Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old April 17th, 2013 (06:35 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I'd also be happy to receive very little information, it would make the games more enjoyable once they're released. Although I do agree with the above about the most information circulating around the summer.
Old April 17th, 2013 (12:55 PM). Edited April 17th, 2013 by BraveNewWorld.
The Breaker

Nature: Adamant
One thing that I'd like to see is a skippable tutorial/intro. Just give me my starter Pokemon, five Pokeballs, and Pokedex and let me start playing.
Old April 17th, 2013 (01:13 PM).
just a guy
, CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by BraveNewWorld:
One things that I'd like to see is a skippable tutorial/intro. Just give me my starter Pokemon, five Pokeballs, and Pokedex and let me start playing.

Well said.

This has actually been brought up before and I know a lot of people here, myself included, would prefer having the basic tutorials be made optional. I don't think fans that have been playing the games for 15+ years now needs to go through the same basic concept at the beginning of each new game every time.

Or like some people said, just give us the Teachy TV again. That was fun.
Old April 17th, 2013 (01:36 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
Well said.

This has actually been brought up before and I know a lot of people here, myself included, would prefer having the basic tutorials be made optional. I don't think fans that have been playing the games for 15+ years now needs to go through the same basic concept at the beginning of each new game every time.

Or like some people said, just give us the Teachy TV again. That was fun.
Seriously, you need to learn how to catch Pokémon again. The button you push is different, we must teach you which buttons to push!

Yes, that is the single thing I'd like to knock out, also. Make tutorials optional.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 17th, 2013 (02:05 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Nature: Quiet
I really don't even pay attention to the tutorials anymore, sadly. I actually forget that they exist by this point, that's how oblivious I am to them. :x

Old April 17th, 2013 (04:49 PM).
Unburden Belly Drum
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
The symbol that Sylveon appears in reminds me of a feather (the bottom part, specifically), but I guess it's still not too specific yet. It's still cool to see how Sylveon attacks with its ribbons!
Old April 17th, 2013 (05:00 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
It also does that room attack I don't know if that's an anime exclusive power or if its one of the various room attacks. Though it kinda beats the point of it being flying type and gives it a more mystical air.
Old April 17th, 2013 (05:08 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

There's going to be a heck of a lot more speculation about a new-type, especially since that screenshot you provided, Xander, basically hardly helped at all. xD My only real guess is just Dragon at this point, but I thought GF was already getting tired of the type speculation and was beginning to unveil (if not, getting close to) it's typing already.

If it's a new type, let's hope it's something sensible and something that won't stick out like a sore thumb. And something that's actually needed.

Old April 17th, 2013 (05:21 PM).

Well they have the part where Sylveon warps the space around them into that crystal looking background where Vaporeon and Glaceon do a combination attack for something. That could be a hint to her type though its not a very solid thing. Some people are saying Astral type.
Old April 17th, 2013 (06:23 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I hope not unless they change Palkia to Astral/Dragon...I doubt it though. Could it be trick room? Or maybe a new room move?
Old April 17th, 2013 (07:21 PM).

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I hope not unless they change Palkia to Astral/Dragon...I doubt it though. Could it be trick room? Or maybe a new room move?
They don't have to change any previous Pokemon if a new type is introduced. It can be new Pokemon onward only.

I thought it was a room move too but it doesn't really match any.
Old April 17th, 2013 (07:26 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
They don't have to change any previous Pokemon if a new type is introduced. It can be new Pokemon onward only.

I thought it was a room move too but it doesn't really match any.
I don't really think it's a move at all. Maybe it's just using some internal psychic ability of some sort? Latias didn't use a move when it projected through Latios' eyes (at least, it's not a KNOWN move, it's just shared telepathy, I believe). So in this case, I believe it's the same thing if not similar.

Old April 17th, 2013 (07:37 PM).

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
I don't really think it's a move at all. Maybe it's just using some internal psychic ability of some sort? Latias didn't use a move when it projected through Latios' eyes (at least, it's not a KNOWN move, it's just shared telepathy, I believe). So in this case, I believe it's the same thing if not similar.
They are also Legendary Pokemon. Legendary Pokemon always break all the rules. They also introduced an ability called Telepathy in Gen 5. Gardevoir was able to do something like that but that's part of their powers. We know nothing about Sylveon so assuming its a power is the same as assuming its an attack. Neither of us are right and neither of us are wrong.
Old April 17th, 2013 (10:27 PM).

Nature: Jolly
What are you guys talking about, did they show more Sylveon footage?
Old April 18th, 2013 (02:57 AM). Edited April 18th, 2013 by Guy.
just a guy
, CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
What are you guys talking about, did they show more Sylveon footage?
Yup, and you can check it out here. Right below my post Xander also posts a screenshot from the trailer showing each Eeveelution inside their own sort of badge that represents their type. Naturally, Sylveon's makes no sense.
Old April 18th, 2013 (05:09 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
Yup, and you can check it out here. Right below my post Xander also posts a screenshot from the trailer showing each Eeveelution inside their own sort of badge that represents their type. Naturally, Sylveon's makes no sense.
And thats kind of an unfortunate thing. You'd normally expect "hey, GF should finally reveal something obvious about it's type at this point!". So far, we've dissected the name, the design, color, ribbons, just about everything we can think of (and next is that badge) and still hardly anything. D:

Though it at least probably helps that Normal is eliminated. Seems I was wrong from that, haha. Something tells me it's really not Normal, but rather just Flying or Dragon or something like that, really. .___. Either way, it shouldn't have to be so ambiguous.

Old April 18th, 2013 (05:15 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I haven't come across this until now, interesting the way all of the frames represent their typing and then Sylveon is unknown. Could it just be a placeholder until we are made aware of it's typing? or could it be a whole new type?
Old April 18th, 2013 (05:18 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

At this point, I wouldn't even care if it's a new type anymore. As long as it makes sense. xD

Old April 18th, 2013 (05:32 AM).
No thinking. Just stupid.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I'm still more leaning toward Flying type, but that egg Sylveon's in could indicate just about anything so a new type is also becoming more likely at this point and more acceptable for me.
Old April 18th, 2013 (05:36 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Well they have the part where Sylveon warps the space around them into that crystal looking background where Vaporeon and Glaceon do a combination attack for something. That could be a hint to her type though its not a very solid thing. Some people are saying Astral type.
In other words, a space type? Well we've already have Clefairy line, Lunatone, Solrock, Jirachi, Deoxys, Palkia, and Elgyem line as perfect candidates for this type, and GF has been breaking tradition lately, so the theory of previous Pokemon not getting a new type on its introduction could be broken as well.
Old April 18th, 2013 (05:42 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Well the colour pink represented the poison type in Mystery Dungeon. Of course that means nothing really.
Old April 18th, 2013 (05:45 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by BraveNewWorld:
One thing that I'd like to see is a skippable tutorial/intro. Just give me my starter Pokemon, five Pokeballs, and Pokedex and let me start playing.
:( That's so boring though. Don't you enjoy the creativity of early on telling you of why you need to go on this huge journey? Some ~reason~ to go on your journey??
Old April 18th, 2013 (05:51 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Quote originally posted by Forever:
That's so boring though. Don't you enjoy the creativity of early on telling you of why you need to go on this huge journey? Some ~reason~ to go on your journey??
Not to mention seeing the backside of an NPC which may be the only time to see it in-game like the old man in Gen 1 and Professor Juniper in Gen 5.
Old April 18th, 2013 (08:38 AM).
Gold Tier

I can see a Space/Celestial/Cosmic type. Why not? I think it might be cool and it would make sense. Id actually like to see it happen.

I do think Sylveon might be a new type still and I think that even more now.
Old April 18th, 2013 (10:17 AM). Edited April 18th, 2013 by RandomDSdevel.
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
That's on the official site! You know what: look at the empty slots underneath Mewtwo. I think we're getting formes. Not pre-evos (it can't breed, remember), but definitely formes to me at this point. This is why Mewtwo is a feature in the movie.

Cyclone
Off-topic: I've always wished, though, that the legendaries could breed…but that's only because I want to get them without having the other person who gave them to me lose their copies. It probably won't ever happen…oh, well.

Quote originally posted by Gary's Ho-oh:
…The only way I can see Game Freak ruining any old Pokémon is they either ditch the old design of the Pokémon altogether (Jynx doesn't count)…
Wait…what happened to Jynx?

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
If anything, they'll ramp up the info in the month leading to release. Otherwise, I can't predict. Maybe three months before they'll post more screenshots and another trailer.

Cyclone
They might show something off at E3, too; after all, it is the big annual gaming conference. If not, maybe a Nintendo Direct will come out at about the same time or something.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)