Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old April 4th, 2013 (08:57 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Team Johto
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
That's still an option as Mew is sort of a form of it...it's original not mutated form.

Btw if that Hypno pre-evolution is real I believe that'll make it the fastest, non bug Pokémon to evolve into it's final stage out of the three stage line.
Old April 4th, 2013 (09:08 AM).
Team Unova

Nature: Brave
Well, Serebii forums is calling the Drowzee pre-evo fake so that's what I'm believing. Not the mention the top part of that baby stole Jigglypuff's hair and ears which makes it less believable to me.
Old April 4th, 2013 (09:24 AM).
Team Johto

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
No, that scan looked horribly Photoshopped.

Cyclone
THis argument is invalid(if you are talking about it being the same as the first poster). Look here:

http://gengame.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/keldeo-poster-2.png this won't post but click the link and see the simple difference.
Old April 4th, 2013 (09:39 AM).
Sir Froakie is impressed.
Team Hoenn

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
Pardon? You have some sauce (sources) for this one?

Maybe, but hey, it's one more Mewtwo to import post-E4 for that purpose.

Cyclone
I meant the Unova starters final evolution leak. Everyone ripped them off as bad photoshops and even presented very convincing proofs but we know how that tuned out. You probably weren't here.

Also, the two posters above are identical and yet both are official. We'll have to see.
Old April 4th, 2013 (09:57 AM).
Team Johto

I also saw the starter's full set of evolutions on youtube before they were released. As for the posters they put down the only arguement people have on this mewtwo poster so that makes it seem real even if some find ti stupid. We have all seen some stupid things with pokemon though( cough parchioruso getting wings and being called a completly different and unrelated pokemon cough) so it come very well come true plus those empty spaces are supicious on the first poster.
Old April 4th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
Team Johto
Silver Tier

You're talking about Unova's starters right? (kind of confusing considering all the starters we've had lol).
Those two spaces are from the site...which considering it's on an official site they must mean something...
However if Mewtwo is reappearing with a new forme I want Deoxys to get another forme... one that's is more balanced yet stronger than it's Normal forme, Mew should also get one later on. Hmm funny how the last odd generation regional Pokémon have thus far had a Dna/gene theme (Mew, Deoxys, Genesect).
Old April 4th, 2013 (10:12 AM).
masquerade
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
If there is a new Mewtwo forme in the way, I just hope they do it justice.. I would hate for them to ruin such a respected and well designed Pokemon after so many years.
Old April 4th, 2013 (10:38 AM).
Team Hoenn
Gold Tier

I dont like that Game Freak may be resorting to new formes to make old Pokemon relevant. It seems a lame way to go about it. I honestly dont think Mewtwo needs a new forme at all, I cannot however say Im surprised if this does turn out to be true.
Old April 4th, 2013 (10:58 AM). Edited April 4th, 2013 by Gary's Ho-oh.
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by Shiny Celebi:
I dont like that Game Freak may be resorting to new formes to make old Pokemon relevant. It seems a lame way to go about it. I honestly dont think Mewtwo needs a new forme at all, I cannot however say Im surprised if this does turn out to be true.
Unown ! & ? and Spiky-eared Pichu say hi.

The only way I can see Game Freak ruining any old Pokémon is they either ditch the old design of the Pokémon altogether (Jynx doesn't count) or greatly messing with their stats so much making it far from its original tier ranking or losing its iconic features. But I do agree it seems a little odd to possibly giving Mewtwo a new form since Mewtwo has been Uber tier in every generation (plus it finally got its own signature move in Generation V). But I like that rumored form's design so I wouldn't mind if it's real.
Old April 4th, 2013 (11:12 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink
Team Hoenn

Nature: Quirky
My guess is that Mewtwo's new formes maybe similar to Deoxys' gimmick. One forme made soley for physical power (ala typical DBZ villain), and another forme made soley for speed.
Old April 4th, 2013 (12:43 PM).
Team Johto
Silver Tier

I also see the formes functioning that way. Unless the other forme if it does get two, ends up being defense instead of attack.
Old April 4th, 2013 (02:37 PM).
Eye of the Storm
Team Johto

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I also see the formes functioning that way. Unless the other forme if it does get two, ends up being defense instead of attack.
Based on the "card" (what else can I call it? Graphic?), I'd say there are two formes with two open slots on the bottom.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 4th, 2013 (03:06 PM).
Team Unova

Slightly moving away from the Mewtwo form for a sec for something else. I'm just hoping Keldeo in Gen VI will get a boost on it's Resolute Form like the boost Rotom got in Gen V. I mean, Game Freak did a lot of promoting/hyping for a B2W2 exclusive form that did absolutely jack squat for anyone which was a terrible idea.
Old April 4th, 2013 (03:07 PM).
Team Johto
Silver Tier

I feel impatient for Saturday to come already...that way we can know if those "Graphics" represent something.
I also hope that it'll get a boost, it's just sad that it didn't. I feel that it should've faster than it's normal Keldeo forme. Also Rotom's formes only got typing changes in gen V, the boosts were present in gen IV.
Old April 4th, 2013 (03:16 PM).
Team Unova

I'm aware that its base stats were present in Gen IV but it Rotom didn't feel too different with 5 forms of the same type that only granted each form a signature move that couldn't get a STAB.
Old April 4th, 2013 (03:35 PM).
Team Johto
Silver Tier

I enjoyed that fix tbh.
I do wonder if they'll do that with Kyurem's formes...
Old April 4th, 2013 (04:18 PM).
Eye of the Storm
Team Johto

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I enjoyed that fix tbh.
I do wonder if they'll do that with Kyurem's formes...
Black/White Kyurem may not be possible in Gen. VI. Let's wait and see.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 4th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
Team Johto
Silver Tier

All formes except for the non-tradable, and non-forme changeable Spiky ear Pichu have thus far been present in all games, so I imagine Kyurem's formes will appear again...even with more reason this time as the theme is genes (not saying it'll have a role in these games but they're likely to appear).
Old April 4th, 2013 (04:25 PM).
just a guy
Team Johto
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I'm willing to bet that X/Y will give players a way to obtain Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. I don't see why they wouldn't. As said, it has already been done before.
Old April 4th, 2013 (05:12 PM).
Vivacious Deviant
Team Johto

Nature: Sassy
As for the Black/White Kyurems being available, they'll most likely come in an event.
Old April 4th, 2013 (06:08 PM).
Team Unova

Well, the Griseous Orb wasn't tradable until Gen V and you can get the Gracidea in Gen V, I'm very sure we'll be able to get the just said items as well as the DNA Splicers and Reveal Glass in X & Y.
Old April 4th, 2013 (06:15 PM).
Team Kalos

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Gary's Ho-oh:
Unown ! & ? and Spiky-eared Pichu say hi.

The only way I can see Game Freak ruining any old Pokémon is they either ditch the old design of the Pokémon altogether (Jynx doesn't count) or greatly messing with their stats so much making it far from its original tier ranking or losing its iconic features. But I do agree it seems a little odd to possibly giving Mewtwo a new form since Mewtwo has been Uber tier in every generation (plus it finally got its own signature move in Generation V). But I like that rumored form's design so I wouldn't mind if it's real.
Spiky Ear'd Pichu isn't an alternate form. Its a special edition Pokemon. No Pichu can transform into the Spiky ear'd one and it couldn't be traded, transferred, or evolved.

Gamefreak also doesn't do anything based on Tiers. That is fan made groupings. Only "Tier" Gamefreak has is "Legendary".

Quote originally posted by Gary's Ho-oh:
Slightly moving away from the Mewtwo form for a sec for something else. I'm just hoping Keldeo in Gen VI will get a boost on it's Resolute Form like the boost Rotom got in Gen V. I mean, Game Freak did a lot of promoting/hyping for a B2W2 exclusive form that did absolutely jack squat for anyone which was a terrible idea.
Rotom didn't get any boost in gen 5. If you are talking about its type change, that was more a hit than a boost. Rotom lost some major functions and STAB bonus to a lot of its common tactics. While each form may have opened up to new defenses they also fell prey to new weaknesses as well. Overall the new typesetting hurt Rotom more than anything.

Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
I'm willing to bet that X/Y will give players a way to obtain Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. I don't see why they wouldn't. As said, it has already been done before.
Quote originally posted by DashieFactory:
As for the Black/White Kyurems being available, they'll most likely come in an event.
They purposefully made it so that you cannot trade Kyurem while its in its alternate form and so that you cannot have both forms in one game. I don't think they'll ever allow for us to be able to use both seeing as they want to keep them separate while one is fused. Seeing as all they'll do is trade the Key Item over to the new games, it'll keep its base effect just as Griseous Orb and Gracidea Flower.
Old April 4th, 2013 (06:35 PM).
Team Unova

I'm well aware tiers are fan made. I'm just saying Mewtwo is known for being a very powerful Pokémon to the community.

And for the Pichu part, he made it sound like Mewtwo would be the first Pokémon to get a form after its generation reveal. I know what differences Spiky-eared has.
Old April 4th, 2013 (06:39 PM).
Order Must Be Restored
Team Kanto

Nature: Relaxed
What kind of Pokemon do you all think will be revealed this weekend? I hope it's another evolution of a Pokemon we all know now or at least the first stage of this gen's bird.
Old April 4th, 2013 (06:48 PM).
Team Unova

Not sure but seeing the censored gameplay shot from the Pokémon Smash preview makes it looks like a pretty small Pokémon.

Sponsored Links