The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 8th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
I like all of your ideas actually. That view from the top of the tower would be insane, plus a cable car feature would be cool too with the 3D making the view better than the simple one we got from the one in Gen 3.

As for moves that need buffs, I'm honestly pretty happy with what we have. Maybe bump up Hypnosis' accuracy back up to 70% again like Diamond and Pearl, otherwise I'm happy =P
Old March 8th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Bulldoze with 15PP, but raise it to 80 in terms of power. I need to reign terror the right way, not with a mere 60. Would also love to see Solarbeam getting nerfed with rainy weather.
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Would also love to see Solarbeam getting nerfed with rainy weather.
Now that you bring that up I really don't understand why that was never done when weather got introduced. It has the word Solar in it, so buffed by sun and hurt by anything else would make sense. Including Hail in there as well, and maybe Sand Storm (although I guess technically it can be a sandstorm and still be sunny out?).
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Basically yeah. Would also love to see blizzard getting nerfed with sunny day.
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
As for hail, maybe sun-based moves can be nerfed... somehow.

Like, Solarbeam having less power? I mean, moves like Moonlight and Synthesis works depending on the sun, maybe Solarbeam can work the same way.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Yep. Continuing on with the somewhat logical realism, does anyone else want a boost on the flamethrower variant status effect depending on their weather?
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think if it's sunny, frozen Pokémon should thaw faster.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yep. Continuing on with the somewhat logical realism, does anyone else want a boost on the flamethrower variant status effect depending on their weather?
I think a line needs to be drawn for what would be affected like this. Things that have side-effects already given to them by certain weather types seem fair game, but just adjusting things that have no basis with the weather doesn't really make sense. I guess if you're going for it'd burn less if it was raining/whatever, then realistically I guess that makes sense, but burn ratios have never depended on weather, so why change it?
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Well, if you think about it, flamethrower burns you, but if you have sunny day activated, the chance that it will burn you will increase cause the Pokemon's skin would be more sensitive thanks to the intense sunlight.
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Well, if you think about it, flamethrower burns you, but if you have sunny day activated, the chance that it will burn you will increase cause the Pokemon's skin would be more sensitive thanks to the intense sunlight.
Well, the Dry Skin ability pretty much makes the user weak to Sunlight, and Fire moves are doubled... I think. But yeah, burns should definately be increased more.

I mean, assuming if X&Y would revamp abilities and such.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I understand the reasoning behind it, but is it really necessary? It's just adding more complexity to something that doesn't need it I guess =/
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Its just a way to give us a better chance at burning our foe, without eating up another move slot, and the same for freeze/paralyze.
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
As for moves that need buffs, I'm honestly pretty happy with what we have. Maybe bump up Hypnosis' accuracy back up to 70% again like Diamond and Pearl, otherwise I'm happy =P
I believe the reason why it went back to having a 60% accuracy in Platinum was because the 70% actually made it too OP for everyone to use.

Anyways, there are supposed Corocoro leaks at 4chan regarding the protagonists' official artwork being posted.
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Bulldoze with 15PP, but raise it to 80 in terms of power. I need to reign terror the right way, not with a mere 60. Would also love to see Solarbeam getting nerfed with rainy weather.
Oh let's make rain even more overpowered by nerfing one of the staple sun moves! Seriously? Solarbeam already does half damage in weathers that are not sun, and if they switch in a weather inducer when you choose Solarbeam you're forced to waste a turn charging a 60 BP move and you can't switch out either.

And Bulldoze has a very powerful effect, it doesn't need more power.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old March 8th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I've always thought that Bulldoze was kind of gimmicky, and quite situational. (eg. you have a ferrothorn, the opponent switches to magnezone, sooo bulldoze away?)

I dunno, I'm beginning to think that the only way X&Y will revamp moves is if they plan to add more situational moves, or more powerful staple moves in general. That'd be interesting to see.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 8th, 2013, 07:16 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I feel it'll be nice if Bulldoze was upped to 70.

Also I think Solar Beam should be changed up a bit, it seems to be the least used of the 120 BP moves. Perhaps increase it's power to 130 or 140 BP so even when nerfed it'll be 65 or 70 BP.
Old March 8th, 2013, 07:26 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I'd like to see a water type move like Overheat, I think we need one. And maybe electric too.
Old March 8th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I've always thought that Bulldoze was kind of gimmicky, and quite situational. (eg. you have a ferrothorn, the opponent switches to magnezone, sooo bulldoze away?)
I always liked the Speed-lowering effect of Bulldoze, it sometimes helped me in tricky fights, but if I used it in Double/Triple Battles I always put Flying-types or Pokemon with Levitate next to it so I wouldn't lower my own team's Speed either.

Also, I know SolarBeam's only good effect is being used in sun (since it hits in a single turn under those conditions) and even better when combined with Chlorophyll users since getting a Speed boost and firing one-shot SolarBeams can be deadly.

And I do agree with Vap's post, we should get some moves similar to Overheat, but with different types.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old March 8th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
If Bulldoze gets a boost, Snarl, Struggle Bug, and Low Sweep should too. Low Sweep is a Fighting version of Bulldoze in one vs one. Struggle Bug and Snarl do the same thing but Struggle Bug is 30 while Snarl is 55, both lower than Bulldoze and both can be more effective upsetting Special attackers.
Old March 8th, 2013, 07:52 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

We also need stronger ghost type moves, iicr, Shadow ball is the strongest excluding Shadow Force.
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
We also need stronger ghost type moves, iicr, Shadow ball is the strongest excluding Shadow Force.
Yeah, and that's only good for Special-based Ghosts.

I also think most Physical-based Ghosts need better STAB moves, Banette is useless cos its best STAB is Shadow Claw, and that doesn't even that hard unless if it was a critical hit.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old March 8th, 2013, 08:25 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I don't think Pokemon needs a new Type. I don't think a new Type will be added. Light-Type just seems redundant. However, one video I saw suggested a "Fairy-Type". This would include all the "Pink Balloon" Pokemon like Blissey, Jigglypuff, and other pokemon with "fairy" as their species.

Normal-Type today is already divided into 2 main groups. Animal pokemon, and misfit pokemon. How is Porygon a "Normal Type? Exactly what is NORMAL about a pokemon made of Data that shoots electric and psychic attacks?

So, I think there is genuine design space for Normal Type to be split into 2 distinct types. Normal-Type would become the home on ACTUAL Normal animals like Lilipup and Ratatta. (there is nothing normal about Joey's Ratatta. He's in like, the top percentile of ratattas.) The New Type would be the official Hodge-podge-Type that Normal is currently. Filled with bizarre things like Porygon, Likitunge, Jigglypuff and others.

(people say Likitunge is a chameleon. I disagree. The thing is pink and made of rubber and look like no Earthly creature. It is not Normal to be pink and inflatable.)
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I agree with those who say that Ghost-types do need as stronger Ghost move, something that's base 90 perhaps? It could be physical and special moves that are splits of each other also, like Waterfall and Surf(even though Surf is stronger). I'm not too fond of Shadow Claw, but then again to be fair, there really aren't many physical Ghosts out there in the first place.

I'm thinking that, if there were more physical Ghosts, then there would be more expansion upon their physical movesets, hopefully.
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:53 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I fairy type would make me thing of Yugioh, just saying.
Old March 8th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
I'm not really in favor of a fairy type, or any new type really, but of course its a possibility and I do agree that Porygon shouldn't be a normal type, but its done now and I don't really see them changing the typing completely of Porygon. But I can see them adding a fairy typing to Jigglypuff, Blissey, Audino, all those pokemon that are in that group with those, so that they would be Normal/Fairy. What I can't see them doing is ridding them of their normal typing and making them purely fairy, although they might make new pokemon that are purely fairy, that is IF they introduce a fairy type. I personally don't believe they will introduce any new type because all the typings seem pretty balanced as they are right now, but I guess if they added a new type fairy would be an interesting one.... I just don't really see how it would fit in.. like what types it would be weak against it/what types it would be strong against.

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here