The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
For being poisoned there is already "normal" poisoned and severly poisoned, so in a way it's a more serious form of the same illment. I think this would only work for burnt though, because how would being asleep, frozen or paralyzed change or become more severe?
Indeed. Just what I want to do, cause an opponent to be severely frozen instead of just the basic frozen.

Granted, being frozen is sometimes useless. It can thaw immediately.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 18th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well, I'm not so sure about the stacks of the [ FRZ ] status myself...

I mean, I want to ask the question that was asked from the other post(s); how can a pokemon become even more frozen than it already has? I mean, I would like to think that poison makes the most sense, because there is even more severe and life-threatening types of poison than others, but, I'm not sure if that applies to frozen.

Well, the only way that I see a more severe "frozen" status is that, a pokemon can be frozen in an extremely low temperature than the temperatures that would take for a pokemon to be frozen, like, say, liquid nitrogen having a boiling point of −196 °C, where it can rapidly freeze a pokemon's tissue on contact. And then, if a move would hit, it would shatter instantly, where it also "shatters" a pokemon instantly?

...This made more sense in my mind. @_@

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM
zoroarkrules25

So anyone else see the rumor going around that shows the zangoose evolution and pre evolution along with a 3d image of what may big ben and a building near it?
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Very first time i'm hearing of this rumor. Any pictures to support that??

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
@The stacking freeze status, that would just be...ridiculously overpowered. If you could manage to stack that freeze, and any hit would theoretically shatter it, that's almost introducing death into the game. It's not fainting if it's shattered into pieces. Definitely don't see that happening ever.
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoroarkrules25 View Post
So anyone else see the rumor going around that shows the zangoose evolution and pre evolution along with a 3d image of what may big ben and a building near it?

...This is the first time I've heard of this rumour as well. o_O Zangoose shouldn't have an evolution, since it's already ridiculously strong as it is...
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Yamiidenryuu

Please, post a link to that rumour or that picture. I want to see this.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
...This is the first time I've heard of this rumour as well. o_O Zangoose shouldn't have an evolution, since it's already ridiculously strong as it is...
Minus the four move slot syndrome thing, but yeah it's rather strong =P I wouldn't mind a pre-evolution for it and Seviper though (since they kind of go hand in hand). But yes, a link to this rumor would be wonderful.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Zangoose shouldn't have an evolution, since it's already ridiculously strong as it is...
I totally agree, and wouldn't it be kinda unfair if his "rival" Pokemon, Seviper, didn't get an evo too?

Old March 18th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

If Zangoose and Seviper get evolutions, I wonder if they will remain lifelong rivals or if they will be at peace. I think it would be ironic if the former rivals, once both evolved, respect each other.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 18th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Or remain even fiercer competitiors, which would seemingly make more sense? To me, at least. xD;
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Or remain even fiercer competitiors, which would seemingly make more sense? To me, at least. xD;
Haha that's the way i see it too! And it would fit better, especially for Seviper, he just looks like a back-stabbing Pokemon

Old March 19th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
If Zangoose and Seviper get evolutions, I wonder if they will remain lifelong rivals or if they will be at peace. I think it would be ironic if the former rivals, once both evolved, respect each other.

Cyclone
All I hope is that they both receive evolutions (if one gets it the other has to!) I assume they'll still be fighting, though...
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Besides, if we're talking about pairs evolving, then why not give Plusle and Minun evos too, just out of curiosity and see what it would be like? :x
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Besides, if we're talking about pairs evolving, then why not give Plusle and Minun evos too, just out of curiosity and see what it would be like? :x
Pikachu clones, apparently, don't receive evolutions, which has become yet another traditional pattern on the dex roster alongside of the regional rodent/bird and early route bug types.
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Which is actually kind of an odd thing now that you pointed it out, and I wonder why. I mean, I'm sure that in hindsight, they're all pretty similar in more than one aspect, but why not an evolution to separate them a bit? It'd certainly help, wouldn't it?
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Forget all other Pikachu copies, i think Plusle and Minun deserve an evolution!
But it really is odd how they are not officially connected somehow to each other...especially when you look at pachirisu, who is basically a squirrel, and emolga, who is basically a...flying squirrel?

Old March 19th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
Forget all other Pikachu copies, i think Plusle and Minun deserve an evolution!
But it really is odd how they are not officially connected somehow to each other...especially when you look at pachirisu, who is basically a squirrel, and emolga, who is basically a...flying squirrel?
Eh yeah. Sometimes I wonder why Pachirisu doesn't kind of evolve into Emolga, considering they're similar to each other in that aspect. @_@;;

It actually kind of makes you wonder what the Pikachu clone in this generation might be huh? xD
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Eh yeah. Sometimes I wonder why Pachirisu doesn't kind of evolve into Emolga, considering they're similar to each other in that aspect. @_@;;

It actually kind of makes you wonder what the Pikachu clone in this generation might be huh? xD
An underground Electric squirrel. No?

The reason Emolga doesn't come from Pachirisu is simple: Unova is a stand-alone generation at the time B/W came out. Nothing connects to past generations. It's like the difference between New York and Tokyo.

Cyclone

Old March 19th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
An underground Electric squirrel. No?

The reason Emolga doesn't come from Pachirisu is simple: Unova is a stand-alone generation at the time B/W came out. Nothing connects to past generations. It's like the difference between New York and Tokyo.

Cyclone
Um, I'm not quite sure where you're getting at with the "nothing connects to past generations". oo; If Gamefreak really wanted to, they could've done so already, there's very little separating the two squirrels aside from....well..their region?? I mean, it would make perfect sense, it would kind of be like the whole Luvdisc/Alomomola scenario, where we figure one is an evolution of another but it really isn't, but should be. That kinda stuff.
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:09 AM
dewdott
Gym Leader Joseph

Nature: Brave
its sweet how they came out with 3d world for Pokemon
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Um, I'm not quite sure where you're getting at with the "nothing connects to past generations". oo; If Gamefreak really wanted to, they could've done so already, there's very little separating the two squirrels aside from....well..their region?? I mean, it would make perfect sense, it would kind of be like the whole Luvdisc/Alomomola scenario, where we figure one is an evolution of another but it really isn't, but should be. That kinda stuff.
I think the point he was trying to make was that Unova was considered a new start, so nothing would be related to anything from past generations. With that logic, Pachirisu and Emolga wouldn't be related, even with a similar appearance, because they aren't both from Unova. At least I'm assuming that's what Cyclone meant, but feel free to correct me!
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
I think the point he was trying to make was that Unova was considered a new start, so nothing would be related to anything from past generations. With that logic, Pachirisu and Emolga wouldn't be related, even with a similar appearance, because they aren't both from Unova. At least I'm assuming that's what Cyclone meant, but feel free to correct me!
I suppose so. xD; I do get pretty annoyed when the Alomomola effect (aka the "should've been x's evolution". Yeah, I decided to coin up a term for it now, yay!), is applied to quite a few bit of Pokemon. u_u Kind of grating, to say the least.

Last edited by Zorua; March 19th, 2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:50 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm hoping that instead of a new electric rodent line we get an pre/evolution or pre/evolutions to an older line sort of like generation 2 which had Pichu for it's electric rodent. If not then they should make a stage line like Gen 1.
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I'm hoping that instead of a new electric rodent line we get an pre/evolution or pre/evolutions to an older line sort of like generation 2 which had Pichu for it's electric rodent. If not then they should make a stage line like Gen 1.
Yeah, except the problem with that is that it's pretty difficult to imagine a pre-evolution for a squirrel...I mean, yeah, the obvious idea would be a baby squirrel, but what about Emolga? I mean, logically speaking, it should've been (insert pre-evo here)---> Pachirisu ---> Emolga. x_X
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here