The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #4201    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:45 AM
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Just had a small discussion about what Fairy could be strong/weak against.

Poison came up due to warranted belief that it needs a boost. Though based on old stories and the old ambiguous meaning and grouping for Fairy, it didn't really make sense...I started looking through some old info I had as well as various sites and remembered about Cold Iron. Iron was used to ward on Spirits, Fairies, Witches and other Malevolent Supernatural beings.

If they follow this Steel should be SE and resist Fairy type

Just to kinda play off, what do you think Fairy would be Super Effective against, be weak to, immune to or resist?
Super Effective Against: Fighting, Dragon (unless we go under Fairly Odd Parents logic on Dragons being impervious to magic)

Weak to: Dark, Steel, Electric

Resistant to: Fairy, Fighting, Psychic

Types Who Resist It: Fairy, Steel, Psychic
__________________
Credit goes to grundo80 from imgur for the gif
  #4202    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:27 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Pokémon is almost 20 years old, it feels too late to add a new type in my opinion.
No? .__. Gamefreak can add in a new type whenever they feel like it, it's not really "too late" for anything. If they really feel like a new type is necessary, then they'll go for it. Going by what Xander said, if I recall correctly (we had a bit of a discussion about this), GF pays attention to just about almost everything, even the competitive metagame. So it should come as no surprise to anyone if they announce something new regarding types or anything of that nature. Whether they do it now, or whether they do it in the next generation is completely up to them.

How it'll fit into the typing chart is a bit of a challenge of course, but isn't that usually the case with adding in new types? It's only a few minor hurdles to jump through, and have somewhat of a logical basis behind these types and you're pretty much set.
  #4203    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Personally I'd say the 'Fairy' type is strong against Dark. If Fairy translates to 'light', like the above poster said then the concept does make sense in a way. In books generally or it's well-known that light overcomes dark. Dark being super effective against Fairy could also work but I would like to see something like this. I can't think of what it could possibly be immune to though so I'll figure that one out later. n_n
In most books where Light overcomes the Darkness, Darkness is also overpowering light to the point that is is almost snuffed out. Light overcoming Darkness is a metaphor more than half the time meaning no matter how hard or dire a situation is, it can always be overcome with perseverance and will. Light doesn't simply go out it still exists so it can eventually become stronger. Though in the same books Darkness devours light. As in the darkness consumes the will of those and makes them weaker.

So even with the two most common relations Light is strong against Dark and weak against dark while Dark can be immune to light.
  #4204    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:12 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
I personally see it like this: Since both Light and Darkness clash so much with each other, it would make sense that they would both be "immune" from each other, in that sense. As long as darkness exists, there will be the light that would extinguish it. As long as Light exists, Darkness will be there to envelop it and weaken those that are of light.

That, or just make them super-effective against each other. Either or would work, unless that's pretty much what you just said. u_u
  #4205    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Guy's Avatar
Guy
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Pokémon is almost 20 years old, it feels too late to add a new type in my opinion.
If the timeline of X/Y takes place after B2W2, then they can easily introduce a new type as a new discovery.
  #4206    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 08:44 AM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Speaking of timelines....it'd actually be interesting if these games take place more distantly into the future. No offense to those who take an interest in B/W, but I kind of want X/Y to separate itself from that, and cut off (some) ties with the fifth generation, having it's own standalone time period, if that makes sense. Like, perhaps five years or so after the events in B/W, rather than just one or two years, enough that people would kind of remember what happened in Unova, but not really pay much attention to it otherwise.
  #4207    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:03 AM
RandomDSdevel's Avatar
RandomDSdevel
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
One thing that I'd like to see is a skippable tutorial/intro. Just give me my starter Pokemon, five Pokeballs, and Pokedex and let me start playing.
Either that or a tutorial which would lead you into figuring things out on your own would be cool by me, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
They don't have to change any previous Pokemon if a new type is introduced. It can be new Pokemon onward only.

I thought it was a room move too but it doesn't really match any.
GameFreak has changed certain Pokémon's typings before, even if that was just changing the Magnemite/-ton/-zone evolution family's typing from pure Electric to a mix of Electric and Steel. It has also changed move animations between generations, too, if I remember correctly.
__________________
___________________________________________________________________________________
Some Random Cucco: My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; April 22nd, 2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
  #4208    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I would still use the tutorial on the first play of any new generation game, idk why but it's a must have for me even if I do know how to play.
__________________


  #4209    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Troye's Avatar
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
There will always be some sort of loophole where it would totally possible to introduce a new typing into the games, but that doesn't mean that they have to/should. We really have no idea what's going on in the heads of Game Freak/Nintendo, and the Fairy-type rumor is just that: a rumor. It could be possible, but I really hope not =x
__________________
  #4210    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
There will always be some sort of loophole where it would totally possible to introduce a new typing into the games, but that doesn't mean that they have to/should. We really have no idea what's going on in the heads of Game Freak/Nintendo, and the Fairy-type rumor is just that: a rumor. It could be possible, but I really hope not =x
I don't think that it'll be a bad thing if it'll be introduced, but I hope it'll just be re-named into something different. .___. Fairy-type...I dunno. It could be something better without being named like that, I guess?
  #4211    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Fairfolk type? That's an alternate name for fairies as they were easily offended if one called them fairies, so the legends I've read say. Maybe it could be called Magic type or something along those lines as Fairies are magical.
__________________
Stand for Life
  #4212    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Magic-type seems a lot better, imo.
  #4213    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:22 PM
Navy Blue's Avatar
Navy Blue
Artist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Texas, USA
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Yeah, Magic would fit better than Fairy as it is an element(-ish).
Imagine, Sylveon, Magic type :D
__________________

Good day.
  #4214    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
If that is a new-type, then I really can't wait to see the kinds of Magic-types we'll have. n___n;; And then there'll be a Magic-type Gym leader, and E4, and the list goes on~!

...It's kind of strange now, how I've shifted from being on the fence about new types to now being kind of for it. :x
  #4215    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:43 PM
Altairis's Avatar
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: database database
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
If this Fairy type were to be introduced, I imagine it being a mix of Psychic and Dragon, since (I'm guessing Xander would correct me on this. xD), Dragons/Fairies are both mythical, to some sort of extent? I imagine them also have strong telepathic abilities, at least to the extent that they could pull off what Sylveon pulled off in the movie trailer.
That's what I would think. I would actually totally be okay with it if it was another Dragonlike type. except I would probably think of Fairy Tail everytime I saw the word Fairy in Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I don't agree with Retyping though. There's no need to retype especially since that ruins Metagame more than just adding in a new type.
I don't think retyping would "ruin" the metagame because with each new generation, metagames get entirely reconstructed. They don't just keep the same tiers and change around a few Pokemon, since there are new abilities, attacks, kinds of Pokemon, the entire thing shifts. Weather wasn't used as much until Politoed and Ninetales got their DW abilities, and for a while OU entirely revolved around weather. (I don't seriously OU as much anymore but there was definitely a time of only weather back on PO) As such, non-weather benefitters don't get used as much and the metagame shifts. So there really isn't a reason not to do something because of the metagame. n_n (ALSO I WAS ASSUMING YOU MEANT COMPETITIVE? SORRY)
__________________


showdowngalleryanimepairfamily
  #4216    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:00 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
That's what I would think. I would actually totally be okay with it if it was another Dragonlike type. except I would probably think of Fairy Tail everytime I saw the word Fairy in Pokemon.



I don't think retyping would "ruin" the metagame because with each new generation, metagames get entirely reconstructed. They don't just keep the same tiers and change around a few Pokemon, since there are new abilities, attacks, kinds of Pokemon, the entire thing shifts. Weather wasn't used as much until Politoed and Ninetales got their DW abilities, and for a while OU entirely revolved around weather. (I don't seriously OU as much anymore but there was definitely a time of only weather back on PO) As such, non-weather benefitters don't get used as much and the metagame shifts. So there really isn't a reason not to do something because of the metagame. n_n (ALSO I WAS ASSUMING YOU MEANT COMPETITIVE? SORRY)

Metagame is only competitive gaming. And what I mean, We have set Pokemon already. They get retyped and take a huge hit thanks to the new types by doubling their weaknesses and barely increasing any strengths.

Look at Fairy for example. Blissey line if to get Fairy can take a huge hit as their only weakness is Fighting. Fairy is say weak to Steel and...Dark for argument sake, now Blissey is weak to 2 common types. Blissey was used to wall thing with her bulky HP but now has 3 weaknesses. Say they add Rock. She is also now weak to Steath Rock which cripples her effectiveness.

Some other new type idea: They release a Magic type. Say its strong against Ghost. Ghost Pokemon that weren't that used are now used less.

While the chances to increase more pokemon's potential it messes with just as many if not more by hindering them further. Rebalancing the type chart isn't really the major issue. Pokemon that have existed for 5 generations are at risk of potentially huge crippling factors. Imagine Gardevoir getting Fairy typed and it being weak to Dark. She now has a x4 weakness to dark types which really hurts her.

Clefairy's line isn't that used though she's an ok pokemon with Gen 4 and 5 updates. She gains new weaknesses which prevent her use even more. The entire tier list would shift when introducing a new type. That is an apparent given and what most Metagaming members fear the most...which is why so many are against adding more types. It ruins what they've mastered already and they'd have to completely rework teams.

I'm not against adding new types. There is just a lot of hurt that is going to come in. It would be both a blessing and a curse as it resets the competitive field for a short time much like Gen 5 did when all the tournaments were only allowing Gen 5 Pokemon. It would probably take longer for them to balance out teams with new types added in than just new Pokemon, but that still remains that during that time the Metagame would have been destroyed and would have to be rebuilt from the ground up.
  #4217    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:55 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
You've got a point there, it would be a big change given how big the metagame has become since the last time they've added types. Gen 2 could get away with it, but I'm not so sure gen 6 can.
__________________
Stand for Life
  #4218    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:01 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I'm not against adding new types. There is just a lot of hurt that is going to come in. It would be both a blessing and a curse as it resets the competitive field for a short time much like Gen 5 did when all the tournaments were only allowing Gen 5 Pokemon. It would probably take longer for them to balance out teams with new types added in than just new Pokemon, but that still remains that during that time the Metagame would have been destroyed and would have to be rebuilt from the ground up.
Honestly though...can the metagame actually get any worse than it is now? Be honest with yourself. I mean, not a lot of people are fans of B/W or what BW2 had to offer in terms of competitive, and if anything, starting over completely fresh would be welcome in some's minds. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that 4th gen's metagame was the superior one over 5th gen, as there was a lot that 5th gen pretty much ruined. OU is now a boring mix of toed/tar/ninetails/insert scizor/latios/dragon counter here, and that's really all you're going to see 9 times out of 10. What else is there? OU is lacking in variety, and what it lacks, the more underused tiers make up for it (such as UU/NU or even RU, for example).

In my honest opinion, I feel that introducing a new type would most likely freshen things up a bit more than anything else. Would it still carry consequence? Of course! But with what we've got now, are we really losing anything significant? Not really.
  #4219    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:12 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Honestly though...can the metagame actually get any worse than it is now? Be honest with yourself. I mean, not a lot of people are fans of B/W or what BW2 had to offer in terms of competitive, and if anything, starting over completely fresh would be welcome in some's minds. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that 4th gen's metagame was the superior one over 5th gen, as there was a lot that 5th gen pretty much ruined. OU is now a boring mix of toed/tar/ninetails/insert scizor/latios/dragon counter here, and that's really all you're going to see 9 times out of 10. What else is there? OU is lacking in variety, and what it lacks, the more underused tiers make up for it (such as UU/NU or even RU, for example).

In my honest opinion, I feel that introducing a new type would most likely freshen things up a bit more than anything else. Would it still carry consequence? Of course! But with what we've got now, are we really losing anything significant? Not really.
We're losing everything that we currently have. That's highly significant. Other than the nostolgia rage, this is the biggest reason new types aren't wanted by people.

Gen 5 changed some aspects of the Meta. Saying it didn't and saying Gen 5 ruined Meta are two contradicting statements. Gen 5 removed the OP'd set ups and then re-balanced some of the Pokemon with new abilities that lowered their use or upped their use. The balances were small enough that there weren't huge shifts.

While I don't not want a new type, I'd be inclined to agree with the metagame whines about how bad a new type would completely ruin the current set up. Sure Rain teams will redominate the battle unless Gen 6 restructures Weather effects to increase the ones that lack or debuff the current headers so that non weather teams have more chances.

Kinda hoping they introduce more Weather killers like they ended up doing with Psyduck. Maybe even more items that kill weather effects or abilities. There's more they can do to re-balance the metagame without introducing new types. They'd be smaller updates and the shifts would be smaller rather than throwing everything we have now into the trash and starting from scratch which is actually a lot harder. Someone new has a better chance as they don't have all the old stuff programmed into them. Older ones will try to use the old combos and teams only to get upset that their time was wasted since the new stuff completely ruined what they had been doing for a while.

Completely shifting is ruining until everything is rebuilt.
  #4220    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:26 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
We're losing everything that we currently have. That's highly significant. Other than the nostolgia rage, this is the biggest reason new types aren't wanted by people.

Gen 5 changed some aspects of the Meta. Saying it didn't and saying Gen 5 ruined Meta are two contradicting statements. Gen 5 removed the OP'd set ups and then re-balanced some of the Pokemon with new abilities that lowered their use or upped their use. The balances were small enough that there weren't huge shifts.

While I don't not want a new type, I'd be inclined to agree with the metagame whines about how bad a new type would completely ruin the current set up. Sure Rain teams will redominate the battle unless Gen 6 restructures Weather effects to increase the ones that lack or debuff the current headers so that non weather teams have more chances.

Kinda hoping they introduce more Weather killers like they ended up doing with Psyduck. Maybe even more items that kill weather effects or abilities. There's more they can do to re-balance the metagame without introducing new types. They'd be smaller updates and the shifts would be smaller rather than throwing everything we have now into the trash and starting from scratch which is actually a lot harder. Someone new has a better chance as they don't have all the old stuff programmed into them. Older ones will try to use the old combos and teams only to get upset that their time was wasted since the new stuff completely ruined what they had been doing for a while.

Completely shifting is ruining until everything is rebuilt.
Better to just rage about the new type and get over it than rage about how Venusaur and Volcarona are sweeping people's teams left and right in Sun, and how Tentacruel/Toxicroak/Polioed/Jolt are the pokes you're most likely going to see in rain, and that Hippo/Tar/Gliscor/Chomp/Jirachi/Skarmory are going to be the Pokemon you're going to see most in sand.

The general point is...the metagame, at this point, is just boring and extremely repetitive. Back in 4th gen, the only weather you really had to worry about was sand and that was because of the introduction of Gliscor and as well as (iirc) T-tar's 50% sanstorm boost to it's spdef, as well as Hippowdon. Rain was only a concern because of Starmie (who was like, a top tier threat iirc), but aside from that, I feel that a lot more strategy was used back in 4th gen competitive, because you won't have to worry about your opponent spamming weather anymore, really.

And it's not so much about introducing Weather killers anymore (though that would help, believe me). It's just introducing Pokemon with more variety. That's what the metagame is lacking. More diverse typing, more diverse abilities, more substance. Something to make OU less weather-based and actually centered around building a decent team and preparing for x threats and figuring out how to deal with it, kind of like how it was in Gen 4, what with most team's biggest threat at that point was prob LO (or Sash) Weavile.

As long as this generation introduces variety, I'm happy.
  #4221    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:52 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Better to just rage about the new type and get over it than rage about how Venusaur and Volcarona are sweeping people's teams left and right in Sun, and how Tentacruel/Toxicroak/Polioed/Jolt are the pokes you're most likely going to see in rain, and that Hippo/Tar/Gliscor/Chomp/Jirachi/Skarmory are going to be the Pokemon you're going to see most in sand.

The general point is...the metagame, at this point, is just boring and extremely repetitive. Back in 4th gen, the only weather you really had to worry about was sand and that was because of the introduction of Gliscor and as well as (iirc) T-tar's 50% sanstorm boost to it's spdef, as well as Hippowdon. Rain was only a concern because of Starmie (who was like, a top tier threat iirc), but aside from that, I feel that a lot more strategy was used back in 4th gen competitive, because you won't have to worry about your opponent spamming weather anymore, really.

And it's not so much about introducing Weather killers anymore (though that would help, believe me). It's just introducing Pokemon with more variety. That's what the metagame is lacking. More diverse typing, more diverse abilities, more substance. Something to make OU less weather-based and actually centered around building a decent team and preparing for x threats and figuring out how to deal with it, kind of like how it was in Gen 4, what with most team's biggest threat at that point was prob LO (or Sash) Weavile.

As long as this generation introduces variety, I'm happy.
I don't find current set up boring or repetitive, neither do some current Metagame fans. Even Gen 6's Metagame will get old as soon as its set in stone. Gen 4 was stale until Gen 5 changed things around. Gen 3 was stale until Gen 4 changed things around. Its going to be a repeating cycle until the end of days for Pokemon. Better balancing is better than introducing something new and completely destroying only to have everything fall back to where it was before. After a few months it will always be boring and repetitive as the same teams will always be on top.

Gen 6 can offer way better updates than a new type especially since we don't know if we are only getting 1 new type or not. If one is on its way, what's to say there aren't 2 or 3 new types?

Also according to MNN Togetic gets type change...either Normal or Flying is getting removed if true. If flying is removed then Togetic and Togekiss no longer fear Stealth Rock or any of the common threats. It has potential to become a seriously dangerous Pokemon in Meta since it can abuse Serene Grace very well.

While it seems like a good thing, everyone running it will pretty much be trying to Crit Hax their opponent. Some odder rivalries will appear but many Pokemon that aren't up to taking a Serene Grace Hacked Crit/Status will have severe tier drops. If Fairy replaces Normal, there is a lot of unforseen things that can happen to increase Togekiss' weaknesses more than as a Normal type. If this is the scenario then Togekiss gets ruined due to retyping.

Look at all the people that were butthurt about the Rotom "fix" in B/W. Eventually some accepted it for Type walling, but all of the Rotoms had lost their core strategy which hurt it pretty badly until other ways to use it popped up.
  #4222    
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:57 PM
ilias_'s Avatar
ilias_
Float like a Butterfree, sting like a Beedrill!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Greece
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I couldn't read all the posts but I want to say that I am not against adding a new type. It is going to be interesting, in my opinion.
I will be sad, if they don't create good Dragon types tho. Can't wait for the game!
__________________
3DS Friend Code: 2595 0605 8229

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
  #4223    
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:12 AM
Forever's Avatar
Forever
let it go
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: http://goo.my/server
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
If that is a new-type, then I really can't wait to see the kinds of Magic-types we'll have. n___n;; And then there'll be a Magic-type Gym leader, and E4, and the list goes on~!

...It's kind of strange now, how I've shifted from being on the fence about new types to now being kind of for it. :x
idk which post to quote so I am quoting this one!!

Anyway I think Magic is way too close to Psychic, given that they'd both do the same sort of things.
__________________
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
  #4224    
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:58 AM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
idk which post to quote so I am quoting this one!!

Anyway I think Magic is way too close to Psychic, given that they'd both do the same sort of things.
I have to agree, I've always thought Pokémon with magical powers like Mr. Mime, have just been Psychic types.
__________________
  #4225    
Old April 23rd, 2013, 05:14 AM
Navy Blue's Avatar
Navy Blue
Artist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Texas, USA
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Yes. Variety. I love it.
For Pokemon, of course I'd start over. I don't want to be left behind, so I will adapt to changes eventually; and plus, I do like the idea of strategy (sorta bored of killing every one of them with my starter(Serperior)).
__________________

Good day.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:10 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.