The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:51 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Looks like there is alot of light coming from it

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:04 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post

Looks like there is alot of light coming from it
Looks like a video clip capture is more reliable than an official screenshot, that definitely is light this time

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:17 AM
KeyDrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Looks like a video clip capture is more reliable than an official screenshot, that definitely is light this time
I consider it equally reliable, it's just the proof that not everything we see in those screenshot is gonna be exactly the same in the game. Everything could be different in the final product.
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyDrop View Post
I consider it equally reliable, it's just the proof that not everything we see in those screenshot is gonna be exactly the same in the game. Everything could be different in the final product.
Screen shot is both newer and on a different street from what I can see. I know the video was beta material too so guess we'll have to wait for another update since its possible both are highly possible to be outdated.

The tower in the video is also a different color than the screen shot so its either or unless we can find another screen shot of the tower that is more up to date.
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Screen shot is both newer and on a different street from what I can see. I know the video was beta material too so guess we'll have to wait for another update since its possible both are highly possible to be outdated.

The tower in the video is also a different color than the screen shot so its either or unless we can find another screen shot of the tower that is more up to date.
Looking at the video shot and screenshot, the video shot is actually a lot higher quality, more polygons, actually has a person in it and better shadows, if anything the screenshot is even more beta than the video shot

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
It's based on the Eiffel tower, it'd be incredibly dumb not to let people go inside or up it as, well, you can do that in real life, it's not a statue, it's a building, plus it's a lot larger in promo artwork in the recent scans, there will be a way to enter it, remember, the first trailer footage wasn't final, they probs hadn't finished modelling all of it yet.
There has been no confirmation that this is based off of the Eiffel tower. We assume it is because of pikachu's thing, but there hasn't been any official word on anything. Look at the ditto incident. All these big elaborate theories came up about Ditto being Failed Mew clones. Gamefreak does an interview and were like "what!? No its just based off a smiley face." Our assumptions are all that we have.

The video also contained the Beta work. The screenshot is newer meaning its closer to final product but we'll have to see another updated picture when they release one.

Its also incredibly stupid to add real world icons to games that aren't part of the real world. I don't see the point in that being a building when its in proper placement for a monument. Makes perfect sense for it to be a statue for iconic reference rather than an unimportant building.

Quote:
We know that for game logic the size of a building seen from the outside is usually different from the actual size of it. In the first 10 seconds of the announcement trailer, after pikachu uses thunder we can see that the tower is several times bigger than the model in the screenshot, based on the size of it compared to that of the other buildings.
Now considering that the model seen in the screenshot may have been not the definitive one, I think that we can't really exclude the possibility of the tower beeing an accessible building.

Talking about what could be inside, considering how pikachu's thunder reach all the world from the top of the tower, and the focus on the simultaneus worldwide release I think that could be an antenna, so at the base there could be the GTS.
GTS station would be cool. Placement of the thing would be pretty well planned. Would make it into a radio station. Kinda like that Japanese radio tower. Forgot its name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
It just seems a waste to let something as iconic as the Eiffel Tower to be left unexplored, there's so much they can do with it and although you say there are buildings that are there for decoration purposes it just seems too much of a giveaway.
They could make it a fairly empty building with no major impact either. History wise we get a lot of good building locations that are empty or has an npc give you a pokeball. If there isn't a major story point for it, its a wasted moment whether its a statue or a building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I'm sorry, I'm just not buying that story. They wouldn't put a landmark meant to represent the Eiffel Tower - the premiere landmark of Paris, and perhaps France as a whole - and not allow players to explore it. Obviously the player has a LOT of walking to do to get there, but that still looks like a door and it would obviously get closer to you as you walk towards it, meaning you would easily fit through the doorway.

Cyclone
There is no meant to represent there. Gamefreak has said nothing on this. We're making assumptions. These assumptions have also given us all the now proven false fairy rumors. It looks like a lot of different radio towers. The most up to date image shown doesn't have the white light based on what was shown.

Quote:
I don't really know if we can take that screenshot seriously, if you look at the same scene during the trailer you can see that the "door" is totally white, and it seem to be lighten up from the inside.
Video is older and full of beta unfinished work.

Quote:
Looking at the video shot and screenshot, the video shot is actually a lot higher quality, more polygons, actually has a person in it and better shadows, if anything the screenshot is even more beta than the video shot
Video is older than the screenshot though. Gunna have to see if the add more to it. Not impossible for a door to appear and disappear through beta work. Everything isn't finished so next update should come up. Though like I said before it also looks like its two different areas. There could have a door on a different side. We just have to wait for more updates.
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:20 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I believe the tower is like the fountain in Castelia with the dancers in BW, where the different routes connect. Also it could have a opening in a different side, if so than I'm guessing the camera may work like in Castelia with the streets.
wonder why they split the dex up into three areas and not more.
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
The names on PokeBeach sound horrid.
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Not such a fan of Fletchling but I do like Helioptile, the other two are fine.

Old May 13th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Its also incredibly stupid to add real world icons to games that aren't part of the real world. I don't see the point in that being a building when its in proper placement for a monument. Makes perfect sense for it to be a statue for iconic reference rather than an unimportant building.

GTS station would be cool. Placement of the thing would be pretty well planned. Would make it into a radio station. Kinda like that Japanese radio tower. Forgot its name.
They will not add a figure and give it a real world name. That would suggest that this is all in our world. They wouldn't do that. However, they can put a tower with a resemblence to the real world figure. Victini's home, Liberty Garden, has been referred to as the Unova Statue of Liberty (Liberty Island).

Here, people have associated the Eiffel Tower with the tower because of France. Is it the Eiffel Tower? No. Is it meant to be the Pokémon equivalent? I say yes. Will it be explorable? I'm 90% certain that yes, it will be. I just don't know WHAT it will be. Even if it's nothing more than a gate, it means it's accessible (though that's a huge building for a gate).

Quote:
There is no meant to represent there. Gamefreak has said nothing on this. We're making assumptions. These assumptions have also given us all the now proven false fairy rumors. It looks like a lot of different radio towers. The most up to date image shown doesn't have the white light based on what was shown.
If there is an open doorframe with white light coming out, chances are it's used for something. Of course, in the final product, it could be sealed. However, right now, as we are looking at it, there appears a possibility that it will be open. And I think more people here hope it's an open building.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 13th, 2013, 04:53 PM
zoroarkrules25

I like the new reveal, the panda is my favorite. Although why are we debating the size of the elifle tower? Also now we can walk diagonally and the customization is cool to.
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoroarkrules25 View Post
Although why are we debating the size of the elifle tower?
We're not. It's 324m tall, has three floors, and nine lifts/elevators in it. This is not being debated.

What is being debated is the size of the one in the game. And that we can debate, quite simply, because we can.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 13th, 2013, 07:49 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I like it that Gogoat supposedly kept it's name, also Helioptile sounds cool xD
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:26 PM
MarinoKadame

Fletchling is baaad. I don't know why they took an horrible name like that.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Helioptile sounds odd. Is that pronounced "He-lee-ohp-tile"?

Fletchling is ok I guess, it sounds a bit uninspired though. Gogoat is nice although it sounds like you're stuttering when you mention it. Panchum seems pretty obvious now that I look at it. "Punch em" or "Panda + Chum"
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I really like all of the names but Fletchling, which sounds so weird.
The fact that Gogoat keeps his name is great, and Panchum is such a cute one :D

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Hopefully if Fletching is the real name and assuming it can evolve, it will gain a better name for it's evolution.

Old May 14th, 2013, 04:11 AM
metalhand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMnwB6neGlY
a new trailer by the pokemon official youtube channel

WOW, miare city look huge!
and probably there gonna be a grass type gym
Old May 14th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
EDIT: AHHHHHH BEATEN

I just hope I'm able to ride a Tauros or something, lol. Can't wait to see how the riding function plays out.

Last edited by Mariah Carey; May 14th, 2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 04:43 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
I love the being able to ride on Gogoat - hopefully it will be transferable to Rapidash.. And as someone mentioned in the Youtube comments with the detail we can see they might have to draw each individual surfing. or else they'll give us a boat.. I don't like the thought of that :/

Deceased:

Old May 14th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Since this is pretty big, i thought it would be best to create a specific thread for it. The English trailer gave the names of four new Pokemons and they're the same as The guy gave Pokebeach. This probably means that following are also Confirmed :

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).

Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

The professor's English name is Patrice.

The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.

The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.

A few attacks will be dual-typed.

There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Massive Changes !

Last edited by Mujahid; May 14th, 2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Scorpiopt

where the hell this where confirmed? cant see any of it in the trailer

Old May 14th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
where the hell this where confirmed? cant see any of it in the trailer
The Guy revealed the English names of the four Pokemons Yesterday. They were confirmed today.
These are other rumours he posted.
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
This is a rather large leap. For starters, I have no idea which trailer you're talking about, but of course that doesn't mean anything. Just because one thing was true doesn't automatically confirm all these others. That's just not how it works. These will be proven true when they are actually shown. Plus, attacks being dual-typed is just ridiculous. I can't really ever see that happening.

EDIT: If this is the trailer you mean, it didn't release any names whatsoever, so I have no idea what you're getting at...
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm really impressed about how good the graphics look. From the first trailer revealed to this it definitely looks like the quality got a jump. I'm very pleased with it! Plus, riding Gogoat looks cool (although I hope that just a minigame or something, since I don't want to be forced to have a Pokémon like that to act as a new Bike).

Sponsored Links