The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn

Advertise here
I doubt Sylveon will be a post-dex Pokemon, this is a new Pokemon introduced in Gen VI therefore it only makes sense to include it into the regional dex along with the other Eeveelutions.

Old March 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I doubt Sylveon will be a post-dex Pokemon, this is a new Pokemon introduced in Gen VI therefore it only makes sense to include it into the regional dex along with the other Eeveelutions.
Gen 4 did that. The very bottom of the Pokedex where its pretty much all evolutions to older Pokemon...none of them were in the regional Pokedex until Platinum meaning for the beginning of Generation 4, there were Sinnoh Pokemon that could not be attained until you beaten the game.

Everything on this list wasn't in Diamond and Pearl. And there are a lot of evolutions on that list.

Its a possibility that they do that again, there's the possibility that they won't.
Old March 1st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I really hope they don't do that again like in Diamond and Pearl. I like to think that making Platinum was their way of saying, "Wow you guys, that was really dumb. Let's never do that again." All new Pokémon, excluding some legendaries saved for post-game, should be made available in the Regional Dex in my opinion.
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:26 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I agree. I think it would be irritating not to be able to use certain new Pokémon in your playthough without trading, which would (with help from another person), make using said Pokémon in your first playthough impossible.
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:30 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Yeah I agree.. would you guys trade for past-gen pokemon in these games?
I probably wouldn't, seeing as though it'd be too much of a hassle just to use a favourite of mine, imo. @__@

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 1st, 2013, 03:52 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well at first no (considering we'll be getting a WWR most people proably won't be done until two days at the least so it'll be difficult to get any from our old games), but later on yeah (proably post game) for older Pokémon not in the dex.

I hope trading is made less of a hassle this time, Gen 5 took a step in the right direction by allowing us to trade Pokémon within our pc thus we didn't need to constantly withdraw when doing big scale trades.
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:10 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Trading doesn't really matter to me much; the only reason I would ever trade is to get certain Pokemon from SoulSilver, and even then that was Gen IV, so I hope that there's some sort of migration mechanism in this generation this time around, though chances are that's pretty likely since they usually have one every generation if players wanted to transfer Pokemon.
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:43 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

I usually trade a lot so I can obtain version exclusives. One of the two versions I'm playing is my "main version" and I catch any version exclusives from the other version for trading over so I can get them in my Pokedex. I sometimes even do resets on the other game so I can trade over the two starters I didn't choose. I always had to trade Snivy and Tepig over to my 5th Gen games since Oshawott is the only starter I use in a serious playthrough (he is my mascot, duh!).

I secretly store my brother's old DS Lite that I use specifically for trading Pokemon. As for trading a Pokemon I want that's not in the regional dex? Nope, even though I do like my signature Oshawott I do love all the new starters anyway, they are just so cute! (And nope, Froakie is not ugly)

Also, I am hoping a transfer-from-previous-gen feature is implemented again.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:57 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
If anything I'd love for there to be in-game trades along the way to support some of the older Pokémon to come into this region, but if that doesn't happen some sort of Pal Park or other transfer method would be awesome.
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:03 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Hm, I can see that in-game trading for past gen pokemon would happen more in the post game than in the main game plot, but, yeah, it'd be nice to see! I just hope that the transfer system won't be like BW/B2W2's, tbh. I mean, I really didn't think that minigame was necessary. =(

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:39 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Hm, I can see that in-game trading for past gen pokemon would happen more in the post game than in the main game plot, but, yeah, it'd be nice to see! I just hope that the transfer system won't be like BW/B2W2's, tbh. I mean, I really didn't think that minigame was necessary. =(
Yeah, I was sorta disappointed by that minigame in 5th Gen's Poke Transfer. I want something more like 4th Gen's Pal Park, which has no need for an annoying minigame.

As for in-game trades, I'd like to see some more useful ones. I don't want crappy ones like D/P/Pt's. I do want some easy Pokemon requisites like in 5th Gen.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:33 AM
Forever
let it go

Yes I hated PokeTransfer at first too :( I got used to it after a while but I'd like to avoid it - I just want a really simple way!
Old March 2nd, 2013, 07:03 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Do you guys think that this generation would make it possible to trade more than one Pokemon at once? I'm not a huge trader by any means, but I think it would be really useful for those who are. It'd save a whole bunch of time/effort. x_x
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Do you guys think that this generation would make it possible to trade more than one Pokemon at once? I'm not a huge trader by any means, but I think it would be really useful for those who are. It'd save a whole bunch of time/effort. x_x
I would absolutely love this feature to be put in place. With the ability to offer up three Pokémon at a time in Gen V I was expecting big things from the new trading system, but after noticing you could only trade one at a time it was a huge let down. It'd be great for offering some much more interesting/worth while trades and just generally for swapping Pokémon between games. I'd love to see this feature!
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:09 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Yeah, BW kid of trolled us with that trading shenanigan. @__@ I really hope X&Y will at least let us trade 3 pokemon at once, at least. Or you know, if they won't implement that, at least a faster way to trade pokemon in general. I mean, at least a way to skip over that whole trading cutscene.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:22 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

If they could finally implement trading more than one Pokémon at once it'd be great, as it's so tedious as it is right now, especially since trades take forever to complete =/
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:46 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Though I'd share an interesting new topic as well:

Throughout the generations, we've seen legendary Pokemon fight for many reasons. Mew and Mewtwo from Gen I, Kyogre and Groudon in Gen III, Palkia and Dialga as well as Giratina in Gen IV, and finally, Reshiram and Zekrom in Gen V. These were all according to their respective genres: weather, space-time, Ying/Yang. With this generation heavily speculated to be about genetics(with some pretty strong evidence behind it), what do you think would be the main cause of conflict between Yveltal and Xerneas? I'm just finding a hard-time finding out what legendary Pokemon could fight about regarding genetics, unless there's something I'm missing here.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:53 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Hmm it is an interesting point you've brought up, I can only take a stab in the dark and say that they'd be fighting over perhaps some glorious item that could make a perfect duplicate of themselves with the same DNA, appearance, everything? It sounds a little silly I must admit, but anything could be possible. I honestly don't know what else relating to genetics they'd be fighting over, but I'm taking a guess it might have something to do with wanting to create multiple versions of themselves from extracts of DNA for whatever reason. Anyone else have any thoughts? :D
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:09 PM
Scarecr0wFixatioN

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecr0wFixatioN
I'm thinking that the possible genetics theme will only relate to the villainous team(s) and new game mechanics, and the two legendary's will be feuding over something like. . . I'm thinking it'll be similar to when Groudon controlled the land, and Kyogre the seas. Maybe Xerneas will connect to the land and forests and such while Yveltal takes the sky, then the inevitable Z legendary will be in the depths or something.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:11 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:

Throughout the generations, we've seen legendary Pokemon fight for many reasons. Mew and Mewtwo from Gen I, Kyogre and Groudon in Gen III, Palkia and Dialga as well as Giratina in Gen IV, and finally, Reshiram and Zekrom in Gen V. These were all according to their respective genres: weather, space-time, Ying/Yang. With this generation heavily speculated to be about genetics(with some pretty strong evidence behind it), what do you think would be the main cause of conflict between Yveltal and Xerneas? I'm just finding a hard-time finding out what legendary Pokemon could fight about regarding genetics, unless there's something I'm missing here.
Uh most of those examples are from the anime, thus far only Groudon-Kyogre, and Reshiram-Zekrom have fought in game and the second was more due to their trainers (N and the player) than their own will. However seeing another rivalry between legends would be nice... maybe they're fighting to see who is superior (survival of the fittess?)
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:30 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

If it's a genetics theme (which I'm all for), it kinda seems similar to the Mew/Mewtwo fight for who is superior from the first movie. Of course, this technically hasn't happened in game yet so I guess it's still a viable concept. Otherwise I have no idea how they would include a rivalry like that, but I'm definitely all for it!
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:34 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Hmm I suppose it is sort of like Mew and Mewtwo. Generally I have no idea how genetics could come into play, but I'm guessing it's something along the lines of what Jake said :3, to see who is superior and the champion between them.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:47 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I think it would be boring if the legendaries were just fighting to see who was superior. It just seems lame and childish. If they're going to fight it should be for a better reason.

I don't want them to fight, I'd rather they were more like Ho-oh and Lugia.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 05:52 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:

Hm, well, in another thread I made, I talked about the possibility of good and evil. Well, eh, bare with me, just to bounce some ideas, but take a look at a theory that I've seen that people are making about Xerneas & Yveltal. Could they represent good and evil? If you've looked at a previous thread I made, Scientific Waves, it talks about how there maaaay be possibilities that Xerneas can represent light. Yuveltal may represent darkness, and the whole light vs darkness can be portrayed as symbols; Xerneas can represent light, which can represent Purity, Order, Safety, Righteousness and possibly Dictatorship, while Yveltal, can represent darkness, which is represented by Uncertainty, Tragedy, Freedom, Alienation, and Blindness.

Well, of course, the problem with this is it's understandable that pokemon can't be 'truly' evil, but only simply follow the commands of their trainers - who can be good or bad trainers, depending on what decision making they do. However, what if the world in pokemon can manifest a willpower that would not appeal to ethical tastes?

Of course, since gen 3 all box starters have been rivals somehow, continents (embodied by a red and black scary pokemon) vs oceans, time vs space, truth vs ideals. But it's only been like that since 3rd gen, what if, for instance, Xerneas were the protector of the land or whatever, got captured by evil team Baguette, then FORCED to do whatever evil shenanigans they have in mind in order to take all the cheese in the region for themselves (Just trying to be funny here, I'm sure you know what i'm talking about) and we have to ask for the help of Yveltal in order to rescue it? Fight against Mind Controled Xerneas using Yveltal (without having catched it) and beating the unwilling to do harm mind controlled Xerneas because of "the bond we build fighting alongside pokemon as friends" then the one we're supposed to catch giving us some key item in order to go to X place in the game, use it, then capture said legendary?

Also in another flow of ideas, what if there is not a single sequel but two like BW2?, I didn't follow pokemon BW speculation thread, since I was very busy at the time and didn't have time for pokemon, but I think I could bet that every single person said sequel to BW would be Grey, so how about not Pokemon Z but two sequels, maybe one giving Xerneas a flying form and the other giving Yveltal a ground form, made by some evil Team Baguette scientist in order to break balance in the world and we have to seek Whatever third legendary they place in here in order to reverse said changes?

Eh... yeah, this is a stretch but a man can dream.*sigh*.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; March 4th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
Relith
Togepi

Nature: Calm
My theory for why the next legendaries will fight:

One team (X) creates a pokemon to take over the region, while another team (Y) does the same and they collide with their modified powers in which the player will have to interfere and stop the madness.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here