Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old May 18th, 2013 (12:22 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by LycaNinja:
So this happened... I guess this confirms these rumors as true...

Spoiler:

Still I don't think it is all accurate to a tee... Fairy should be strong against Ice as well, right?
If anything this makes his rumours even more false.
If anything he's using this post to admit he made them up but covering his tracks by saying he signed a contract of silence.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 18th, 2013 (01:40 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by SolarAbusoru:
If anything he's using this post to admit he made them up but covering his tracks by saying he signed a contract of silence.
Wasn't he the one who leaked the english names of the four new pokemon? If so you could hardly call him a fake. He clearly knows something.
Old May 18th, 2013 (01:46 AM).
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
Wasn't he the one who leaked the english names of the four new pokemon? If so you could hardly call him a fake. He clearly knows something.
If he did really know something then he would've leaked the 4 new Pokemon before corocoro was leaked, and yet he didn't, which means he didn't even know those 4 new Pokemon were coming, he may have leaked the english names but he couldn't even leak the Pokemon themselves, so his credibility was already challenged.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 18th, 2013 (02:45 AM).
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
They made him stop leaking information they shared with him, because he is a trusted person and in contact with GameFreak... He was leaking the information through another account to make it seem less legit...

Old May 18th, 2013 (02:46 AM).

If he did really know something then he would've leaked the 4 new Pokemon before corocoro was leaked, and yet he didn't, which means he didn't even know those 4 new Pokemon were coming, he may have leaked the english names but he couldn't even leak the Pokemon themselves, so his credibility was already challenged.
I thought pokebeach got those leaks from him back in February but didn't reveal them until now?

Even so, the fact that he knew the english names before they were announced must mean he knows something and if he knew something there's still a chance he knows more.
Old May 18th, 2013 (03:32 AM).

I know how to pronounce Patrice (Pah-Trece not Trees)... It's still a first name... She might be called Patrice at some point, but I'm assuming it will be Professor Treename still...
Patrice is a male name, so if it's another male and not a female since we only got a female professor in gen 5 I will be disappointed.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 18th, 2013 (03:45 AM).

Quote originally posted by MarinoKadame:
Patrice is a male name, so if it's another male and not a female since we only got a female professor in gen 5 I will be disappointed.
I don't think you can rely on that, there are women with the name Patrice:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrice
Old May 18th, 2013 (03:46 AM).
Werewolf Assassin

Patrice is a unisex name... and it's also French meaning Noble... Which makes it even more credible... Patrice is usually feminine so I am guessing it's a female professor...

Old May 18th, 2013 (03:47 AM).

Well in french I don't know any female having Patrice as a name they are named Patricia instead.

XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 18th, 2013 (04:17 AM).
masquerade
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
So these rumours that he's been providing, are they true or not?
Old May 18th, 2013 (04:30 AM).
Werewolf Assassin

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
So these rumours that he's been providing, are they true or not?
He got a cease and desist order from GameFreak for leaking information they gave him... If they gave him correct information, which they should have, it will be accurate. Its most likely true, but they could change it at anytime and make it false. He was a trusted person to GameFreak and betrayed their trust... So I'm guessing they didn't stop rumors that were false or without a source as they want speculation to surround their games to increase sales...

TL;DR: Yes, unless its old information

I made this for the new typing...

Old May 18th, 2013 (04:53 AM).
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
What ?..How can he know what pokemons CoroCoro would reveal ? As Soon as Coro Coro revealed the pokemons , he leaked their English names which came out to be true. He definitely has information but it's entirely possible that he may be adding some stuff.
Old May 18th, 2013 (05:04 AM).
masquerade
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Well if it turns out to be true, this Fairy type is looking much more likely which is pretty nice tbh. I'm just wondering how he got all this information so early and why he decided to leak it and breach his trust with GameFreak.
Old May 18th, 2013 (05:36 AM).
Werewolf Assassin

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Well if it turns out to be true, this Fairy type is looking much more likely which is pretty nice tbh. I'm just wondering how he got all this information so early and why he decided to leak it and breach his trust with GameFreak.
This is the third time I've said this... He is an admin on Serebii forums apparently, who has/had a close connection to GameFreak... They probably shared some information like this with trusted sources under NDA so they are prepared for the information and can start writing their articles before they are announced so every website updates at the same time the announcement happens.

Old May 18th, 2013 (05:55 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Yet Hiro says that the rumor is "incorrect," meaning this guy hasn't fully revealed the given information listed from PokeBeach.

I made this for the new typing...

Having the new type being SE against Fire seems to rub me the wrong way because the type is already suffering from a certain move regarding sneaky pebbles.
Old May 18th, 2013 (06:22 AM).
Werewolf Assassin

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
Yet Hiro says that the rumor is "incorrect," meaning this guy hasn't fully revealed the given information listed from PokeBeach.

Having the new type being SE against Fire seems to rub me the wrong way because the type is already suffering from a certain move regarding sneaky pebbles.
Get your eyes checked chief... Light is SE against Fighting not Fire... Its according to the leak...

Old May 18th, 2013 (06:56 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Get your eyes checked chief... Light is SE against Fighting not Fire... Its according to the leak...
Thanks for pointing that out; that image was really hard to navigate properly.
Old May 18th, 2013 (07:10 AM).

I like the idea of a type that is super effective against Fighting, Dragon, and Dark. Maybe even hopefully Water instead of Dark.

Those are, in my opinion, the types that kind of dominate upper tiers in competitive play (less so Dark only because we have a shortage of viable Dark Pokemon.) It could really balance out the type advantages and disadvantages that have pretty much doomed certain types to lower tiers. If this new type was weak to Poison, Ice, and Bug it could really help their offensive capabilities as all these types are kind of underused and uncared for when it comes to offense AND defense unless paired with a good dual typing.

Although some of these aren't possible if we listen to the rumors. I don't really care for them though, as at this point and time, they are only rumors.
Old May 18th, 2013 (08:38 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
As long as the types that suffer from Stealth Rock aren't weak against the new type I'm sold, especially if said types like Ice are super effective against whatever new type it'll be.
Old May 18th, 2013 (11:49 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
ALL RUMORS TO THE X/Y RUMORS THREAD!
This thread can now be focused on general chit chat about X and Y, your wishlists, and other minor speculations about the games. All rumors can now be discussed in the new rumors thread. Yaaaay!
Old May 18th, 2013 (11:58 AM). Edited May 18th, 2013 by Cyclone.
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
I heard a rumour that there's now a rumours thread. Is that true?

Joking aside, does this mean all "Light"/"Fairy"/WhateverYouCallIt type discussion goes there now?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 18th, 2013 (11:59 AM).
Werewolf Assassin

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
As long as the types that suffer from Stealth Rock aren't weak against the new type I'm sold, especially if said types like Ice are super effective against whatever new type it'll be.
New type is resistant to Ice... Read the pretty type chart I spent an hour making... Its aligned perfected btw so it shouldn't be difficult to read... I might need to change colors for some people's eyes and color blind people... I will do that if we get more news on the type.

Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
ALL RUMORS TO THE X/Y RUMORS THREAD!
This thread can now be focused on general chit chat about X and Y, your wishlists, and other minor speculations about the games. All rumors can now be discussed in the new rumors thread. Yaaaay!
Wasn't this the speculation thread? Why not just make a new chit-chat thread and keep this the rumors one, as that's what it mainly is now anyways...

Old May 18th, 2013 (12:11 PM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
I heard a rumour that there's now a rumours thread. Is that true? :P

Joking aside, does this mean all "Light"/"Fairy"/WhateverYouCallIt type discussion goes there now?
There was always the An introduction of new types...? to speculate a possible new type, whether it was a Fairy type, Light type or something new entirely. Any rumors circulating about a new type can be taken to the new rumors thread or speculated in the "An introduction of new types...?" But this thread is still open to discussing the types and how a new type would be placed in the chart and all that jazz.

Make sense?

Wasn't this the speculation thread? Why not just make a new chit-chat thread and keep this the rumors one, as that's what it mainly is now anyways...
It was honestly easier and simpler to make a new thread dedicated to rumors. There's always the chance that members pull up old discussions and quotes from previous pages here and turning the topic away from rumors into a general discussion, which still happens. Thus the new thread.

Not to make it seem like you have to start a new topic entirely, you can just shift the current rumors conversion that was taking place here and continue to discuss it in the new rumors thread. If any of you guys have any more questions or suggestions about the section, please feel free to PM me. We're basically off-topic now talking about threads and not the games. D:
Old May 18th, 2013 (01:35 PM).

Well in french I don't know any female having Patrice as a name they are named Patricia instead.
My parents are french. My father's name is Mike and goes by it here because we live in a mainly english speaking province but in French places he usually is called and goes by Michelle instead of Mike because it is more proper. Either way Michelle is a unisex name for them, females can be called Michelle and not Mike, but males can be called Michelle or Mike. I have a feeling Patrice and Patricia is kind of the same thing. Females can most likely be called Patrice and also go by Patricia while males can just be called Patrice.

I don't know, that is just my guess.
Although I don't think we have to worry about Patrice being the professor. I don't believe that rumor especially. Why break the whole trend of trees when it's been a staple for 5 generations now? Plus it just sounds.. meh.
Old May 18th, 2013 (02:12 PM).

Willow would be way better than Patrice.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links