The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 10th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Exactly. The one sealed away was the Claydol, and even in that episode it's referred to as seeking a certain person, and ends up destroying everything. Kind of weird as I thought that Claydol evil.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 11th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky
The only way I could see Mewthree being "evil" is if maybe it is a being made up of all the evil inside Mewtwo, like Buu in DBZ. I seriously doubt it, but that's the only way I see it that way.
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
No Pokemon is inherently evil. We have a few with Red eyes as well. The main site simply says his eyes show power which could be a hint that he's stronger than we may think. I don't think this new one will be evil.
Unfortunately, I don't think there are any Pokemon that are forever evil...other then that evil minded Togepi. I wish there was though a 'forever evil" Pokemon with zero soft side. But it's a long shot though, so nope hope on that one.

Last edited by Iqid Loopz; April 11th, 2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Wrong description of Togepi
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqid Loopz View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think there are any Pokemon that are forever evil...other then that demonic and possessed Togepi. I wish there was though a 'forever evil" Pokemon with zero soft side. But it's a long shot though, so nope hope on that one.
Not to get off track with anime discussion, but to promote the discussion of whether a Pokémon can be evil, I link the episode synopsis. I haven't watched this one yet.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 11th, 2013, 08:40 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I see this NewMew as possibly being more vicious/destructive (like Giratina almost who is said to have been banned due to it's actions almost like Susano'O in Shinto Mythology (Susano'O is still nice though, just rebellous)) than actually evil.
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:31 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Something to remember is that Red and Ash are still separate characters, hence Yellow which was based on the anime in giving you only Pikachu to use as a starter. In that game, you literally play as Ash Ketchum. Thus you have the four different people in the anime who started their adventure at the same time.

And yes, I like callbacks.

Cyclone
Hmmm…does that mean that those who woke up at the right time to get their Pokémon in the anime are the trainers from the games—i.e.: the Pokémon Adventures stars? Maybe Ash will meet Red someday! Or…maybe that would be a little awkward, especially since GameFreak would probably have to implement the ability to pick between Red, Ash, Blue/Gary, and Green and follow their stories in whatever game is the next remake of R/G/B/Y/FR/LG, which probably won't happen until way after the Hoenn remakes (come on, GameFreak, I want a copy of Sapphire back now!)

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
Hmmm…does that mean that those who woke up at the right time to get their Pokémon in the anime are the trainers from the games—i.e.: the Pokémon Adventures stars? Maybe Ash will meet Red someday! Or…maybe that would be a little awkward, especially since GameFreak would probably have to implement the ability to pick between Red, Ash, Blue/Gary, and Green and follow their stories in whatever game is the next remake of R/G/B/Y/FR/LG, which probably won't happen until way after the Hoenn remakes (come on, GameFreak, I want a copy of Sapphire back now!)
Technically, Gary is Blue. However, in Yellow, the Rival character is a completely independent character who is not actually represented in any form in the anime (there have always been only four Trainers from Pallet Town). You could say the anime ignores this fifth Trainer.

I'd find it neat if the anime names made an appearance, but don't count on it.

Cyclone

Old April 11th, 2013, 11:15 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Again with the challenge mode? Difficulty settings do not belong in JRPGs, at all, because of the use of turn-based text windows, the post-game material, and the fact that you'll still overlevel your opponents. Haven't you learn anything from Extra Creditz's video about Pokemon difficulty curve? It's suppose to be one of those games that suppose simple to play through(the basic elements like type effectiveness and switch outs) but hard to master (Effort Values and Individual Values).
Can I have a link to this video? I can't seem to find it anywhere (I did find Penny Arcade's Extra Credits videos—you know, the industry commentary—, though, so it's kind of funny how that works…)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
If a challenge mode were introduced, I'd suggest to create a second storyline and send the player to all of the Gyms a second time around, challenging much more difficult teams. The badges can be enhanced versions, like having a golden treatment to them or something. Once all badges are collected again, the final E4 of the game has something like Lv.80 Pokémon with all the extra experience you've been gaining. There can even be a new Victory Road, and you can't rechallenge the E4 until you are eligible the second time, instead of being able to go right back. New benefits can be tied to the second round of badges, and thus you can for instance have Lv.70 trades stop obeying you with all eight "normal" Badges, etc. (No using high-level Events the first time!)

It would be neat if the second storyline goes through new areas that have the much tougher Pokémon you can train against.

Admit it, you like this idea.

Cyclone
I might keep a copy of this idea in my Project Aeonn folder…seriously, it's that good, especially since it fits very well with how big I made my Aeonn region. It's a pity, though, that I haven't gotten around to posting stuff about it online (but maybe I shouldn't since I'm planning to actually make the game…?)

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; April 11th, 2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 11th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Doesn't really matter how well respected a person that has nothing to do with the actual company is says. Spiritomb wasn't made to be evil and nothing official says it is evil. If the user thinks that Spiritomb is evil then that's simply his opinion, not fact. Neither of its Pokedex's say its evil. In the anime episode it was sealed away for causing misdeeds as all Ghost Pokemon do. It was sealed away by a passing aura monk who didn't take kindly to Spiritomb's tormenting. When it was accidentally awoken it rampaged out of anger. A lot of animals do that too when provoked. Doesn't make them evil.
Wouldn't it not be an opinion if it was proven wrong by the official info of Spiritomb?

Quote:
Can I have a link to this video? I can't seem to find it anywhere (I did find Penny Arcade's Extra Credits videos—you know, the industry commentary—, though, so it's kind of funny how that works…)
Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWFzF...Uydg&index=114
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
It's the 12th, so we may be getting some CoroCoro scans later tonight. I'm not expecting much other than more movie details with a new poster perhaps, and maybe some extra details on Newtwo.

...a name would be nice.
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Completely forgot about CoroCoro but I'm half expecting it to just cover the recent Mewtwo forme news we've had.

Old April 12th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Guy
just a guy

With the small amount of information CoroCoro has given us in January and February and with nothing in last month's issue, I can't really blame you for forgetting about it. Not to mention, since the recent news of Newtwo being announced from Pokémon Smash, I think people's expectations of what to expect this month are much lower.
Old April 12th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Community Supporter

And even if we don't get anything this time around we still have the Trailer for the movie which promises to show Newmew on the 18th. So we should know something new around next week.
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Wouldn't it not be an opinion if it was proven wrong by the official info of Spiritomb?
No, being proven wrong by official info makes it an opinion if its still believed.

Leaks have started.

Its about Mewthree again and said to contain a mini comic based on the movie.

Last edited by Khrysta; April 12th, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Community Supporter

Ah Comic, no wonder Ash's face looks more kidish looking, I was wondering why that was. Maybe it'll have the trailer info?
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I doubt it, they'll probably hold back for the trailer. I dont really expect anything of interest this month in CoroCoro, they'll probably just repeat what was revealed on Smash.
Old April 12th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Maybe it'll how sneak peek of the comic version that contains Mewthree?
Old April 12th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
With the small amount of information CoroCoro has given us in January and February and with nothing in last month's issue, I can't really blame you for forgetting about it. Not to mention, since the recent news of Newtwo being announced from Pokémon Smash, I think people's expectations of what to expect this month are much lower.
This, pretty much. I mean, I've spoken to an IRL friend earlier, and he told me that his expectations are pretty low for what's to come, and it's kind of saddening, hearing that. I mean, I personally don't mind what has been released so far (maybe because I like to play the game for myself before judging how it really is), but that's just me. At first, I was peeved by Newtwo, but really, it's just not so bad anymore after a while. It just takes some getting used to, is all.
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Corocoro has been leaked!
Not much information has been revealed, but the movie poster with Newtwo replacing Mewtwo is indeed real and is shown in the magazine. There's going to be a trailer on April 18th featuring Newtwo, so maybe some clearer information?
Also not to forget, Corocoro states this is a new Mewtwo Forme, and the movie title; 'Extremespeed Genesect and the Awakening of Mewtwo' represents that forme as it is the awakening of Mewtwo.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Forever
let it go

With that in mind, Smash is tomorrow. Could we be seeing a preview to a preview of something next week??
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Incredibly annoyed that this wasn't a separate Pokemon. Like, why does Mewtwo need to be changed? This is my first time actually being disappointed with something new in Pokemon. I was perfectly happy with the idea of it being a different Mew clone. I'll get over it, but I still wish it was it's own entity.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old April 13th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Yeah, I'm also kind of disappointed in Mewthree being a Newtwo. It's getting rather tiring to have all these new forms for old Pokemon, some of which don't even need to be updated. I would have found Newtwo more appealing if it was a whole new clone, instead of just a weird change to a previous one. Hoping the trailer will start to swing my mind around to at least kind of liking this thing. It looks better than the original Mewtwo, I find.

Wondering how that would work, though. What would cause Mewtwo to change forms?
Old April 13th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I've said this before and I'll say it again here: Why does Mewtwo even need a form? Newtwo was fine when it was speculated to be some distant cousin or something like that (which was actually really cool and would've preferred that), but a new form altogether is really going to put people off.

I really hope future news isn't going to travel down this road. I feel that (especially going by the recent replies in this thread) that something new would finally be a breather instead of having the same dog in a new winter coat, so to speak.
Old April 13th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I've said this before and I'll say it again here: Why does Mewtwo even need a form? Newtwo was fine when it was speculated to be some distant cousin or something like that (which was actually really cool and would've preferred that), but a new form altogether is really going to put people off.

I really hope future news isn't going to travel down this road. I feel that (especially going by the recent replies in this thread) that something new would finally be a breather instead of having the same dog in a new winter coat, so to speak.
My guess is that since X/Y are supposedly going to revolve around a theme of genetics, GameFreak decided to jump on the opportunity of bringing back relevance to Mewtwo again while commercializing the return of an old fan favorite to possibly attract and persuade older fans to buy the games. Mewtwo never needed a new form, but GameFreak wanted it to.

I agree on your later statement though. Excluding the version mascots and starters, everything we've been given since have been connected to older generations, specifically the First Gen. I'm hoping the next set of new Pokèmon we get in the months to come are more X/Y native rather than ones connected to generations past.
Old April 13th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
My guess is that since X/Y are supposedly going to revolve around a theme of genetics, GameFreak decided to jump on the opportunity of bringing back relevance to Mewtwo again while commercializing the return of an old fan favorite to possibly attract and persuade older fans to buy the games. Mewtwo never needed a new form, but GameFreak wanted it to.
This is exactly the reason. When I translated the movie title in Google Translate, while it's not perfect, even it gave the word "awakening" to me, and I immediately knew that this was a new Forme of Mewtwo. So I've been thinking about it ever since.

And what do I think? I think it's cool. I don't see a problem with Mewtwo getting a new Forme; after all, if we can have Tangrowth and Porygon-Z after three generations, and new Eeveelutions after five, why not continue the unfinished story of a Legendary? They are going back to their first movie and making a sequel, if you will. Sequels, of course, often don't do as well, but this is Pokémon and the most popular (I think) Pokémon in the history of the game.

Even those who don't like the idea are going to be intrigued and go see the movie in Japan. And only then can people actually say what they really think.

Cyclone

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links