The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
YEAH I'M HOPING THAT TOO but I don't keep up enough with these events so I don't know lmao
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I really want that rumour to be true, if only because Mawile really should get an evolution. It'll definitely be on my main team if it does get an evolution.

Although Heracross getting an evolution seems a bit strange to me, it doesn't seem like it really needs it. The giant squid with an ancient city on it sounds weird too....
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Some of the rumors make sense, some other just sound too much out there.
As many have mentioned, i don't really see Pinsir and Heracross getting an Evo, and a Fossil that needs 5 Pieces to be restores? Seems like a lot of work to revive one single Pokemon...

If X/Y includes the biggest number of new Pokemon out of all games, that'S be truly amazing!
And then i would understand maybe why they need to split the Dex

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:27 PM
MarinoKadame

Hope it get 151 new pokemons to have the total at 800.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:47 AM
metalhand

the man who leak this information call himself monsieur leaker, you can ask him question if you like to.
he also say that the type of the starters final evolution wil be grass/fighting, water/dark, fire/psychic. chespin will have a football like armor and froakie will look like a ninja
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:40 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
the man who leak this information call himself monsieur leaker, you can ask him question if you like to.
he also say that the type of the starters final evolution wil be grass/fighting, water/dark, fire/psychic. chespin will have a football like armor and froakie will look like a ninja
I think it makes sense that Froakie is Dark instead of Fighting and vice-versa for Chespin. If Froakie is a ninja frog, I'm obviously switching from Chespin to Froakie.

Old May 16th, 2013, 02:18 AM
metalhand

and he also said that there gonna be two villians teams, i don't remember the name(and don't remember where i saw all of this), but one start with an A be and another with a B.
unlike ruby and sapphire the teams aren't exclusive to different version.
i will try to find more information because he wrote alot about the teams

edit:

• There are two evil teams, Team Acid & Team Base (both following the themes of buttons A & B).
• Team Acid is a traditional team that steals and experiment on Pokemon. They are based on punks and motorcycles riders. Their goal is to create a definitive type. Their leader is a woman with long hair, and her admins draws inspirations from poisonous creature (like spiders).
• Team Base are less evil and they act as if they are confused. The members looks like they are wearing Tai Chi uniforms, and the buttons resembles the 'B button'. They want to obtain power to protect something important to them, so they steal pokemon from weak trainers to make them stronger. Their boss is an old man with white hair, and is very muscular. The admins are based on the sacred beasts.
• Via DLC, you will be able to obtain different outfits including uniforms from past Evil Organizations (such as Team Rocket)
• The gyms are Bug, Fairy, Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Ice, Fire and Psychic. (The gym order vary depending on the game version). Bug, Fairy, Normal, and Psychic gyms are found in central Kalos; the Ice and Fire gyms are found in Mountain Kalos; while the Fighting and Ghost-type gyms are located in Coastal Kalos.
• The elite four are based on stats: HP, Attack, Defense, Speed. The champion will have a mixed team.
• The main character will have 4 rivals:
(a) A childhood friend who wants revenge for being bullied. Gets a weak starter.
(b) Another childhood friend who is very rich, wants to get everything he wants. Gets the strongest starter.
(c) A traveling rival whom you meet in your journey. Has the same starter as your, but stronger. She is looking for her place in the world.
(d) "Horseman Pokemon", a bounty hunter that travel the Kalos region. He start as your mentor and gives you a Gogoat at some point. His main pokemon is a Tauros (which later evolves). He lost confidence when he was defeated by the evil team. He later becomes a bigger threat.
• Your other mentor is the daughter of Prof. Patrice, who will teach you the basics.

found this at the rumers thread of serebii, exept what is written about the evil teams i didn't saw him writting all of this, but because of the evil teams information and because its from the same spanish site i believe its the same guy.

i like alot the rival idea but find it hard o believe it.

Last edited by metalhand; May 16th, 2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old May 16th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Quote:
and he also said that there gonna be two villians teams, i don't remember the name(and don't remember where i saw all of this), but one start with an A be and another with a B.

edit:

• There are two evil teams, Team Acid & Team Base (both following the themes of buttons A & B).
• Team Acid is a traditional team that steals and experiment on Pokemon. They are based on punks and motorcycles riders. Their goal is to create a definitive type. Their leader is a woman with long hair, and her admins draws inspirations from poisonous creature (like spiders).
• Team Base are less evil and they act as if they are confused. The members looks like they are wearing Tai Chi uniforms, and the buttons resembles the 'B button'. They want to obtain power to protect something important to them, so they steal pokemon from weak trainers to make them stronger. Their boss is an old man with white hair, and is very muscular. The admins are based on the sacred beasts.
• Via DLC, you will be able to obtain different outfits including uniforms from past Evil Organizations (such as Team Rocket)
• The gyms are Bug, Fairy, Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Ice, Fire and Psychic. (The gym order vary depending on the game version). Bug, Fairy, Normal, and Psychic gyms are found in central Kalos; the Ice and Fire gyms are found in Mountain Kalos; while the Fighting and Ghost-type gyms are located in Coastal Kalos.
• The elite four are based on stats: HP, Attack, Defense, Speed. The champion will have a mixed team.
(a) A childhood friend who wants revenge for being bullied. Gets a weak starter.
(b) Another childhood friend who is very rich, wants to get everything he wants. Gets the strongest starter.
(c) A traveling rival whom you meet in your journey. Has the same starter as your, but stronger. She is looking for her place in the world.
(d) "Horseman Pokemon", a bounty hunter that travel the Kalos region. He start as your mentor and gives you a Gogoat at some point. His main pokemon is a Tauros (which later evolves). He lost confidence when he was defeated by the evil team. He later becomes a bigger threat.
• Your other mentor is the daughter of Prof. Patrice, who will teach you the basics.

found this at the rumers thread of serebii, exept what is written about the evil teams i didn't saw him writting all of this, but because of the evil teams information and because its from the same spanish site i believe its the same guy.

This might only be rumors, but the name concept for the two teams is very interesting. Acid and Base are terms used to identify the kinds of substances in Chemistry, which might be linked to the genetics theme of the storyline. Acid is identified as a substance known to have corrosive properties and are characterized through taste as Sour, while Base is another substance that is the opposite of Acid, known to be slippery and soapy and are characterized as Bitter in taste.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.

Last edited by Mithel_Celestia; May 16th, 2013 at 02:42 AM.
Old May 16th, 2013, 02:41 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:

edit:

If these rumors are true, the only thing that annoys me is no dark-type gym. I still hope for a Miltank/Tauros prevo that maybe the rivals C and D both have, but C's evolves into Miltank and then again into something else and D goes the Tauros route. Team Acid and Team Base sound amazing and I like how it ties into the 3DS controls of A and B button (With X and Y buttons covered by the versions) This all seems very much like a GF game so I'm guessing these are accurate; I'm in the middle somewhere, but leaning towards truth.

Old May 16th, 2013, 03:33 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
Quote:

edit:

I don't really know what to think about the idea of this yet - it'd really depend on how the teams would interact. I'll have to think about them.
Quote:
I'm totally team rocket!

Quote:
Sorry, but there's no way that's possible. If it's anything like black and White the Gym leaders at each respective city were intergral to plot progression. Imagine f you were to mess up the order and put Lenora (?) in Opelucid City instead? It wouldn't work. GF would need to tailor each story to each game, as well as changing the majority of dialogue everywhere, and I don't see that happening. It's too much work for them.

Quote:
I like the sounds of mixed teams, though I'm not sure it will happen. I'd be all for it if it did though

Quote:
I think the angsty childhood friend is a little too... well... angsty for this. I can see that kind of rival only developing to be involved with the evil team of the game.
The bounty hunter would be cool, and considering the emphasis put on Gogoat in the trailers, I can see something along the lines of this.

Quote:
I see it as more likely this daughter is one of your rivals than the above to be honest. and It mightn't specifically be a dughter either - maybe gender will change depending on who you picked as your player?

Deceased:

Old May 16th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
No Dark type Gym........................ not true.

jk but seriously, I find it hard to believe how these "insiders" can get so much information miles before the release of the game. It's easy for anyone to type up a list of names, evolution and types that are going to appear in the upcoming games, absolutely anyone can do it and all it takes are a few people to believe it to begin circulating it and there you have it, a new rumor that people may or may not believe. Unless there is a valid source then I'd point to these being fake, look how many other rumors we had prior to the announcement of X and Y that were fake, even more so after the announcement.

Old May 16th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post

Oh my god???? Is this what I think it is???
I hope this happens, it's about time Farfetch'd got an evolution!

Old May 16th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:

edit:

*Huh, just like Team Magma and Team Aqua.
*Seems like Team Base is the new Team Plasma. Also, hooray for female villain!
*w00t! Wonder if they have Ash's outfit as DLC?
*No Dark gym = more believable rumor, since GF would never give us one. ;_;
*But I like my Elite Four having mono-type teams. ;_;
*Four rivals? Isn't that too much? It'll only make the other rivals less depended and not have enough screentime.
*That said mentor would have a large folder of yuri fanart with the female protagonists depending if this rumor is true.

Some of these rumors seem to be following the same rumors PokeBeach has written such as the gym leaders. Could there be a connection between the two anonymous users?
Old May 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Someone copied the other person with more reliable info to make her or his info look real?
The idea for the teams sounds cool and yay female leader. No Dark gym again...makes me wish it to be fake.
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

I like the idea of a female leader of the Villainous team, we've never had one of those before!

Old May 16th, 2013, 10:16 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Well guys, seems a redditor found out what the official site is hiding under those 3 ??? buttons by looking through the source code http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comm..._pokemonxycom/
I had a peek at the source myself (easy to do in chrome, just right click, pick inspect element) and found those options as well
Spoiler:

very interesting

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Well guys, seems a redditor found out what the official site is hiding under those 3 ??? buttons by looking through the source code http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comm..._pokemonxycom/
I had a peek at the source myself (easy to do in chrome, just right click, pick inspect element) and found those options as well
Spoiler:

very interesting
Interesting, so Primary Feature, Strategy and What's New.

I wonder what they mean by Primary Feature?

Old May 16th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I'm not buying that at all....and from the side of it that would mean we wouldn't get a female rival. Which just seems strange.

I figure we're most likely to either get a male and female rivals again (like Cheren and Bianca)
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:52 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I'm not buying that at all....and from the side of it that would mean we wouldn't get a female rival. Which just seems strange.

I figure we're most likely to either get a male and female rivals again (like Cheren and Bianca)
Rivals A and B aren't classified by sex there... Rival C is a female so that's a female rival right there... Did you read the information?

Old May 16th, 2013, 11:38 AM
zoroarkrules25

That rumor has to be fake, the info doesn't make sense and seems a bit much.
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Esper

Team Acid and Team Base? Well, they at least fit into what we know about the themes. After all, the 'a' in DNA does stand for acid. But there's no more reason to believe it's true than reason to believe it isn't true. It's all just rumors still.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
All the rumors with the Fairy type just seem fake to me instantly. I mean, we already have a Fairy egg group. Now you have to change that as well? I just don't see that happening. Plus, a rival that has the exact same starter as you "but stronger" is extremely ambiguous. You can always train to a higher level, and now it's not stronger. So I just don't see these being real personally.
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Community Supporter

Unless they make that rival's starter stronger (or equal at Lv 100) depending on the level of your team to keep it stronger...could also have perfect IV's...and Max Ev's in it's highest stats...
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Unless they make that rival's starter stronger (or equal at Lv 100) depending on the level of your team to keep it stronger...could also have perfect IV's...and Max Ev's in it's highest stats...
The player has access to all of those things as well though. I mean, not a lot of people are going to put the effort to soft reset for a perfect starter and then EV train it through the game, but it's not like the option isn't there. There just isn't an actual arbitrary way to make sure that the rival's starter is stronger than the same one of our own.

Then again, like I just said, the majority don't bother with that stuff in-game, so isn't that reason enough to just do that stuff and consider it stronger?

And now I just don't know =x
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Community Supporter

Or perhaps it was only refering to initially...and again this may be fake news...we should remember to take it with a grain of salt.

Sponsored Links