The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 29th, 2013 (09:47 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
That would mean that there'll be a cave early on, the earliest cave irc was in Sinnoh and even than that was after the first major city.

Speaking of cities I wonder if we'll get the gyms far apart like in Sinnoh, or close together like in Unova...I'll perfer if they were seperated by a town or two in between. Unova had it's gyms one after another, the only time that wasn't the case was in B2W2 with Alder's town being between the first and second gyms...
Old March 29th, 2013 (10:16 AM).
Forever
let it go

Hmm maybe close together? It'd depend on how large the region is in my opinion. If it's crazy large then I'd say they'd be far a part, so... I guess we have to hope they're not close together :x
Old March 29th, 2013 (10:18 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
It wouldn't necessarily need to be in or near a cave to be Ground/Flying.

Dirt does exist outside caves.

A cave would be more appropriate if it was Rock/Flying.
Old March 29th, 2013 (10:27 AM).
Community Supporter

True, and it could always evolve into part ground later.
I want another Bibarel style rodent which gains a type later, maybe fire...so Normal/Fire rat...wonder what that'll be.
Old March 29th, 2013 (10:58 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Speaking of cities I wonder if we'll get the gyms far apart like in Sinnoh, or close together like in Unova...I'll perfer if they were seperated by a town or two in between. Unova had it's gyms one after another, the only time that wasn't the case was in B2W2 with Alder's town being between the first and second gyms...
I don't know, but in B2/W2 you went from Mistralton to Lacunosa, through a mountain, into Undella, north to Lacunosa (and finding Cobalion en route), and west (see Virizion on Route 11) into Opelucid. That's a pretty long stretch.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 29th, 2013 (11:02 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I wouldn't mind a Normal/Ground rodent. It would make sense given the usual species that are most often used for the common Normal-type of the region.

In other news, I had my first X/Y dream the other night and I thought I'd share it with all of you. First off, the region wasn't your traditional region. Instead it was made up of multiple islands, an archipelago basically. The region name began with an "A" but it was too long to remember. Last two things I remember was that N was there and there was an underwater city.

It was all very colorful.
Old March 29th, 2013 (11:14 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I wouldn't mind a Normal/Ground rodent. It would make sense given the usual species that are most often used for the common Normal-type of the region.

In other news, I had my first X/Y dream the other night and I thought I'd share it with all of you. First off, the region wasn't your traditional region. Instead it was made up of multiple islands, an archipelago basically. The region name began with an "A" but it was too long to remember. Last two things I remember was that N was there and there was an underwater city.

It was all very colorful.
Atlantis?

(And sometimes, the character limit ruins the impact of a short post...)

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 29th, 2013 (11:42 AM).
zoroarkrules25

Sounds like a cool region idea. Also anyone seen this:

Spoiler:

it is suppose to be froakie's final form. It surfaced in January temporarily but then disappeared and came back online today. What are your thoughts on this? Real or fake? I think it is a little ugly but i also like it.
Old March 29th, 2013 (12:11 PM).
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky
I'd say it's fake. It reminds me too much of Emboar, like a sumo wrestler kinda thing.
Old March 29th, 2013 (12:12 PM).
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoroarkrules25 View Post
Sounds like a cool region idea. Also anyone seen this:

Spoiler:

it is suppose to be froakie's final form. It surfaced in January temporarily but then disappeared and came back online today. What are your thoughts on this? Real or fake? I think it is a little ugly but i also like it.
Nah, fake. Not to be too auto-dismissive about it, or anything :P It's someone showing off their art ability, by imitating the way the first form of the starters were shown.

I'm also saying this because I don't want Froakie's final form to be that big, I'd prefer more of an Infernape-build for it.

As for that region idea, I think it would be awesome to see N again. I always love when Pokémon games nod back to past games and characters, so it would be cool to see what GameFreak might do on that front. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald were the only ones that had little to no references (particularly in the case of RS), but I think it can be said that this was "rectified" in the succeeding games. Fingers crossed this will remain the case in X and Y!

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old March 29th, 2013 (12:47 PM).
porkiewpyne
Unhatched Egg

Seen that pic as well a while back. I would assume it's fake. I actually do like the design though. Add some tiny horns like those on the horned lizards (which happen to be called horned toads as well lol) and I might just ditch Fennekin
Old March 29th, 2013 (01:58 PM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I was thinking it would be pretty interesting if there was an ice type pokemon we could catch early in the game. Or at least a pokemon that evolves into an ice type. I don't usually have ice types on my team because by the time I come across them my team is already sorted.

Having an early ice gym would be interesting too.

I don't think that type has ever made an appearance early in the game. Aside from the obvious Dragon type. (imagine if the first gym was dragon type)
Old March 29th, 2013 (02:06 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I remember the picture. Definite fake. I think we had one fake for each starter.

Cyclone

Old March 29th, 2013 (02:10 PM).
zoroarkrules25

I wouldn't want the first gym to be dragon typed. It would be cool to see a ice type early on though. As for the picture i like and agree it is big but most toads are huge in width. I also thought it looked like emboar but that wouldn't surprise me. I mean look at emogla, all they did was give parchirusu wings.
Old March 29th, 2013 (02:31 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Atlantis?
No, it was longer and the letters were more scrambled together rather than forming a coherent name. It was probably reflecting on my subconscious wish for this region to start with the letter "A".
Old March 29th, 2013 (04:42 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I think an underwater area influenced by Atlantis would be a pretty cool idea for X and Y. It would give us a reason to use Dive and maybe catch Pokemon using Dive Balls in addition to it being an interesting area to explore.
Old March 29th, 2013 (06:02 PM).
Community Supporter

I hope they do an Atlantis inspired place well this time, Unova's Abyss Ruins were disappointing to say the least.
Old March 29th, 2013 (09:08 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
An Atlantis-themed ruins sounds interesting, but since the region is based on Europe and the fact that there's little information on where the real Atlantis was located in, let alone if it actually existed, they'll just use a generic ancient ruins theme.
Old March 29th, 2013 (10:27 PM).
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
An underwater city?? Awesome! N?? DOUBLE-AWESOME!! :D

I like the concept of an underwater Atlantis-themed city. It's a fresh new feeling from all the cities above land. The player could wear a special underwater suit and move about by swimming, not by walking. It is underwater, after all! The city could be in ruins, or it could actually be inhabited by people who took to the waters for reasons unknown. The Pokemon here would obviously be water or part-water Pokemon, but perhaps only in this city can the player find Pokemon native to this location, and only can be caught using Dive Balls. Oh, maybe a legendary Pokemon could be hiding in the depths of the ruins itself! That would be oh-so-awesomee.

About N being in this region, it's great as there's a strong link to the previous generations that would surely draw many people who loved B/W2 to this latest generation. The feeling of a well-known character would certainly enhance the experience of this region by heaps, methinks.

Oh, and the picture of Froakie's final evolution? I think it is fake. I don't have much to say on this, but I kinda like it and dislike it at the same time. Hmm..

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old March 30th, 2013 (09:37 AM).
Community Supporter

It is a good idea, however if this region is based on Paris I imagine it'll be quite landlocked with the only water being down the center of the region. Of course they could always change the map up a little, you know artistic license and all...yet I still doubt it...maybe they'll do it next gen or perhaps they'll add a place similar to it in the Hoenn remakes (the region with the most water is Hoenn).
If the region were based on Spain (or Britain seeing how they took this piece) or Moroco than maybe, as Atlantis is said to have been some miles beyond the Pillars of Hercules (as called by the Greeks) aka the entrance/exit to the Mediterranean.

Anyways it's the 30th here, two weeks until Corocoro now...I'm not getting my hopes up though. However I do remember B2W2 had some info for it come out on the 10th of April (I remember this as it was also my 2nd anniversary here, also BW did too as I joined during that leak 3 years ago...). So maybe there'll be something around than too.
Old March 30th, 2013 (10:12 AM).
Esper

There's a lot of different ways they could do a map on France and include a lot of water:

That would be the largest area of the real world used to make a region yet, but it's easy enough to see where there's space for water routes. Or it could look something like this:

With the English Channel kind of in the upper center you're still about 3/4 France and the region would have to have something to connect "France" to "England" like, I dunno, the PokeTunnel or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I was thinking it would be pretty interesting if there was an ice type pokemon we could catch early in the game. Or at least a pokemon that evolves into an ice type. I don't usually have ice types on my team because by the time I come across them my team is already sorted.

Having an early ice gym would be interesting too.

I don't think that type has ever made an appearance early in the game. Aside from the obvious Dragon type. (imagine if the first gym was dragon type)
An Ice-type early in the game would probably depend on what gyms are near the beginning. The games usually offer you the chance to get a Pokemon of the same type of the next gym you face or one that has a type advantage to the gym's type. So if they had an early Ice-type gym you might see an Ice-type available early. Or if there were a Ground-, Grass-, Flying- or Dragon-type gym early on, but all those have other types that would work, like Fire or Water or Electric. Since Ice-types are fairly rare it's probably more likely they'll give you something that evolves into an Ice-type if they do anything.

deviantart blog pair
Old March 30th, 2013 (11:32 AM).
Community Supporter

I think it'll be Paris and surrouding area only, proably since Unova was New york city and surrouding area opposed to New York State.
Old March 30th, 2013 (01:37 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I would imagine an underwater city might look something like the Marine Tube in B2W2. Which would look amazing.
Old March 30th, 2013 (03:10 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Smash is airing and thy showed something during a commercial said to be aired next weekend.

Seems like a repeat of Sylveon's video, but i dunno.
Old March 30th, 2013 (03:17 PM).
Yamiidenryuu

That background definitely looks like the one from the battle scenes we've seen, whatever that's worth. And according to Serebii, they actually said they're revealing a new Pokemon, for what that's worth.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links