The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
This is a rather large leap. For starters, I have no idea which trailer you're talking about, but of course that doesn't mean anything. Just because one thing was true doesn't automatically confirm all these others. That's just not how it works. These will be proven true when they are actually shown. Plus, attacks being dual-typed is just ridiculous. I can't really ever see that happening.
These aren't the things that the trailer confirmed. Let me simplify this, Someone told Pokebeach yesterday that the English names of the four new pokemons would be GoGoat,Panchum,Helioptile and Fletchling. These were confirmed today. That same guy gave Pokebeach the aforementioned Rumors. So it's highly Likely That they are true.
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Scorpiopt

the names are indeed on the pokemon site

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/

Old May 14th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
This is heap load of things, and it's better off being discussed in the X/Y General Chat and Speculation thread. While he did get some things right, namely the new Electric move and the names of the new Pokémon, it's not completely confirmed that everything he's said it correct. It's still speculation until officially proven.
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Being gone all weekend took me out of the loop, so I had no idea what was updated on the official site! But yes, as myself and Shivi have both stated, just because one thing is true doesn't mean the rest is true. I'm sorry, but dual-typed attacks? I know I said this before, but that is absolutely ridiculous. Not even looking at the competitive aspect of the game, if something was a dual-typed attack to like Fighting/Ground, things like Aggron are now taking x8 damage from the attack. I just severely doubt anything like that would ever happen, it breaks in-game mechanics as well. Nothing should have that much of a boost without having to use set-up moves prior.
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Guy
just a guy

On another note, there seems to be a lot of emphasis on nature, specifically the forests and the skies. I'm sensing a good plot about nature vs. the effects of science by the hands of man; DNA manipulation to be more precise.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Mujahid

Yeah, but we said the same thing for Triple battles. It's true that they are rumors untill proven but the latest update adds a lot of credibility to them. I honestly don't oppose Dual Type moves. They DO make sense. Why isn't Fire Punch Fire/Fighting ? same for other punches. Muddy Water being Ground/Water ? Yes, they will screw up the current metagame and probably create chaos but GF can alter the Battle Mechanism somewhat to make them Less OP ?

we'll have to see what happens next but Dual Type moves are highly possible at the moment.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Being gone all weekend took me out of the loop, so I had no idea what was updated on the official site! But yes, as myself and Shivi have both stated, just because one thing is true doesn't mean the rest is true. I'm sorry, but dual-typed attacks? I know I said this before, but that is absolutely ridiculous. Not even looking at the competitive aspect of the game, if something was a dual-typed attack to like Fighting/Ground, things like Aggron are now taking x8 damage from the attack. I just severely doubt anything like that would ever happen, it breaks in-game mechanics as well. Nothing should have that much of a boost without having to use set-up moves prior.
I don't think that's how it'll work. From what I can see, the mechanics for dual-type moves would be like this: The move will always be its primary type. If a Pokemon is NVE to the move's primary type, then it'll use its secondary type, to prevent Pokemon like Aggron to receive 16x damage. If a Pokemon resists both types of the move, then it'll randomly pick one of the two types.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I don't think that's how it'll work. From what I can see, the mechanics for dual-type moves would be like this: The move will always be its primary type. If a Pokemon is NVE to the move's primary type, then it'll use its secondary type, to prevent Pokemon like Aggron to receive 16x damage. If a Pokemon resists both types of the move, then it'll randomly pick one of the two types.
Not that I'm disclaiming this or anything, but where did you actually get this information from? It seems like a very convoluted system in all honestly. Having to worry about which type they set as the primary type, changing it based on the other Pokémon's type, and having to randomize it just seems way more complicated than anything. It's just another factor being thrown into the player's faces that I doubt anyone would really want to deal with.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Forever
let it go

hm, i'm interested in the box art being grassy for one, and the sky for the other. kind of hints to a land vs sky theme kinda.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Guy
just a guy

BIG NEWS!

This is so huge, that I have to put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:
WE CAN SIT ON A BENCH, YA'LL!

Old May 14th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Not that I'm disclaiming this or anything, but where did you actually get this information from? It seems like a very convoluted system in all honestly. Having to worry about which type they set as the primary type, changing it based on the other Pokémon's type, and having to randomize it just seems way more complicated than anything. It's just another factor being thrown into the player's faces that I doubt anyone would really want to deal with.
It's a system I thought up of that could make dual-typed moves work if this rumor was true. There have been other convoluted systems added to Pokemon such as Hidden Power's type mechanic, so there really isn't too bad about this idea for the rumored mechanic.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Mujahid

A couple of things we haven't talked about.

A new Move is called "Parabolic Charge". This exceeds the 12 character limit we had for Moves. Do you think the 10Character limit for Pokemon names will also be extended ?

Another thing is regarding this image
Spoiler:

Both of them have bracelets with the DNA symbol that was present on Japanese Logos.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Lol Shivi. The bench is definitely the biggest thing these games have ever seen!

I'm assuming the bracelets are probably the new Pokétch/C-Gear/Whatever. They definitely look interesting, and it's cool having it back on your wrist again. Maybe it will be a new version of the Pokétch instead of a new system they work up?
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
How 'bout this:

Since were all talking about dual-type moves, think of it like HP or Judgement. Both of these moves can be of any type, but only one at a time. It is possible that a move that has already existed could get another type, a second type and stay like that until some method can alter it, like Arceus' Judgement, although, they might stay that type forever just like HP. Can keep all of it's in-battle effects, but its of a different type than it's original.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:52 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
well, after watching that trailer I had to get new pants.
That was simply amazing

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Love all the new info on the English site, especially that you can change outfits. I definitely like the female protag more now that I know I can change her clothes.
And sitting. And people in cars. So great.
Also:

Check out those feet. Skating around at the speed of sound.
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:31 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Honestly I'd say the dual type moves rumour has been officially debunked thanks to this 1 screenshot:

There simply is no room for a second type icon

Old May 14th, 2013, 07:33 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post

BIG NEWS!

This is so huge, that I have to put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:
WE CAN SIT ON A BENCH, YA'LL!

I know right, I've been waiting for this moment since generation 3!
Also in that picture it has what seems to be a gym, you know the building with the league sign in it. Wonder what type it could be...
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Honestly I'd say the dual type moves rumour has been officially debunked thanks to this 1 screenshot:

but they said the starters were single types anyway. as for their evolutions, well, chespin learns rollout SOOO.
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:40 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Okay, I've seen the new X/Y gameplay trailer, and saw some moves the starters got:
-Chespin gets Leech Seed (which could come in handy if it came with bulky stats; if it has stats comparable to fast, frail sweepers, it can make use of SubSeed effectively)
-Fennekin gets Fire Spin (I think)
-Froakie gets BubbleBeam or Water Pulse (idk, it's hard to tell which)

Edit @above screenshot: oh, looks like Vine Whip got a PP upgrade.

Old May 14th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mujahid

Quote:

That's a good point. But, maybe the dual type moves will have abbreviated types ? Like ,thunderpunch would be displayed as ELC/FIG ? We'll have to see.
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Yup @ the above moves. It looked like either Bubble or Bubblebeam to me for Froakie, but the other two definitey seemed to be Leech Seed and Fire Spin. Vine Whip sort of needed the boost anyways, 10 PP for a 50 base power move was a little low don't you think? Kind of what they did with Mega Drain and Giga Drain.
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
but they said the starters were single types anyway. as for their evolutions, well, chespin learns rollout SOOO.
He's refering to the rumor of two type moves, not that chespin is unitype. I hope the two type move doesn't come true, unless if it's a fusion of two moves (that work similiar to the Oaths of Gen V)
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
You seemed to have misread
There's been a rumour going around that Pokemon MOVES themselves, not the Pokemon, the moves will be dual typed, this screenshot totally debunks that rumour.

Old May 14th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Quote:

The rumor of a move having two types at the same time is certainly debunked, but it is still plausible that a move can transform to another type. Just sayin', a move turning to another type isn't completely farfetch'd. Hidden power is an example and another example is Judgement of Arceus.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links