The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (05:44 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I love the panda and the goat a lot. I want them!

The new PokéDex, if that's it, looks cool too.
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (05:45 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Panda and goat my favorites as well so far!
The new Pokedex is okay i guess, looks very modern and futuristic

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (05:50 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Ooh, this must have only happened within the last hour or so, I checked Serebii this morning and nothing. Anyway I hope these are real, I love that Mawile looking one and I mentioned wanting a Robin Pokemon for this Generation and it looks so cute. The other two look pretty cool too, especially the one the male trainer is riding. All in all if these do turn out to be real, I have great expectations for this generations Pokedex.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (05:51 AM). Edited May 11th, 2013 by Guy.
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
If the map of the region is really there and shown like said, then I hope the name of the new region is revealed as well. It'll be so nice to finally call this new land by its name rather than the X/Y region.

Edit: It's called the KAROS REGION!
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (06:19 AM).
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Alright ! Finally some Info. I LOVE the Goat and the Panda. The bird is very odd looking but i can skip that. Looks interesting.
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (07:15 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
I do hope our new goat Pokemon has a good movepool similar to Sawsbuck, but that would mean Sawsbuck will have stiff competition for usage. I have a feeling that our Panda is going to have the stats of either Hariyama or Emboar.
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (07:28 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I do hope our new goat Pokemon has a good movepool similar to Sawsbuck, but that would mean Sawsbuck will have stiff competition for usage. I have a feeling that our Panda is going to have the stats of either Hariyama or Emboar.
Nah, I think it'd be more like Torterra honestly @ goat. Sawsbuck is too high class for it.

Panda maybe idk, Mienshao/Mienfoo? That's what comes to mind really.
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (08:19 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm hoping the goat has a good movepool.

I see the panda as having Hariyama stats too...maybe due to their bulk...
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (08:19 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

I guess the Panda will have a bulky evolution, so i automatically think of Haryama
Having his style of stats would be pretty cool, i wonder if he'll get a 2nd type

Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
Community Supporter

I wonder if the Panda may gain the Grass type upon evolution. That way we can get our Fighting/Grass Pokemon.
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (08:33 AM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
I guess the Panda will have a bulky evolution, so i automatically think of Haryama
Having his style of stats would be pretty cool, i wonder if he'll get a 2nd type
Agreed, his evolution will probs have a rather large build, maybe he'll become a sumo

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (08:36 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

I can see that bird Pokemon possibly evolving into that giant Bird from Bugs Life if it has a one stage evolution like Taillow & Swellow.

Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (08:42 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I wonder if the Panda may gain the Grass type upon evolution. That way we can get our Fighting/Grass Pokemon.
That's one possibility i was considering, might be true. We already have Breelom, but having another Fighting/Grass wouldn't be bad at all. I wonder if he might become a dark type, Since he seems to be the "naughty Pokemon"?

Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (08:45 AM).
Community Supporter

I meant beyond Breloom. Hope it get's Mach punch too.
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (09:33 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I can see that bird Pokemon possibly evolving into that giant Bird from Bugs Life if it has a one stage evolution like Taillow & Swellow.
Then I demand to see a Bug/Fighting Grasshopper in XY, so we could recreate that scene with the power of Source Film Maker.
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (09:39 AM).
Community Supporter

Great now I want to see a Bug/Fighting Grasshopper...we could use another grasshopper, so far we only have Scyther and he's part praying mantis.
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (10:05 AM).
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

I'm not really dissapointed! The bird reminds me of Pidove and wouldn't be my beginning Flying type. The electric/normal type is weird, I hope it will evolve twice so it can restore its 'ugliness'. I have to get used to the panda, though...

The region, despite being very unclear, really looks like France! Oh, and character customisation is finally available!

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
Community Supporter

The bird looks more like Taillow than Pidove if anything imo. Personally I perfer our new Robin over Pidove xD
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (10:21 AM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

By the way, let me just say that, GoGoat is pretty much the best name ever.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (10:24 AM).
Community Supporter

Yeah, I wish they keep it for the English localization.
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (03:35 PM).
Esper

I'm pretty pleased that they've included some (limited) character customization. It looks kind of like only the hair, but even if that's all it's still nice that they give us the option finally.

deviantart blog pair
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (03:55 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

I'm sure I read somewhere that you can also change the eye colour, that would be a nifty little addition.

Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (04:24 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I'm pretty pleased that they've included some (limited) character customization. It looks kind of like only the hair, but even if that's all it's still nice that they give us the option finally.
Skin colour, too. Two things. Maybe there'll be more, who knows?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (05:52 PM).
Navarch

I'm really hoping for Grass/Rock on Chespin. I can see it being almost like a knight, with maybe big shoulders, long claws, and a tail with a ball with spikes. Keeping the hat though, with a horn.

As for Fennekin, I think it should be very feminine. Fire/Psychic would be best IMO. Hey, if Chespin is going to be knight like, why not make a "royal" theme with the starters? Anyway, I'm hoping that the fire hair comes out of it's ears and makes a necklace with a orb on it. With red markings on it's legs and two tails dipped with red. Keeping the tan coloring of the body.

This may suprise people, but I'm really, really, hoping for Water/Dragon on Froakie. It could be a king with fin like dragon things on it's head making a crown (Think of Dragonite's Wings, but smaller I guess). Then, a moustache with Dragon Whiskers, like Magikarp kind of. Huge cloud as as a tail (think Whimsicott maybe?), along with clouds around it's wrists. Can learn fly and floats on clouds. Has sharp edges on arms, a bit like Gabite, but thinner with two on each.

Those are my hopes Starter Wise.
Old Posted May 11th, 2013 (08:48 PM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Anyone seen the unconfirmed info on PokeBeach? I sounds really good:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Back in February we were contacted by an individual who claimed to have X and Y insider information. Of course, our standard policy is to immediately doubt anyone like this and ignore them. However, the person was able to present several facts about their first-party source that we were able to verify and, without going into too many details, no normal individual would have ever even known about the existence of said original source were they not initiated (although there was some scant information about it on the Internet that proved the source existed). While mostly convinced that this person was the real deal, we decided to not post any of their information until we could know for sure whether or not one piece of their information was real.
Then in late April, Hiro, the guy who leaked several Black and White Pokemon before they were revealed, revealed that there would be a new type in X and Y called Fairy. That's funny, I thought. The source who contacted us back in February had also mentioned a new Fairy type. I resisted every urge to post the news that the February source had e-mailed us because, for all I knew, it was the same source giving information to Hiro and could still be fake. Plus, there was still nothing about their news that had been officially confirmed yet. While I tried to contact Hiro to ask him about his source, he never got back to me, and thus I was unable to figure out if his source was the same as mine or different altogether. Although the source did claim that they had only approached me, I still wanted to be cautious. Thus, I decided again to not post any of the info.
Then this morning, CoroCoro finally gave us the first major X and Y details since the games were first announced. Among those details was one tiny little tidbit that the source had first told me about in February - that there would be a new Electric move that drains its opponent's HP. This was the only attack that the person had told me about in February, and yet it is such a specific detail to make up. For that information to be verified three months later seems to indicate that the source is the real deal (unless they are just really good at guessing).
I want to emphasize that under the worst case scenario, I am still somehow, some way, being duped. It would not be the first time to tell you the truth, and all Pokemon webmasters have fallen for fake news before. Thus, I want everyone to take this news with a grain of salt until it is actually verified by Pokemon. If it is verified, then yay, we will be able to post other news this source has sent us since February and up until today. What you will see below is a sampling of some of the news the source has sent since February.
TL;DR - The source seems to be genuine, but still take the information below with a grain of salt. We are classifying it as unconfirmed. Do not soil our beach sand with red liquid if it turns out to be fake. :p
Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The professor's English name is Patrice.
The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
A few attacks will be dual-typed.
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
The source has sent us a lot more information since then, including several English Pokemon names, but again, I'm not going to post any of it until something more substantial than an attack effect is verified. I don't want to look like a complete fool if all of this is fake. If Fairy type and anything else above comes to be true in the next few weeks, I'll put up the rest of the information. If all of this is fake, well, at least I didn't let a potential good source go to waste - at least I tried to deliver potentially real and substantial news.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links