Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Oh guys! I've thought of something interesting here! About the battle system....what are you expectations for it, really? I've never really seen a topic about it brought up around here, so I wanted to know if anyone had any set expectations. Of course, we've covered that chances are it probably won't have any lag (at least, I hope), but what are other things that you'd guys like to see?

What if, something like Heracross does Megahorn? Would you like to see a Pokemon lifted up and therefore damaged as Heracross executes the attack? What about Close Combat's animation? Would you like it to be like if a Pokemon was heavily beating up another?
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I actually really like the sound of that Derk! I think having battle damage show on the Pokémon too would be really cool, now that we have full models. It was hard to do with a sprite, but with a full model to work with having scratches and areas being roughed up a bit might be viable now. They started that with slower moving sprites with B/W, so this could just be a further extension of that!
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well, I don't think what I'm about to say will happen, however, it will be very nice to see, but I would like a battle system on where you'd have to work with the current terrain. For example, say you have a Raichu, and say the opponent has a Milotic. The opponent can order the Milotic to dive in the nearby water field, to dodge electric attacks from your Raichu. But, what if you command your Raichu to dive in the lake after it, and use Thunderbolt while underwater? Since water conducts electricity better than air, that can be mega effective!

Well, like I said, this system will probably be too complicated to keep track of in X&Y, but, it'd be nice to devise strategies of the sort. ^^

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

It'd definitely add another aspect to battling, but it's going into the area of becoming overly complicated. Plus, movement has never really been an aspect of the games before, and it's just a giant variable that would be difficult to work with. Would probably make battles take twice as long as they already do.
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Some battle interaction will happen, as the trailer has showed us. To what extent who knows, but the Megahorn idea is brilliant. I would love a wailord to get flung across the screen. XD
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
Off-Topic: Why didn't HeartGold and SoulSilver reintroduce the Time Capsule?

Resolution: To which should thread should I move this?
Well, I assume that your question pertains to only HG/SS, so maybe you should visit the board there to find possible answers?

In any case, it is quite satisfying to see that the pokemon will have some emotion upon getting hit or dealing the damage, which is a good step in the right direction for battle interactivity, imo. <3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 10th, 2013, 05:45 PM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I'd love the secret base feature! I'd also like to see that Underground feature that Gen IV had(?) where you and a player(through local wireless?) could dig all underground and stuff, and it was kind of a cool experience to have. I mean, for me personally, I'd like to see more wi-fi involvement in that, rather than local wireless, for those who don't really have any other people who play Pokemon with locally. n_n
But I don't want to see GameFreak limit the set of possible locations for secret bases to those accessible only from the Underground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
And this would kinda replace the follow me fature for most people, so you can see the unique overworld sprite for your Pokemon. I wish it would be the same for Fly too, even if you only see the Pokemon for a second or two.

And for the love of <censored for quote>Arceus</censored for quote> Gamefreak, show us Sylveon's type already.
I don't know if the 'Follow Me' feature could be replaced completely with the ability to see your Pokémon while surfing or flying on them…I really like the feeling of having my Pokémon follow me around on land. They could at least make it an option accessible through the menu that pops up when you select a Pokémon (I hate rearranging my party!) And, yes, GameFreak needs to show us Sylveon's typing even though 'Flying' typing seems very plausible.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Some Random Cucco: My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; March 10th, 2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:08 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
We won't be getting a Time Capsule feature ever again imo. It would just be too hard now with everything like new abilities and stuff that would be prevented.
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Time Capsule doesn't really have any practical point anymore with all the different forms of Pokémon transferring that we have now, with Pal Park and Poké Transfer. I doubt it would ever come back.
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

There was a Time Capsule? Well, slap my knee, color me blue and call me jack.

....That was terrible. Ignore that. But still. >.>

Either way as far as wanting things from HG/SS to return, I dunno, nothing else aside from the follow me feature which would probably just stay HG/SS exclusive. Otherwise, not much else, really.

But to push the topic more on the X/Y side, I'd like for there to be more communication as far as wi-fi is concerned. It's kind of a shame that even fifth gen kind of failed with this, not even letting you pair up with a friend to battle in PWT or anything like that. .__.; Personally, I'd like to travel with my friends as I go on my journey, whether it be local wireless or wifi.

How do you guys feel about more wifi capabilities being added, and what would you like to see?
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

It could be cool to have certain quests in the game where you could potentially pair up with a friend to do it in a tag-team would be cool, but I wouldn't want it to be required. Other than I don't really know, I play Pokémon more solo-oriented so no clue =P
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:04 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
There was a Time Capsule? Well, slap my knee, color me blue and call me jack.

....That was terrible. Ignore that. But still. >.>

Either way as far as wanting things from HG/SS to return, I dunno, nothing else aside from the follow me feature which would probably just stay HG/SS exclusive. Otherwise, not much else, really.

But to push the topic more on the X/Y side, I'd like for there to be more communication as far as wi-fi is concerned. It's kind of a shame that even fifth gen kind of failed with this, not even letting you pair up with a friend to battle in PWT or anything like that. .__.; Personally, I'd like to travel with my friends as I go on my journey, whether it be local wireless or wifi.

How do you guys feel about more wifi capabilities being added, and what would you like to see?
Yeah, it was kind of lame that we couldn't go with a friend to the Battle Train using long distance wi-fi like back in Gen IV. Hopefully they'll fix that up for the battle facility we're getting this generation.
Stand for Life
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:07 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I'd like to be able to create personal battle tournament rooms like they have in Mario Kart 7.
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Well, I don't think what I'm about to say will happen, however, it will be very nice to see, but I would like a battle system on where you'd have to work with the current terrain. For example, say you have a Raichu, and say the opponent has a Milotic. The opponent can order the Milotic to dive in the nearby water field, to dodge electric attacks from your Raichu. But, what if you command your Raichu to dive in the lake after it, and use Thunderbolt while underwater? Since water conducts electricity better than air, that can be mega effective!

Well, like I said, this system will probably be too complicated to keep track of in X&Y, but, it'd be nice to devise strategies of the sort.
That actually wouldn't work depending on what is in the water. Water itself doesn't conduct electricity, the particles in water do. Water actually disperses electricity safely so many things in the water don't die every time there is a storm. Using an electric attack underwater would yield an effect similar to neutralizing the electricity or even weakening it if there aren't enough particles in the water to properly conduct it.

I doubt something like this would ever be done in the Pokemon universe due to complexity.
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Community Supporter

I'll like it if they bumped up the number of moves a given Pokémon can have to 5. It can give us more to work with.
Stand for Life
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
With Sylveon only showcasing 4 attacks I think its still four. Besides that 5 attacks on Pokemon would upset the tiers for current meta as a lot of new formats would open up. it would probably throw the current meta into as much chaos as a new type would.
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
With Sylveon only showcasing 4 attacks I think its still four. Besides that 5 attacks on Pokemon would upset the tiers for current meta as a lot of new formats would open up. it would probably throw the current meta into as much chaos as a new type would.
I do agree with Xander, changing the number of moves Pokemon can have at a time could upset the competitive balance and cause even more confusion, just like what would happen if a new type or triple-types were introduced.

There was talk before Ruby & Sapphire's release that the Pokemon would be able to have more than 4 moves at a time but that never happened.
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:49 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I can't see why they'd change to five moves after 17 years. If the idea was dropped with gen III, I don't see it happening now.
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but:

This was taken from CoroCoro's website. It's believed to be April's cover page issue of CoroCoro. If you take a look at the top-right corner of the page, you'll see the starters. It's probably nothing, but maybe it can mean that April's edition will bring more info about the starters?

(btw, the issue that comes out in March is April's edition of Corocoro)

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

I'm pretty sure that's Ichiban, which is just the side magazine of CoroCoro from a few weeks ago, which had nothing.
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
I'm pretty sure that's Ichiban, which is just the side magazine of CoroCoro from a few weeks ago, which had nothing.
Oh.

Well, either or, I didn't expect much anyway. Probably just a showcase of the starters.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I'd like for this month's issue to possibly reveal starter info, but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up, to be honest. We probably won't know until this week, or so? If speculation around here seems to be correct, it's the 15th, right? I guess we'll see what it is around then. x_x
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

I don't want you guys to get too excited, but apparently this issue has quite a bit. Doesn't sound like just Sylveon and screens for XY. God the wait is killing me.
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Community Supporter

I'm hoping that we get leaks later tonight. Ah well, if I have to wait four more days I guess I can.
Stand for Life
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Leaks definitely will be coming by tomorrow the latest, its already in the hands of the usual leakers.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here