Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old May 19th, 2013 (01:00 PM).
TheCoolestTentacool

Nature: Docile
Quote:
I just hope that GameFreak makes it impossible to get the alternate MewTwo form before this Dark-type gym if they include it, though.
They probably will make only unobtainable until late game or even post-game which kinda sucks :/ but it make sense
Old May 19th, 2013 (01:17 PM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Aren't legendaries usaully held off to near the end of the game? Besides, it's not mandatory to use them which is why I usually box them.
Old May 19th, 2013 (01:31 PM).
Werewolf Assassin

From that Pokemon Smash! episode I'm guessing we still have a grid lock system, but with diagonal movements, except in Luminose City and maybe a few other places, where we have free roam movement.

Old May 19th, 2013 (02:01 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by RandomDSdevel:
I just hope that GameFreak makes it impossible to get the alternate MewTwo form before this Dark-type gym if they include it, though.
Since its most likely a transfer to new game, we won't get Mewtwo on the games until post game since transfer is unlocked after the main story. If Mewtwo is downloadable on X and Y on release, shouldn't matter at all if its form change is location, Item, or attack locked. As it was said you don't have to use it and even if you did Mewtwo would most likely be lv 100 allowing you to destroy what ever gym you go up against.
Old May 19th, 2013 (02:09 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by aonshinzo:
They probably will make only unobtainable until late game or even post-game which kinda sucks :/ but it make sense
Remember Mewtwo was in Cerulean City's post-E4? Yes. That.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 19th, 2013 (03:35 PM).
Werewolf Assassin

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
Remember Mewtwo was in Cerulean City's post-E4? Yes. That.

Cyclone
In a cave... Isolated from others... All on its own...

Old May 19th, 2013 (03:46 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by LycaNinja:

I think we have a winner. Except it's not in a city area, but in a completely isolated area.

...nah, that may be where the game legendary meets you.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 19th, 2013 (07:16 PM).
Unburden Belly Drum
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
This begs the question, what about Lapras? It's known as the Transport Pokémon similar to how Gogoat is the Riding Pokémon. Does this mean there might be a Lapras service to surf instead of using an HM?
That would be fun. You get a Surf Pass after a certain Gym, and it lets you rent a Lapras to Surf around on.
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
I like the ability of a town transport service. However, the Drifblim service would have to be restricted to each town going to certain areas. Fly could be reinvented to allow you to fly virtually anywhere.

Cyclone
Each Town and City could have a Flying service station, but you can only access them after a certain Gym--then you can Fly to places you've seen before.

This island reminds me a lot of Seafoam Islands and Shoal Cave...
Old May 19th, 2013 (09:42 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I forget but wasn't the transfer of the beasts and Celebi allowed pre E4 in BW using a slightly different method, so maybe Mewtwo will work the same way thus allowing us to get the forme earlier. Or maybe with XY Gf will release yet another Mewtwo event for those who don't get the movie one.
Old May 19th, 2013 (10:06 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
I forget but wasn't the transfer of the beasts and Celebi allowed pre E4 in BW using a slightly different method, so maybe Mewtwo will work the same way thus allowing us to get the forme earlier. Or maybe with XY Gf will release yet another Mewtwo event for those who don't get the movie one.
They were the only ones + the non-existent Lock Capsule, but that exists in B/W only. You cannot do it in B2W2 and traditional transfers are through the games. I don't see them adding it back in since they removed it from the same generation games.
Old May 20th, 2013 (01:33 AM).
An awesome usertitle
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Getting any legendary even before the E4 feels over-powered, I feel. Even the three musketeers in BW2 I was critical about. :P
I find it veeeeeery implausible for them to give access to Mewtwo before the National dex.

I wonder if the starters will have more interesting abilities this time around. Something not as boring as Torrent, Overgrow and Blaze.

Old May 20th, 2013 (01:58 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote originally posted by Pokestick, good times.:
Getting any legendary even before the E4 feels over-powered, I feel.

I wonder if the starters will have more interesting abilities this time around. Something not as boring as Torrent, Overgrow and Blaze.
I wouldn't mind getting just one legendary before the E4. I liked having Kyogre for example in RSE.

I hope for some interesting starter abilites as well, not the usual torrent - blaze - overgrow.
I don't think this will be likely, but it would make things a lot more interesting

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 20th, 2013 (02:47 AM).
masquerade
Platinum Tier

It will most likely be before the 8th Gym when you can capture Xerneas and Yveltal in X and Y respectively, as for the rest I'd say they're post-game.
Old May 20th, 2013 (02:48 AM).
An awesome usertitle
Crystal Tier

I suppose it's inevitable to get the title legendaries before the E4. Just don't expect me to use them. ;P

Giving them different abilities would make them much more different from each other. It's possible that it might cause balancing issues though.

Old May 20th, 2013 (02:58 AM).
Werewolf Assassin

Quote originally posted by Pokestick, good times.:
Getting any legendary even before the E4 feels over-powered, I feel. Even the three musketeers in BW2 I was critical about. :P
I find it veeeeeery implausible for them to give access to Mewtwo before the National dex.

Quote originally posted by Zorogami:
I wouldn't mind getting just one legendary before the E4. I liked having Kyogre for example in RSE.

I hope for some interesting starter abilites as well, not the usual torrent - blaze - overgrow.
I don't think this will be likely, but it would make things a lot more interesting
Their abilities are going to be the same... No doubt about that... But they might get interesting hidden abilities... Maybe a new mechanic for hidden abilities? Some way to change your starter's ability (maybe other Pokemon too) to its hidden ability. Potential unlocker or something. xD Need 100 heart scales or something... Maybe X BP gets you a potential unlocker to use on a Pokemon...

Old May 20th, 2013 (03:51 AM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Their abilities are going to be the same... No doubt about that... But they might get interesting hidden abilities... Maybe a new mechanic for hidden abilities? Some way to change your starter's ability (maybe other Pokemon too) to its hidden ability. Potential unlocker or something. xD Need 100 heart scales or something... Maybe X BP gets you a potential unlocker to use on a Pokemon...
If they included a way to change a Pokemon's ability to its Hidden one that would be pretty amazing!
I wouldn't make it too available though, so that you really think about what Pokemon you want to use it on

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 20th, 2013 (03:53 AM).
An awesome usertitle
Crystal Tier

Abilities have always been about individuality of Pokémon. That Pokémon of the same species but different abilities are inherently different from each other. Just like with natures.

Gaining the ability to change your ability would ruin that, since it meant you could just shape a Pokémon's individuality, its personality, to your liking. It's not something I think they'd want to do. Similarly, they probably won't let you change a Pokémon's nature.

Old May 20th, 2013 (03:54 AM).
Tartine beurrée

Ont thing I hope is that you'll be able to move an item from a pokemon to an other, directly without to have to take it from your bag, it makes me crazy when I have to level some pokemon with the multi exp because I want them to evolve ._.
Old May 20th, 2013 (04:55 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
I honestly don't mind getting the legendaries before the Elite Four. I mean, we generally grab the mascot before it, and although it can definitely help beat the challenge, it doesn't make it ridiculously easy. As long as the legends you'd encounter are relatively low leveled (Like the beasts in GSC being level 40), then I wouldn't see anything wrong. You'd still have to go out of your way to train them higher, it's not like they're just battle ready =P
Old May 20th, 2013 (09:11 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
They were the only ones + the non-existent Lock Capsule, but that exists in B/W only. You cannot do it in B2W2 and traditional transfers are through the games. I don't see them adding it back in since they removed it from the same generation games.
I actually have a Lock Capsule. Found an Action Replay code that works. Haven't gone about transferring it yet; there is a person in Castelia City (building where the Name Rater is, I think?) who lets you pick words, and the ones used to get Celebi and the Shiny Trio (as I call them) in also imports the Lock Capsule. Basically, the option on the main menu is unlocked by using the "password" and you then select it. Your Lock Capsule comes in (from Action Replay generation in HG/SS), you take it to be opened, and you get TM95 (Snarl).

Of course, you don't want to generate a second Capsule; it will never be oipened.

Cyclone

Old May 20th, 2013 (10:40 AM). Edited May 20th, 2013 by RandomDSdevel.
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Nature: Quirky
New type is resistant to Ice... Read the pretty type chart I spent an hour making... Its aligned perfected btw so it shouldn't be difficult to read... I might need to change colors for some people's eyes and color blind people... I will do that if we get more news on the type.
You could switch out the colors for symbols like the circle, blank space, triangle, and 'X' used by Prima's official strategy guides to designate 'super effective,' 'normally effective,' 'not very effective,' and 'ineffective,' respectively.

Wasn't this the speculation thread? Why not just make a new chit-chat thread and keep this the rumors one, as that's what it mainly is now anyways...
I would rather just have everything in one thread like it has been, thank you very much!

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Teak or Maple seem reasonable, although I have a strange feeling that they're going to steer away from the whole Tree theme.
Hey, I already reserved the name 'Professor Maple' for my currently fake, but (hopefully) eventually realized, Pokémon game pair idea, set in the Aeonn region! I've mentioned that before on this thread, I think, and I would give you guys some information in another thread here on the PCF if I wasn't intending to make it into an actual pair of cartridges. Got it? Good.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old May 20th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
An awesome usertitle
Crystal Tier

Maple is such an overused professor name I'm surprised Game Freak hasn't adapted it yet. :P
Will be interesting to see what kind of professor XY will have, by the way. Maybe he's a total douche.

Old May 20th, 2013 (11:59 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

^ One thing's for sure that, like previous professors, this gen's professor will have difficult remembering your gender.
Old May 20th, 2013 (02:02 PM).
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Since its most likely a transfer to new game, we won't get Mewtwo on the games until post game since transfer is unlocked after the main story. If Mewtwo is downloadable on X and Y on release, shouldn't matter at all if its form change is location, Item, or attack locked. As it was said you don't have to use it and even if you did Mewtwo would most likely be lv 100 allowing you to destroy what ever gym you go up against.
…especially the Dark-type gym, against whose inhabitants I believe Psychic-type moves are super-effective, and that's what I was worried about.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old May 20th, 2013 (02:03 PM). Edited May 20th, 2013 by Jake♫.
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
^ One thing's for sure that, like previous professors, this gen's professor will have difficult remembering your gender. :P
Lol

I can definitely see Maple getting used. If we get another female professor I feel like Maple would be a really fitting name for her. All the other names that have been used (beside Juniper of course) have kind of seen more masculine to me. Maple or Sequoia or something like that just sound more feminine in my head, so they'd be cool names for a female professor.

Sponsored Links