The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
When I watched GCPM11's X & Y Countdown today he showed us a full list of the Pokémon of Gen. VI. He didn't mention a source and I believe it is fake. Names are so hnrealistic and there are over 17 Legendaries. That's just ridiculous. I try to find the list on tge internet to post it here.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:30 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
How do you know that's an observatory? I thought it looked similar to Pokémon Colcsseum's Realgam Tower, so maybe that structure could somehow contain the region's Battle Tower that the third version or sequel pair usually turns into a Battle Frontier? But then again, Generation V just had the Battle Subway…
I was referring to it's real life counterpart, which is an observatory I believe. Who knows at this point what it may be...

A list...is that list the fake one we got awhile ago? 17 legendaries...I certainly hope the real list doesn't have that many...
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:25 PM
C.Harlow
The Pirate Cowboy ..!

To be honest with you .. i dont look very excited about the new Pokémon game Y and X.. I mean.. theyve put it 3D .. and .. i dunno why i dont like it at all .. its like if it removes all the fun and "view" on all the previous Pokémon games .. =p
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
When I watched GCPM11's X & Y Countdown today he showed us a full list of the Pokémon of Gen. VI. He didn't mention a source and I believe it is fake. Names are so hnrealistic and there are over 17 Legendaries. That's just ridiculous. I try to find the list on tge internet to post it here.
Already? I already question it's validity because it's not even the end of April yet, and with the games not even due out for another 6 months, it's highly doubtful that they would spill all of the beans, especially at this point in time. oO
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:43 PM
Community Supporter

Speaking of April, we only have a week left of this month! 23 days until the official release of Corocoro's next issue...maybe Pokémon Smash or the official site will have release something early like Smash did this time around.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Quote:
I would not believe anybody that releases a full Pokedex at this point. Mr XY did the same thing and we all know that was fake.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 12:50 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Speaking of April, we only have a week left of this month! 23 days until the official release of Corocoro's next issue...maybe Pokémon Smash or the official site will have release something early like Smash did this time around.
I'm definitely hoping that they're going to release something that we can really sink our teeth into as far as speculation goes. But my hopes aren't too high. We'll see, given that it would be May, and as it slowly progress towards the summer months, we might get something of substance from both CoroCoro or Pokemon Smash.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:03 PM
Community Supporter

Do you guys think these games will have lots of news in the long run? I looked back at Serebii's pre release new Pokémon page for Generation V and a lot of the Pokémon were released shortly after, like there's two or more per month after the games announcement in May. Or perhaps GF and Nintendo just unveiled XY a little too early...and that explains why the info is stretched though a longer period of time as it's not that much.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'd be happy with even one thing announced each month. March was disappointing because we got absolutely nothing, January and February we got a lot, and this month we got news of the new Mewtwo form. I'd be happy just to settle with one tidbit of information a month, along with hints of stuff to come.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky
The less info I have, the less I anticipate it, the faster it will be here. That could be good, but I prefer to be excited and build that anxious feeling I would like to have a little info a month at least. I don't want the games completely spelled out for me and ruined, but I want something!
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Community Supporter

You've got a point there, time seems to be going faster now than with BW, B2W2 and other games I've had considerable info on that I wanted.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:42 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Can you link it? They may be fake, but still fun to look at.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:44 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I don't think we'll have much news, if any in May.. we just had the Mewtwo announcement this month and they seem to be keeping quiet about these games. I'd bank on the summer months when more details will start to flow, even more so closer to the release date in October.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapie View Post
The less info I have, the less I anticipate it, the faster it will be here. That could be good, but I prefer to be excited and build that anxious feeling I would like to have a little info a month at least. I don't want the games completely spelled out for me and ruined, but I want something!
But then there will be people who complained about more info on XY before they get the game, because they think one trailer and nothing else to reveal is enough to build so much happen, at least according to a popular youtube ranter when he made a negative review on Brawl for not being the game he wants it to be and for being spoiled by the info before the game's release, making him less hyped.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I don't think we'll have much news, if any in May.. we just had the Mewtwo announcement this month and they seem to be keeping quiet about these games. I'd bank on the summer months when more details will start to flow, even more so closer to the release date in October.
Well, with May being the first summer month (more or less? At least, I consider it a summer month), it carries a probability of CoroCoro/Pokemon Smash releasing something quite interesting, though of course there's no guarantees. Though like Jake said, I'd be happy with just about any bit of information at this point.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:59 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
I would not believe anybody that releases a full Pokedex at this point. Mr XY did the same thing and we all know that was fake.
It was the release of his Pokédex for his latest hack, "Pokémon Gotcha".

Cyclone

(Yes, I was going for the sarcastic joke here.)

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I wonder if Pokemon X & Y sales can pick up the slack from the slump in Wii U Sales? According to Bloomberg, Nintendo are having financial issues.
http://www.examiner.com/article/poke...nancial-issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Well, with May being the first summer month (more or less? At least, I consider it a summer month), it carries a probability of CoroCoro/Pokemon Smash releasing something quite interesting, though of course there's no guarantees. Though like Jake said, I'd be happy with just about any bit of information at this point.
Yeah, I'm just thinking the closer we get to the release could be the time when more information starts circulating.

Last edited by Azure; April 23rd, 2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

The biggest issue causing the Wii U sales is the lack of any real notable games. Once they get some out (like a new Mario, Zelda, or such), they'll be fine. Besides, X/Y will boost their profits anyways, so I wouldn't be too worried.

On the topic of data releasing, the summer months usually hold a plethora of information, so here's hoping!
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
BraveNewWorld
The Breaker

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
But then there will be people who complained about more info on XY before they get the game, because they think one trailer and nothing else to reveal is enough to build so much happen, at least according to a popular youtube ranter when he made a negative review on Brawl for not being the game he wants it to be and for being spoiled by the info before the game's release, making him less hyped.
That's just stupid. It's not like you have to pay attention to the stuff being leaked/announced. Who is this "popular youtuber"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I wonder if Pokemon X & Y sales can pick up the slack from the slump in Wii U Sales? According to Bloomberg, Nintendo are having financial issues.
http://www.examiner.com/article/poke...nancial-issues
The Wii U has two huge problems one is a lack of new games. The second is horrid loading times.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:41 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
That's just stupid. It's not like you have to pay attention to the stuff being leaked/announced. Who is this "popular youtuber"?
His name is RandomDCE, and he also ranted about Pokemon being the same old same old and wants the core gameplay changed.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:50 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Quote:
and there are over 17 Legendaries. That's just ridiculous.
Considering how many crappy, unnecessary legends we've gotten in the recent gens, it wouldn't be surprising to get 17.

Still, I agree that the list is probably fake.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyem View Post
Considering how many crappy, unnecessary legends we've gotten in the recent gens, it wouldn't be surprising to get 17.

Still, I agree that the list is probably fake.
I wouldn't really lower my expectations to think that the legends this generations would be horrible by any means. Maybe I'm just more of an optimistic person, but yeah, that's how I see things. u_u This generation has the potential to bring about some cool looking legendaries, at least going from Xerneas' and Yveltal's designs.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I have my fingers crossed that May will be the beginning of some real X/Y news as we head closer into the summer (or winter, depending on where you live) months. Also, whatever new Pokémon they decide to reveal next, I'm really hoping it's something new and native to the new region and not connected to anything from previous generations. Those are always a bit more fun to talk about in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
His name is RandomDCE, and he also ranted about Pokemon being the same old same old and wants the core gameplay changed.
If he's tired of the same old, same old then he should spend some more time playing the spin-off games. Those are different. Otherwise, I don't see GameFreak changing the core game-play of the main series anytime soon. It has worked for them for almost twenty years, why change it now?
Old April 23rd, 2013, 05:33 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I'm still waiting for a link to the fakery. Anyone have it?

Also, the "Fairy" type release that someone rumoured was happening "today" didn't happen, so yeah. Credibility lost.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:45 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I wouldn't really lower my expectations to think that the legends this generations would be horrible by any means. Maybe I'm just more of an optimistic person, but yeah, that's how I see things. u_u This generation has the potential to bring about some cool looking legendaries, at least going from Xerneas' and Yveltal's designs.
On the other hand, the designs for the Unova dragons were actually rather cool, but we also got a slew of legendaries that had essentially no back story whatsoever thrown in as well. I mean it's possible to have a nice amount of legendaries with cool designs, but with the trends from the last two generations it's looking kind of bleak. Of course, I'm hoping that they pull through and we get some cool things (regardless if we have fewer or more)!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here