The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 14th, 2013 (09:21 PM). Edited March 14th, 2013 by Khrysta.
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
You aren't supposed to play like that though Pinky. Players aren't supposed to know about EVs. You are creating a block yourself that doesn't pertain at all to the developers nor those outside. The games are made for you to catch what appeals to you and raise the Pokemon you like. Not look up everything before hand and go through with one pre-set team.

Its about exxploration, uncovering new favorites, and raising the Pokemon you like. Live and learn from mistakes you make through the game and get better as you go.

From what you post you are more competitive minded than you should be when playing through the story. I play casually. I catch what interests me and go forth. A lot of the times I have a team not well suited for the gym I'm about to go through and have to change up my tactics.

The guides reflect this info. They aren't supposed to show everything. IVs and EVs aren't going to be well spread out information, nor were they ever supposed to be. What ever else they plan on adding in most likely may be a hidden feature as well. You'll know it makes you stronger, but exact information won't be given by officials since its not a huge part of the enjoyment of the gameplay.

Like the others said, we may not get any of this info until way later in the life of the games. We even may finish the generation off before we have accurate information on the EVs and what other battle changes they may have.

Even specifics like new Pokeball capute % and new Pokemon Catch Rates, set friendship levels, and until the guide book comes out, egg moves for all older and newer Pokemon. None of this will be available if we can't get into the cart.

And honestly, this is no where as bad as the future of Playstation and Xbox games. XD

Those two are putting one time use codes into the games so you can only play them on the system you first put them into. So in Sony's case you can't trade in the game or borrow them from things like Gamefly as the codes sync up like PC CD keys (which would probably treat them the same way as PC games and make them illegal to trade in/re-sell)

Xbox is supposedly moving into pure download with one time use ID codes for games.

Nintendo having higher encryptions on their games is the least of a gamer's worry. We can wait it out a year or so for them to break it so we can get the Meta info, not that it'll stop 6th Gen from having proper meta competitions. You'll be able to see what pokemon have what kinda stats as you level them up.

Like I had said, someone will watch the growth of their Pokemon. If they have Neutral natures, that makes everything easier to calculate as they only have to worry about EVs and IVs upsetting the numbers. We'll have a rough guess of the stats and a few new EV rates for some Pokemon shortly after the games are out. (I say shortly...a month would be considered short in this respect)

We just have to go through casually and see what we can see. If no huge info is updated a month after due to them not finishing calculations or breaking the encryption, then we can put pen to paper and try to help as best we can with what we see happening to our Pokemon.

Can you post a copy of the picture? It hasn't appeared anywhere else. And no he fully admitted that everything he said was 100% made up. If they still drop pre-evo's then is just a coincidence. They are two of the most wanted Pre-evos after all. Even Gamefreak has some level of predictability.

EDIT: Swallowed my pride and went to get it myself...now I'll be back in a bit after I finish scrubbing the fail and horrible stink of 4chan out of me.

Old March 15th, 2013 (03:35 AM).
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
I call that fake. Just as PJ said, a show revealing 2 new pokemons is odd. Besides, it's obvious someone read about Mr.XY and made those.
Old March 15th, 2013 (03:36 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Mr. XY fully admit that he lied, but the image made things suspicious on whether or not he's telling the truth about lying.
But there's no question about it... the fact that the Heracross/Pinsir stuff when expected not happening proves it's fake and that he did lie. :/ It may be true but the way he said it'd happen certainly isn't. I do hope we get some better fakes, though, or leaks, idm, just -anything-.
Old March 15th, 2013 (06:16 AM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
You do have to admit though,those fake babies are pretty damn adorable. I love the cheeks on baby Heracross. Anyway, XanderO put things as best as anyone could. We're just gonna have to crunch some numbers, and use pen and paper for a while. But one thing though. What if EV's and IV's are the same, same values and caps, but GF managed to make them even more random and spread out then before? I'm not suggesting something as huge as Gen 2=>3 but more of an evolution of the system we already have, that would make all external tampering useless?
Old March 15th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I'd doubt they go and change it that drastically. I think they have a pretty solid system already in place, and screwing around with it isn't going to help anyone. If anything, it'd screw around with a lot of Pokémon that we could transfer over. Plus, if it's so uncrackable I don't think they really have a reason to do it when it's going to take people to figure out specific values a very long time anyways.
Old March 15th, 2013 (12:51 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Mr. XY fully admit that he lied, but the image made things suspicious on whether or not he's telling the truth about lying.
He was lying.

In the future, Id be extremely hesitant to believe anything you see posted on 4chan or any site like that, it's most likely fake. People can post absolutely anything there.
Old March 15th, 2013 (01:31 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
A rule of thumb that I heard for new Pokémon is: If when a new Pokémon is leaked there isn't heaps of art for it on Pixiv within five minutes, it's fake.
Old March 15th, 2013 (01:35 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I would love a Pinsir/Heracross baby evolution and even though the recent rumor was fake, it certainly doesn't rule it out for this generation or a later generation.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old March 15th, 2013 (01:53 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think Lapras needs a pre-evo before other things. It has the highest BST of all non-legendary Pokémon without any evolutionary relatives.
Old March 15th, 2013 (02:51 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
TBH, I hope Sylveon is the only cross gen evolution to a Kanto Pokemon in XY, because I'm reorganizing the Kanto Pokedex, in case of another R/B/Y remake, by including all cross gen (pre)evos of the Kanto Pokemon to make it go up to 190 as what GF originally intended to add before cutting down to 151. So far, the list is 183, so I need to add 7 more Pokemon in the roster, but they have to be Ghost-type Pokemon, Dragon-type Pokemon, and Pokemon who evolved via Dusk Stone and Light Stone to expand Agatha and Lance's team. So as much as I like to see a Lapras evo, I really don't want to see it happening, for it ruins this idea I came up with.
Old March 15th, 2013 (04:07 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
That screenshot certainly looks odd, but...it could also quite easily be photoshopped, sadly.

It's nice to see that 4chan is getting a kick out of the X/Y speculation. xD
Old March 15th, 2013 (04:44 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
When do you guys think we'll get some real news? I'm hoping we get something along the way to April 15.
Old March 15th, 2013 (05:12 PM).
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
April 15 sounds like a possible date for new info. I think we will see some new news around that time. I'm surprised Sylveon's type hasn't been revealed yet...

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old March 15th, 2013 (06:23 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchlax11 View Post
April 15 sounds like a possible date for new info. I think we will see some new news around that time. I'm surprised Sylveon's type hasn't been revealed yet...
It actually makes a lot of sense. Sylveon's evolution method and type are potential spoilers to the upcoming movie short. Why would they want to spoil the movie? Its supposedly about the creation/discovery of Sylveon so they'd want to keep typing and evolution method secret until the last possible moment. That moment being the release and reveal during the movie.

So really. No one should be expecting Sylveon's type or evolution method for another 4 months.
Old March 15th, 2013 (06:39 PM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
It actually makes a lot of sense. Sylveon's evolution method and type are potential spoilers to the upcoming movie short. Why would they want to spoil the movie? Its supposedly about the creation/discovery of Sylveon so they'd want to keep typing and evolution method secret until the last possible moment. That moment being the release and reveal during the movie.

So really. No one should be expecting Sylveon's type or evolution method for another 4 months.
Are you sure that isn't too long? I just imagine that at least it's type wouldn't be too much of a spoiler for the short.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 15th, 2013 (07:06 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I guess I can see that reasoning, but we know not much about the movie short ,we dont know that it's type is not a spoiler for the short. Im getting anxious about the type myself, but I guess we have to wait.

I just hope for more CoroCoro news next month. Some more game info, maybe some screenshots of the game, and another Pokemon or two. I dont expect that much.
Old March 15th, 2013 (11:40 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
They should at least release it's type, as the short sounds like it's more about eevee's evolution into Sylveon than the actual type. Besides it's just a short, not like it's part of the whole movie...which by the way we've had spoilers for, such as the showing of Keldeo's resolution forme which was a center role in the main movie, yet was shown early, same with Kyurem's formes. Also the anime evolution may not necessary be the game's evolution method seeing how Kyurem's formes don't work the same way, and some of the Pokémon that evolve by trade with items just evolve by exposure to the item, skipping the trading part.

Anyways let's hope they reveal the typings of the mascots at least, that or for them to have more new Pokémon, as talking about the mascots, and Sylveon's typings has gotten kind of old.
Old March 16th, 2013 (04:06 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'm kinda surprised at how little we know given how much time has passed since the announcement, over a span of two months we've only had the game reveal, starters, legendaries and Sylveon. I would have expected a little more, even if it's just anime news or some further details on the new features in X & Y. I suppose there is another seven months until the release but still.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old March 16th, 2013 (04:09 AM).
Forever
let it go

I'm not surprised. In generation 5 we only had the silhouettes at this point of the starters, the two legendaries and Zoroark/Zorua. We didn't even see anything of the region iirc so gen 6 is much faster than that. It's just weird because they revealed it all at once really... so you'd expect "more".
Old March 16th, 2013 (05:16 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Seeing as quite have quite a long way to go until Gen 6 is actually released, I wouldn't expect anything of substance until next month or so. And even then, I think it's around the summertime that the news should pick up.
Old March 16th, 2013 (08:02 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I remember back when the 5th gen was coming there was somebody posting silhouettes of the new pokemon. (and he might have been drawing them too)

Does anyone remember how soon before the games were actually released this happened? I thought it was a month or two but I'm not really certain.
Old March 16th, 2013 (08:09 AM).
Forever
let it go

September. About a week or so before the games were released. And it was PokeExperto. Not sure if it's going to happen that way again... :( I kind of doubt it this time really.
Old March 16th, 2013 (08:13 AM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
September. About a week or so before the games were released. And it was PokeExperto. Not sure if it's going to happen that way again... I kind of doubt it this time really.
Yeah something tells me after that fiasco no one is showing anyone, anything.
Old March 16th, 2013 (08:13 AM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I very much doubt that Melkor(the Pokexperto guy) will be given a lot of inside info again so the same thing wont happen with XY. Nintendo was not happy about him leaking all that.
Old March 16th, 2013 (10:35 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
When do you guys think we'll get some real news? I'm hoping we get something along the way to April 15.
The procedure for speculators:

"We should get some news on 'Month 1' 15th."

Date passes. The next day:

"I believe we'll get more info on 'Month 2' 15th."

Date passes. The next day:

"We're due for info on 'Month 3' 15th."

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Sorry, had to point this out. :D And it'll likely turn into that until about September because of past leaks.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links