The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I don't agree with those who say that the new form has ruined Mewtwo. It's an alternate form, therefore it's completely optional to use it. How that ruins Mewtwo for people, I don't understand.
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:58 AM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Yeah, with the girl karate chopping the board down, it definitely alludes to a Fighting typed Sylveon. Who really knows, but I definitely wouldn't mind that.
maybe its because sylveon is a physical attacker
i really hope its note a fighting type, its one of the type that completly don't it
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I don't really see how that would be a mess-up. Is there any particular reason you wouldn't want to see it be a Fighting type? And if it's the hope of a new type, then I sincerely hope you're wrong =x
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:07 PM
metalhand

Quote:
I don't really see how that would be a mess-up. Is there any particular reason you wouldn't want to see it be a Fighting type? And if it's the hope of a new type, then I sincerely hope you're wrong =x
because its not feat a fighting type, and every eeveevolution is look completly like the type, so it would be weird, and there is a better way to design a fighting type eeveelution.
about a new type-i don't really care if theres gonna be a new type or not, but if sylveon will be a new type at least it won't ruin the eeveelution concept.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
I totally have to agree with Jake here. I would love for Eevee to have a Fighting evolution, and yes, Sylveon wouldn't look much like a fighting type pokemon, but oh well. Maybe it wouldn't be the most fitting type for Sylveon's design, but it wouldn't
be a total mess-up either.

I doubt though it's going to be a fighting type

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I mean from the design aspect, it REALLY don't look much like a Fighting type. Of course, I wouldn't mind it either, as it would still be a cool type to have. I still think Flying makes more sense to me, but who knows! Plus, karate chopping the board doesn't necessarily mean it's Fighting type (although it kind of points to it =x).
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Every single one of eevee's evolutions is special with the exception of Leafeon and I believe Flareon (barely).

I believe that there needs to be another Physical eeveelution, personally. Whether it's fighting or flying doesn't bother me much, as long as it's physical.
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I'd like to see that too. It doesn't really bare an significance in it's typing at this point as far as speculation goes, but just for a personal note I'd like to see that too. I'd still prefer Flying over Fighting, but at this point it doesn't matter that much anymore.
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Smash's little antics haven't ever been used to hint towards a new Pokemon's type since Sylveon has been revealed. Everyone thought Sylveon was flying type because of the Paper Airplane event some months back. Its for fun only.

Sylveon is on there for marketing advertisement. They probably invited some children over who do the board breaking as exercises already to compete with Smash hosts just like they did with the Airplane event and the Team Plasma event where the Smash hosts had to face off against Team Plasma sometimes with children on their teams.

Its not really an allusion or hint towards anything. The events are just for show and fun.
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Its not really an allusion or hint towards anything. The events are just for show and fun.
I totally agree with Xander here. With all the speculation going on, people jump on theories as soon as they see some type of "evidence". Of course Nintendo realizes this and uses it to their advantage. I guess only time will tell what type Sylveon will be

Old May 8th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Speaking of Sylveon, I found this supposed information from 4chan regarding it and the rumored Fairy type. I know the site should be taken with a grain of salt, but the information could be something worth discussing about Fairy types:

Spoiler:
Quote:
I can confirm that this month's CoroCoro has a feature on the long-rumored Fairy-type, although the Japanese name of the Type is "Yosei", so I am uncertain if this means that Hiro was necessarily correct.

Sylveon is a pure-Yosei Type Pokemon, and is known as the Maryoku Pokemon, "Magical Charm". The attack shown in the trailers for the Mini-Movie is called Mirakuru Hou, "Miracle Cannon", and is said to heal the opposing Pokemon, yet greatly reduces their Attack and Special Attack.

Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Audino, Chansey, Skitty, and Dunsparce are shown with their "Normal" Type changed to Yosei Type. The magazine mentions that a recent event in the Pokemon World has awakened a long-ago sealed power, explaining the Type Change. More Pokemon are said to awaken to this power, hinting at additional Type changes.

A Type Chart is shown displaying how Yosei Matches Up.
- Yosei is immune to Dark and Dragon
- Yosei is weak to Psychic, Poison, Bug, and Ghost
- Yosei resists Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying.
- No Type is weak to Yosei.
- Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying resist Yosei.
- No Type is immune to Yosei.
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I would take anything on 4chan with a grain of salt. I dunno that we might get that in CoroCoro, but if Sylveon is a new type, we will probably have to wait for the reveal.

I dont believe the 4chan stuff and find the part that nothing is weak to it strange. Surely something would be weak to it.
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB

I honestly wouldn't take 4chan serious when it comes to revealing new aspects of an upcoming Game. I'm actually not sure if there has ever been any legit reveal on 4chan regarding new pokemon or games...
The type matchup feels kind of weird, at least to me

Old May 8th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Speaking of Sylveon, I found this supposed information from 4chan regarding it and the rumored Fairy type. I know the site should be taken with a grain of salt, but the information could be something worth discussing about Fairy types:
It's.....I dunno what to say, really. .___. All I hope is that this generation doesn't bring about new types...it's just kind of unnecessary.
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
A Type Chart is shown displaying how Yosei Matches Up.
- Yosei is immune to Dark and Dragon
- Yosei is weak to Psychic, Poison, Bug, and Ghost
- Yosei resists Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying.
- No Type is weak to Yosei.
- Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying resist Yosei.
- No Type is immune to Yosei.
Poison being strong against Fairy I find sorta rediculous. It honestly looks as if they took my post some time ago about making a triangle with Fairy type and only changed that Psychic was immune to Psychic taking normal damage. Other than that, it being immune to Dragon doesn't really strike my fancy. This is more a personal thing but I don't see a reason to make anything immune to Dragon especially since Fairies and Dragons exist in a similar plane. If anything they'd resist one another.

Fire, Water, and Ground sounds cool, though they should have extended it to Grass, Electric, and Rock as those are also more natural elements. Flying isn't really an element at all so that doesn't make much sense to me...other than Fairies used to be shown riding on the back of birds...though I wouldn't say that is cause for Fairy to resist Flying types.

Its possibly the best and most believable type chart change I've seen in a while though.
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:40 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm assuming that the person who made the chart is seeing Flying as being the substitute to wind here to complete the classical western elements, thus the four elements Water, fire, ground (earth), and flying (wind) being resistant.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Khrysta

But in Pokemon Flying doesn't represent wind and Ground is only 1/3rd of Earth in traditional elements. I mean that would be a pretty good way to say its fake, but still...Flying is an odd man out seeing as most wind attacks aren't flying type.
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
But in Pokemon Flying doesn't represent wind and Ground is only 1/3rd of Earth in traditional elements. I mean that would be a pretty good way to say its fake, but still...Flying is an odd man out seeing as most wind attacks aren't flying type.
True Flying doesn't represent wind specifically, but it's the closest thing Pokémon has to representing air as an element. Same goes for Ground. There's still Rock and Steel that make up the Earth's traditional elements, but Ground is probably the most broadest type of the three thus being used as a representation for earth.
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:22 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
True Flying doesn't represent wind specifically, but it's the closest thing Pokémon has to representing air as an element. Same goes for Ground. There's still Rock and Steel that make up the Earth's traditional elements, but Ground is probably the most broadest type of the three thus being used as a representation for earth.
Is there the possibility that flying type could be changed to "air" type? Sylveon could be an Air type I would think. As for strengths/weaknesses, I have no idea.

The elemental thing as being weak to light/fairy type is pretty hoaxie if you ask me. It sounds really OP, but maybe that's just my opinion.

As for the ground type= earth elemental debate, is Grass not a part of that elemental too?

Deceased:

Old May 9th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
I sometimes don't understand why a new type is needed. Although Generation 5 is acted and treated as a restart of the series, its not always everything that has happened in the 2nd generation will be the same as what will happen in Generation 6. Aside from stablizing the type match-ups that leads to two new types, Pokemon back then was still developing and is full of uncertainties to its final format.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Flying isn't even close to representing air though. If it were majority of wind attacks would be Flying, they aren't though and Flying was known as Bird type at one point due to most flying types being based off birds. The two have nothing to do with one another.

The three elements that make up earth are rock, ground, and grass. Plant manipulation is as common as moving dirt in all traditional forms. Grass should have been mentioned as well. The lack of research is what kills the coolness of the type match up for me most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post
Is there the possibility that flying type could be changed to "air" type? Sylveon could be an Air type I would think. As for strengths/weaknesses, I have no idea.

The elemental thing as being weak to light/fairy type is pretty hoaxie if you ask me. It sounds really OP, but maybe that's just my opinion.

As for the ground type= earth elemental debate, is Grass not a part of that elemental too?
There isn't much chance of renaming Flying type to air without retyping at least Two pokemon. So it stands a better chance of becoming a new type over changing an old into a new name.
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithel_Celestia View Post
I sometimes don't understand why a new type is needed. Although Generation 5 is acted and treated as a restart of the series, its not always everything that has happened in the 2nd generation will be the same as what will happen in Generation 6. Aside from stablizing the type match-ups that leads to two new types, Pokemon back then was still developing and is full of uncertainties to its final format.
It's needed because the metagame is dominated by Dragon types, Fighting types, Steel types, Water types, and Ground types. According to the Corocoro rumor I posted, Fairy type will be immune to Dragon types, will hit Steel types neutrally, will resist Water and Ground moves, and will be weak to Psychic and Ghost types (which will help increase usage of both types in OU and nerf Fighting's power creep status that they gained in Gen V). The only downside is bringing back the old SkarmBliss strategy from Gen II.
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
It's needed because the metagame is dominated by Dragon types, Fighting types, Steel types, Water types, and Ground types. According to the Corocoro rumor I posted, Fairy type will be immune to Dragon types, will hit Steel types neutrally, will resist Water and Ground moves, and will be weak to Psychic and Ghost types (which will help increase usage of both types in OU and nerf Fighting's power creep status that they gained in Gen V). The only downside is bringing back the old SkarmBliss strategy from Gen II.
Just because the metagame is dominated by something in particular, doesn't mean it's impossible to stop it. Out of all of the types that you've pointed out, Dragons are the only thing that are even worth mentioning, and even then, what's it going to hurt doing Ice beam/Stone Edge/Super effective attack here? If you want to narrow it further, the only dragon types to even worry about are Dragonite and Haxorus, in which they both have very clear weaknesses (Haxorus is slow, and iirc there arent many running dragon dance as compared to CB/Scarf (which limits it anyway)/ Swords Dance.

In that case, if something is running rampant throughout the metagame, what you need is someone to balance out/decrease the power creep, not a new-type altogether, but new type combinations, new types of Pokemon instead of introducing overly powerful ones, things of that nature, really.
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Even with the new type inclusion, since it isn't strong against anything, it may not be used enough to even change current meta. Small chance for any pokemon to switch tiers. Gamefreak doesn't follow our meta. They have thier own standards that the or any new type would not effect since thier meta is bare bone simple.

Poison doesn't need any boosts and the resistance/immunity on top of the new type being offensive neutral as it is is screaming fake more and more I have time to think about it. Pointless fan bait if anything.
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Just because the metagame is dominated by something in particular, doesn't mean it's impossible to stop it. Out of all of the types that you've pointed out, Dragons are the only thing that are even worth mentioning, and even then, what's it going to hurt doing Ice beam/Stone Edge/Super effective attack here? If you want to narrow it further, the only dragon types to even worry about are Dragonite and Haxorus, in which they both have very clear weaknesses (Haxorus is slow, and iirc there arent many running dragon dance as compared to CB/Scarf (which limits it anyway)/ Swords Dance.
You forgot Salamence, Garchomp, Latios, Latias, and Hydreigon. The Latis, in particular, are also common in VGCs, not just Smogon's metagame. Also, keep in mind that Ice Beam and Stone Edge are one of the main reasons why Water and Fighting/Ground are dominant in the first place (Water outclasses Ice for doing everything better, Ground outclasses Rock in terms of offense, and Fighting are equiped with powerful coverage moves).

Quote:
In that case, if something is running rampant throughout the metagame, what you need is someone to balance out/decrease the power creep, not a new-type altogether, but new type combinations, new types of Pokemon instead of introducing overly powerful ones, things of that nature, really.
By that logic, GF shouldn't have made Steel and Dark, because the best way to fix Psychic types back in that day was more Bug and Ghost Pokemon and more Bug and Ghost moves. They also would've given one of the two types a resistance to Psychic types when redoing the type chart.

Quote:
Even with the new type inclusion, since it isn't strong against anything, it may not be used enough to even change current meta. Small chance for any pokemon to switch tiers. Gamefreak doesn't follow our meta. They have thier own standards that the or any new type would not effect since thier meta is bare bone simple.
Game Freak has stated that they do keep an eye on the metagame to see what needs to be fixed based on how often the Pokemon is used. Whether we like it or not, our metagame is slowly being accepted to our community and may someday replace GF's metagame.

Quote:
Poison doesn't need any boosts and the resistance/immunity on top of the new type being offensive neutral as it is is screaming fake more and more I have time to think about it. Pointless fan bait if anything.
So you wish to see Poison types suffer in the low tiers for lacking any boosts? Then what's the point having Poison types in the first place if they're neverused?

Last edited by Pinkie-Dawn; May 9th, 2013 at 06:41 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links