Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old April 6th, 2013 (04:26 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Hopefully, I don't want to hear peoples rants about it even a year after the games have come out like with some of the Unova Pokémon.

Have anyone noticed how thus far the only Pokémon revealed that weren't revealed in the trailer when the games were announced aka Sylveon and Mewtwo (forme)/three are connected to Kanto. May other Kanto Pokémon appear? Because it seems there's quite a focus on Kanto as of right now. I'm hoping we get some more original gen 6 and evolutions/ Pokémon related to gen 2-5.
Old April 6th, 2013 (04:34 PM).

Nature: Brave
I've noticed something on how Nintendo/Game Freak/whoever announced this: they never flat out said this "new Pokémon" is actually Mewtwo in any of the places revealing this. I know they want to make it worth talking about but the official YouTube trailer said it "bears an intriguing resemblance to the Legendary Mewtwo!" or something similar everywhere else.

I still believe this is in fact a Mewtwo form but we won't get a clear answer from the guys at Pokémon for maybe a while.
Old April 6th, 2013 (04:36 PM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Gary's Ho-oh:
I've noticed something on how Nintendo/Game Freak/whoever announced this: they never flat out said this "new Pokémon" is actually Mewtwo in any of the places revealing this. I know they want to make it worth talking about but the official YouTube trailer said it "bears an intriguing resemblance to the Legendary Mewtwo!"

I still believe this is in fact a Mewtwo form but we won't get a clear answer from the guys at Pokémon for maybe a while.
On the official website it is titled "Who is this new Pokémon?"
Old April 6th, 2013 (05:58 PM).
Silver Tier

It could be Gf trolling us by making this "New Pokémon" seem like a different species when it's actually Mewtwo...like the official site says X and Y just keep getting more mysterious.
Old April 6th, 2013 (06:25 PM).

And the film we know it will appear in (thanks to the leak) won't come out in Japan until July 13, a good 3 months from now. So it's going to be a LOOONG ride before we might get solid info.
Old April 6th, 2013 (06:27 PM).
Silver Tier

Same with Sylveon...well at least this reassures our thoughts about the Summer bringing a flood of Pokémon X and Y news.
Old April 6th, 2013 (06:38 PM).

I think there might be a big hint to this being a new pokemon...

On the pokemon website it says "This pokemon shares many traits with Mewtwo, including a light-purple body, and piercing, powerful eyes."

Why mention anything about the eyes? Seems kind of pointless, until you see that the two have both a different style and colour of eyes. No form change has ever changed the eyes of the pokemon, and there would really be no reason to. I also don't see why they would choose to take Mewtwo's tail and turn it into part of the head.
Old April 6th, 2013 (06:40 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by brica8:
I also don't see why they would choose to take Mewtwo's tail and turn it into part of the head.
This. So much this. A Mewtwo forme would still have a tail. This...thing has a normal waist and rear end.

I'm starting to believe the lovechild of Mewtwo and Jessie idea. #Joke

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 6th, 2013 (09:11 PM).
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
This looks SO much better than the poster. I was against the design but now i find it Kinda cool.
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:13 PM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
One thing for sure, this is gonna take for me to get used to it.

I don't really hate TOO much. I just really wish it wasn't true.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:20 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
If this Mewtwo clone really is a new Pokemon for XY, then we've finally have ourselves our Gen VI Lucario clone.
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:21 PM).

Not a HUUUGE fan but hey, it could have been worse. And we finally have something new to talk about. Though I wish they revealed a little bit more about Gen 6.
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:22 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
If this Mewtwo clone really is a new Pokemon for XY, then we've finally have ourselves our Gen VI Lucario clone.
As if that was going to be surprising. It was only a matter of time until we had ourselves a "Lucario/Zoroark" clone of some sort. Considering that this is a "Lucario" clone, as you put it, I wonder what's going to be the next Zoroark?

Old April 6th, 2013 (09:24 PM).
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Read this somewhere. What if This is a more perfect clone of Mew called Mewtwo X(or Y). This is in accordance with the genesect image where there are two boxes beneath Mewtwo. We'll have a Mewtwo X and a Mewtwo Y.
Old April 6th, 2013 (09:38 PM).

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecr0wFixatioN
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
As if that was going to be surprising. It was only a matter of time until we had ourselves a "Lucario/Zoroark" clone of some sort. Considering that this is a "Lucario" clone, as you put it, I wonder what's going to be the next Zoroark?

Makes me wonder if this would be a legendary or not. I can see it playing an important role plot wise possibly.
Old April 7th, 2013 (12:24 AM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
Its gonna be a new forme. Do you guys really see them giving us Mewtwo in the movie title, only for a new Pokemon to be the real star? No, me neither. Just how its gonna play out, I'm gonna say wait till CoroCoro. If we're getting a movie trailer on the 18th, is safe to assume that we might get something from CoroCoro with its event.

#328 Trapinch
Supporter Collab January 2015
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old April 7th, 2013 (12:40 AM).

Nature: Jolly
So I just came to the realization that this probably means Mewthree will get into smash bros over the original Mewtwo. D:

Also had another scare, what if they call this new pokemon Mewx or Mewxy? That would be terrible.

Lastly with the inclusion of this pokemon, do you think it might mean that Team Rocket will be the main villains in Pokemon XY?
Old April 7th, 2013 (12:55 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
So I just came to the realization that this probably means Mewthree will get into smash bros over the original Mewtwo. D:

Also had another scare, what if they call this new pokemon Mewx or Mewxy? That would be terrible.

Lastly with the inclusion of this pokemon, do you think it might mean that Team Rocket will be the main villains in Pokemon XY?
No they won't

A lot of people here seem to forget that in the games, Team Rocket had no relation to Mewtwo at all, Mewtwo was birthed by a group of scientists in a mansion on Cinnabar island, these scientists were independent and had no affiliation with Team Rocket whatsoever.
Mewtwo was only created by Team Rocket in the anime, which as we should all know by now, is non-canon. So no, Team Rocket will not be in X and Y cause of this new Mew clone, because they never had anything to do with Mew in the games at all.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old April 7th, 2013 (01:52 AM).
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
First glance, I was disapointed. But now I'm over it. It looks really awesome! I'm still hoping this is going to be a new Pokémon rather than a new Mewtwo forme.
The Pokemon Company International stated that this is a new Pokemon, but has a connection with Mewtwo. But hey, Mewtwo is also connected with Mew and these are still 2 different Pokemon. Mewthree?

And btw, we can savely say this is a Psychic type, right?

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old April 7th, 2013 (05:07 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

I'll say this, it is better than any previous formes in legendaries we've had (IMO) i.e Kyurem, Giratina, Keldeo etc. If it is a new Pokemon then even better!
Old April 7th, 2013 (05:50 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Elendil:
Its gonna be a new forme. Do you guys really see them giving us Mewtwo in the movie title, only for a new Pokemon to be the real star? No, me neither. Just how its gonna play out, I'm gonna say wait till CoroCoro. If we're getting a movie trailer on the 18th, is safe to assume that we might get something from CoroCoro with its event.
Movie titles aren't always final. Wouldn't be the first time that they had one title only to change it later on to prevent any kind of spoiler. If I remember right, they did it with the Zoroark movie.
Old April 7th, 2013 (06:43 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by KurtCobain:
An image is better here.

Also, I call fake. The poster was for B/W/B2/W2. It looks like a horrible Photoshop.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 7th, 2013 (06:47 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

This would have been more suited for the 20th anniversary if you ask me but I wonder what role it will play in game, Mewtwo could also be a major part of X & Y.
Old April 7th, 2013 (06:51 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
An image is better here.

Also, I call fake. The poster was for B/W/B2/W2. It looks like a horrible Photoshop.

But that poster might be giving a hint that our new Pokemon could be a new forme for Mewtwo rather than a new Pokemon related a Mewtwo, because it's placed on the same position as Mewtwo from the previous poster.
Old April 7th, 2013 (09:37 AM).

It'd be cool if it was some failed Mew experiment; hence the similarities to Mewtwo. I really hope it's not a Mewtwo evolution/alternate form-surely, even Gamefreak is not capable of producing such blasphemy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)