The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Aura Vitae
Down, Sword Hand!

Nature: Quiet
Female only for Sylveon? Seems kind of odd considering Eevee's gender ratio but whatever. If this is real though I wouldn't mind it at all because the bit about the movie sounds interesting and doesn't seem to betray what was shown in the trailer for the movie. That Wobbuffet alternate sounds interesting.

Pokemon X FC 3368-1319-2305
Old March 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I want a Torkoal evolution a lot. Especially so I can use Evoilite Torkoal.
Old March 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Yamiidenryuu

That was already proven false by the new movie info we just got yesterday. The movie's location is "New Tork" rather than Neodoll, and Mewtwo does not seem to have amnesia. So it's unlikely that the rest of it is true.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old March 7th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiidenryuu View Post
That was already proven false by the new movie info we just got yesterday. The movie's location is "New Tork" rather than Neodoll, and Mewtwo does not seem to have amnesia. So it's unlikely that the rest of it is true.
Two things that are possible with that:
  1. Translation isn't perfect, so it's still a possibility
  2. You're right and it's false

It's more than likely the latter, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a Torkoal evolution =x

Old March 7th, 2013, 03:41 PM
zoroarkrules25

Here is what serebii said about it: Thanks to Adamant, we have some translations of the plot. While most was known beforehand, we do have a bit more in regards to Mewtwo. In it, Mewtwo has an extistential crisis thinking "These Pokemon were not meant to exist in this world... just like me". Sableye is also a mysterious Pokémon that lives in the Pokémon Hills where it befriends Ash & Co. The sableye could appear before then though so the pokemon might be fake but not the anime part.
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Hm, so, CoroCoro leaks will be sometime next week or so, right? Well, the 10th is this Sunday, which... from then onwards we can expect a leak? Well, whenever it comes, here's hoping for new info, along side info about Sylveon? ^^

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
But Torkoal's base stats prevents it from getting another evolution, unless they're pulling a Electabuzz/Magmar/Rhydon/Magnezone/Scyther/Porygon2 on it, and Tauros pre-evo not capable of evolving into Miltank also debunks this rumor as fake.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old March 7th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

The rumors were proven false with the new movie trailer release.

I personally would take any rumors like this false for now. Also remember we could get fake scans over the next few days, last month, the magazine was leaked the 11th-12th.

I expect some Sylveon info, hopefully it's type,and more movie info. I dont know whether or not to expect any Pokemon reveals but probably few if so.
Old March 7th, 2013, 05:30 PM
vaporeon7

The name 'New Tork' makes me cringe.
Old March 7th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
The name 'New Tork' makes me cringe.
Be thankful it's likely just another anime exclusive area.

Driving this back towards X and Y, we can probably expect CoroCoro leaks as early as Sunday night. I'm betting on around Monday or Tuesday night though, which is the 11th and 12th respectively. I'm surprised there hasn't been any fake scans surfacing these past few days. I guess there's still time yet.

I am curious to know what they'll reveal though, if it'll be just more info on Sylveon like mentioned last month or anything more. I'm really hoping we get a region name, some new screenshots, and the protagonist artwork. I feel like that's asking for a bit much though, given how slowly they've been with releasing news the past two months.
Old March 7th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Khrysta

I don't remember anything saying officially Sylveon would be revealed more in the next Issue of Coro Coro. I asked some people to show me where that was and none have ever shown me.

As far as what I think, if we don't get more game update, as in some new minor stuff, like maybe new toys to play with or some small insignificant Pokemon, I don't expect anything other than Movie news.
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Forever

Well when we've had barely anything for two months you'd expect at least something interesting about the games, soooo hopefully there isn't too much small useless information!

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Honestly the only major thing I'd really expect them to give us is Sylveon's type, seeing as they revealed it last time. They'll probably just keep stringing us along though =/

Old March 7th, 2013, 06:09 PM
vaporeon7

They probably only reveal movie merchandise. Like stuff for Genesect, Sableye, Pikachu, Axew... etc and one or two mystery ones. Which might be new Pokémon.
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I don't remember anything saying officially Sylveon would be revealed more in the next Issue of Coro Coro. I asked some people to show me where that was and none have ever shown me.
Only real source I have is from Serebii's main page:

Quote:
[...] No further details were given about this Pokémon (referring to Sylveon), but CoroCoro said that more secrets will be revealed about it next month.
Take from that what you may. It could be wrong, definitely a possibility there, but Serebii usually has a good rep in putting up official news. Either way, whether its got some juicy new details on X&Y, just more info on Sylveon, or merely nothing at all, we'll likely see what we get in just a few days time.

Last edited by Guy; March 7th, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

I guess I can wait another month to hear more about Sylveon =P Now I'm just more curious about what will be revealed this issue. Maybe more about the starters evolutions?

Old March 7th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I dont expect to see starter evos until closer to release, I really dont think it will be this early.

Watch them not reveal Sylveon's type and keep hyping it -_-
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
I dont expect to see starter evos until closer to release, I really dont think it will be this early.

Watch them not reveal Sylveon's type and keep hyping it
I don't expect Sylveon's type to be revealed until July for the Movie. Since it may be a potential spoiler.
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:20 PM
vaporeon7

Neither do I, at least it allows for more speculation.
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Honestly there isn't much left to speculate on. I feel like we're beating a dead horse at this point and I just want it revealed! Unless someone else just pulls some crazy theory out of their butt what else is really left?

Old March 7th, 2013, 07:44 PM
vaporeon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Honestly there isn't much left to speculate on. I feel like we're beating a dead horse at this point and I just want it revealed! Unless someone else just pulls some crazy theory out of their butt what else is really left?
If they unveiled the type, at least move move and ability speculation would happen.
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
If they unveiled the type, at least move move and ability speculation would happen.
It would help if I read your post right and realized you meant more speculation if they released the type. My bad =x In that you are certainly correct! I look forward to speculating upon those things!

Old March 7th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

Dont forget speculation on Sylveon's evolution method, there'd be that as well as moves/abilities and such for Sylveon, even if it's type is revealed.
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
Dont forget speculation on Sylveon's evolution method, there'd be that as well as moves/abilities and such for Sylveon, even if it's type is revealed.
If anything, I kind of expect that to be released along with it's typing. The two just seem to go hand-in-hand to me.

Old March 7th, 2013, 08:19 PM
vaporeon7

Right now it's too hard to speculate moves. I wouldn't be too surprised if it had the ability Serene Grace. It just looks it.

Sponsored Links