Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 31st, 2013 (07:55 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
11 days until the Presentation/Q & A. I'm hoping they reveal some new Pokémon, or maybe a evolutionary relative to the ones we already know about.
Old May 31st, 2013 (08:03 AM).
Blue
the one
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
If they're doing a presentation/Q&A dedicated to Pokemon X and Pokemon Y for 1 hour and 30 minutes, then I'm sure we'll get some new information.

Team Platinum
Old May 31st, 2013 (09:05 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I hope they go into some detail on that whole bond mechanic they've hinted at.

Maybe tell us more about the Kalos region too.
Old May 31st, 2013 (01:43 PM).
Community Supporter

I also hope they explain what this rumored bond system's about. Also please reveal Sylveon's typing already!
Old May 31st, 2013 (02:16 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I don't expect Sylveon's typing to come until this month or next month. Either way, it'll be quite a while, and I wouldn't be surprised if we're in the dark about more details such as the starter's typing.
Old May 31st, 2013 (04:21 PM).
crimsonskarmory
Alchemist

Nature: Modest
This is the first I have heard about this bond system. I would like to know more about that and also the evolutions for the starters would be really nice to know.
Old May 31st, 2013 (05:25 PM).
Blue
the one
Community Supporter

The one thing I'm really holding out for right now is Sylveon's type, I don't know why but I'm really keen to find out since it has remained a mystery for a long time now.

Team Platinum
Old May 31st, 2013 (05:49 PM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
If they're doing a presentation/Q&A dedicated to Pokemon X and Pokemon Y for 1 hour and 30 minutes, then I'm sure we'll get some new information.
How it stands, the Q&A will be only about things we already know. They have enough info out there to make up an hour long presentation and to take up 30 mins in a Q&A session. We may get lucky and they discuss anything we may get in CoroCoro, but with the last reveal being fairly large, my expectations for this CoroCoro are very low. I'm not expecting anything big other than more Movie news.
Old May 31st, 2013 (07:33 PM).
Community Supporter

Imo it'll take a lot of padding to cover an hour with what we know now, that is unless they decide to elaborate on what we know, which I wouldn't mind.
Old June 1st, 2013 (10:07 AM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I expect some forum meltdowns when the cat is out of the bag, during, or after the Direct. It's like... there's something we don't know yet that should be there by this point.
Old June 1st, 2013 (10:22 AM).
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I really want them to reveal the inspiration for the Legendaries and if evolutions for older pokemon will exist beside sylveon.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old June 1st, 2013 (11:29 AM).
Community Supporter

The inspirations for the legends would be good trivia. Maybe the same for the mascots like how they told us Gen 5's inspiration.
Old June 1st, 2013 (01:45 PM).
Blue
the one
Community Supporter

Smash in an hour! Although, after last weeks let down I'm not expecting all that much tbh. There was a "?" in the last week preview but apparently it's just Pancham's signature move being used which is odd.

Team Platinum
Old June 1st, 2013 (01:54 PM).
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Speaking of the origins of the legendaries, seeing them caused me to immediately jump to Norse mythology. There is a great tree called Yggdrasil, which connects the various worlds that the religion believes in with its branches and roots.

I faintly remembered something about a deer and a bird living upon Yggdrasil, and thought it might be worth looking into to see if there was any link. I hadn't gotten round to it until just now. As it turns out, the tree was believed to be inhabited by four stags, an eagle and a dragon.

It's not very solid evidence, but I think it's very possible that there's some connection. If we find out that the traditional third member of this generation's legendaries is based on a dragon I think it might be something to go on.
Old June 1st, 2013 (03:01 PM). Edited June 1st, 2013 by Rodriguezjames55.
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
all i want is a Hitmonnorris we have hitmonjackiechan hitmonbrucelee Hitmonnorris would be an epic pokemon
Old June 1st, 2013 (04:18 PM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Grif of Hearts:
Speaking of the origins of the legendaries, seeing them caused me to immediately jump to Norse mythology. There is a great tree called Yggdrasil, which connects the various worlds that the religion believes in with its branches and roots.

I faintly remembered something about a deer and a bird living upon Yggdrasil, and thought it might be worth looking into to see if there was any link. I hadn't gotten round to it until just now. As it turns out, the tree was believed to be inhabited by four stags, an eagle and a dragon.

It's not very solid evidence, but I think it's very possible that there's some connection. If we find out that the traditional third member of this generation's legendaries is based on a dragon I think it might be something to go on.
Most often the dragon is referred to as a Snake or Serpent in the myth but I can see the Snake being a Dragon like Rayquaza (oppose to Longs (Chinese dragons)), maybe a yellow or another green serpent.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (02:29 AM). Edited June 2nd, 2013 by Grif of Hearts.
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

It is worth noting that dragons have been referred to and related to serpents since their concoction. I do agree though that if this is the direction that they had intended on going then the dragon should be quite snake-like and agile, as opposed to the thick and brutish designs of Salamence and Charizard. There don't seem to be many in that style, beyond Rayquaza.

Unlike Rayquaza I can't imagine it flying though. As far as I know, most Norse depictions of Níðhöggr featured him with front legs, but no back legs or wings, and then a long snake-like body from the torso down. I'm getting the distinct feeling that this might relate it to a ground type, although the close relation to the tree Yggdrasil might suggest a dragon/grass type?

*Double checking my facts proved that he is supposed to be capable of flight. In a sense, that disappoints me. We already have plenty of dragons that can fly. I was hoping for something that buried through the ground.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (08:56 AM).
Community Supporter

Doesn't mean it need's to be part flying though, as lately the legendary mascots have access to fly. I imagine the third legend being Water/Dragon to represent the Sea and depth at the same time. Or maybe Fire/Ice as there's a legend that the norse world was made of fire and ice. Though I imagine a Fire/Ice legend would be more like their trio master.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (10:04 AM).
Esper

It also doesn't mean they'll try to recreate the creature from legend as closely as possible. I think they'll have an idea of what kind of Pokemon they want to have in the games and then try to merge the two - what they want and what makes sense. So they may decide that they've had too many flying dragons and design this next one to be non-flying. We'd all still be able to figure out the connection and the reference in its design.

deviantart blog pair
Old June 2nd, 2013 (11:00 AM).
seant123
Unhatched Egg

I think some of the pokemon that they've come up with in recent gens aren't as good as the old ones. Thats not me saying there aren't any good ones left to make, i've seen some awesome fakemon. Also i'm not happy with the starters. What is up with that frog thing!? and the grass one just looks weird. however fennekin looks cool. I think the main legendaries also look good but i think they should be releasing this game on normal DS's not just the 3DS, they'd sell more copies and it would give the gamers without a 3DS a chance to play too.

Please click my pokefarm egg:

Old June 2nd, 2013 (12:33 PM).
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I'm so ready for some decent revelations. Since the reveal of Panchum I've been so thirsty for more!

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old June 2nd, 2013 (02:00 PM).
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Quote originally posted by seant123:
I think some of the pokemon that they've come up with in recent gens aren't as good as the old ones. Thats not me saying there aren't any good ones left to make, i've seen some awesome fakemon. Also i'm not happy with the starters. What is up with that frog thing!? and the grass one just looks weird. however fennekin looks cool. I think the main legendaries also look good but i think they should be releasing this game on normal DS's not just the 3DS, they'd sell more copies and it would give the gamers without a 3DS a chance to play too.
Nintendo are moving their games over to the 3DS, which is the sensible thing to do. They can't release the 3DS and then continue to only make games for the previous DS consoles. It's like saying that Sony should release their Playstation 4 and then only release games for the PS3. Sure they could, but it would be waste of the next consoles abilities (in this case, the 3DS's far greater processing power and the 3D features) and it would provide no incentive for customers to buy the new console.

Speaking of the starters, this is the first time I've ever liked all of the starters from the get-go. Froakie is the most charming little frog I've ever seen and Chespin looks full of fighting spirit. If anything, Fennekin is my least favourite, not because I dislike it but because it doesn't get me excited about anything. This is all just opinion, however. I'm not arguing that your opinions are incorrect.

Quote originally posted by Haza:
I'm so ready for some decent revelations. Since the reveal of Panchum I've been so thirsty for more!
As am I. I told myself to avoid all spoilers, but I know I'm far too weak for that. I'm looking forward to seeing Pancham's evolutions, personally, if it has any. I'm expecting it to become a fighting/dark type, due to it already being revealed as a fighting type and being called the "Naughty" Pokémon.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (04:03 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
This is the first time I've liked all of the starters since Gen III. Now I just hope they don't go and mess it up with ugly evolutions and/or poor stats / movesets. In my opinion, Fifth Gen had the worst set of starters, not so much in design, but in their stat spread and their very shallow movepools.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (04:20 PM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I totally agree. They didn't really feel original like past starters have felt. So far I have way higher hopes, just from the base stages. Usually I don't feel that way just from that, and I wait until I see more evolutions before I get a good feeling. Chespin alone gave me that initial feeling by itself, and the other two just made it even better.
Old June 2nd, 2013 (06:09 PM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
This is the first time I've liked all of the starters since Gen III. Now I just hope they don't go and mess it up with ugly evolutions and/or poor stats / movesets. In my opinion, Fifth Gen had the worst set of starters, not so much in design, but in their stat spread and their very shallow movepools.
I agree, which really disappointed me. Serperior looks cool but it's moveset is awful...it's worse than Meganium's imo.
Hopefully Chespin and the others will have diversity in their movepools.

Sponsored Links