The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 27th, 2013 (12:18 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I like that idea, it sounds fun, plus it spread the DWA Pokémon out between the version like I suggested earlier . It'll be too much if they put them all into this pair...the way I'll see them putting them all in this pair is if we can't transfer...as having all of them in this pair beats the purpose of transferring at least from a filling up the dex view.
Old April 27th, 2013 (02:34 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
My idea is to bring back an island a la Mirage Island where various Pokémon with their Hidden Abilities can be found. Depending on the day, time, season, and what version you have, different Pokémon will appear in that area. To find access to the island, you must first solve a puzzle sort of like how we had to unlock the Regi Trio in RSE. I think this would be far more fun and less of a hassle than bringing back Dream World again.
That seems like more of a hassle than what we currently have.

We're going to get some incarnation of the Dream world thanks to hidden abilities. Be it an update to allow X and Y to link up, new off shoot game similar to Dream Radar with more potential like the Pokewalkers, or some outer exclusive item/media (Pokewalker/PC).

Doing it in game sorta pulls away from the special aspect of the hidden abilities.
Old April 27th, 2013 (09:20 PM).
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Exactly how old is the Fairy-type rumor?
Old April 27th, 2013 (09:40 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Not sure if this answers the above question, but I found this meme comic from mid-2012. My custom range on Google didn't connect the words "fairy" and "type" otherwise from 2011 to the start of 2013. It's late, however, and I just did a quick search.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 28th, 2013 (07:29 AM).
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
It didn't answer it at all lmao.

When I searched on Google, the reports gave me 2 to 3 days ago, so it seems fairly recent. If it's true, I'm gonna assume it's supposed to be a foil to Dark. As in Fairy is equal to Light. It'd be pretty cool if this was true.
Old April 28th, 2013 (08:17 AM).
Khrysta

Fairy rumor is new. Its definately not the same as the light rumor though it seems to have taken over where Light left off. Fairy...is hardly a replacement for light so I cannot see a Dark vs Fairy relationship especially with the old fairies also representing evil creatures. Gamefreak tends to stick close to myths and if so, Fairies through them may end up dark, malicious creatures.

Fairy is ambiguous as is most cultures Fairies is a grouped term with Spirits. Fairies, Gnomes, Goblins, elves, they are all pretty much the same origin wise. So it would be very confusing for some who only follow pop cultured versions.
Old April 28th, 2013 (08:26 AM).
Community Supporter

Perhaps it'll be called Spirit type rather than fairies? I prefer the name Spirit rather than faerie. Also I imagine the Japanese would be more expose to the idea of spirit than that of faerie.
Btw if we do get a new type there better be a new plate for Arceus to turn to this new type.
Old April 28th, 2013 (08:27 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Fairy rumor is new. Its definately not the same as the light rumor though it seems to have taken over where Light left off. Fairy...is hardly a replacement for light so I cannot see a Dark vs Fairy relationship especially with the old fairies also representing evil creatures. Gamefreak tends to stick close to myths and if so, Fairies through them may end up dark, malicious creatures.

Fairy is ambiguous as is most cultures Fairies is a grouped term with Spirits. Fairies, Gnomes, Goblins, elves, they are all pretty much the same origin wise. So it would be very confusing for some who only follow pop cultured versions.
Yet GF gave Grass an Ice weakness, despite the fact that some species of plants can survive the harsh cold, because plants are popularily known to hate the cold. Which means GF could still make new Fairy Pokemon that resemble their pop cultured versions rather than sticking close to the original source material.
Old April 28th, 2013 (08:28 AM).
Scarecr0wFixatioN

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecr0wFixatioN
I could see a ghost vs fairy relationship for sure. They just kinda give me that counterpart vibe, both being mythological/supernatural beings and all.
Old April 28th, 2013 (08:40 AM).
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Yet GF gave Grass an Ice weakness, despite the fact that some species of plants can survive the harsh cold, because plants are popularily known to hate the cold. Which means GF could still make new Fairy Pokemon that resemble their pop cultured versions rather than sticking close to the original source material.
No plant can survive in extreme cold temperatures. Nor can they survive in extreme heat. While some need cooler temperatures to survive, they cannot survive is most extreme cases. Ice and Fire's relation to grass is based on the real world idea of grass. Normal grass not special cases.

Since Pop Culture would be special case as Gamefreak takes original over newer and Pop Culture Fairies don't hold as much weight as traditional fairies in Japanese lore, if Fairy type were to come in, Gamefreak would be more than likely to follow the traditional version.

Japanese fairies are even worse than most western stories as almost everything in japanese lore wants to eat the flesh of man.
Old April 28th, 2013 (10:06 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Perhaps it'll be called Spirit type rather than fairies? I prefer the name Spirit rather than faerie. Also I imagine the Japanese would be more expose to the idea of spirit than that of faerie.
Btw if we do get a new type there better be a new plate for Arceus to turn to this new type.
But wouldn't that just be way too similar to Ghost types to justify creating a new type? Sure there are some overlap with things, but spirits and ghosts are almost synonymous in today's world. I really just don't see a new type coming to fruition.
Old April 28th, 2013 (11:47 AM).
Community Supporter

Right...I forgot about that...actually spirits and ghosts at one point split as the holy spirit was once called the holy ghost (some still call it that) but ghosts became associated with evil, wicked things so they use spirit now.
I guess they could call it Aura? sounds magical.
Old April 28th, 2013 (11:59 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Well we already have Aura Sphere being a Fighting move, but then again changing move types has happened (with the introduction of new types in Gen 2), so I guess it isn't impossible. I'd still prefer not to have a new type though =P
Old April 28th, 2013 (12:21 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Am I the only one who likes this fairy type idea. It opens up possibilities for interesting Pokemon. Not all fairies are those cute winged creatures and there are many different types of fairies. If real I see it as more inspiration for Game Freak.
Old April 28th, 2013 (12:39 PM).
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
Am I the only one who likes this fairy type idea. It opens up possibilities for interesting Pokemon. Not all fairies are those cute winged creatures and there are many different types of fairies. If real I see it as more inspiration for Game Freak.
You are not the only one! I am a big supporter of the Fairy type, much more so than light. I think they could do a lot with it, and as I've said it fits for Sylveon, unlike any other type.
Old April 28th, 2013 (01:23 PM).
MoogleCam
The one who says "Kupo".

Nature: Calm
I also believe "Spirit" sounds cooler. Although that name probably belongs more to ghost.
Old April 28th, 2013 (02:57 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

17 types is enough.

I think that sums up my opinion.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 28th, 2013 (03:28 PM).
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
You most certainly aren't the only one. If they do it I hope they stick with their usual traditional views just to throw things around.
Old April 28th, 2013 (05:13 PM).
Community Supporter

I wonder if maybe Mewtwo's new forme could gain the type...it's smaller now, and it's eyes remind me of the traditional faeries...
Old April 28th, 2013 (05:56 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I wonder if this Awakened Mewtwo will gain an additional type, as far as I know they are still hiding it's type.
Old April 28th, 2013 (11:21 PM).
MarinoKadame

He gonna be Normal/Psychic if you think about Fairies, also with this typing he get immunity to ghost and neutral to fighting.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old April 29th, 2013 (02:02 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
How many Pokemon would actually be classed as Fairy type? If there's only a very small amount then I don't think there's any point. I can only think of three which are Togetic, Clefairy & Yveltal...

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old April 29th, 2013 (06:33 AM).
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
How many Pokemon would actually be classed as Fairy type? If there's only a very small amount then I don't think there's any point. I can only think of three which are Togetic, Clefairy & Yveltal...
How many doesn't really matter. Only 2 dragon type families existed between gens 1 and 2. Totallung out at 4. When steel was made 2 old were added and i think 3 new were made (steelix, scizor, and foretress). When dark was made no old pokemon were changed and i think 4 were added (sneasle, houndour, houndoom, and murkrow). So honestly they don't have to change any previous pokemon or add more than 3 or 4 for any new types.

More will appear as time goes on. Look at how many dragons we get now as opposed to get 1 and 2.
Old April 29th, 2013 (07:00 AM).
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
PsYChic/DARK would be kewl fr mewthree... Pretty badass..
Old April 29th, 2013 (08:02 AM).
Forever
let it go

Yeah but I feel like Psychic/Ghost would fit better since I've always questioned why it isn't Ghost :(

Sponsored Links