The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Advertise here
It could very well be a special Event that only occurs if you have Mewtwo/Mew leading your party, battling it. There would have to be a great story, too. Kind of like Sinjoh Ruins, if you will.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 8th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Forever
let it go

I just think it's a new forme with maybe a new typing? I mean that'd sorta be like a new Pokemon kinda?? :(
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I just think it's a new forme with maybe a new typing? I mean that'd sorta be like a new Pokemon kinda??
I don't see how it can be anything other than Psychic. Except Dark, mebbe. But if it's a Forme (which is still my guess), it could be a dual-type with Psychic and something else (Psychic/Dark?).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 8th, 2013, 09:22 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I see it as being Pure Psychic like the rest.

Around what time do you think all the mysteries will be told? or do you think GF will save most of the them for when the games actually come out aka for us the player to discover them.
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
But isn't the concept of a mirage Pokemon like Victini is that they had to have a cute appearance. This new Pokemon has a serious/intimidating appearance that's more suited as either one of three extra event legendaries or a Heatran/Regigigas/Cressilia type of legendary.
No where near what I meant. Victini was the first Legendary Give Away of Black and White. The New Mew thing is the first Legendary event of X and Y. Its the Gen 6 Victini in that way. Not once did I say it was to be a Mirage Legend. If I wanted to say that I would have listed all of the Mirage Legends, though to me it makes no sense for it to be a Mirage since its possibly another Mew Clone so it would have more than 600 Base power or its stat distribution won't be flat 100s.
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:58 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Maybe it'll just end up being like Keldeo's Resolute form, and not change anything but appearance.
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
If anything, I'm willing to bet that if you download the Unnerve Mewtwo being given away as promotion for the upcoming movie and transfer it into your copy of X or Y from B/W/B2/W2, then you can unlock and find the hidden Newtwo in the games. Or if it's a new form, then be able to have access to said form. This would be something similar to the Arceus event for DPPt > HG/SS and the Shiny Beasts Trio event for DPPt/HGSS > B/W before.
Old April 9th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
If anything, I'm willing to bet that if you download the Unnerve Mewtwo being given away as promotion for the upcoming movie and transfer it into your copy of X or Y from B/W/B2/W2, then you can unlock and find the hidden Newtwo in the games. Or if it's a new form, then be able to have access to said form. This would be something similar to the Arceus event for DPPt > HG/SS and the Shiny Beasts Trio event for DPPt/HGSS > B/W before.
Bing, I think you're onto something.

Cyclone

Old April 9th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
It seems like an incredibly limited and gimmicky way to get said "form", but I guess. u__u I mean, I'd honestly like it if it was something like a Wi-fi event or so, or something given through mystery gift, but I understand how this would make the most sense.
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Forever
let it go

I think that's the most likely way to get this new forme if it is a forme. I mean why else would they release it now in the Unova games when there's a much newer Mewtwo to come :(

Also, a little unrelated but I wanted to add in that I was watching the news which showed London and I was like, damn, that's totally X/Y! Or at least I saw an X/Y version in my head lool.
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Community Supporter

If it's the hidden ability Mewtwo, than may this new forme have a different ability? Perhaps it won't keep unnerve and gain something else sort of like the Kami Radar trio when turned back to their normal formes, they have their hidden abilities.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Khrysta

I feel like it should be mentioned that it is now after 8am April 10th in japan. CoroCoro leaks are expected anytime after now for the next 5 days. I doubt we're getting anything new, but hope for at least the name of Majin Mew.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Community Supporter

I think we'll get them around the 12th this time, but who knows. I'm hoping that they'll show the other one, or even tell us if there's another at all.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I doubt we're getting anything new, but hope for at least the name of Majin Mew.
Is there an explanation?

Cyclone

Old April 9th, 2013, 02:30 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I think the DNA Splicer will factor into NewMew. The item has to be in the new games for Kyurem to change forms, so they might as well add new pokemon to interact with the DNA Splicers.

And people seem to think XY is genetic themed. DNA Splicers and the Mew Family would reinforce this.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I dunno if they even will give us more info on NewMew, I have the feeling they will hold it back for a while.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Is there an explanation?

Cyclone
All news reports following a big release for X and Y have little to nothing new info wise. On original release, all they added were starter type confirmations and legends' names. Sylveon comes out and Smash reveals less info than CoroCoro. Big mewtwo info just released. Why update the site only to reupdate it a little over a week later? CoroCoro is probably going to mirror the main sites. Repeat the "new pokemon" thing, show majin mew, a few of the 3d clips, give no extra info and repeat movie posters.

I hope we get more info on it and Sylveon like everyone else. Most info presented says its not very likely though.
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
And people seem to think XY is genetic themed.
Those who commented on the Japanese logo state the proof is right in the logo, so it's considered a fact at this point.

Cyclone

Old April 9th, 2013, 03:46 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I don't think they will tell anymore about NewMew until the movie comes out. They reveled this Pokemon at this time to promote the movie. They want you to see the movie to learn the name and story of NewMew.

They should just tell us Slyveon's Type already. It must be Flying... Normal... Pink TYPE?
Old April 9th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Scorpiopt

this image really made me tought of the possibility of the new mew being a fusion

Old April 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

But once again, how does the tail migrate to the head?

I'm leaning more towards a failed experiment like Mewtwo. Forme doesn't match the tail moving.

Cyclone

Old April 9th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
But once again, how does the tail migrate to the head?
How do Pokémon like Magikarp and Feebas evolve into Gyarados and Milotic respectively? How does Dewott evolve into something like Samurott? Sometimes a Pokémon's evolution just doesn't make sense or GameFreak doesn't feel the need to follow logic. Things like this just happen, because it's what GameFreak wants to do.

If Newtwo is some sort of new form for Mewtwo, it wouldn't be out of this world to believe that its tail moved to its head. Stranger things have definitely happened. I don't think it's an evolution for Mewtwo though, and I hope GameFreak doesn't delve further into Pokémon fusion than they already have. If anything, it's either a new form or as yourself and others believe, a standalone Pokémon who's deemed as a failed experiment; I'm rooting for the latter.
Old April 9th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Pokemon dosent always follow logic. Sky forme Shaymin looks vastly different than Land Shaymin, but is still the same Pokemon. I think it's still very likely that is is a new Mewtwo forme.
Old April 9th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Yamiidenryuu

Keep in mind that we're getting a new movie trailer on the 18th that's supposed to shed some light on Newtwo. Given that, there probably won't be that much on it in Corocoro, which is officially released just a couple days before that.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old April 9th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
How do Pokémon like Magikarp and Feebas evolve into Gyarados and Milotic respectively? How does Dewott evolve into something like Samurott? Sometimes a Pokémon's evolution just doesn't make sense or GameFreak doesn't feel the need to follow logic. Things like this just happen, because it's what GameFreak wants to do.

If Newtwo is some sort of new form for Mewtwo, it wouldn't be out of this world to believe that its tail moved to its head. Stranger things have definitely happened. I don't think it's an evolution for Mewtwo though, and I hope GameFreak doesn't delve further into Pokémon fusion than they already have. If anything, it's either a new form or as yourself and others believe, a standalone Pokémon who's deemed as a failed experiment; I'm rooting for the latter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
Pokemon dosent always follow logic. Sky forme Shaymin looks vastly different than Land Shaymin, but is still the same Pokemon. I think it's still very likely that is is a new Mewtwo forme.
Kinda going off both of these:

Its the same Pokemon, but its body goes through very drastic changes. Skin added, reforms, removes, and thickens. Its head gets new, longer appendages in speed form, spikes in attack, and becomes a domed block in defense.

Migrating parts really that uncommon even with form changes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here