Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old June 3rd, 2013 (03:58 AM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
This is the first time I've liked all of the starters since Gen III. Now I just hope they don't go and mess it up with ugly evolutions and/or poor stats / movesets. In my opinion, Fifth Gen had the worst set of starters, not so much in design, but in their stat spread and their very shallow movepools.
I actually loved all the 5th Gen starters, but that's probably me being biased cos it's my fave generation (and Oshawott of course!) but I do admit I love all the 6th Gen starters as well, in fact I'm actually really confused on who to choose (although my love of Water-types suggests I go with Froakie, I don't find him ugly at all) but I do hope they have good stats and movesets all around, and maybe evolution designs that look appealing. 5th Gen was alright to me, since Tepig and Oshawott did learn some decent attacks.

I also love how this is the first trio to lack a reptilian starter, so X & Y definitely got me excited already for finally being very different with the designs. I have to admit Kalos has really appealing looks with the starters, and despite what most people say I actually think Froakie is adorable, not exactly Oshawott-level but his eyes are so kawaii! Chespin is my new fave Grass starter, and might be the first time I actually choose the Grass-type (since my main picks tend to be the Water-types) because he's different in the fact he's not a reptile, which got boring for me fast. Fennekin is my least fave of the bunch, but it's still alright and I think foxes are cute, not to mention the Firefox jokes hahaha.

battle server | tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs
adoption center mentor | fairy club | #teamtrivia

Old June 3rd, 2013 (04:32 AM).

Nature: Calm
You discusss about starters? UGH I always, have a hard time choosing my starter! Since my first game!! I love all the starters of all the generations! My favorite is Charmander tho I haven't chose a Fire type since SS. I cannot wait to see Fennekin's evolutions!

Also, I saw that pic yesterday on the internet. Don't know who made it but those eeveelutions are so amazing, I kinda wish GameFreak sees them somehow. They are all awesome.

full size: http://i.imgur.com/XdXRw.jpg?1
Old June 3rd, 2013 (04:48 AM).
The Legendary Master of Light!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
When Generation V first began, I didn't exactly appreciate the starters... but I grew to love them. I just look back and think "wow, did I really disregarded Samurott back then just because it was part seal and part otter?!" but now Samurott is one of my favorite starter evolutions.

I just think... Pokémon X and Y have brought in such adorable starters, and I really don't mind whatever Fennekin evolves into... I can just feel that it's still going to look so amazing and cool... and powerful. There have been rumors of it being Fire/Psychic, I'm sure it's probably going to become a reality, but who knows... maybe it might end up being another Fire/Fighting like Generation III, IV and V... and if it does, I can just imagine how it would look like, probably something like a ninja fox Pokémon or something. Either way, I still hope that it'll be Fire/Psychic though, just to break the long string of "Fire/Fighting" types from Generation III - V.

And I've gotta say... the only Generation where the starter evolutions were pure types was Generation II, while the only Generation that had the starter evolutions with all dual types was Generation IV. It'll be interesting if Pokémon X and Y had all the starter evolutions with dual types as it was in Generation IV.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm gradually learning to use Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old June 3rd, 2013 (07:06 AM).

Quote originally posted by Grif of Hearts:
Nintendo are moving their games over to the 3DS, which is the sensible thing to do. They can't release the 3DS and then continue to only make games for the previous DS consoles. It's like saying that Sony should release their Playstation 4 and then only release games for the PS3. Sure they could, but it would be waste of the next consoles abilities (in this case, the 3DS's far greater processing power and the 3D features) and it would provide no incentive for customers to buy the new console.

Speaking of the starters, this is the first time I've ever liked all of the starters from the get-go. Froakie is the most charming little frog I've ever seen and Chespin looks full of fighting spirit. If anything, Fennekin is my least favourite, not because I dislike it but because it doesn't get me excited about anything. This is all just opinion, however. I'm not arguing that your opinions are incorrect.
I get where you're coming from with the 3DS but i simply can't agree with you on Froakie, i respect your opinion and all but he just creeps me out, i can live with Chespin, Chespin is ok, but Froakie? Damn thats one creepy frog. But if thats your opinion i respect it.

Please click my pokefarm egg:

Old June 3rd, 2013 (07:49 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by ilias_:
You discusss about starters? UGH I always, have a hard time choosing my starter! Since my first game!! I love all the starters of all the generations! My favorite is Charmander tho :) I haven't chose a Fire type since SS. I cannot wait to see Fennekin's evolutions!

Also, I saw that pic yesterday on the internet. Don't know who made it but those eeveelutions are so amazing, I kinda wish GameFreak sees them somehow. They are all awesome.

full size: http://i.imgur.com/XdXRw.jpg?1
That image has been floating around for years now, but it's definitely still cool to go back and take a look at it. Many of those new Eeveelutions I like the appearance more than I like Sylveon, so it honestly would have been nice to see one of those pop up instead.

Quote originally posted by seant123:
I get where you're coming from with the 3DS but i simply can't agree with you on Froakie, i respect your opinion and all but he just creeps me out, i can live with Chespin, Chespin is ok, but Froakie? Damn thats one creepy frog. But if thats your opinion i respect it.
+1 for Froakie just being a sub-par looking starter =P
Old June 3rd, 2013 (09:57 AM).
The EXP-Grinding Trainer

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
Probably what's going to happen, anyway. It happened In Gen IV for most of Gen II's Pokemon(as well as Gen I), wouldn't be surprised if it happened this time around for Gen III (meaning I wouldn't be surprised if this time around, they were to evolve most of Gen III's Pokemon).
Oh, yes; the possibility of tons of Generation III evolutions and pre-evolutions might mean that it's time to head back over to the RSE Remake Speculation Thread!

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old June 3rd, 2013 (11:07 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

See that billboard?At first i though it was just a brand of clothes that we will wear.
Now i think that it has something to do with Pokemon contests.Maybe the characters will be able to participate along with their Pokemon by dressing up as well and compare themeselves to other trainers.
It could be either though since for a split second you can see the billboard being blue instead of pink.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old June 3rd, 2013 (02:45 PM).
.. and so are we
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by JayTheKing:

See that billboard?At first i though it was just a brand of clothes that we will wear.
Now i think that it has something to do with Pokemon contests.Maybe the characters will be able to participate along with their Pokemon by dressing up as well and compare themeselves to other trainers.
It could be either though since for a split second you can see the billboard being blue instead of pink.
Or maybe some sort of modelling competition, it looks like the person is posing on some sort of catwalk possibly? Similar to Elesa's gym in BW2.

#TeamTrivia
Decreased activity
01/06/2015 - 19/06/2015
Old June 3rd, 2013 (09:46 PM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by JayTheKing:

I was curious about that billboard was as well, maybe it might represent a new sidequest similar to the Contests/Pokeathlon/Musical etc. If it happens, I'd like to see how well they can pull it off.

battle server | tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs
adoption center mentor | fairy club | #teamtrivia

Old June 3rd, 2013 (10:25 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
The big two possibilities I see for that billboard are pretty much this:
  1. It's just a random billboard with a stock advertisement that loops with a few others. Probably just for effect in a big city.
  2. That big building is for Contests/Musicals/What have you, and the sign is how you recognize it. Although the building seems pretty...bland compared to the past Contest/Musical Halls, so maybe not.
Old June 4th, 2013 (06:24 AM).

Quote originally posted by RandomDSdevel:
Oh, yes; the possibility of tons of Generation III evolutions and pre-evolutions might mean that it's time to head back over to the RSE Remake Speculation Thread!
which Gen III evolutions or prevolutions do you most want to see? I for one would love to see Swellow evolve, i want it to be like the other regional bird pokemon with three evolutions (Pidgey-Pidgeot, Starly-Staraptor etc.).

Please click my pokefarm egg:

Old June 4th, 2013 (06:24 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Well I did a rumor from 4chan stating that the anime will be including singing idol contests for both the new female lead and Jessie, so perhaps that building from the image may be the singing contest building.
Old June 4th, 2013 (06:39 AM).
LIGHTNINGSTRIKE ϟ
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
I..really doubt that the building is for this generation's contests (at least, I hope not!). What bothered me at first was, as Jake said, the building seemed...well, "bland", I suppose. In every single generation, contests were actually clearly marked with some overly decorative building of some sort, so I assume the same would apply in this generation too, really. ._.;

To guide those who are
lost
, and fight alongside those who are
found
, that is my duty. «
Old June 4th, 2013 (08:11 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I actually wouldn't mind a sort of bland building, the others look sort of gaudy.
Old June 5th, 2013 (12:08 PM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

It can always be just the advertisment for the contest in the city instead of having an NPC tell you about it.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old June 5th, 2013 (01:25 PM).
Silver Tier

That'll be a nice twist, as it annoys me to get dragged into the buildings, I can do it myself thank you very much! Also it gives a chance to those that don't who don't like the contests, musicals, theater a chance to avoid them all together.
Old June 5th, 2013 (01:53 PM).
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
I can already imagine that Billboard being an AD for a girls-only contest!
Imagine that, depending on your gender in the game, your side-quests change! That would be awesome & would motivate me to restart the game even more!!!
Am I the only one??
Old June 5th, 2013 (08:11 PM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Talking about mini-stuffs, I hope the PokeAthalon makes a return. I loved that minigame!
Favorite Side-STuff:
1. PokeAthalon
2. Contests
3. Musicals
Old June 6th, 2013 (12:30 AM).
LIGHTNINGSTRIKE ϟ
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
I do hope the Pokeathlon makes some sort of return too, but honestly, I kind of feel they're more of an HG/SS exclusive. Kind of a bonus if you will, along with bringing back the ol' Bug-catching contest, if you will. Still, I'd rather prefer either Gen III-styled contests this time around or the Pokeathlon, it makes no difference to me which since both were honestly equally as fun~!

In any case though, shying away from this topic, do you guys think that the surf mechanics might be changed this time around? I'm quite a bit curious about that myself, but I'm wondering if that Lapras-ish Pokemon that appears when you surf would still continue to appear, or whether it'd actually show your Pokemon carrying you through the water. Now, I do realize that implementing the latter would take a lot more time and resources (perhaps) on GF's part, but I think it's really innovative approach to surfing, so how do you guys feel about this?

To guide those who are
lost
, and fight alongside those who are
found
, that is my duty. «
Old June 6th, 2013 (02:49 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by AnonygooseD:
I can already imagine that Billboard being an AD for a girls-only contest!
Imagine that, depending on your gender in the game, your side-quests change! That would be awesome & would motivate me to restart the game even more!!!
Am I the only one??
Nooooooooo.

I'm a guy and I really liked the Pokémon Contests. So making the side stuff gender based would just ruin it for me since I never play as the female protagonists ─ even if they look better than the guys' designs more than half the time. I think making something as side quests, as trivial as they may be to the overall game, gender differentiated would be a big negative in my opinion.
Old June 6th, 2013 (05:07 AM).
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Well, I have to agree partially, but I sometimes play with the female protagonists just for a change... I'm just in favor of anything that will add to the replay value of the games...
Old June 6th, 2013 (08:09 AM).
Silver Tier

It's practically confirmed that wouldn't happen considering the main site says that no matter which sex we pick to play as there won't be big difference in game play. And having different mini games seems like a big difference. Now if it's a small aethestic difference like say the color of the place than maybe.
Old June 6th, 2013 (09:53 PM).
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
In any case though, shying away from this topic, do you guys think that the surf mechanics might be changed this time around? I'm quite a bit curious about that myself, but I'm wondering if that Lapras-ish Pokemon that appears when you surf would still continue to appear, or whether it'd actually show your Pokemon carrying you through the water. Now, I do realize that implementing the latter would take a lot more time and resources (perhaps) on GF's part, but I think it's really innovative approach to surfing, so how do you guys feel about this?
I would love to see that happen! I want the same thing with Fly, not just a black bird.
But I can see a problem if GF made the Surf sprite apart for.any other Pokemon. The Player that sits on a Horsea while crossing the ocean? Nahh... looks awkward.

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old June 6th, 2013 (10:07 PM).

Well before you had a Pikachu exclusive Surf animation.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old June 7th, 2013 (02:09 AM).
ffet

Nature: Relaxed
With the E3 Presentation/Q&A on the 11th, the release of CoroCoro on the 15th, and another Pokémon X and Pokémon Y special episode of Pokémon Smash on the 16th, we're due to either receive some new information three times or a lot of different information.
What do you think will be revealed? I'm thinking some more new Pokémon, maybe some town and/or city names, and I'm very sure that we'll find out what type Sylveon is (if not, maybe the new movie short will help?), possibly along with Xerneas and Yveltal's type. I hope they reveal the starter evolutions too.

Sponsored Links