The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 9th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
To be honest, a lot of those ideas does sound very cool~ I mean, I immediately fell in love with that ballerina-esque gym! Perhaps it is too much info in so little time, but, I'd still say credit should be where credit is due.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
You guys do know that's from the Mister XY rumor right?
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Not sure if this has been covered but something interesting about the gyms has came to light:

Spoiler:
More potential details have been disclosed in regards to the upcoming Nintendo 3DS exclusive titles, “Pokemon X” and “Pokemon Y.” According to a report by Video Games Uncovered on March 6, the handheld role-playing games will feature eight gym leaders. Each of them will have a team of Pokemon creatures based on one category. Players will have to take on bug, dark, fighting, ghost, normal, physic, rock and steel types. By defeating them, the eight gym leaders will give out badges that are required for the journey. You can check out some screens from the video games in the slideshow at the top of this article and a list of gym leaders below (courtesy of Video Games Uncovered):

Snyder (Bug) – Web Badge – Galatan Gym: Rugged, brown-haired man wearing outdoor gear, such as hiking boots, and a vest filled with various tools and doo-dads covering it. An outdoors-man skilled in trapping and such who is a master Bug Catcher.
Blanche (Normal) – Star Badge – Coladale Gym : “Pixie-cut”, orange-haired young girl in a typical ballerina outfit. Is a ballet prodigy.
Justin (Dark) – Eclipse Badge – Croceanna Gym: Slicked-back, black hair guy in a police officer outfit wearing an eye-patch. Former convict turned good who tames dangerous Pokemon.
Rochelle (Rock) – Solid Badge – Mistiltin Gym: Long, brown-haired woman wearing a racing outfit and holding a helmet. Is a motor rally racer and car enthusiast.
Felicity (Psychic) – Grace Badge – Durendock Gym: Black-haired “office woman” wearing very fashionable eyeglasses. Interior decorator that practices Feng Shui and is very orderly.
Flavius and Ferra (Steel) – Grid Badge – Caladbough Gym: An older, “fluffy hair” man wearing a flashy golden suit and a beautiful blond woman in a silver dress. Are co-hosts that run a game show at their Gym.
Jules (Ghost) – Spirit Badge – Nagelrelm Gym :Young boy is a black suit, with pale skin and light-blond hair. Eyes closed. Is a blind violinist who uses his other senses to play.
Vincent (Fighting) – Force Badge – Tyrforge Gym: Pretty plain looking, middle-aged man wearing a black sweater and brown pants. Well known movie star and philanthropist.

It is well structured and certainly sounds believable, I'd be pretty happy with thos roster tbh. Oh and if this is true then we finally get that overdue Dark type leader we've been craving for.
Its from Mr.XY. Its fake. Supposedly there is supposed to be a Grass Gym due to the opening trailer and a lot of those names were references that someone mocked on Pokejungle. The Dark Gym leader one being a Twilight thing I forgot how it goes though.
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Has Pokemon Smash revealed any hintful information regarding XY, which will be revealed in this month's Corocoro, or has the show not started yet?
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Has Pokemon Smash revealed any hintful information regarding XY, which will be revealed in this month's Corocoro, or has the show not started yet?
Well, I don't think anyone has even leaked the show yet. Maybe check back tomorrow evening?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 9th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
It ended 3 and a half hours ago. Nothing new showed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Well, I don't think anyone has even leaked the show yet. Maybe check back tomorrow evening?
It streams around 4:30pm Central every saturday. Just check Pokejungle cause either ProudVictini of ZephyrSonic stream it. Though we are less likely to get news through Smash before a Coro Coro release.

Leaks will start to appear soon, earliest believable leak would be tomorrow since that's the 10th, some may surface tonight since its currently the 10th in Japan and the subscribers get their issues today or tomorrow. In that time Pokemon.com will update either before the 15th which is the legal date of Coro Coro release or after the 15th.
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Forever
let it go

I won't really believe it til the 12th given that just seems like the day for leaks lol. I mean it was a common pattern in Gen 5 at least. :x
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:09 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I won't really believe it til the 12th given that just seems like the day for leaks lol. I mean it was a common pattern in Gen 5 at least. :x
I have to agree, that'll proably be the earliest we'll get scans. Hopefully they'll reveal the typing of the mascots, and Sylveon. Also the region's name would be nice, so we can actually refer to it by name.
Old March 9th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I have to agree, that'll proably be the earliest we'll get scans. Hopefully they'll reveal the typing of the mascots, and Sylveon. Also the region's name would be nice, so we can actually refer to it by name.
Personally, I think referring to it as "France" suffices. I mean, what else can we call it other than "that strange unmentionable place"?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 10th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

13th really if you're on the other side of the Atlantic ocean. Any region name would come with the region as well.
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Personally, I think referring to it as "France" suffices. I mean, what else can we call it other than "that strange unmentionable place"?

Cyclone
I usually refer to it as the X/Y Region until an official name is given. We could say it's based off of a France, but that's not 100% confirmed yet. Even then, the region will likely be influenced from other areas outside of France as well.

We could be getting possible leaks of this month's cover as early as tonight, but I am more expecting it start hitting the internet sometime around tomorrow or Tuesday instead.
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Forever
let it go

I call it the region of these games :3 It's going to be kind of strange given that for Unova we got to call it Isshu for a while but this time around we'll be at just the English name which'll be weird :x
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

You know what, I really, really, hope that we get to see the rival. Or rivals. That, and new pokemon, of course~ But, at least the rival or maybe the protagonist's artwork is enough for me.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Well if last month was any indication we could be getting them tonight. From what I hear on the grape vine they were already leaked a full 2 days before they were found, so anythings possible.
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I'd expect them tomorrow morning honestly, but who knows. The earlier the better obviously.

As for what to refer to the region as until the actual name gets released, it's just easier to call it "the new region" to me, as calling it by its speculated inspiration doesn't really make sense to me.
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Id say the earliest is tonight.

Im not willing to call it "France" or "PokeFrance" just yet. It could be based on more than just France. Yes the city in the trailer was probably inspired by Paris with that Eiiffel Tower looking thing, but it was only one place). I actually hope it is more than just France, as more of Europe would make for a much more interesting region with a lot of influences.
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
Id say the earliest is tonight.

Im not willing to call it "France" or "PokeFrance" just yet. It could be based on more than just France. Yes the city in the trailer was probably inspired by Paris with that Eiiffel Tower looking thing, but it was only one place). I actually hope it is more than just France, as more of Europe would make for a much more interesting region with a lot of influences.
I definitely agree with this. The last thing I want is another flat-feeling region like Unova was. Taking aspects from all over Europe (like the Mediterranean, the Alps, some desert areas) would make for a better region to explore in my opinion.
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nah, I want France to happen as is. Each country of Europe is too homogenous and diverse to cramp all in one region, and I fully expect a couple of regions to come out of the continent. The US didn't simply because while the east coast might be different from the midlands and the west coast, the country in general is the same in terms of culture, society and history,, where as Europe is 2000+ years of history for each country. A lot of different mythologies as well that can be a basis, is another factor.
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Community Supporter

I think it'll be french only, with maybe some england and germany if anything else considering those three european nations show up the most in Japanese media. However it'll be best if England and Germany got their own regions where a certain part is central. Like the German region can be split in two, and England be split into zones, etc. I can see a lot being done with them which otherwise might not appear if they cram them all together.
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Do you think we will be able to buy pokemon online as DLC?

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I guess I can see why they'd only use one country, and France itself does have some varied regions so it by itself could provide an interesting region alone. England I don't see as potential inspiration for a region on it's own though.

And I could see something being offered as DLC potentially, but I wouldn't expect the entire games to be released digitally.
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I never really understood DLC as it relates to Pokemon, but I guess that's because I never truly understood DLC in itself. It'd be interesting if they'd offer a few things here and there through that method, but I wouldn't really care one way or another because I don't think it's something that would significantly affect me.
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Digital Download, Jake, would be a really great way to allow for easy cross gen transferring, so you should actually hope for it. Plop in B2W2, have the games read by X/Y which is installed on your 3DS, and bam! you have yourself all the Pokemon you want.
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I never really understood DLC as it relates to Pokemon, but I guess that's because I never truly understood DLC in itself. It'd be interesting if they'd offer a few things here and there through that method, but I wouldn't really care one way or another because I don't think it's something that would significantly affect me.
The only DLC I could really see incorporated in this would be the potential of having Event Pokémon more easily available, instead of having to go to a specific place to get the the Wondercard or whatever to download it. Would definitely make the entire process much easier to do and would make it more accessible to a larger playerbase! And I'd actually love that feature Elendil! Would definitely make that a much easier process to do.
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Community Supporter

Yeah, I can see the DLC being the way to get event legends, with perhaps some extra story as well, which would be nice for the event legends as they don't tend to be well explained. Perhaps the evil team can appear like how Plasma appeared in Liberty Island in BW. The level of their Pokémon can vary on the number of badges we got upon download.

Sponsored Links