on the other hand, got away with everything because of the Shadow Triad, which caused speculations for BW3 (from BMGF that is). I've seen some people wanting him return, so he could get the proper punishment he deserved.
No Remakes would be Non-Canon/Alternate reality as they usually change some aspects to contradict
originals. Original versions are always Canon and trump any remakes seeing as they are the original story.

Archie and Maxie: They acknowledge that what they did was wrong and "Say" they are turning themselves in, but there is no proof that they do. Its just suspected that they went to jail. There is no proof that Cyrus was left in the Distortion World in Platinum, he also was not in the Distortion world in the original set of games so according to the originals for Gen 4, Cyrus is still at large. Ghetsis gave up when Kyurem was defeated and was forced to run away by the Shadow Triad after he himself lost.

A few quotes of Maxie and Archie when they release their Super Ancient Pokemon.

Archie in Ruby:
"Do you understand now, Maxie? Do you finally see how disastrous your dream turned out to be? We have to hurry! We have to do something before the situation goes completely out of control! <player>... We, Team Aqua, had been pursuing Team Magma to prevent this from happening. You've been very helpful, but I fear the worst has happened... It's gone too far for a child like you to manage... Leave things to us, and get out of here while you still can! This defies belief... A super-ancient Pokémon... Its power is unbelievable. It has upset the balance of nature..."

Plays the good guy role and tries to make Maxie see the error of his ways and goes off to try to stop what happened. Nothing is shown of his afterwards, though in Ruby Team Aqua were Anti-Heros as they were bad guys fighting to thwarts the evil deeds that threatened the balance already there through their own means which usually broke the law.

Archie in Sapphire:
"What happened... What is this wretched scene... Did I... make a horrible mistake? I... I only wanted..."

Emotional break down after seeing Kyogre lose control. Nothing after that.

Archie in Emerald:
"Kyogre and Groudon both flew off to who knows where. The weather in Hoenn has returned to its normal state... Haha... Hahaha... Maybe what we were trying to do was something small, even meaningless, to Pokémon..."

Realized that what he was doing seemed meaningless. Doesn't say that they'd stop or that they'd give up.

Maxie uses the same lines up to Emerald:
"So the super-ancient Pokémon weren't only Groudon and Kyogre... After all our frantic scheming and fruitless efforts, that one Pokémon's simple action puts everything right again as if nothing had happened... Fu... Fuhahaha..."

He's talking about how Rayquaza undid all their work.

Either way neither of them apparently turned themselves in like I thought. Maxie can still be found on Mt. Pyre and all he says is the players name. They disband like all evil teams do, but both are still at large.

Cyrus from Pearl/Diamond:
"What is truly ultimate to you? What do you consider perfection? The most important thing... What shines the brightest... Telling you is meaningless. But I will not give up. I will become a deity one day... And I will make the ultimate mine..."

He didn't give up and disappears with Mars and them. Still hell bent on creating his perfect world.

In Platinum:
"Silence! Enough of your blathering! That's how you justify spirit as something worthwhile?! That is merely humans hoping, deluding themselves that they are happy and safe! The emotions roiling inside me... Rage, hatred, frustration... These ugly emotions arise because of my own incomplete spirit! ...Enough. We will never see eye to eye. This, I promise you. I will break the secrets of the world. With that knowledge, I will create my own complete and perfect world. One day, you will awaken to a world of my creation. A world without spirit."

Again he continues with his attempt to recreate the world. Doesn't really say he was trapped in the distortion world, especially since he leaves the area before Cynthia comes back to take you home. Cyrus could have easily left before you or found another way out like the ruins where you find Giratina in D/P.

Giovanni's based on HG/SS shows that he had every intention of recreating Team Rocket. When the player foils him, he throws a fit of rage before leaving. While he may have gone off to train more, very little is said about what he planned for the future. He didn't take the defeat very well though. Similar to Ghetsis' rage at being beaten by children twice. The possibility of Cyrus, Ghetsis, and Giovanni still being obsessed with their respective teams is very high. Maxie and Archie, as stated before in the Remake thread, can find alternate reasons for starting their plans back up with more secure means of controlling the super ancient legends.

Since none of the leaders were effectively arrested, they are still free to roam around and build bigger and better plans for world conquest.

All of them were still left open with unanswered questions, and at the same time the effective stories were closed upon climax for each respective games.

Kinda wouldn't be too surprised in two of the hell bent ones make a return with the new bad guys in X and Y. Seems perfect for Ghetsis and Giovanni since both of them dealt in genetic manipulation of specific legendaries. Cyrus wouldn't fit as well, but there is always the chance that he can recreate a new world using the new legends. Though I personally doubt any of them will make a come back, the thought is still there.

Water/Electric Froakie..........Interesting, though he'll most undoubtedly lose the Benjamin look in his second stage. Still personally hope for Water/Flying.
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:43 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I can see Cyrus, Giovanni (wait since the originals are the canon ones it would mean he gave up...or simply vanished forever), and Ghetsis returning but not Archie and Maxie. Specially considering Galactic, and Rocket were mentioned by Plasma but not Aqua and Magma. Also the best proof they did give up is that they returned the stolen orb (in RS), they could've kept it, and simply have said sorry, bye.

Anyways I think it'll be best if we had another original team rather than a league of past villains, as Ghetsis returning would make it seem like the orignal dragon should appear (as his presence could symbolize them completion of Unova's legend which Plasma always aimmed after) and if it didn't but he did it'll seem odd tbh.
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:18 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesu View Post
I don't see why all of the fanart of Froakie evolutions have some kind of mustache.

I sort of agree with you and sort of don't. I think the beard looking thing might have something to do with it.
Old February 28th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Chesu
Boss Carrot

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I sort of agree with you and sort of don't. I think the beard looking thing might have something to do with it.
It's a cravat... A cravat!

Updated 11/07/10.
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:06 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
It's a cravat... A cravat!
Sorry I couldn't help but think.
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Some trivia here on Benjamin, he loved Paris, and was Us Ambassador to France.

Chespin makes me think of a royal with it's grass like crown (I see it as a crown).
Old February 28th, 2013, 11:41 PM
porkiewpyne
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Sorry I couldn't help but think.
As he once said, "This is DISGUSTING....

Disgustingly GOOD!" LOL
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:05 AM
Forever
let it go

I... don't think he really looks like Froakie. :x I mean I get the whole old guy or girl with glasses but him? Other than the wrinkles I don't find much similar lmao.
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:19 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I... don't think he really looks like Froakie. :x I mean I get the whole old guy or girl with glasses but him? Other than the wrinkles I don't find much similar lmao.
Two things Nica.
1. That's Matt Preston
2. I was just talking about the cravat idea.
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:10 AM
Forever
let it go

Ya I knew him D<

But I get that part, sorry I was back on the glasses. XD; Maybe Froakie was a politician/judge in a past life because it also looks like that. :x
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:15 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:

I hate you, because now I can't unsee it. D:
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:21 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

The resemblence is quite fascinating, actually. @___@

Who would've thought that the 'nose' was based on glasses... :x

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:43 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Well if Froakie has something to do with Benjamin Franklin, it could become part electric type. After all Empoleon was sort of like Napoleon.
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:51 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I honestly think that, if GF ever noticed this kind of stuff, they'll probably be like "well damn, even we didn't know this LOL", which isn't a huge indicator of it's type. :(
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:55 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I.. have a mini topic if you guys don't mind; do you have any plans for your in-game team? I mean, starter wise, type wise, and any other aspects? Like, say, do you plan on only using pokemon from this generation, or would you use pokemon from the past generations?

I plan on only use pokemon from this generation, but, I'd still like to use some of my favorites from the past generations of pokemon! That is, assuming that they will have past pokemon.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:01 AM
Community Supporter

It's confirmed they'll have older Pokémon return (see trailer). I plan to use a mix, in Unova I had to use all old Pokémon and found myself wanting a classical Pokémon at times.
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:04 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
It's confirmed they'll have older Pokémon return (see trailer). I plan to use a mix, in Unova I had to use all old Pokémon and found myself wanting a classical Pokémon at times.
Technically it's not. They could of just used past generation of pokemon for the purposes of th game play trailer. But, maybe they will.

I think I'll use about 1 or 2 pokemon from the past gen. if they have them, but, I guess it depends on the new pokemon revealed.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:16 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

For my first playthrough, I'm mostly going to use the newer Pokemon, since it's a new generation and all. Though I will use an older Pokemon if there's one that I really want to use and it's available. Starters and types depend on information that hasn't been revealed yet, like what the starters will evolve into and what the type distribution is.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old March 1st, 2013, 11:16 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I would like to have a mixed team of Pokemon from this generation and last generation, though it feels like we've been in Unova for quite too long(don't kill me, Nica), so I'm slightly leaning towards using more Pokemon from this generation, really.
Old March 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Technically it's not. They could of just used past generation of pokemon for the purposes of th game play trailer. But, maybe they will.

I think I'll use about 1 or 2 pokemon from the past gen. if they have them, but, I guess it depends on the new pokemon revealed.
That's possible, however we also know that Eevee will be here and likely the other eeveelutions since Sylveon is here (unless they do it post game, and leave it out of the dex like in DP).
Old March 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
That's possible, however we also know that Eevee will be here and likely the other eeveelutions since Sylveon is here (unless they do it post game, and leave it out of the dex like in DP).
That was really annoying and I hope then don't do it again. You should be able to use all the new Pokémon on your in-game team.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here