The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
I'm kind of starting to question why Mewtwo is even relevant to this generation other than the whole Genetics aspect, unless that's the only reason.
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
It's really not. Someone pointed out in the Corocoro thread or the Mewtwo thread that the movie is set in Unova, not any new region. It's pretty much the final chapter in the Unova saga.
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Yes Mewtwo has nothing to do with XY as of right now. Mewtwo is facing off against Genesect. So basically we are getting Rocket vs. Plasma (as both are manipulated by the said teams) like we were prior to the tsunami and the canceled episodes.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 12th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
It's really not. Someone pointed out in the Corocoro thread or the Mewtwo thread that the movie is set in Unova, not any new region. It's pretty much the final chapter in the Unova saga.
If not in the Unova region in the small island set that they just released.
Spoiler:
Dekorora Islands
The anime continues onward with Ash, Iris, and Cilan pulling an Orange Island in Unova. Filler until gen 6.

Strong support its in Unova as in one of the episodes to come:
Spoiler:
They will have screen caps and short video clips of Genesect from the movie with Team Plasma involved.

Yes spoilers cause they are spoilers. Click at own risk.
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Pokémon ‏@Pokemon
Pika pika! We've got some exciting news for Pikachu fans coming up tomorrow! pic.twitter.com/fXEOuaUiK2
Interestingly, tomorrow is the 15th, the usual day of CoroCoro (and given we haven't seen everything). Could this possibly be related to X/Y? The Eevee thing that Pokemon's Twitter said related to X/Y soooo!
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Interestingly, tomorrow is the 15th, the usual day of CoroCoro (and given we haven't seen everything). Could this possibly be related to X/Y? The Eevee thing that Pokemon's Twitter said related to X/Y soooo!
So.. it's something about X&Y, that Pikachu related? Does Pikachu have a role to play in X/Y, or is that too much of a stretch?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Or maybe they're just using the Mascot as a method to promote the games. I doubt Pikachu would have that much involvement in the games, if at all.
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Its the Pikachu 3DSXL you guys, you can see the corner of it in the pic.
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Or maybe they're just using the Mascot as a method to promote the games. I doubt Pikachu would have that much involvement in the games, if at all.
Well, it's something for "Pikachu fans". Hence why I was thinking it might be something Pikachu-based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Its the Pikachu 3DSXL you guys, you can see the corner of it in the pic. >_>
Well, that makes sense! It was sort of weird, thinking how it was related to X&Y, but yeah.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Yup, I don't think we're getting any news for the next month or so, unless Nintendo feels like being nice and giving us something instead of going through Corocoro.
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

If Pikachu is given another evolution, I will question their sanity. You cannot mess with Pikachu. Not when he's the primary mascot of the series.

And if Ash's Pikachu one day evolves into this new evo, I daresay it might kill the anime.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 13th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Yeah Pikachu getting some sort of another evolution isn't going to happen. It already is a three-staged evolution, it's just not happening. It's just (as Elendil said) the Pikachu 3DS.
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Better be the US release for the Pikachu 3DS XL. I was pissed when Europe got it an no where else. I want mt Pikachu 3DS XL!
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'll buy it if it comes to Australia. I wonder if they'll make starter or legendary based 3DS to go with X/Y.
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Just to make it known, Mr. XY has officially claimed that all of his rumors were fake
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
No surprise there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I'll buy it if it comes to Australia. I wonder if they'll make starter or legendary based 3DS to go with X/Y.
I would hope so. They seem to do it for ever generation if I recall correctly.

I just want the US to get the pure white 3DS. That's all I want really before X/Y comes out.
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I guess just to put it out there, I'm really not a huge fan of the XL series in general. I understand that they're for people for bigger hands, but for some reason, ever since the first introduction of the DSi XL, I just have never really felt the same towards bigger DSes as I feel that they were just borderline redundant, but that's just me, really. I'm sure they have their uses for those that find a purpose in them. u__u My hands aren't big anyway and are fine my regular 3DS, so I'm going to pass on this. In any case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Not even surprised. I figured a lot of his rumours were too far-fetched anyway to really believe they were true, and I believe that most other people felt the same way. Though it really does have me wondering what the starter's types are really going to be~!
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

It's really not surprising at all, but it at least stops being from claiming that we're getting a Houndoom evolution named Houndoomed. Yeah, that was enough to tell us it was fake.

On the topic of the 3DS itself, I kinda still need to get one period =x I'll have the money from working over the summer to get one though!
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:54 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Xerneas and Yveltal 3DS's would match colours somewhat of existing ones, So actually it might happen at some point.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I see a Xerneas and a Yveltal 3DS at least sometime after the games come out? I mean, I suppose I could see it being a promotional thing the week of the game's release, which would make sense, I suppose.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I mean with Pokémon more than likely being used to help push the sales of the 3DS that definitely wouldn't be out of the question. I personally wouldn't buy it but it'd be a cool option.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:16 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I think it'd be a great idea for people when they buy a 3DS for the first time to play X and Y.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

One thing I want to bring up with you guys:

Pokeball seals. Or Stickers, whichever name you want to call them. Introduced in Gen IV, they were a pretty nifty way to decorate how your Pokemon was sent out in battle. It was by no means a major thing of course, I believe it was more for those who are more for the aesthetics and pretty animations more than anything else.

Would you like this feature to make a return in X/Y? I kind of miss the seals, to be honest. :(
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:28 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

If they made them look nicer, then sure, I'd love them back. Just don't make them so irritating how you had to take them off when you deposited a Pokémon.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I actually brought that up in the Pokéball thread Derk! I would definitely like to see them come back, as it was a little customization that was given to us. It was a shame it got removed.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here