Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:47 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I wouldn't mind a move that type varies...maybe a physical version of Hidden power?
Stand for Life
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:52 AM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post

BIG NEWS!

This is so huge, that I have to put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:
WE CAN SIT ON A BENCH, YA'LL!

we can sit on a bench, skate and ride on a (go)goat-BEST GAME EVER!

but all those additions in the little details are really nice to see
Friend Code: 2981-6462-6027
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
That rumor technically isn't debunked yet (as I'd prefer it to be), as it never stated that every move is dual-typed. I mean, things like Tackle and Vine Whip or pretty much solidly single typed, so it doesn't really prove or debunk it at all. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Community Supporter

It could be a new move that is duel type...that'll be something special. If it does exist I'll hope that they keep it limited to one Pokemon. Maybe they could even give it to a Pokemon with a 4x weakness like Marcargo.
Stand for Life
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Forever
let it go

Oh oops blame my cold but my point holds true, Chespin learning rollout could possibly hint to grass/rock or grass/ground imo.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:08 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Oh oops blame my cold but my point holds true, Chespin learning rollout could possibly hint to grass/rock or grass/ground imo.
Miltank knows Rollout and she's only normal type so Chespin having Rollout doesn't really hint it's next type, if anything it knows Rollout cause well, it's a hedgehog, and they roll into balls, it's basically Chespin performing a spindash

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:10 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Apparently, the starters get their STAB moves at level 5:
Spoiler:

Also, check this out; yes, I'm aware that it's already confirmed that Chespin gets Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip and Rollout:
Spoiler:

I'm actually surprised that Froakie gets Quick Attack; will we actually have a fast Water starter this time around? Chespin players might be at an edge here, since they can hit the rival's Fennekin with a supereffective Rollout

Old May 14th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
A move that changes type during battle is completely different than a move that is two types at once, or one that is a variety of types but only one at once.

If during battle a move were to be random (50% chance of being one type, 50% chance of being another) that would ruin a whole lot of strategy that the game is known for having. Strategy means having as little chance as possible, and critical hits are this game's incorporation of chance.
Imagine you're against a Gym Leader, who has a Dark Pokémon (I wish), and your Pokémon has Fire Punch, now a Fire/Fighting attack, and Jump Kick, just Fighting. Would you risk using Fire Punch? Of course not! Imagine you select it, it randomly uses the Fire type, you don't do much damage, and the enemy uses the opportunity to knock out your Pokémon.
So in the end, why would you even have Fire Punch? It's too risky when you don't know which type it will be, even for casual players. At least Hidden Power, while random, is only one type ever. And you can control what type Judgment is. They are predetermined, even if they are not always the same.

And if the attack is just simply 2 types at once, there WILL be a huge problem with STAB and weaknesses. And if the attack will only use one type to determine STAB or weakness, why bother with the second one? A new type is one thing, but dual-typed attacks I feel will just make it more difficult for newcomers or young children to understand (and probably even series veterans), and STAB and super effective hits will be everywhere.

I know this was kind of a long rant, but of all the things listed on PokéBeach, I think dual-type attacks are the most absurd. The fact that the source on PokéBeach was correct about the English names is one thing; he could still be wrong about the others, or have made them up.

(And that extra battle system for Flying and Levitate Pokémon? So you can't battle certain trainers without Flying Pokémon, considering how Rotation and Triple battles went. That seems a bit extreme.)
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Wow, I've been away from the PC for a few hours and come back to find all these images and a new trailer. After watching that I really think these games are gearing up to really stand out from the crowd! Even just after looking at some screenshots I'm much more excited for these games than I was for Black & White and you can get new outfits and accessories too.
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon

Last edited by Hoenn; May 14th, 2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

Does the second icon at the bottom confirm Ribbons as a major inclusion in this game?
"Cold-Blooded"
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Good catch! It appears like Musicals or Contests will certainly be making a return. I'm hoping for Contests in the style of the anime to make an appearance. The new graphics definitely allow for that sort of thing to be able to happen.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:41 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
Good catch! It appears like Musicals or Contests will certainly be making a return. I'm hoping for Contests in the style of the anime to make an appearance. The new graphics definitely allow for that sort of thing to be able to happen.
Since Kalos is France, contests are pretty much a given
I have just thought of something though, It's quite possible that gym leader Elesa might make a cameo, since Kalos is France, and France is famous for fashion and beauty, it'd make sense for a fashion model such as Elesa to appear there.

Old May 14th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Helioptile sounds odd. Is that pronounced "He-lee-ohp-tile"?

Fletchling is ok I guess, it sounds a bit uninspired though. Gogoat is nice although it sounds like you're stuttering when you mention it. Panchum seems pretty obvious now that I look at it. "Punch em" or "Panda + Chum"
Its Pancham. Panda + Champ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
Since this is pretty big, i thought it would be best to create a specific thread for it. The English trailer gave the names of four new Pokemons and they're the same as The guy gave Pokebeach. This probably means that following are also Confirmed :

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).

Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

The professor's English name is Patrice.

The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.

The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.

A few attacks will be dual-typed.

There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Massive Changes !
Most if that is fake. Sylveon is Supposedly fairy...she's STRONG against Ice. Ice isn't listed in her SE list. Therefore that Fairy type list posted is fake. Either because they list Sylveon as Fairy or because they did not include Ice type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Apparently, the starters get their STAB moves at level 5:
Spoiler:

Also, check this out; yes, I'm aware that it's already confirmed that Chespin gets Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip and Rollout:
Spoiler:

I'm actually surprised that Froakie gets Quick Attack; will we actually have a fast Water starter this time around? Chespin players might be at an edge here, since they can hit the rival's Fennekin with a supereffective Rollout
They might have just been put like that for the screen shot. Its not that uncommon for them to do things like that especially when showing off the game. As for Froakie using Quick Attack, that was what the rumored attack from the original trailer was. Back when everyone was wanting Froakie to be Fighting type. With how fast he moves in the trailer it makes sense that it was Quick Attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon_68 View Post

Does the second icon at the bottom confirm Ribbons as a major inclusion in this game?
No, that's achievements as far as I can see. They have that on B/W/B2/W2. You can still get things like Effort Ribbon and Champion Ribbon. Downloaded Pokemon have the Premier Ribbon as well. That page was renamed Achievements I think for the Pokemon. So far there hasn't been any other representation for ribbons and contests to return. It doesn't look like they are doing the Special stats for contests either.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Community Supporter

Does anyone know what the computer sign in the pokemon profile mean? And what does the ??? in the lowerleft mean?
Stand for Life
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

It might be that the they have the fourth moveslot selected, and since there is nothing there it's just question marks? However there isn't really any visible cursor over it or any of the other moves, so it beats me. It also looks like it's faded out and non-selectable too, so I guess I have no idea =x
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:51 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Does anyone know what the computer sign in the pokemon profile mean? And what does the ??? in the lowerleft mean?
The computer icon is surrounded by a red ring, meaning it's selected, so it means what you're seeing in that screenshot, Pokemon moves

Old May 14th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
the computer symbol is information. Like the basic information. Though I don't think this mock up is final product. If it is then Stats would be under achievements as well which would be wierd since its normal stats, nature and Characeristic would be there with its ribbons...

the ??? is where the Hold Item usually is.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:57 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
the computer symbol is information. Like the basic information. Though I don't think this mock up is final product. If it is then Stats would be under achievements as well which would be wierd since its normal stats, nature and Characeristic would be there with its ribbons...

the ??? is where the Hold Item usually is.
Actually I believe the stats will be on the bottom screen, with the moves on the top screen as we can see there.
So the computer symbol is indeed information.

Old May 14th, 2013, 08:58 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
They might have just been put like that for the screen shot. Its not that uncommon for them to do things like that especially when showing off the game. As for Froakie using Quick Attack, that was what the rumored attack from the original trailer was. Back when everyone was wanting Froakie to be Fighting type. With how fast he moves in the trailer it makes sense that it was Quick Attack.
Thing is, I never knew it was Quick Attack back in one of the first trailers, so it's good to see that it's confirmed.

Old May 14th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Community Supporter

Oh okay, I think they should've put None instead of ??? as that's confusing.
It does seem to be missing somethings, wonder if the stat menu may have had some changes they want to hide for now...like maybe the number of IV's and EV's!
Stand for Life
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:59 AM
MarinoKadame

I just don't want the Patrice name for the professor to be true since I would like another Female professor and not one more male.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:59 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Oh okay, I think they should've put None instead of ??? as that's confusing.
It does seem to be missing somethings, wonder if the stat menu may have had some changes they want to hide for now...like maybe the number of IV's and EV's!
Remember this game is still for kids as young as 3 years old (as seen in the PAL boxart), they wouldn't show something as complex as EVs and IVs on the status screen as it'd just confuse kids.

Old May 14th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I severely doubt that the status screen is ever going to show us EVs and IVs. The games themselves very rarely make even references to them (other than a few random people telling you about the highest IV or whatever), and I don't expect that to change any time soon.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Community Supporter

Some kids are smart enougn to figure them out, heck some 3 year olds know how to use tablets and computers...they could always google what they are. Besides it'll be nice to have something like that...
Stand for Life
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I agree that it would definitely be nice, but it's an aspect of the games that is kept secret in the games themselves. Of course anyone could go look them up and figure them out, but Game Freak and Nintendo don't care at all about the competitive aspect of the game. They aren't going to add something that's going to help people battle competitively, not because they're against it, but because it really doesn't have any significance on the games themselves.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links