Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old April 29th, 2013 (08:49 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by Forever:
Yeah but I feel like Psychic/Ghost would fit better since I've always questioned why it isn't Ghost
I never considered Mewtwo as a possible Ghost. It doesn't have the invisible body like others (Gastly, Haunter, etc.). I doubt it could even be properly portrayed that way.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 29th, 2013 (10:31 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Why would Mewtwo be part Ghost though? To me that wouldn't make a lot of sense. It's not dead, it's not based off of anything dead or spiritual, so why?
Old April 29th, 2013 (10:34 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
Why would Mewtwo be part Ghost though? To me that wouldn't make a lot of sense. It's not dead, it's not based off of anything dead or spiritual, so why?
^ This.

It shouldn't really gain any typing whatsoever. I believe that the only legendary to change types (or gain additional ones) when it was granted a different form was Shaymin, and that made sense because Shaymin could fly in it's Sky form, while land form, it couldn't.

Old April 29th, 2013 (04:16 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
^ Don't forget Meloetta, who also has a type change via formes like Shaymin.
Old April 29th, 2013 (06:06 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
^ Don't forget Meloetta, who also has a type change via formes like Shaymin.
Well spotted, it becomes Fighting type.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 29th, 2013 (07:17 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
The only way I see it gaining Ghost is if this new forme is suppose to represent a more spiritual Mewtwo of sorts...
Old April 29th, 2013 (08:29 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Honestly I think it's just very unlikely at this point for Mewtwo to gain another type whatsover, especially since it doesn't (as already said) share any characteristics of a typical Ghost Pokemon. @_@

All I'm seeing out of this form is a possible stat switch. Kind of like the Therian forms in the Genie trio, if you will.

Old April 30th, 2013 (02:36 AM).
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Nintendo:
> Releases picture of Sylveon
> Releases game-play footage of Sylveon
> Releases Pokemon Movie trailer with Sylveon in it
> Still didn't reveal Sylveon's type.

I somehow believe it will be a "???" type just because on the website they showed the starters had pure types and Sylveon had a "???" box under it which imo means it's the type.......... and yet speculating didn't help me out one bit
Old April 30th, 2013 (05:15 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

The problem with that is that well...what are the strengths and weaknesses of "???" type, and what's the basis behind it? We can make logical assumptions about Dragons, and Poison-types, and Electric and what have you, but what's the basis behind this new-type? @_@; I'm afraid it'll provide a lot more questions than answers, really.

Old April 30th, 2013 (05:50 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
I'm definitely gonna say Sylveon isn't ??? typing. I'm pretty sure they just want to keep the hype up by holding out on us this long.
Old April 30th, 2013 (06:38 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by AnonygooseD:
Nintendo:
> Releases picture of Sylveon
> Releases game-play footage of Sylveon
> Releases Pokemon Movie trailer with Sylveon in it
> Still didn't reveal Sylveon's type.

I somehow believe it will be a "???" type just because on the website they showed the starters had pure types and Sylveon had a "???" box under it which imo means it's the type.......... and yet speculating didn't help me out one bit
That's a bit Farfetch'd (pun fully intended). It clearly means "You have no idea and we're not telling you yet".

Cyclone

Old April 30th, 2013 (08:34 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
I'm definitely gonna say Sylveon isn't ??? typing. I'm pretty sure they just want to keep the hype up by holding out on us this long.
Even though the hype can only continue for so long. :\ I really wonder how long it's going to take before GF is kind of going to take the hint that people are really not caring anymore about Sylveon's type like they used to. Instead, it's just "show us the type already, ugh >.>".

Old April 30th, 2013 (08:39 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

I definitely agree. They're still getting the audience that's just hopping onto the X/Y hype, but the majority of people are just kind of sick of trying to speculate the typing. Honestly I hope it gets revealed sometime soon, not because they should, but just because I'm sick of hearing everyone argue over the typing =P
Old April 30th, 2013 (08:51 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Speaking of things getting revealed soon, is it two weeks away until the next CoroCoro reveal comes out? If so, then I wonder what's going to be revealed? I kind of want them to drift away from the movie a bit and actually focus on the content that's going to be included in the games. .___. Though seeing as the movie is coming out soon (?), I find that to be somewhat doubtful.

But fingers crossed, yeah?

Old April 30th, 2013 (09:07 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
I definitely agree. They're still getting the audience that's just hopping onto the X/Y hype, but the majority of people are just kind of sick of trying to speculate the typing. Honestly I hope it gets revealed sometime soon, not because they should, but just because I'm sick of hearing everyone argue over the typing =P
But seriously, it HAS to be Bug/Dragon/Ghost/Flying/Normal/FAIRY type because *insert random spittle here*.

Yeah, I'm with you. It's getting repetitive now. Just tell us already.

Cyclone

Old April 30th, 2013 (09:14 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

All I care about at this moment is the starters and their possible final evos. That's really the only thing that's grabbing my attention, along with the region as well as the region name. As long as we have one of those three vital pieces of information, I'm good. xD

Old April 30th, 2013 (11:10 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I think we may be getting the art of the protagonists in May or June along with the Rival and the region as those three things usually come out together and it's usually around this time.
Old April 30th, 2013 (11:17 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I think we may be getting the art of the protagonists in May or June along with the Rival and the region as those three things usually come out together and it's usually around this time.
I'll stick with Xavier and Yvonne, or perhaps even Leo and Lea as possibilities.

Cyclone

Old April 30th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Not going to lie here, the protagonists (though as amazing as the female protag is), I feel, aren't really huge speculation/discussion material, y'know? I'd rather have something about the starters, even their second evos (doesn't even have to be their third yet, but it would make sense to reveal both at the same time). And heck, the region map would be huge speculation material, especially since that could lead to a huge hint as to possible towns/cities and the like~!

Old April 30th, 2013 (11:31 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Honestly there isn't much point speculating their names either. I mean, majority of people name the characters whatever they want anyways, so the names don't really have any large impact. Minor thing to speculate on I suppose. I agree on wanting to see the starters' evolutions though =P
Old April 30th, 2013 (03:04 PM).
Eye of the Storm

I've already speculated on Sylveon, the Starters, the legendaries, and Mewthree. I need something else. Protagonist names fits the bill.

Cyclone

Old April 30th, 2013 (04:18 PM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum TierCS

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
I've already speculated on Sylveon, the Starters, the legendaries, and Mewthree. I need something else. Protagonist names fits the bill. :P

Cyclone
Eh. I agree with Jake here. Probably not much speculation to be done as far as the protagonists' name goes.

...Now I'm just REALLY hoping for the Region Map to be revealed soon. D:

Old May 1st, 2013 (05:56 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
Eh. I agree with Jake here. Probably not much speculation to be done as far as the protagonists' name goes.

...Now I'm just REALLY hoping for the Region Map to be revealed soon. D:
This also fits the bill. However, I can live a couple more months without this. Just give me a name.

Cyclone

Old May 1st, 2013 (11:06 AM).
there's a place downtown
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I think the Region map and name come hand in hand and due to the fact that we haven't really seen many areas I think it will be a short while before we see it in full.
Old May 1st, 2013 (01:40 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
I think the Region map and name come hand in hand and due to the fact that we haven't really seen many areas I think it will be a short while before we see it in full.
I would say that a minimum of three Routes are confirmed.

Not like that's really Earth-shattering...

Cyclone

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)