Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2013 (01:05 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Well I don't expect anything too ground breaking, that's usually down to CoroCoro or a Direct Livestream. It could just be a little further details on the New Pokemon.
If anything major were to be revealed, the only thing I could really see happening would be them revealing Sylveon's type. If the skit they were performing is true, they obviously know its typing. Maybe they'd do a follow-up for it and finally show us its typing?
Old May 24th, 2013 (01:07 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
GF will proably want that info release during the next month or two to keep the hype (it's mostly gone though) up for the release of the movie and short...
Maybe Smash can tell us the name of Mewtwo's new forme? I don't beleive we know what's it's called. Nor do we know it's type officially...
Old May 24th, 2013 (01:18 PM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Well there's more news to follow in next months CoroCoro so maybe that's a good time to finally reveal Sylveons typing? Although, it does seem like Smash are focusing their episodes around Sylveon lately so idk.
Old May 24th, 2013 (01:28 PM).
Community Supporter

Perhaps Smash will reveal it first followed by Corocoro? Sort of like with the Mewtwo forme (minus the leak).
Old May 24th, 2013 (01:35 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

I could see that happening. Have them reveal the typing, then have CoroCoro come in in a couple of weeks to give us a more detailed reveal of Sylveon?
Old May 24th, 2013 (01:38 PM).
Community Supporter

Yeah, perhaps give us a actual type chart after the reveal of Sylveon's type? And maybe show off any Pokemon that will have the new type if any old one's do, and if any of the mascots have said type.
Old May 24th, 2013 (01:51 PM). Edited May 24th, 2013 by CmdrEggnog.
CmdrEggnog

Whenever and however they reveal it, I would pay attention to the fact that Pokémon Smash said this past Saturday (or at least this is when SerebiiNet reported it) that they would do X and Y news (whether or not it is new news) weekly. In this case, we could expect something tomorrow about this, right?

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Whenever and however they reveal it, I would pay attention to the fact that Pokémon Smash said this past Saturday (or at least this is when SerebiiNet reported it) that they would do X and Y news (whether or not it is new news) weekly. In this case, we could expect something tomorrow about this, right?

Old May 24th, 2013 (02:04 PM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'm guessing there won't be any ground-breaking stuff revealed on Pokémon Smash in the near future.
Sylveon's new type they want to hype up more, of course. So it's likely that we'll just be seeing some random little details or in-game areas each week. Perhaps nothing huge, but I bet it'll be fun to watch anyway.

Old May 24th, 2013 (03:17 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I'll keep an ear out for the news weekly, but they'll possibly just rehash old news or release a new video or screenshot each week. Just because they promise news weekly doesn't mean it'll be major.

In the final couple of weeks prior to release, they'll push the games hard, I'm sure, and they will likely use video from the actual game as it's by that point a final product being shipped to stores to hide in the storeroom until release. I also learned, with New Super Mario Bros. 2, that there is a way for Nintendo to tell if people are playing the games earlier than intended release, which really inconvenienced me when the release date was a Sunday (for that game) and I was in town on the Saturday. Joy.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 24th, 2013 (03:22 PM).
Nuke

Community Supporter

If there's any major changes yet to be announced, I'm sure the E3 presentation will include it instead of Smash.

Smash will probably let a few small details out, but as previously said I think it will mostly just be old news.
Old May 24th, 2013 (04:33 PM).
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Grif of Hearts:
Eh. I'd be rather hesitant to support this idea.

I do agree with changing the cries, however. They've always sounded a little mechanical to me. Instead of replacing them with the anime cries, which I suppose technically shouldn't be counted as canon, I would suggest updated, more realistic versions of their original cries.
I said the same thing at some point back when X/Y were announced! (Not at all saying "dood u stol mi idea", just expressing the SHEER EXTENT to which I agree, haha :P)

Pokémon Stadium/2 did this; the Pokémon cries weren't made with 8-bit sounds, rather with more realistic animal sound effects, that still very much resemble the original cries. While it worked better for some Pokémon than for others, it would definitely be a feature that would work well with the new 3D Pokémon graphics, to help keep the battles feel a little more authentic. I can't remember if they've shown any of the older Pokémon's cries in the various XY videos though, so you never know!

This one's called 'Blue', and it's very Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 24th, 2013 (06:38 PM).
Community Supporter

Updated cries would be wonderful, some of the Kanto mon could use them, the others less so, so if they only change a few I'll like to see them being from the original generation.
Old May 24th, 2013 (06:48 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Updated cries would be wonderful, some of the Kanto mon could use them, the others less so, so if they only change a few I'll like to see them being from the original generation.
I agree completely. It'd be cool to see the cries updated to the current instrument set, instead of relying on the old 8-bit set that they still currently use. Of course keep all of the same pitches and everything, but with updated sounds they would all sound so much higher quality and would match the games better. It's definitely something I've been hoping for for awhile.
Old May 24th, 2013 (07:34 PM).
Hikamaru
I am Oh.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
I agree completely. It'd be cool to see the cries updated to the current instrument set, instead of relying on the old 8-bit set that they still currently use. Of course keep all of the same pitches and everything, but with updated sounds they would all sound so much higher quality and would match the games better. It's definitely something I've been hoping for for awhile.
Same too, one thing to notice is that the diversity of sounds used for Pokemon cries have been improving every new generation. For example, try comparing the 1st/2nd Gen Pokemon cries to those of 4th/5th Gen Pokemon and you'll notice how different they all look. I do hope X & Y keep all the current cries but maybe update them to the latest technology.
Old May 24th, 2013 (07:38 PM).
Community Supporter

Agreed, an update to generation 6 cries should happen for at least the first two generations.
Old May 24th, 2013 (08:03 PM).
Lucastmore
Unhatched Egg

WHAT? Why change the cries? They are wonderful! I love the kanto cries!
Old May 25th, 2013 (12:30 AM).
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Lucastmore:
WHAT? Why change the cries? They are wonderful! I love the kanto cries!
no, he didn't meant to change the cries. He told that gf should update the cries, means to improve the sound quality of the cries so that it would be more clearer.
Old May 25th, 2013 (02:59 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I would love to see some quality improvement, but i hope they don't modify them too much

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 25th, 2013 (03:18 AM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

I'd be happy with the cries being updated in terms of quality, just as long as they kept them all the same.
Old May 25th, 2013 (09:05 AM).
CmdrEggnog

They haven't a reason to change them, but they shouldn't make them feel out of place in such a higher-technology game than RBY

Old May 25th, 2013 (11:58 AM).
Community Supporter

Right, they feel very archaic compared to some of the newest cries. Also maybe give some of the ones that share cries their own unique cry.
Old May 25th, 2013 (03:18 PM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

I reeally hope this means Corphish and Crawdaunt are part of the Kalos Pokedex since they're a great pair of Water types, perhaps in the Costal area of the Region?
Old May 25th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by giradialkia:
I said the same thing at some point back when X/Y were announced! (Not at all saying "dood u stol mi idea", just expressing the SHEER EXTENT to which I agree, haha )

Pokémon Stadium/2 did this; the Pokémon cries weren't made with 8-bit sounds, rather with more realistic animal sound effects, that still very much resemble the original cries. While it worked better for some Pokémon than for others, it would definitely be a feature that would work well with the new 3D Pokémon graphics, to help keep the battles feel a little more authentic. I can't remember if they've shown any of the older Pokémon's cries in the various XY videos though, so you never know!
Totally stole your idea. ;P

I can't remember much as far as the cries go for Pokémon Stadium, but if it is true then I would love it to be implemented. I realised just how much I love the more realistic cries when playing through Black 2 (which I still haven't finished). One of the NPCs in a Pokémon centre had a Ducklett, and instead of groaning its name like it would in the anime series it gave out a "Kwack!".

It just made me think about how I'd much prefer Pokémon to have cries like that, rather than the mechanical 8-bit squeels they make now. Update them, and possibly tweak a couple, but generally keep them the same.
Old May 25th, 2013 (05:32 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:

I reeally hope this means Corphish and Crawdaunt are part of the Kalos Pokedex since they're a great pair of Water types, perhaps in the Costal area of the Region?
Seems pretty likely. They didn't really demo many Pokémon for trailers like this that weren't in the games, so it seems likely. I'm loving all the Hoenn Pokémon that are showing up though. They didn't get enough love.
Old May 25th, 2013 (10:59 PM).
flight
soaring
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
Seems pretty likely. They didn't really demo many Pokémon for trailers like this that weren't in the games, so it seems likely. I'm loving all the Hoenn Pokémon that are showing up though. They didn't get enough love.
Thisss! n__n I'm so happy to see that some of the Kalos (hopefully most) Pokedex consists of Hoenn Pokemon~! Hopefully this would mean a large portion of what made Gen III so loved by it's fans would be present in this game, kind of eliminating the need for a remake. :x

Mmmm...Gen VI with elements of Gen III. An amazing combination, indeed~!

go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPM
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links