Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old March 30th, 2013 (03:22 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Yamiidenryuu:
That background definitely looks like the one from the battle scenes we've seen, whatever that's worth. And according to Serebii, they actually said they're revealing a new Pokemon, for what that's worth.
Well their translator was mistaken last time since according to them we were supposed to get Sylveon info last Smash/CoroCoro and we didn't. So grain of salt when Serebii posts a possible new update for now.
Old March 30th, 2013 (03:32 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Yeah, Pokémon's facebook page said they're revealing something next saturday as well.
Old March 30th, 2013 (03:35 PM).

Pokémon ‏@Pokemon 22s
We’ve got big Pokémon X and Pokémon Y
news coming up next Saturday! Stay
tuned! pic.twitter.com/BEYgnXZGVx

Twitter too. They showed three silhouettes at the end of the stream so more international news next weekend.

I want to point out this is the third time that the info is posted on Pokemon.com before Japanese source magazines. While we can still get Daiske Club info, Pokemon.com and international information is apparently the main source of info. So no Japanese exclusive info for X and Y so far.
Old March 30th, 2013 (05:35 PM). Edited March 30th, 2013 by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Lol, yesterday I wad thinking how Smash has yet to reveal Sylveon themselves...and how the next time they show something not to get our hopes up as it may be said Sylveon...I hope that imagine spot doesn't come true...but I'm not getting my hopes up on this considering Smash's record.

Edit: Didn't see this page. Maybe it's the starters evolutions?
Old March 30th, 2013 (05:42 PM).
Gold Tier

It would be strange to see them this early, however, we did get the starters with the game reveal so it's a possiblility.

It cant be Sylveon lol. The Pokemon Company made a tweet saying they are revealing the info as well, and they already gave us Sylveon a day before CoroCoro.
Old March 30th, 2013 (06:06 PM).

I can't wait to see what it is.
Old March 30th, 2013 (06:36 PM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Finally, its about time we get more news.
Old March 30th, 2013 (06:40 PM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Twitter too. They showed three silhouettes at the end of the stream so more international news next weekend.
Three, you say? I actually missed it while I was dealing with a headache I had for most of the day, but I can't help but wonder if they'll reveal the next stages to the starters then? It makes sense albeit a bit early to do so.

It could just be three random, common Pokémon found in the region though.

Quote:
I want to point out this is the third time that the info is posted on Pokemon.com before Japanese source magazines. While we can still get Daiske Club info, Pokemon.com and international information is apparently the main source of info. So no Japanese exclusive info for X and Y so far.
I guess we can consider this the benefits of having a worldwide release. I certainly don't mind it.
Old March 30th, 2013 (07:09 PM).
Silver Tier

That's what I was thinking as soon as I read "three". It could be the second stages of the starters. Which imo would be good as the second stages are usually ignored...usually we only care about the first and the last. Plus if Fennekin is really Fire/Fighting we should be able to tell by the second stage as Fire/Fighting starter lines are already fire/fighting by their second stage.
Old March 30th, 2013 (07:13 PM).

Well their translator was mistaken last time since according to them we were supposed to get Sylveon info last Smash/CoroCoro and we didn't. So grain of salt when Serebii posts a possible new update for now.
Actually, that was apparently a completely correct translation, it's just that Corocoro is a bunch of lying trolls. :P

Either way, since we now have multiple sources on this upcoming new info, I think we can safely say it's true.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old March 30th, 2013 (07:14 PM).

There were three silhouettes but that doesn't mean all three are Pokemon. >.>

First Silhouette was with the battle mock up that I said looked like it was from Sylveon's video. Later at the end of Smash a red boxed ? came up over a card. Matsuda was also shown holding a Blue boxed ? covered card. The Red boxed and Battle mock up are probably the same Pokemon. One being the 3D art the other being Sugimori Art. The thing Matsuda is holding is probably another wifi event...I really won't put it past them. Happened twice already, I have a sneaking suspicion there is a third.

So I'm seeing only 1 new Pokemon. Keep in mind every time we have had "Big" news...its been something fairly stupid.

Quote originally posted by Yamiidenryuu:
Actually, that was apparently a completely correct translation, it's just that Corocoro is a bunch of lying trolls.

Either way, since we now have multiple sources on this upcoming new info, I think we can safely say it's true.
If it were correct, we would have had 1) more than one source reporting said info. 2) the promised release of information. Serebii was incorrect on giving out their information, not that this is a highly uncommon issue when it comes to distributing news. I've had people tell me that Coro Coro (Magazine and site) made no such promise of Sylveon info last issue.
Old March 30th, 2013 (07:17 PM).
Silver Tier

True, however this time it seems to be legit, like the worldwide announcement of XY early this year and the announcement of B2W2 last year.
Old March 30th, 2013 (07:51 PM).
just a guy
CS

There were three silhouettes but that doesn't mean all three are Pokemon. >.>

First Silhouette was with the battle mock up that I said looked like it was from Sylveon's video. Later at the end of Smash a red boxed ? came up over a card. Matsuda was also shown holding a Blue boxed ? covered card. The Red boxed and Battle mock up are probably the same Pokemon. One being the 3D art the other being Sugimori Art. The thing Matsuda is holding is probably another wifi event...I really won't put it past them. Happened twice already, I have a sneaking suspicion there is a third.

So I'm seeing only 1 new Pokemon. Keep in mind every time we have had "Big" news...its been something fairly stupid.
In that case, I only expect to see one new Pokémon revealed, with the possibility of one or two more in the next CoroCoro scans. The latter being more of a hope than an expectation.

PokéBeach also reports that a new trailer will be shown, although likely to be another small snippet of the new Pokémon they're hiding in the battle mock up that looks similar to Sylveon's.
Old March 30th, 2013 (08:04 PM).
Silver Tier

I wish they would show more backgrounds beyond that one...
I'm glad we'll finally have something to speculate about that isn't Sylveon, final starter evolutions, or Mascots. I hope it's an evolution of an old Pokémon tbh.
Old March 30th, 2013 (09:11 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Anyone have images of these silhouettes? It'd be helpful if the rest of us knew what they looked like.

If I missed images or links, my apologies, please point me to them.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 30th, 2013 (09:43 PM).

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
Anyone have images of these silhouettes? It'd be helpful if the rest of us knew what they looked like.

If I missed images or links, my apologies, please point me to them.

Cyclone

The third was a red version of the second one being shown by the Smash cast. There were gasps and oohs. But they do that for a lot of things XD
Old March 30th, 2013 (10:55 PM).
Munch?

Nature: Serious
What if there are pokemon behind the red and blue cards... The blue being an X version exclusive and red being a Y version exclusive? The colors match up to the colors of the version mascots.

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old March 30th, 2013 (11:05 PM).

Quote originally posted by Munchlax11:
What if there are pokemon behind the red and blue cards... The blue being an X version exclusive and red being a Y version exclusive? The colors match up to the colors of the version mascots.
But there was only 1 previewed battle scene. If they did two sugi arts, it would stand we'd get 2 3D images too XD

Besides, as I said before they've done this before and it was nothing or a download event.
Old March 31st, 2013 (02:22 AM).

Nature: Jolly
They showed three silhouettes at the end of the stream so more international news next weekend.
Is there a picture of these silhouettes anywhere? I'm surprised they're so hard to find....

Unless it's supposed to be those question marks, in which case they're not silhouettes. Silhouettes imply some kind of shadowy defined shape. :/
Old March 31st, 2013 (05:40 AM).

My guess is it's another eevee evolution.
Old March 31st, 2013 (05:43 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by zoroarkrules25:
My guess is it's another eevee evolution.
Puncheon?

Or something Fighting type...

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old March 31st, 2013 (05:46 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Hmm I'm betting on it being the regional bird basically. I mean I remember Pidove being early in generation 5!!
Old March 31st, 2013 (05:54 AM).
just a guy
CS

Just throwing it out there, but perhaps the map of the new region is hiding behind one of those cards? I don't have my hopes up for it to be, but the thought did occur to me.... like two seconds ago.
Old March 31st, 2013 (06:02 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Hmm good point, but I think the map would be larger (as in found online and not on a card)...? Actually what else would need an international release HMM.
Old March 31st, 2013 (06:02 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Or it could be the official artwork of the human characters, including the protagonists, from the card.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)