The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:10 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Yeah, except the problem with that is that it's pretty difficult to imagine a pre-evolution for a squirrel...I mean, yeah, the obvious idea would be a baby squirrel, but what about Emolga? I mean, logically speaking, it should've been (insert pre-evo here)---> Pachirisu ---> Emolga. x_X
Or…couldn't it be a split evolution? Besides, shouldn't we mention this part of our discussion in the Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation thread?

Oh, wait; this explains it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Gamefreak themselves said no Pokemon from Generation 5 has any tie into the generations before. You'll just have to accept that they aren't related.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; March 20th, 2013 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
If we're only talking about an Amity Square area, then I guess I could see having multiple Pokémon out at once, since it's a contained area and your Pokémon wouldn't be running off anywhere. If it's in the general game area (towns, cities, routes), then oh god no. That's just a mess waiting to happen, as finding your Pokémon anywhere around the city could take forever if they somehow get into a place where you can't see their model anymore =x
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Thought I'd bring up a separate topic too~!

About Mystery Gift...we usually use it for wi-fi events and the like, but how else would you like to see it utilized? Perhaps we could exchange actual gifts between friends, even more so since Spotpass might be used in the games. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Zorua; March 20th, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Thought I'd bring up a separate topic too~!

About Mystery Gift...we usually use it for wi-fi events and the like, but how else would you like to see it utilized? Perhaps we could exchange actual gifts between friends, even more so since Streetpass might be used in the games. What do you guys think?
That's what it originally was like in Gold and Silver. You could link up with your friends once a day and give them a random item. I used to force my brother to Mystery Gift with me so I could get some furniture for my room in Silver.

Gen 3 it changed to where you couldn't do that but if you recieved a Mystery Gift item like Mew's Sea Chart or the tickets to catch Lugia/Ho-oh/Lati@s from New York the 1 time they did it. You could give those to a friend through Mystery Gift. Gen 4 was when they took majority of the connection between away. Some Wonder Cards (in japan) allow players to redistribute the event Pokemon, but we never got any like that here sadly.

I wouldn't mind it going back to random item through Spot pass though.
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I think in Gen 4 they might have originally planned the sharing of events that way, but they decided not to implement it for some reason for all events, it still would be nice to share Wonder Cards that way in Gen 6 though, move of a chance to get events and less chance of missing them maybe, though you'd have to carry your 3DS with you wherever you went so maybe not.
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:46 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
It's funny because there's a section in the game that mentions sharing the wonder cards in BW...so it's still in generation V, only there's no way to actually make it work...at least not for the Worldwide versions, someone told me it works for Japan however...It'll be nice if they carried that over to our versions, especially since it's a worldwide release :3.
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
It's funny because there's a section in the game that mentions sharing the wonder cards in BW...so it's still in generation V, only there's no way to actually make it work...at least not for the Worldwide versions, someone told me it works for Japan however...It'll be nice if they carried that over to our versions, especially since it's a worldwide release :3.
The card has to say that it can be transfered to other players. Its usually in the bottom left of the wonder card. They were supposed to have some like that for both generations, but from memory I do not recall any event allowing those to be redistributed.
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
It's there, but maybe even GameFreak / Nintendo has forgotten about that little tidbit they added in. It would be nice to see it again in X/Y and actually used though.
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:19 PM
zoroarkrules25

True that scan is sketchy but i think the buildings in the other pic with them looking pretty cool, and it appears to have big ben there to. As for that bannete evolution it looks pretty cool. Also i liked amity square and wouldn't mind if it returned. How about this for a topic, would you like to see the London Eye as the new Ferris wheel? Would you like to see Big Ben as well and maybe even have it as a spot where you fight the evil team who are searching for a secret hidden in the tower. Imagine this a huge maze inside that you need to get through to stop the evil team? Would you want something like this to happen? I would like to see it happen.
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:41 PM
MegaPegasaurus
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
In the trailer there was a mixture of multi regional Pokemon, Dratini, Kirlia, Weaville, Pansear etc so I'm sure they will mix it up slightly, unless they were just for a purpose of battle footage.
Oh my gosh i hope so only reason inever replayed gen 5
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
If we're only talking about an Amity Square area, then I guess I could see having multiple Pokémon out at once, since it's a contained area and your Pokémon wouldn't be running off anywhere. If it's in the general game area (towns, cities, routes), then oh god no. That's just a mess waiting to happen, as finding your Pokémon anywhere around the city could take forever if they somehow get into a place where you can't see their model anymore =x
Just to clarify what I meant, you don't have to hunt down any of your own Pokémon before leaving town. They still automatically go with you from place to place and will be there in battles; you can just get to watch them playing in their various climates in each town. Those that don't have a matching climate don't even have to be seen out of their balls in that location.

So if you have a Goldeen swimming in the water (let's even assume you don't Surf or fish there), it still gets recalled to its ball (sight unseen) before it's needed in battle.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 20th, 2013, 10:08 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I sort of doubt they'll bring back the following feature, at least for now. If it's return it'll proably be in the sequels, or third version, or the Hoenn remakes (if made).

However a place like Amity would make sense as in Paris they have a very dog friendly atmosphere, which in Pokémon France could mean that they allow Pokémon out, and let them play with their surroundings.
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:59 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I sort of doubt they'll bring back the following feature, at least for now. If it's return it'll proably be in the sequels, or third version, or the Hoenn remakes (if made).

However a place like Amity would make sense as in Paris they have a very dog friendly atmosphere, which in Pokémon France could mean that they allow Pokémon out, and let them play with their surroundings.
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, and I'd like it too.
Old March 21st, 2013, 03:30 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Another topic I'd thought would be interesting to bring up!

In HG/SS, we've had the great pleasure of fighting the legendary trainer, Red. It can be argued that Red was actually the strongest trainer, maybe not by the type of Pokemon he used, but by the actual level of Pokemon he used, since he used one of, if not the highest leveled Pokemon in the main games (if I'm correct).

Would you like to see more trainers (although obviously optional) that would be perhaps as strong as Red, if not stronger? Maybe you could face more trainers that could push level 90, and maybe that one ultimate trainer that could use all level 100 Pokemon? What do you guys think about more higher level trainers in the games?
Old March 21st, 2013, 03:49 AM
Forever
let it go

Harder than Red I don't think really is a good idea. Level 80 was way strong and a level 100 trainer just seems like overkill, and destroys what we've had with Red, being the greatest trainer, etc.
Old March 21st, 2013, 03:53 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

If they're gonna include a lv100 trainer ever, want it to be Red. As Danica said, he is the strongest trainer and stuff.
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:03 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

You've both brought up some good points, but what if there was a trainer stronger than Red? I suppose that level 100 trainer could be the guy himself, but to spice things up, what if it was another well-known character, like Blue? Personally, in these games, if facing any old character was an option, I'd face Blue, and hopefully he would have some level 85-level 90 Pokemon.

Sure, the levels are high, but that's what makes it more of a challenge, and more exciting! For me, at least. xD;
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:45 AM
Forever
let it go

Thing is it probably wouldn't be someone from generation one, imo. That's six generations back, and the only one I can think of relevant now is N. /pro-N
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:42 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
You've both brought up some good points, but what if there was a trainer stronger than Red? I suppose that level 100 trainer could be the guy himself, but to spice things up, what if it was another well-known character, like Blue? Personally, in these games, if facing any old character was an option, I'd face Blue, and hopefully he would have some level 85-level 90 Pokemon.

Sure, the levels are high, but that's what makes it more of a challenge, and more exciting! For me, at least. xD;
I wouldn't mind that but I always though Game Freak wanted it to go Red > Blue
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:45 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

If Red or Blue, it makes sense to make them stronger than before. Blue was in the 70s, Red around 81.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 21st, 2013, 11:22 AM
zoroarkrules25

I would want whoever the trainer is to have level 100s. Red was very easy for me, i beat him with pokemon of his weakness in the 60s plus i saw someone beat him with hoppip. I would want it to be N more then anyone else.
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I suppose I'm saying that because I want the games to be more of a challenge. I'm not sure about you guys, but even B2W2 wasn't really that difficult, and I'd like for them to increase the difficulty just a tad bit, I guess. xD;
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:13 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Just because something is older doesn't mean it isn't relevant. If anything, Red is the most relevant trainer in the games. For starters, Ash is based off of Red, so we have the whole anime with him. If anything everyone knows of Red. Just because we had N more recently doesn't make him anywhere near the strongest trainer. I wouldn't want to fight the same trainer that's returned for the past two games, especially since he isn't the strongest. If anything, I'd rather have a callback to the older games where the older players will appreciate the reference, and newer players will all know of Ash at least, so they'll know where he came from.
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:27 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Something to remember is that Red and Ash are still separate characters, hence Yellow which was based on the anime in giving you only Pikachu to use as a starter. In that game, you literally play as Ash Ketchum. Thus you have the four different people in the anime who started their adventure at the same time.

And yes, I like callbacks.

Cyclone

Old March 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I mean, I don't mind seeing callbacks to old characters, and I think it's a pretty cool thing! I'd rather see more old characters than more recent characters. People like...I dunno: Red, Blue, heck I'd like it if you could battle Professor Oak for once. >.>
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links