Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old May 18th, 2013 (02:31 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by MarinoKadame:
Willow would be way better than Patrice.
My choice was Pine.

I think they're very common in France.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 18th, 2013 (03:15 PM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Teak or Maple seem reasonable, although I have a strange feeling that they're going to steer away from the whole Tree theme.
Old May 18th, 2013 (03:19 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Maybe the new theme will be on grains PatRICE?
I personally hope it'll be maple if the rumors prove false.
Old May 18th, 2013 (03:25 PM).
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
I still figure Patrice being a first name would mean its the first name...
Ala Professor Patrice Maple or Professor Patrice Willow...

Old May 18th, 2013 (03:26 PM).
just a guy
, CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
My choice was Pine.

I think they're very common in France.

Cyclone
I think you're right. Just doing a quick google search, Pine did come up as one of the common trees in Northern France. They also had Hawthorne and Chestnut listed and Olive as a popular tree in Southern France. Professor Olive sounds nice.

Also, as expected, today's Pokémon Smash basically covered everything that we already knew from this month's CoroCoro. Although, they did show some extra footage of riding Gogoat and watching the protagonist run around (diagonally too). It looked nice!

Apparently Serebii and Bulbagarden tweeted that we'd be getting weekly news from Smash now, but as Bulbagarden mentioned it could just be the little things (ex. further detail on character customization) that they only brushed over today.
Old May 18th, 2013 (03:39 PM).
Silver Tier

I hope they reveal if we can change their clothes and maybe even their eye color, those small kind of things would make me happy.
Old May 18th, 2013 (03:54 PM).

Sweet! Serebii said there will be weekly leaks from Pokémon Smash!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old May 18th, 2013 (03:55 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
I think you're right. Just doing a quick google search, Pine did come up as one of the common trees in Northern France. They also had Hawthorne and Chestnut listed and Olive as a popular tree in Southern France. Professor Olive sounds nice.
Yup. I did the same search a month or two ago and picked Pine from that. However, Olive would be nice if it's a female professor - and is an actual female name - but that kind of skews the tree theme slightly by making it a fruit tree (for all intents and purposes, trees are said to "bear fruit", so I'm referring to the olive as a fruit here). I mean, what's up in Gen. VII? Professor Apple?

I also picked protagonist names from a similar Google search. Leo/Lea and Xavier/Yvonne (I think the latter, might have that wrong) were the results of that search.

Also, as expected, today's Pokémon Smash basically covered everything that we already knew from this month's CoroCoro. Although, they did show some extra footage of riding Gogoat and watching the protagonist run around (diagonally too). It looked nice!
I'll have to look for it on Youtube to see how this Gogoat riding looks. Did it seem to be in the same city?

Apparently Serebii and Bulbagarden tweeted that we'd be getting weekly news from Smash now, but as Bulbagarden mentioned it could just be the little things (ex. further detail on character customization) that they only brushed over today.
They probably translated that from something said on the show. Of course, they can't provide any more detail than what the show itself says.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 18th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I hope they reveal if we can change their clothes and maybe even their eye color, those small kind of things would make me happy.
Hasn't that already been confirmed? I mean besides the sunglasses not being a static item showed off by the trainer with the character swinging on a vine... Didn't they say we got full customization options at some point?

Old May 18th, 2013 (05:04 PM).
just a guy
, CS

Yup. I did the same search a month or two ago and picked Pine from that. However, Olive would be nice if it's a female professor - and is an actual female name - but that kind of skews the tree theme slightly by making it a fruit tree (for all intents and purposes, trees are said to "bear fruit", so I'm referring to the olive as a fruit here). I mean, what's up in Gen. VII? Professor Apple? :P

I also picked protagonist names from a similar Google search. Leo/Lea and Xavier/Yvonne (I think the latter, might have that wrong) were the results of that search.

I'll have to look for it on Youtube to see how this Gogoat riding looks. Did it seem to be in the same city?

They probably translated that from something said on the show. Of course, they can't provide any more detail than what the show itself says.

Cyclone
Same city, yes.

I'd like another female professor. We've already had four guys in a row, I wouldn't mind another woman.

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
As LycaNinja said, from the details given on the official site, it has been confirmed that we'll be able to customize more than just our hair, eye color, and skin color. We'll be able to pick up new outfits and accessories along the way. You can check it out here.
Old May 18th, 2013 (05:11 PM).

Anyone have a link to the footage of Gogoat being ridden in Pokémon Smash?
Old May 18th, 2013 (05:54 PM).
The blind Pokémon Master!

Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
Hello, question. Assuming fairy type is real, which starter would you think would be most likely to be fairy type? Even if fairy type was real, it wouldn't mean a starter would be this type, but if they were, which would you see as being most likely?
Old May 18th, 2013 (06:06 PM).
just a guy
, CS

Quote originally posted by MarquisPhantom:
Anyone have a link to the footage of Gogoat being ridden in Pokémon Smash?
The stream in its entirety. X/Y styff begins around the 36:15 mark. You'll find old footage and new footage beginning at 38:15, and then the Gogoat stuff at 42:42.

Quote originally posted by pokemonmasteraaron:
Hello, question. Assuming fairy type is real, which starter would you think would be most likely to be fairy type? Even if fairy type was real, it wouldn't mean a starter would be this type, but if they were, which would you see as being most likely?
Fennekin seems like the most likely to evolve into a Fire/Fairy if Fairy is even real. I'm still willing to bet on it being a Fire/Psychic though.
Old May 18th, 2013 (06:25 PM).
Eye of the Storm

I have a theory on the Gogoat riding. It's a special taxi service in the city. They cannot leave the city as they do not service the surrounding areas, and you do not need your own Gogoat. Similarly, you do not ride your own Gogoat.

Cyclone

Old May 18th, 2013 (07:55 PM).
Silver Tier

Same city, yes.

I'd like another female professor. We've already had four guys in a row, I wouldn't mind another woman.

As LycaNinja said, from the details given on the official site, it has been confirmed that we'll be able to customize more than just our hair, eye color, and skin color. We'll be able to pick up new outfits and accessories along the way. You can check it out here.
Didn't notice the words under the pictures until now, well in that case I hope to see a demonstration of the different outfits and how we can change them during the story.
Old May 18th, 2013 (08:17 PM).
Unburden Belly Drum
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
I have a theory on the Gogoat riding. It's a special taxi service in the city. They cannot leave the city as they do not service the surrounding areas, and you do not need your own Gogoat. Similarly, you do not ride your own Gogoat.

Cyclone
That's why the Gogoat you ride wears the banner that appears in the video footage of the city (that Gogoat in-battle do not have). Also, in the concept art of the male protagonist riding a Gogoat, you can see that, on the left, instead of a bus stop, it's a Gogoat Stop xD

While it would be disappointing to only be able to ride Gogoat, it kind of makes sense. There really isn't much winning in this topic, to be honest. Gogoat is the Riding Pokémon. If there were others you could ride, it would end up like Amity Square: "Why can't I bring my Mudkip? It's cute!" Maybe you could ride Rapidash and Arcanine (because let's face it, while you can Fly with foot-tall birds, you just can't ride 'em all), but then someone would be upset that you couldn't ride Rayquaza.
Old May 19th, 2013 (03:46 AM).
just a guy
, CS

Quote originally posted by Rivvon:
That's why the Gogoat you ride wears the banner that appears in the video footage of the city (that Gogoat in-battle do not have). Also, in the concept art of the male protagonist riding a Gogoat, you can see that, on the left, instead of a bus stop, it's a Gogoat Stop xD

While it would be disappointing to only be able to ride Gogoat, it kind of makes sense. There really isn't much winning in this topic, to be honest. Gogoat is the Riding Pokémon. If there were others you could ride, it would end up like Amity Square: "Why can't I bring my Mudkip? It's cute!" Maybe you could ride Rapidash and Arcanine (because let's face it, while you can Fly with foot-tall birds, you just can't ride 'em all), but then someone would be upset that you couldn't ride Rayquaza.
This begs the question, what about Lapras? It's known as the Transport Pokémon similar to how Gogoat is the Riding Pokémon. Does this mean there might be a Lapras service to surf instead of using an HM?
Old May 19th, 2013 (05:54 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

Well Lapras is the transport Pokemon, so replacing HM surf with Lapras would be fitting into the whole riding Gogoat transport system.
Old May 19th, 2013 (07:13 AM).
Eye of the Storm

I would love to see a Lapras transport system between areas. It would be nice for crossing rivers in the region, and they could then use more of them. The main water areas thus remain off-limits until you have Surf.

Cyclone

Old May 19th, 2013 (08:52 AM).
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Lapras for surf is cool.
Wt about hm2 fly?
Can we rely on drifblim for air route services?
Old May 19th, 2013 (09:11 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by shubham2207:
Lapras for surf is cool.
Wt about hm2 fly?
Can we rely on drifblim for air route services?
This is shaping up to be a great system, having Drifblim as an Air Balloon transport, Riding Lapras across waters, Riding Gogoat through towns. I think having something like this would be a great change as opposed to having the same set of HMS.
Old May 19th, 2013 (09:42 AM).
Eye of the Storm

I like the ability of a town transport service. However, the Drifblim service would have to be restricted to each town going to certain areas. Fly could be reinvented to allow you to fly virtually anywhere.

Cyclone

Old May 19th, 2013 (11:03 AM).
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Replacing HM's with Pokemon is a nice idea. You don't need HM Slaves anymore and you don't have to look for a move deleter to get rid of those annoying moves. I'd rather see Dragonite as the flyer instead of Drifblim just like in Ranger.
And more obstacles in the games would be a better way to get to a certain area.

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old May 19th, 2013 (11:29 AM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Hawthorne? Am I the only one that loves the sound of Professor Hawthorne? That'd be a sweet professor name if you ask me.
Old May 19th, 2013 (12:28 PM).
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
So a Dark type Gym leader still remains a possibility.
I just hope that GameFreak makes it impossible to get the alternate MewTwo form before this Dark-type gym if they include it, though.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)