Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old May 12th, 2013 (02:29 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
But something as symbolic as the Eiffel Tower being a non explorable building would be a bit of a let down..
Old May 12th, 2013 (02:33 PM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Yeah it pretty much would. But i do think they'll use it as something, we'll see what

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 12th, 2013 (02:43 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
It could also be nothing. I mean there are a lot of large buildings in Castellia that you can not enter. It can be a land mark and nothing else.

You can clearly see the entrance. It's being used.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 12th, 2013 (02:59 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
At the very least they could put a legendary in it like they did with Victini in the Poke version of The Statue of Liberty. However I see it as being a battle facility, or maybe a look out tower...
Old May 12th, 2013 (04:15 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:

You can clearly see the entrance. It's being used.

Cyclone
I haven't seen one. Its always been posted as a background image.
Old May 12th, 2013 (06:15 PM).

Well now that I can be black or brown(aka my color) in the game I am going to pick the best name for my character!

Black Katchum!

Pokemon Names:
Batman!
Superman!
Po(Kung fu panda)!
AquaLad!
The Hulk!
and last but not least
Ace

What about yours?
Old May 12th, 2013 (09:59 PM).

Nature: Jolly
The eiffel tower building we see in the trailer could end up being a glorified gate.

It could be how we enter Miare city for the first time. After all if you look at the art of corocoro that shows the player riding the goat. You can see the eiffel tower road leads to busy market area.
Old May 13th, 2013 (12:04 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
The eiffel tower building we see in the trailer could end up being a glorified gate.

It could be how we enter Miare city for the first time. After all if you look at the art of corocoro that shows the player riding the goat. You can see the eiffel tower road leads to busy market area.
I doubt so, since it's based on the Eiffel tower it'd be in the dead centre of the city, so it can't be a gate, again, it's more likely a lookout tower used to show off the 3D

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 13th, 2013 (01:39 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I guess making it a lookout tower would be a pretty awesome way to show off the 3D features

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 13th, 2013 (02:48 AM).
Platinum Tier

Well they had those Binoculars in past generations at the Great Marsh and the Safari Zone, so maybe something like that at the peak of the Tower to look out over the Region would be a nice way to utilize the 3D graphics.
Old May 13th, 2013 (03:59 AM).

Maybe it will be be like the Nimbasa city's ferris wheel, you go on top of the tower with someone to advance on the story, maybe you can even look at the region while on a glass elevator. It would be awesome if a significant battle takes place on top of the tower, maybe against the leader of the evil team.
Old May 13th, 2013 (04:56 AM).
Eye of the Storm

I haven't seen one. Its always been posted as a background image.

That there is an entrance.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 13th, 2013 (05:36 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by KeyDrop:
Maybe it will be be like the Nimbasa city's ferris wheel, you go on top of the tower with someone to advance on the story, maybe you can even look at the region while on a glass elevator. It would be awesome if a significant battle takes place on top of the tower, maybe against the leader of the evil team.
I imagine your rival battling you there, or maybe the evil team if they take over the tower.
Old May 13th, 2013 (05:53 AM).

That there is an entrance.

Cyclone
That looks nothing like an entrance. The semi circle is all one color signifying that it is one solid piece. If anything its a part of the design making the tower a very large decorational statue. You can even see the shadow doing across the top portion showing its just a wall. Its a decoration.

Comparing it to the buildings in the side, its too large to be scaled down and the tower portion as well as the base is too narrow to allow people to go inside. So yes. Statue to decorate the center if that area.
Old May 13th, 2013 (06:09 AM).
Platinum Tier

But where has the player come from? there's no other entrance to that street he's skating down and if anything the Eiffel Tower building looks like a connection from one route to another.
Old May 13th, 2013 (06:24 AM). Edited May 13th, 2013 by Xander Olivieri.

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
But where has the player come from? there's no other entrance to that street he's skating down and if anything the Eiffel Tower building looks like a connection from one route to another.
There look to be roads on the side of the houses. The statue isn't against them. Its too large to be scaled down, no entrance visible in that picture, and its too small to allow someone inside. Basic reasoning skills say decoration. There have been many buildings in Pokemon games that you cannot access. Why would this being there for decoration be a great surprise? There were green houses in B/W/B2/W2 that you could not enter. Outside of special event you could not enter the ferris wheel either.

Its pretty common for buildings to exist in the Pokemon games that you could not get access to.

It may be a memorial statue for some event for either the region or city. It may have significance to the story, like maybe its a representation of a tower that exists in their legend. The way the design for the tower part looks like its being surrounded by vines.

Could be some story piece for Xerneaus and Yveltal.
Old May 13th, 2013 (06:44 AM). Edited May 13th, 2013 by SolarAbusoru.
Go Go PokéRangers

It's based on the Eiffel tower, it'd be incredibly dumb not to let people go inside or up it as, well, you can do that in real life, it's not a statue, it's a building, plus it's a lot larger in promo artwork in the recent scans, there will be a way to enter it, remember, the first trailer footage wasn't final, they probs hadn't finished modelling all of it yet.

Old May 13th, 2013 (07:15 AM).

Its too large to be scaled down, no entrance visible in that picture, and its too small to allow someone inside. Basic reasoning skills say decoration.
We know that for game logic the size of a building seen from the outside is usually different from the actual size of it. In the first 10 seconds of the announcement trailer, after pikachu uses thunder we can see that the tower is several times bigger than the model in the screenshot, based on the size of it compared to that of the other buildings.
Now considering that the model seen in the screenshot may have been not the definitive one, I think that we can't really exclude the possibility of the tower beeing an accessible building.

Talking about what could be inside, considering how pikachu's thunder reach all the world from the top of the tower, and the focus on the simultaneus worldwide release I think that could be an antenna, so at the base there could be the GTS.
Old May 13th, 2013 (07:24 AM).
Platinum Tier

It just seems a waste to let something as iconic as the Eiffel Tower to be left unexplored, there's so much they can do with it and although you say there are buildings that are there for decoration purposes it just seems too much of a giveaway.
Old May 13th, 2013 (07:28 AM).
Eye of the Storm

That looks nothing like an entrance. The semi circle is all one color signifying that it is one solid piece. If anything its a part of the design making the tower a very large decorational statue. You can even see the shadow doing across the top portion showing its just a wall. Its a decoration.

Comparing it to the buildings in the side, its too large to be scaled down and the tower portion as well as the base is too narrow to allow people to go inside. So yes. Statue to decorate the center if that area.
I'm sorry, I'm just not buying that story. They wouldn't put a landmark meant to represent the Eiffel Tower - the premiere landmark of Paris, and perhaps France as a whole - and not allow players to explore it. Obviously the player has a LOT of walking to do to get there, but that still looks like a door and it would obviously get closer to you as you walk towards it, meaning you would easily fit through the doorway.

Cyclone

Old May 13th, 2013 (08:12 AM).
fighter WINNER »
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
I'm sorry, I'm just not buying that story. They wouldn't put a landmark meant to represent the Eiffel Tower - the premiere landmark of Paris, and perhaps France as a whole - and not allow players to explore it. Obviously the player has a LOT of walking to do to get there, but that still looks like a door and it would obviously get closer to you as you walk towards it, meaning you would easily fit through the doorway.
Maybe there's a possible entrance, but we're just seeing it from the wrong side? If anything though, it is odd because it has the shadows amongst other things that Xander has pointed out. For the sake of optimism, I'm going to say that there's a good possibility that there's some sort of elevator somewhere that'll take you to different floors/rooms inside there possibly, but then again....eh.

Today, we fight our way to victory
VMPMAMA
And to fight to create our legacy.
Old May 13th, 2013 (08:35 AM).

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
Maybe there's a possible entrance, but we're just seeing it from the wrong side? If anything though, it is odd because it has the shadows amongst other things that Xander has pointed out. For the sake of optimism, I'm going to say that there's a good possibility that there's some sort of elevator somewhere that'll take you to different floors/rooms inside there possibly, but then again....eh.
I don't really know if we can take that screenshot seriously, if you look at the same scene during the trailer you can see that the "door" is totally white, and it seem to be lighten up from the inside.
Old May 13th, 2013 (08:38 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote originally posted by KeyDrop:
I don't really know if we can take that screenshot seriously, if you look at the same scene during the trailer you can see that the "door" is totally white, and it seem to be lighten up from the inside.
I had a squint, and it could possibly be a light inside of an entrance

Old May 13th, 2013 (09:18 AM).
Platinum Tier

Well I'm pretty sure that screen will be different to what the final game entails, the games are still in development so I'm pretty sure that graphics will have been touched up by October.
Old May 13th, 2013 (10:31 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by SolarAbusoru:
I doubt so, since it's based on the Eiffel tower it'd be in the dead centre of the city, so it can't be a gate, again, it's more likely a lookout tower used to show off the 3D
Or it could still be a gate, but one that connects different parts of the city.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links