The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Random question: Do you guys think we'll have more varied landscapes, instead of it depending on seasons like Unova? Outside of maybe Twist Mountain, Unova wasn't really that varied of a reason when it came to landscape. Sinnoh had all of the northern routes covered in snow, as well with some more varied landscapes in general. I'd just love to see some more variance with this game, especially with the 3D.
I just wanted to ask this question again (as a way to stray away from going back onto a Sylveon discussion which is better saved for it's own thread =P)
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:42 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Sylveon's not even going to be in the main movie (as far as we know), only a short, which doesn't seem like something worth keeping it's type hidden for five months after it's announcement.
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:46 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think we'll get a varied landscape like Hoenn. Or at least I hope we do.
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I have to agree, Hoenn was pretty much the pinnacle of varied. It had desert, a volcano, regular areas, and a large ocean area. Honestly I'd just love to see something like that.
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Forever
let it go

I want it like Unova. Sure Unova lacks stuff but Unova was a great region and if this is similar landscape-wise to Unova I will like it very much n_n
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
The trailer showed a forest, some grassy fields, and a large canyon. It seems as if there will be some variation. I hope they bring back snow, as in Snowpoint City style.

avatar soure | Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: BUG // ROCK
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Tauros pre-evo not capable of evolving into Miltank also debunks this rumor as fake.
Why? Is there any real connection between the two apart from one being a cow and the other being a bull?

Also Torkoals base stat total is 470. That looks like it could easily get an evolution. Pokemon with a higher base stat total have evolved.
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Why? Is there any real connection between the two apart from one being a cow and the other being a bull?
No, there really isn't. People assume that they are counterparts due to their gender exclusivity and being based on similar animals, but they are not officially related or counterparts.
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Well, I like the fact that it features a tower that looks like the Eiffel Tower. I hope we can climb it and battle some trainers there with a special event on top overlooking a city or something because I wanna go to the Eiffel Tower one day (profile as a reference xD) so it would be cool to climb it in game.
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I want it like Unova. Sure Unova lacks stuff but Unova was a great region and if this is similar landscape-wise to Unova I will like it very much n_n
I rather it not be a Unova clone, nor a Hoenn clone either, nor the rest of the regions. However I do hope to see it have as varied a setting as Hoenn, yet with different biomes. Maybe Meadow, Large city (maybe an abandon city covered with rare Pokémon) Desert, Deep Forest, Hills, snow covered mountains, lakes. Sounds like a mix of Sinnoh and Unova...
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I rather it not be a Unova clone, nor a Hoenn clone either, nor the rest of the regions. However I do hope to see it have as varied a setting as Hoenn, yet with different biomes. Maybe Meadow, Large city (maybe an abandon city covered with rare Pokémon) Desert, Deep Forest, Hills, snow covered mountains, lakes. Sounds like a mix of Sinnoh and Unova...
That's pretty much what I was going for when I said similar to Hoenn, not a clone but taking the variety element from it and making another great region.
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:20 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDash View Post
Well, I like the fact that it features a tower that looks like the Eiffel Tower. I hope we can climb it and battle some trainers there with a special event on top overlooking a city or something because I wanna go to the Eiffel Tower one day (profile as a reference xD) so it would be cool to climb it in game.
I think it might be something the the viewpoint from Aspertia City, but maybe an even better view. I think the city would look beautiful at night.
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I think it might be something the the viewpoint from Aspertia City, but maybe an even better view. I think the city would look beautiful at night.
I could definitely imagine the view from the top of that tower. I'm hoping that they can make it almost like the binoculars from Gen 1 (in a sense) where it can kind of act as an observation deck, except you'll actually be able to see what you're looking at. Plus the 3D would make it awesome.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:15 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I wonder if this game will include more cars and trucks, I think it would be pretty cool if from the top of the tower, if you could hear traffic at peak times.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Forever
let it go

Hearing the background sounds when you're up that high sounds like a really awesome concept imo! And then being able to zoom in and see the traffic! :3
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:58 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

What about a glass floor? That'd be amazing.
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Forever
let it go

If we got the option to zoom into the area below, ya, then it'd be great. Otherwise we probably wouldn't be able to see through it easily enough for the most part. :(
Old March 8th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Just give it one of these type of binoculars or scope lenses or whatever you call these things! Then you can zoom in and see all different kinds of faraway places within the city / region atop the tower.

A glass floor would be pretty neat though.
Old March 8th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Just give it one of these type of binoculars or scope lenses or whatever you call these things! Then you can zoom in and see all different kinds of faraway places within the city / region atop the tower.

A glass floor would be pretty neat though.
I think a glass floor would look so beautiful, but given this is our first 3D main Pokemon game you never know what they'll pull off at us.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old March 8th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
There's a place in Toronto called the CN tower that has a great glass floor that let's you look onto the world below~! So yeah, a glass floor would be an amazing view! As for the zoom feature, that too is a possibility; though I wonder how it can be used in practice~?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
There's a place in Toronto called the CN tower that has a great glass floor that let's you look onto the world below~! So yeah, a glass floor would be an amazing view! As for the zoom feature, that too is a possibility; though I wonder how it can be used in practice~?
It also has those binocular things referenced a few posts ago. If there's one landmark I ought to be familiar with, that's the one.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 8th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Community Supporter

How about a boat with a glass floor, it can allow us to look below at in the water giving it that Marine Tube from B2W2 only better looking.
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I was just thinking with the new 3D view it would be cool if the cable car from Mt.Chimney of the Hoenn region made a return.
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I was just thinking with the new 3D view it would be cool if the cable car from Mt.Chimney of the Hoenn region made a return.
I would like to see the cable car make a return, we haven't had one since Emerald, and I enjoyed the view even if it was 2D, and didn't show much.

And as mentioned before by Forever and others, more trains would be nice to see, and this time they should let us travel on them, rather than simply for battle like the Magnet Train in Johto... hmm Paris has a subway too so perhaps we can see another one.
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
More vehicles would definitely be a nice thing to see, allowing for that real-world like feeling, of course~!

Hey guys, I wanted to bring something up to you all. Out of curiosity, what kind of changes would you like to see in the current set of moves that we have? Like, for example, how Hyper Voice's base power got boosted from 70(?) to 90, allowing for a significant boost in power, especially with STAB!

I'm a huge fan of will-o-wisp, and I'd like to see it's accuracy increase in order to make it more useful, hopefully, instead of someone pretty much biting their nails figuring out whether or not it's going to hit. What about you guys? o:
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here