Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old May 10th, 2013 (08:11 AM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
At this point I'd be happy with any trailer or announcement, regardless of how anti climactic it may be. It seems like news flow has been slow these last couple of months.
Old May 10th, 2013 (08:52 AM).
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
I don't expect Nintendo to do any more revealing for Pokemon especially since they aren't hosting a major presentation at E3 this year.
Nintendo said that it's doing a bunch of Nintendo Directs around the time of E3 for consumers who, unlike the media and business aficionados to whom Nintendo will present information at the event, won't be there instead of the usual hullabaloo surrounding its annual presentation. Therefore, we'll still get lots of information around that time even though I hope that the upcoming Pokémon Smash episode and CoroCoro leak give us a ton of information which we can all analyze to kingdom come or death, whichever comes first.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old May 10th, 2013 (08:58 AM).
Gold Tier

I see Sylveon's type being significant news in the event that it is a new type, that would be a fairly significant announcement but Im not getting my hopes up for that. I want to know some game info, info on the Player Characters, region, maybe show us a human character or two. We litterally know almost nothing about any of that. I want some real info we can discuss and speculate on.
Old May 10th, 2013 (09:00 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Well I wonder what else they have to announce, I don't think Sylveon's typing along would be branded as a " a massive Pokémon X & Y special featuring Junichi Masuda with lots of information promised". Hopefully we'll get that and more by the looks of things.
As already mentioned though, 'big' often means 'not quite as big as we're expecting'. I gotta agree with XanderO and I'm not going to think about it too much in the event that it's something... stoopid.

I'm glad that the Pokémon shown outside of the initial trailer have been related to past Pokémon (Sylveon, the new Mewtwo form)- personally, I'd like to see one or two NEW new Pokémon. I may be wrong, but it didn't take them nearly this long to reveal more new Pokémon for the likes of DP or BW, so it's a bit frustrating that we STILL only have the starters and two legendaries to go on.

I'd kinda like to see the legendary trio (as in the sub-legendary trio, like the Musketeers/Elves/Golems/Beasts/Birds).

This one's called 'Blue', and it's very Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 10th, 2013 (09:24 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Yeah, BW had like 2 new mons every month after it's official announcement. With X and Y we get...Sylveon in February, and Mewtwo forme in April. However we did get the starters and mascots together so not all was bad.
Maybe corocoro will have a snippet of the antagonist, that way we can speculate on what they may want based on their uniforms...which considering Aqua,Galactic, and BW plasma they fit quite well with the teams goal. Pirate look for water, Spacewomen and men for space,and Knight Templar expy for a team with a templar like goal, and a conspirary inside of it too for added measure.
Old May 10th, 2013 (09:38 AM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

When you think about it, there's still so much more they've yet to reveal. We've got the Region, Cities, Pokedex, Gym Leaders, Protagonists, Antagonists, Evil Team(s), New features and more and as we get ever so closer to the release date, they're going to have to gradually increase the amount of information they release.
Old May 10th, 2013 (10:07 AM).
Night Of The Final Day

Nature: Sassy
When do you guys think they will go ahead and reveal the entire new pokedex? If I remember correctly, it's usually done around summer time?
Old May 10th, 2013 (10:22 AM).
Silver Tier

I'm actually hoping that they don't leak the dex as I want to discover the Pokémon on my own, and I feel it'll be hard to avoid spoilers if they do.

We do have a lot left to see, I expect this month and the next four to be full of BW rate info rather than what we've had since January.
Old May 10th, 2013 (10:24 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Well I wonder what else they have to announce, I don't think Sylveon's typing along would be branded as a " a massive Pokémon X & Y special featuring Junichi Masuda with lots of information promised". Hopefully we'll get that and more by the looks of things.
As stated before "Big" has always been a misleading word for the games. Once it turned into a Mewtwo Download back in Black and White when everyone was expecting remakes or Grey. There was a bit of major hype turned into petty disappointment. Sylveon's type may be the only thing IF we are lucky to even get that.

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
True, however Sylveon's type doesn't warrant as a big announcement for me, however it will be a big relief to finally know. Hopefully Corocoro will really have something worthy of being called big if Smash doesn't.
CoroCoro will tell us then Smash will repeat as is the norm with that pattern...The big announcement is on the 19th so its 4 days after CoroCoro...if we get no major news in CoroCoro we get no major news Smash on the 19th. Has a good chance to be a download event revolving around Eevee or Mewtwo. This week's (tomorrows) doesn't look to have anything of merit since we're supposed to get a big announcement next week.

Quote originally posted by RandomDSdevel:
Nintendo said that it's doing a bunch of Nintendo Directs around the time of E3 for consumers who, unlike the media and business aficionados to whom Nintendo will present information at the event, won't be there instead of the usual hullabaloo surrounding its annual presentation. Therefore, we'll still get lots of information around that time even though I hope that the upcoming Pokémon Smash episode and CoroCoro leak give us a ton of information which we can all analyze to kingdom come or death, whichever comes first.
Nintendo is doing small segments through their Direct Stream...yes. But since TPC is already doing this with Pokemon on their site this leads it to be highly probable that Nintendo will not be making any more streams for Pokemon. Especially with around 20 games popping out this Summer and Fall for the Wii U alone. There is also all the updates to the shops and new download games. There are a few new Mario spinoffs and Zelda games coming out which are both produced solely by Nintendo which will most likely be the focus of the Direct Streams. I doubt Nintendo will be doing anything Pokemon until September/October since they have no major presentations.

Quote originally posted by Jigglymilk:
When do you guys think they will go ahead and reveal the entire new pokedex? If I remember correctly, it's usually done around summer time?
Entire Pokedex never appears until closer to launch date. Usually 1-2 weeks before unless someone gets a copy eariler. Since the guys that usually get us the dex can't pull it straight from the cart like they used to with the 3DS being more encrypted, we may not have a full dex until the game's release and everyone either finds them all or TPC posts the full dex on their site.

Third option is they finally break the encryptions and are able to pull all the info off to supply to sites like Serebii and Bulbapedia.
Old May 10th, 2013 (10:38 AM).
Silver Tier

They say the news is XY related so I doubt it'll be an event, unless it's the event that activates Mewtwo's other forme in the games.
Old May 10th, 2013 (12:15 PM). Edited May 10th, 2013 by Xander Olivieri.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
They say the news is XY related so I doubt it'll be an event, unless it's the event that activates Mewtwo's other forme in the games.
They've done that in the past too. Said something was "x" version related and turned out to be the release event download or something stupid. Or something released in previous generation to unlock something in later generation. I mean watch...it'll be a B2W2 Mewtwo download that will need to be transferred to X and Y to trigger the actual event.

"Big" news related to x has no real meaning as far as Smash is concerned....PLUS we will already know what it is since this airs after CoroCoro. So Smash's relevancy just dropped a lot. All it did was say to expect something new"ish" in the coming CoroCoro that will then be talked about 4 days later as a recap.

......Just realizing....they could be releasing X and Y's official release date. That is still something we don't know about. Its X and Y related and would be considered "big" news by their standards.
Old May 10th, 2013 (02:25 PM).
Silver Tier

Well the release date would be good, then we can have an official countdown to the release . And we can learn if it really is coming out in the same day world wide rather then the same month like some have suggested.
Old May 10th, 2013 (04:14 PM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I hope they release it on the same day, i hate how America and Europe always have to wait -.- they made a big deal about releasing it worldwide, so changing that would be a pretty big disappointment

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 11th, 2013 (02:40 AM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

A release date would be pretty good, we would be able to establish the gap for different countries. Although I see the release date being more of a summer announcement, with only two or three months to go.
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:05 AM).

Nature: Calm
Did you see the CoroCoro "leak"? I saw that on serebii and there are 4 new Pokemon! Also in the picture the male trainer is riding a Pokemon. It says it is not confirmed yet tho Anyway, I liked the new Pokemon! The bird one is cute!!! :D

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:08 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think the bird is adorable, but I don't really like the look of that panda thing. I must have that bird if it is real though.
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:13 AM).

I like them. They are cool. I will get used to the Panda. I think they all are interesting. They translated their names and their types too. Can't wait to see the bird's final evolution! I love it .

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:14 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

soooo cute!! well, the mawile-looking thing isn't cute but WOW THE BIRD AND THE PANDA RFGHJKL have to have! hope they're real :x
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:20 AM).

I saw that on serebii "There appears to be more including the game's boxarts, and the Pokédex, as well as the region map but it's not completely visible." I can't wait to see!!!!!!

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:24 AM).

Nature: Adamant
I really like the panda and the goat, the bird is ok, just a little boring compared to his predecessor, while I don't really like the yellow one, I don't even know what it is xD.

Is the thing right to the panda the new pokédex?
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:26 AM).
Just keep swimming...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
I like all of these Pokemon, especially the panda Pokemon. And the yellow electric one somehow reminds me of Glaceon's. Looks like the PokeDex is slimmer than I thought now.
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:27 AM).

Quote originally posted by KeyDrop:

Is the thing right to the panda the new pokédex?
I was thinking the same! Guess we will see today haha
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:30 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Wow awesome!! I really hope they don't turn out to be fake!
So according to Serebii, here it goes: the Goat's name is Gogoat and he is a grass type.
He definitely looks incredibly cool, and it seems you can ride it?? amazing!!
The Lizard seems to be an electric type. Looks kinda weird, but cute.
The Panda is called Yanchamu and is supposed to be a fighting type.
The Bird is based on a Japanese Robin and is called Yayakoma.

Also, most of these pokemon supposedly have new Gen6 moves!!

Old May 11th, 2013 (05:36 AM).
The Pokémon Cartel

Nature: Jolly
The Pokédex sorta looks a tablet when opened. Anyways the panda Pokémon (if it's real) is my favorite Pokémon of Gen 6 so far.
Old May 11th, 2013 (05:38 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

The panda definitely looks awesome! My favorite so far as well
Although the goat looks pretty cool to, especially if you can ride it

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links