Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old May 14th, 2013 (09:31 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Some kids are smart enougn to figure them out, heck some 3 year olds know how to use tablets and computers...they could always google what they are. Besides it'll be nice to have something like that...
The majority of 3 year olds though have no idea what the numbers would mean, yes some kids are smart enough, but the key word is SOME, not most, most 3 year olds haven't properly learned to read, so it would be unfair to suddenly shove a complicated system right in their faces, so no, EVs and IVs will never be visible, they'll always be hidden but subtly referred to.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 14th, 2013 (09:41 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Yeah but the majority of the fan base is 10-13, which know (I hope) how to read adequately. Besides if they can't read IV's and Ev's they may not know how to read the stats...little kids will simply ignore them like they do with the stats.
Old May 14th, 2013 (09:43 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Yeah but the majority of the fan base is 10-13, which know (I hope) how to read adequately. Besides if they can't read IV's and Ev's they may not know how to read the stats...little kids will simply ignore them like they do with the stats.
If they're gonna be ignored and not gonna be read by anyone other than the older crowd (who are not really the intended audience) then that's even more reason never to make them visible, as it'd be a waste of screen space.

Old May 14th, 2013 (09:47 AM).
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
They could easily show a screen with 'capabilities' with a talent-percentage (iv/31 * 100) and a bar that shows how well a certain stat is trained (ev's per stat) and overall trained (total ev's). Nothing confusing there and anyone could understand it. Have a character explain that each Pokémon has different talents and that how you care for your Pokémon trains their stats differently and you're done.
Old May 14th, 2013 (10:01 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by SolarAbusoru:
If they're gonna be ignored and not gonna be read by anyone other than the older crowd (who are not really the intended audience) then that's even more reason never to make them visible, as it'd be a waste of screen space.
I've met many 10-13 year olds who do competitive battle so some of them will get them. I myself was one of them back when I was that age. Also the ignoring usually takes place with kids less than 8 that I've seen. Older kids tend to care about these kinds of stuff. Besides what happened to GF wanting to appeal to older fans or was that a Gen 5 only thing?
Old May 14th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

I've met many 10-13 year olds who do competitive battle so some of them will get them. I myself was one of them back when I was that age. Also the ignoring usually takes place with kids less than 8 that I've seen. Older kids tend to care about these kinds of stuff. Besides what happened to GF wanting to appeal to older fans or was that a Gen 5 only thing?
Yes they want to appeal to older fans, but their target audience is still young children, and so they'll make sure the games can be picked up and easily understood by them, Pokemon is one of those games that's easy to pick up, hard to master, GF wouldn't make it confusing to pick up at first, so EV and IVs would be hidden, for the older more competitive players to find on their own.

Old May 14th, 2013 (10:07 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
It really doesn't matter what their ages are though. IVs and EVs are not meant to be known. That's why they were hidden in the first place and why we get vague information when trying to figure it out in game and have to revert to looking at online sources for more accurate numbers.
Old May 14th, 2013 (10:09 AM).
Silver Tier

I'm going to changd the topic as we're going back and forth now, no side will agree at this rate xD. So when do you guys expect we'll see the antagonists?
Old May 14th, 2013 (10:14 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

I'm going to changd the topic as we're going back and forth now, no side will agree at this rate xD. So when do you guys expect we'll see the antagonists?
Soon, maybe, when were the antagonists of Black/White revealed? maybe we'll know around the same time frame

Old May 14th, 2013 (10:18 AM).
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Later, rather than sooner, I hope. I'd like some big 'surprises' at game release.

Speaking of that, how much is generally revealed before the release?
Old May 14th, 2013 (10:27 AM).
Silver Tier

We usually know the region, Who the rival is, around 10-15 new mons (including mascots and starters), the antagonists, around 5+ moves, and the professor, oh and the starting town/city before the release of a generation.
Old May 14th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
If that's all that's generally left, then expect to see a sparse amount of information over the next 5 months =P Of course they've already broken the mold for information since I don't feel like we've ever had this much information so early before the games release. If anything, I expect the antagonist, Sylveon's typing/the new type (if it happens), plus everything else listed to be thrown out there for us. I'm honestly expecting a little more than that though.
Old May 14th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
Silver Tier

It's interesting how the rival wasn't revealed in this issue (sre it's big but) as they're usually revealed with the PCs artwork.
I hope she (I'm tired of guy rivals and so far our female rivals have been accompanied by guys and so has the only female professor...) isn't too friendly with the player. Also it'll be nice if we met her outside of our hometown like with Silver in GSC and make her a stranger as well.
Old May 14th, 2013 (10:49 AM).
Unburden Belly Drum
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
It's interesting how the rival wasn't revealed in this issue (sre it's big but) as they're usually revealed with the PCs artwork.
I hope she (I'm tired of guy rivals and so far our female rivals have been accompanied by guys and so has the only female professor...) isn't too friendly with the player. Also it'll be nice if we met her outside of our hometown like with Silver in GSC and make her a stranger as well.
Isn't the normal rodent also revealed at the same time as the normal bird generally? Unless the lizard is supposed to replace the normal rodent, it seems like the reveal "pattern" is being broken pretty readily. I do hope the next info we get includes the rival, at least, though. And maybe even the professor and antagonist team (if they still go with that kind of plot device).
Old May 14th, 2013 (10:54 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Just took a 2nd look at serebii, it seems we capture Pokémon in first person view

Old May 14th, 2013 (11:02 AM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

There's the Gym Leaders, Elite Four Members, Rival, Another 100+ Pokemon, Cities, Important NPCS, Regional Professor, Sylveons Typing, More information on the Mewtwo Forme, New features, Villainous Team etc. I'd say there is still a considerable amount of information undiscovered, plus on the official website there are three sections that are blanked out with "????"
Old May 14th, 2013 (11:35 AM).
Silver Tier

I don't think they'll reveal 100 Pokemon before the games come out, nor the E4, and gyms, those stuff we generally find out after the games come out.
Old May 14th, 2013 (11:37 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

I don't think they'll reveal 100 Pokemon before the games come out, nor the E4, and gyms, those stuff we generally find out after the games come out.
Actually gym stuff is usually revealed before the games are released, after all, we found out about nearly all the Unova gym leaders (between both 1st and 2nd games) before the games came out.

Old May 14th, 2013 (11:52 AM).
Silver Tier

That's because someone got the game early and leaked them or at least that's what happened with the first set of gen 5. So those who get early copies will still be able to release them, except the eighth if she/he ends up being hidden like Giovanni and Juan.
Old May 14th, 2013 (11:54 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

That's because someone got the game early and leaked them or at least that's what happened with the first set of gen 5. So those who get early copies will still be able to release them, except the eighth if she/he ends up being hidden like Giovanni and Juan.
No I mean officially, the official sites revealed the early gym leaders for the gen 5 games before they were released.

Old May 14th, 2013 (12:00 PM).
Silver Tier

I don't remember that tbh. I hope they release a few and keep the rest for after the games come out or not release any until after to keep the experience fresh.
Old May 14th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
Eye of the Storm

So they get their STAB moves at Lv.5?

Does this mean we're going to start with them at a lower level? THAT would be interesting.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 14th, 2013 (12:05 PM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
So they get their STAB moves at Lv.5?

Does this mean we're going to start with them at a lower level? THAT would be interesting.

Cyclone
Could be they learn these moves from a move relearner, after all, with some Pokemon, if you take em to a move relearner you'll find they can learn moves from a lower level than when you got them, aka those hidden moves.

Old May 14th, 2013 (12:06 PM).
California Dreamin'
Platinum Tier

I can't actually remember if they reveal the full game details prior to the release, but I'd also like a few little things kept a secret for you to discover in-game.
Old May 14th, 2013 (12:06 PM).
Gold Tier

STAB moves at level 5? That's never happened before o.o interesting...

Sponsored Links