Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old May 28th, 2013 (07:59 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Well ancient science was based on mysticism and other things along that line (aka Alchemy) so I guess they could do something like that...though I'm hoping they save the mystic for the next so we can see Arceus in a generation with potential Gen 4 remakes (and maybe give it it's thousand arm forme...) .
Old May 29th, 2013 (09:14 AM).

Nature: Jolly
I was just thinking...

How would you feel if they included Missingno in the game, as an actual new pokemon?

I think I would nerd out like crazy...I wouldn't be against it but it would be interesting how they would do it. I've always thought it would be an amazing nod to the past of pokemon.

It's silly but I can't help but feel uncomfortable about Missingno...even if it was just a glitch....it obviously became so much more than that.
Old May 29th, 2013 (09:28 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
I severely doubt that Missingno is going to be popping up in these games. It just doesn't really make sense to add in, nor is it really a "valid" Pokémon. For the nostalgia factor it'd be funny to see it pop up somewhere, or referenced, but as an actual Pokémon no thank you =P
Old May 29th, 2013 (09:34 AM).
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Missingno could be an alternate form of Ditto or Porygon...haha!
Old May 29th, 2013 (09:41 AM).

Quote originally posted by Jake♫:
I severely doubt that Missingno is going to be popping up in these games. It just doesn't really make sense to add in
I would argue that no pokemon really makes sense to add in, but they get added anyway because gamefreak want to see it happen. If they did add Missingno I could see it being a Ghost/Fairy type. (if fairy was included) Not fairy as in cutesy, fairy as in mystical or abnormal.

(After all you could say it makes sense for gamefreak to add a dolphin pokemon...but despite that they haven't done so yet)

I always find it sad to see people just reject it like that. I guess missingno really gets my creative mind going.

It seems Missingno really is missing, and always will be. Doesn't that seem tragic?
Old May 29th, 2013 (11:54 AM).

Missingno is some kind of Bird pokemon tho. He was Bird/Normal, making it the first Pokemon to be Normal as secondary type even before Helioptile, in Yellow he was Normal/999 tho.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 29th, 2013 (12:20 PM).
.. and so are we
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Missingno would be very suited for the #666 entry of the Pokedex mind you.
Old May 29th, 2013 (12:36 PM).

Quote originally posted by MarinoKadame:
Missingno is some kind of Bird pokemon tho. He was Bird/Normal, making it the first Pokemon to be Normal as secondary type even before Helioptile, in Yellow he was Normal/999 tho.
Maybe Missingno's quirk could be that it could be caught as any type. So you could catch a Bug type Missingno or a fire type Missingno. It would always be singly typed, so no dual typing.

It would add extra mystery to Missingno because you could then presume that Missingno was actually a bunch of different pokemon that have glitched into the one entity.

It would be different from Arceus in that it wouldn't be able to change type, so they would all be seperate entities.
Old May 29th, 2013 (12:42 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Missingno was never a Pokemon. It was a glitch that existed with Gamefreak pulling out data last minute and not cleaning the games up. It didn't carry into Gen 2 or anything after that.

Bird type was the original coding for Flying type too if I recall. Missingno either was was never a Pokemon. Same glitch could be done to catch glitched versions of Gym Leaders and various random Pokemon, as well as unlock the Safari Zone Pokemon outside of the Safari Zone.

I ended up catching Blaine using that Glitch, he later evolved into a Charmander.

Either way, it was glitched data that was never supposed to exist. Many things have been removed from the games permanently since then, so I doubt Gamefreak ever intends to bring those back.
Old May 29th, 2013 (03:23 PM).
Silver Tier

The way I see it coming back is as an unglitched easter egg gimmicky Pokémon...which tbh would scare me if I saw it, I'll probably turn off the game, expecting it to glitch.
Old May 29th, 2013 (07:26 PM).

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Missingno was never a Pokemon. It was a glitch that existed with Gamefreak pulling out data last minute and not cleaning the games up. It didn't carry into Gen 2 or anything after that.

Bird type was the original coding for Flying type too if I recall. Missingno either was was never a Pokemon. Same glitch could be done to catch glitched versions of Gym Leaders and various random Pokemon, as well as unlock the Safari Zone Pokemon outside of the Safari Zone.

I ended up catching Blaine using that Glitch, he later evolved into a Charmander.

Either way, it was glitched data that was never supposed to exist. Many things have been removed from the games permanently since then, so I doubt Gamefreak ever intends to bring those back.
Would been great to have a pokemon based on a glitch like MissingNo.

XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old May 29th, 2013 (07:35 PM).
LIGHTNINGSTRIKE ϟ
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by MarinoKadame:
Would been great to have a pokemon based on a glitch like MissingNo.
This~! I think it's kind of high time for Gamefreak to at least make a Missingno-ish Pokemon. And make the stats really unusual too, though I can't figure out an awkward stat spread for it to have haha. @__@;; Make it like super weak or something, like 0/0/0/0/0/0 and have this super awesome ability or something. xD;

To guide those who are
lost
, and fight alongside those who are
found
, that is my duty. «
Old May 29th, 2013 (07:39 PM).

MissingNo had 0 defense and like 3000 lbs.

Old May 30th, 2013 (12:48 PM).
I'm awesome

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
This~! I think it's kind of high time for Gamefreak to at least make a Missingno-ish Pokemon. And make the stats really unusual too, though I can't figure out an awkward stat spread for it to have haha. @__@;; Make it like super weak or something, like 0/0/0/0/0/0 and have this super awesome ability or something. xD;
Its stats could be 0/0/0/0/0/0, and then it could have an ability that it always has the same stat as its opponent. that would be interesting
Old May 30th, 2013 (12:52 PM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote originally posted by pokerex:
Its stats could be 0/0/0/0/0/0, and then it could have an ability that it always has the same stat as its opponent. that would be interesting
Sounds like another ditto though.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old May 30th, 2013 (02:16 PM).
Silver Tier

Just use Gastro Acid on it and it'll easily fall with it's all zero stats...
Old May 30th, 2013 (02:51 PM).

Well MissingNo pokemon could be like the Ditto of gen 6, Gen 3 had like 2 Ditto pokemon ( Castform and Kekcleon ), Gen 4 had Rotom, you could count Porygon with his ability to copy the abilities too. I'm sure it will have those kind of abilities.

Old May 30th, 2013 (09:02 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by XanderO:

Weren't combos in SF2 originally a glitch but were kept in future installments and other fighting games because people loved it? The same thing can be said about Missingno., as many people loved it, so Game Freak may consider turning it into an official pokemon as this gen's #000, like Victini, to pay tribute and attract older fans who stopped after Yellow or during Gen 2.
Old May 31st, 2013 (03:39 AM).
An awesome usertitle
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
These games don't seem to have any actual relation to the first few games, so even if it WAS reasonable to make Missing number an actual Pokémon, it wouldn't make sense to do it in XY.

Old May 31st, 2013 (04:00 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I really don't see why Game Freak would like to point out a mistake they had with previous games.
Old May 31st, 2013 (04:28 AM).
An awesome usertitle
Crystal Tier

To be fair, Mew was originally not meant to be accessible at all, and it was only because of the glitch that let you encounter it that they eventually made it an official Pokémon.
But the difference is that while both were accessible due to glitches, Mew was an actual, coded-in Pokémon, while MissingNo. was and is still just a wacky glitch.
It's not the glitch that enabled Mew to be caught that was kept in future games. It was Mew as a Pokémon.

Old May 31st, 2013 (04:33 AM).
Seriously?
Silver Tier

What'd be the point for them to do that? It wasn't something they intended to happen.
Old May 31st, 2013 (04:45 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by Pokestick, good times.:
To be fair, Mew was originally not meant to be accessible at all, and it was only because of the glitch that let you encounter it that they eventually made it an official Pokémon.
But the difference is that while both were accessible due to glitches, Mew was an actual, coded-in Pokémon, while MissingNo. was and is still just a wacky glitch.
It's not the glitch that enabled Mew to be caught that was kept in future games. It was Mew as a Pokémon.
But Mew didn't destroy your game when you caught it. I understand you point though.
Old May 31st, 2013 (06:05 AM).
An awesome usertitle
Crystal Tier

I think that if they ever intended MissingNo. to be canon, they would've done it in FrLg. So that practically ends any discussion.

And technically Porygon-Z is a glitched-out version of Porygon2 anyway.

Old May 31st, 2013 (06:40 AM). Edited May 31st, 2013 by Sabrewulf238.

Quote originally posted by Pokestick, good times.:
These games don't seem to have any actual relation to the first few games, so even if it WAS reasonable to make Missing number an actual Pokémon, it wouldn't make sense to do it in XY.
That isn't a very good argument. Sylveon is an evolution to a pokemon introduced in the very first game....and a pokemon from the very first game is getting a new form. (Mewtwo)

All the games are related to each other...not strictly but still connected.

On another note the whole "if they were going to do it they would have done it at THIS point" argument is pointless. It's not like they would think of doing something and then go "oops we missed our chance to do it". If they want to do it they'll make it happen regardless of the moment they're in.

Quote originally posted by vaporeon7:
I really don't see why Game Freak would like to point out a mistake they had with previous games.
Anyone who follows the games closely enough to appreciate the addition of Missingno as an actual pokemon already knows about the glitch. Anyone who doesn't won't notice and probably won't care that much about a glitch that occurred in a game released in the 90's.

Regardless, Missingno has cult status. It's not JUST a glitch. Heck people make t-shirts with Missingno on it: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l74z1174671qzxegjo1_500.jpg

(Anyhow, there are pokemon that form magically from snow into the shape of ice cream cones. It doesn't seem that crazy to imagine a glitch taking a physical form in the pokemon world.)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links