Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old June 19th, 2013 (12:37 AM).
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
First of all, Silver was supposed to be a criminal, even though I'd like to see him go goodie-goodie & become the prof's aide.
The battle animations might be a bit slower than usual BUT they won't be as annoying as before, every encounter might be different (Single/Horde) & they way you encounter stuff is pretty interesting too (The Onix you stepped on attacked, & Yvonne is taking her clothes off for a new PETA advert.) lol also the 3D beauty, it's not all that complex but I personally like the simple graphics shown in X & Y, I'm actually feeling for the first time I'm gonna enjoy random encounters.

Speaking of graphics, I can already imagine Nintendo one day making a game with graphics SO realistic that they're sometimes disturbing & people will start saying X & Y's graphics were the best & a new era of Genwunning will begin
Old June 19th, 2013 (01:26 AM).
#SmashingTheMaroons

Nature: Gentle
I really found the graphics to make the game a bit more complex. like at the rate Pokémon is moving with graphics won't people start to miss the old style Pokémon.

I must admit and agree with AnonygooseD the graphics do look amazing which will in turn make those annoying encounters a little more interesting and enjoyable to experience.
Old June 19th, 2013 (02:33 AM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by CliCliW:
Ok, I'm going To be a pessimist here, but is there a professor for it announced yet? If there is though, I'm all for friendships and bonds.
A non-professor give out the Starter. Why?..... Because the new Professor was kidnapped by Fairies. He thought He was studying Fairies, when the Fairies where studying him.

"What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets!" would be some such conclusion of the Fairy's scientific research on the professor.

With a new type discovered, what else would he study? (unless fairies are like rattatas in Kalos.)
Old June 19th, 2013 (02:43 AM).
ace trainer

Nature: Naughty
Some of my freinds told me that xerneas and yveltal are going to have same status as arceus. ....is it true♥ i'm not sure .... im
So excited for it to come out
Old June 19th, 2013 (03:07 AM).
Lametrainer

Same status? If you mean they are gods then it's very likely, nearly all legendaries are god-ish in a way or another, but I started hating them after GF made too much, & Arceus jokes aren't even funny anymore!

I would love though if they make a 3DS XL with a Xerneas/Yveltal print on it
Old June 19th, 2013 (06:29 AM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Xerneas reminds me of Princess Mononoke in all the right ways without being derivative. He feels like a awe-inspiring force of nature.
Old June 19th, 2013 (06:41 AM).
Lametrainer

Yveltal reminds me of a dark, screwed up form of Lugia, if you put the Ken Sugi art of both together you'll see what I mean .
Old June 19th, 2013 (08:46 AM).
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

Nature: Serious
Hi guys, I'm browing /vp/ and some italian guy says to be working for the city design of pokemon X Y, there's no way to know if it's true or fake as of now, but I'll share what he has posted so far, see if some of this comes true

Quote:
They will add a new feature: if you want, you will be able to set a password of 8-20 characters. If you choose to put the password you must use it when you enter in the game and before trades.

-You can use the characters that you use when you are writing your name, the password is one and only one, changeable by talking to an old man, and it's encrypted (however I don't know why you care about this, maybe you thought it was a sort of a test for me or idk)
Quote:
Flamportar is a new Fire/Normal Pokémon. It's the final evolution of Litleo, and it looks like a saber-thoothed bear on all fours, with some traits shared with a lion.
Quote:
Camchel City is a cool city imho. In italian we're naming it Cameliopoli, (you will find out why). It's like a big European castle and every week it's surrounded by high-water and you can't surf to get out of the city.
Quote:
There won't be multiple save files.
Quote:
Sylveon is the only eevelution introduced in this generation. It evolves by trade, after playing with him a lot in Pokémon Amie.
Quote:
Ok, give me some minutes now, because I will try to sketch Arbsagar, Feuzique and Rospaguaro.
These are supposedly the names of the 3rd evolutions from the starters.

Quote:
Ok guys, I CAN'T draw but I have done my best. This is Rospaguaro, the final evolution of Froakie. He keeps his eyes perpetually closed and it's said to be blind, but he can see through his mind. He can jump 20 times its height and his bubbles covering his body can become harder than rocks to pass through.
Spoiler:

Someone asked: So, can you tell us if they're going the "evolution and genders" route or the "3 axys" one with X and Y?Because that would determine if they do like B2/W2 going XX/XY, or a "remake" like every other game by doing a Z

He replied
Quote:
I'm not leaking this yet. But X and Y doesn't mean chromosomes nor dimensions.
Someone asked: who's the region's "pseudo legend" [what is it, type, etc], i'm not sure if localization teams are familiar with such a term but it's reserved for the non legends with 600 BST in its final evo [Dnite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Garchomp, etc]

He replied:
Quote:
There are more pokémon like those. 3. The types are Steel/Fairy, Dragon/Fairy and Dragon/Poison. Dragon/Poison looks like a cobra, Fairy/Steel looks like Angemon, Dragon/Fairy... I don't even know how to describe it...
Someone asked if the Water starter's final evolution would be Water/Psychic
He replied:
Quote:
The type are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting, I thought you all already know...
Quote:
Mawile turns Steel/Fairy though...
Quote:
you haven't seen all the fairy pokémon already. We chose "Gremlin" and not "Fairy" for the italian translation because it fixes more. Fairy Pokémon are Pokémon which resembles fairytales and have mystical powers, like trolls, jinn, ogres, pixies, etc...
Quote:
There is a Ghost/Normal puppeteer holding a marionette
This is all he has posted so far, will update this post or post a new one when he posts more info (if he does)

NOTE: This might be fake, but hey, who knows!
Old June 19th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
That definitely sounds fake to me.

And yeah Anonygoose, I can already see the youngins of the future claiming this to be the best Gen around and getting all nostalgic about it! And yikes, I hope Pokemon doesn't become too realistic. I don't think that'll ever happen, because it'll be such an immense art-style change.
Old June 19th, 2013 (09:01 AM).
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
All the leaks sounds plausible, but i have just one doubt.
How can dragon/poison be a pseudo legendary? I mean, it doesn't have an immunity to one of any types. Pseudo legendaries are supposed to have an immunity to one of any types as far as i know.
Dnite n mence - ground
t-tar n hydra - psychic
meta - poison
chomp - electric
Old June 19th, 2013 (09:02 AM).
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

@Powerserge: hey, who knows, I am indeed a bit skeptical about a few things, but so far the amount of info given and how it's explained you still can't be so sure about it being fake or not. Let's just wait for the dude to post more and when more information about the game is given, we might have something

UPDATE!!
Feuzique. I love that Pokémon. When he/she founds a trainer, he never betrays him and never leaves him as long as he live (he can be traded tought, mind****). He can make his tail burn brighter than the sun to distract enemies. He can melt things using his psychic powers.
Spoiler:

Old June 19th, 2013 (09:05 AM).
let's make this a reality
Platinum Tier

Sounds too fake, the way he's wording his answers just gives it all away tbh.
Old June 19th, 2013 (09:12 AM).
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

Well, he's italian, who knows, he's english isn't that good... I'll just wait until he posts the 3rd picture and leave it here, you all be judges and decide whether to believe it or not.

Personally... I want to believe it's true.
Old June 19th, 2013 (09:16 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
That drawing is one of a fake mon I saw in Youtube so it's fake.
Old June 19th, 2013 (09:19 AM).

i really like the design of final evolution of froakie and fennekin!
Old June 19th, 2013 (09:20 AM). Edited June 19th, 2013 by danks_.
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
That drawing is one of a fake mon I saw in Youtube so it's fake.
really? Can you link me to it? So I can also post it on the /vp/ thread and let other people know if it really is fake thanks

nevermind guys, confirmed fake, said farfetch'd would get an evo even when game freak anounced they would never make such a thing. Disregard my posts...

I wanted to believe :'c
Old June 19th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
Lametrainer

It's okay Danks some of the purest crap spouted by people on the Internet actually came true, like when I thought the announcement of a Fairy type was just said by people from over-excitement but it happened!

What was really stupid is how come he claims he can't draw when he was supposed to be designing a city in X & Y??? Also how was Froakie supposed to see with his mind when he's not Psychic & Fennekin is (in the post)?
Old June 19th, 2013 (10:20 AM).

Quote originally posted by AnonygooseD:
It's okay Danks some of the purest crap spouted by people on the Internet actually came true, like when I thought the announcement of a Fairy type was just said by people from over-excitement but it happened!

What was really stupid is how come he claims he can't draw when he was supposed to be designing a city in X & Y??? Also how was Froakie supposed to see with his mind when he's not Psychic & Fennekin is (in the post)?
its some kung fu(or any other chinese/japanese material arts) masters in the movie-they get to such an high level in terms of skills, so they have a strong mind and all those staff...
Old June 19th, 2013 (10:35 AM).
Lametrainer

I'm not quite sure I got that, but the line said about "became blind & sees with his mind" is the stupidest thing that could ever appear in a Pokedex tbh...
Also a part Psychic starter is never going to happen if you ask me!
Old June 19th, 2013 (03:24 PM).

Quote originally posted by AnonygooseD:
I'm not quite sure I got that, but the line said about "became blind & sees with his mind" is the stupidest thing that could ever appear in a Pokedex tbh...
Also a part Psychic starter is never going to happen if you ask me!
First, the blind seer is a pretty common archetype and really no stupider than some of what's already in the Pokedex, and second, I don't see why not.

Anyway, no Chespin final evo?

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old June 19th, 2013 (03:49 PM).
let's make this a reality
Platinum Tier

I haven't read any of the alleged starter final evolutions type combinations for spoil purposes but here's what I'm hoping: Fennekin ~ Fire/Psychic, Chespin ~ Grass/Dark, Froakie ~ Water/Fighting (Or Water/Ice)
Old June 19th, 2013 (04:06 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by shubham2207:
All the leaks sounds plausible, but i have just one doubt.
How can dragon/poison be a pseudo legendary? I mean, it doesn't have an immunity to one of any types. Pseudo legendaries are supposed to have an immunity to one of any types as far as i know.
Dnite n mence - ground
t-tar n hydra - psychic
meta - poison
chomp - electric
That's more a coincidence really. Only things needed in 600 BST, Dual typed and 3 stage line.

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
I haven't read any of the alleged starter final evolutions type combinations for spoil purposes but here's what I'm hoping: Fennekin ~ Fire/Psychic, Chespin ~ Grass/Dark, Froakie ~ Water/Fighting (Or Water/Ice)
I hope for Fire/Fighting cause Fire/Psychic is worse IMO or pure Fire.

Chespin I hope is Rock. It learns Rollout so thats a bit of hope since he's not a round nor has been stated to have a curling defensive stature like other non-rocks that learn Rollout.

Froakie I hope if Water/Flying.

Also saw some bit about Italian name for Fairy. Folletto still means Fairy in Italian as well. Its a word with more than one meaning. Pixie, Imp, Gremlin, Elf, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Sprite, Bogy...all kinds of fantasy creatures are called Folletto. Its the same ambiguous meaning as Fairy as all of them are lumped under Fairy as a general term as well. They are all forms of Fae/Fairy by generalization.

So I think his rumors are fake. If he were italian he'd know that Folletto had more than one meaning.
Old June 19th, 2013 (04:16 PM).
Dark-type Trainer

I'd like to believe it to be fake but I can't say for certain. On one hand, most of what he says is some things that have already just been specualted upon so, he could just be adding on to that with his own BS. Until he cam prove what he says, I'm not buying it. Although Chespin being Grass/Dark is really what I'm hoping for, it'd determine who I'm bringing with me.
Old June 19th, 2013 (04:42 PM). Edited June 19th, 2013 by pedrito3_poke.
Banana

Well, I really think those starter type combinations are the ones that will most likely come true.
It's what me and many other people predicted after watching the first trailer.
Also, it's what the leaker from Pokébeach has predicted. And come on, he's been turning out to be a pretty credible source, you can't deny that. Yes, I know he was in one or two things, but I think you guys should check this.
Old June 19th, 2013 (05:02 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by pedrito3_poke:
Well, I really think those starter type combinations are the ones that will most likely come true.
It's what me and many other people predicted after watching the first trailer.
Also, it's what the leaker from Pokébeach has predicted. And come on, he's been turning out to be a pretty credible source, you can't deny that. Yes, I know he was in one or two things, but I think you guys should check this.
First trailer isn't really that plausible now. The attack Froakie used was Quick Attack and not a Fighting one which completely ruins the original basis for the rumors.

As for the Rumors posted on Pokebeach. They've all been debunked now. Some had some info right despite the creators of the rumors saying that they were false and those that didn't have their creators debunk them got debunked by Gamefreak and Pokemon Smash or Coro Coro at some point and time.

Quote:
Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it. (WPM Note: Fairy is confirmed, super effectiveness against Dragon is confirmed.)
E3 trailer proved that Fairy isn't SE against Dark. Hydreigon didn't take x4 Damage from Fairy Wind as it would have OHKO'd it if it did.

Quote:
A few attacks will be dual-typed. (WPM Note: Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that.)
Dual means two. If its One type, switches upon special circumstances, then it is NOT Dual Typed. That would be like Hidden Power which IS a Normal type attack that deal a different type damage nullifying STAB and being effected by the changed element's typing. Other attacks that do this are Secret Power and Nature Power. As well as Nature's Gift. They are all Normal type attacks that can change element based upon circumstances, but none are Dual typed attack as that would mean the attack has 2 types.

Quote:
The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously “punch ‘em,” with the “punch” starting out as “pan” because it’s a panda.
Someone please correct WPM...Its PanchAm. Not Panchum. Its not Punch'em.

Quote:
Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Already debunked. We have 4 rivals this go round.

A lot of that has twisted words to try and play off now proven false information as credible or possibly credible.

Everything to date has been either proven false or true. Only thing still up in the air are a few smaller rumors like the professors mentioned, though with Trevor taking the role of the Professor and seemingly handing out your Pokedex and Pokemon, is there need of Professor this time?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links